Anime Central Forums: Rude anime fans - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude anime fans The ones you can't stand....

#151 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61303

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostNaoya Toudou, on 28 March 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

LOL wow there are some anime i dont particularly like. not to say that i would hate or bash anyone who liked them, there are anime i like that i know people dont. but at least i give an anime an episode or 2 before i decide its not for me. i never saw clannad though its on my netflix so i may end up watching it lol. and if its slice of life highschool anime then i dont see why they would bash on that and yet like azumanga daioh ( which i found hilarious LOL Sakaki is too cute XD )

lol trust me you should watch it...it litterally LOL'ed a bunch of times :thumbup: ...some of the funniest parts are pretty much "thats what she said" moments (but not litterally like that, more...complicated...)
2013 Soul Eater (from Soul Eater)

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2011 Bankai/Vizard Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#152 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Postkotomichi, on 28 March 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Not rude persay, but more annoying...

People who think they can speak Japanese. T_T It breaks my heart to see someone say "Oh, that's so kawaii desuuu desu desu" in an atrocious accent. Not that saying it like a native would make it any better, though. At this point, I just want to stab pencils into my ears.

i could see that being annoying, kinda like people at my work assumeing i speak spanish like 5 times a day and getting offended when they realize im really not joking when i tell them i dont...on a side note i kinda wanna get a japanese rosetta stone to learn japanese, but if i do im actually gonna seriously try to learn it, as in like invest time over a couple years to learn,not just mispronounce phrases cuz i think its cool

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#153 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postanthony886, on 30 March 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

lol trust me you should watch it...it litterally LOL'ed a bunch of times :thumbup: ...some of the funniest parts are pretty much "thats what she said" moments (but not litterally like that, more...complicated...)

lol youve peaked my interest. perhaps after sekirei thatll go up next ^_^

#154 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

View Postanthony886, on 30 March 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

...i kinda wanna get a japanese rosetta stone to learn japanese, but if i do im actually gonna seriously try to learn it

I checked out that RS course, but when I asked what local dialect they're teaching, and which gender, she said that she'd have to ask someone and my call was "accidentally" dropped while I was waiting.

The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#155 User is offline   Darkspawn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61343

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 28 March 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Human beings can be exceedingly cruel. I'm sorry that someone was so rude to your mother. The unmitigated gall that it takes to insult one's elders is revolting to me (I'm not calling your mom old, but I am assuming that the person who said this to her was younger than your mom [in light of the person's comment concerning your mother's age, I feel like this is a safe assumption]).

It seems like young people these days are more arrogant and ignorant than ever (even though you said that this happened a few years ago, that still counts as "these days" in my book).

Some people think anyone who's not a gorgeous 18-year-old girl with big boobs shouldn't be cosplaying.

Personally, I've encountered a fair number of nerdy guys who, to be honest, weren't good-looking or were overweight/had poor hygiene, who were OFFENDED by unattractive female cosplayers. So ridiculous. Male privilege is a hilarious thing.
"Men's hearts hold shadows darker than any tainted creature."

#156 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostDarkspawn, on 31 March 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Some people think anyone who's not a gorgeous 18-year-old girl with big boobs shouldn't be cosplaying.

Personally, I've encountered a fair number of nerdy guys who, to be honest, weren't good-looking or were overweight/had poor hygiene, who were OFFENDED by unattractive female cosplayers. So ridiculous. Male privilege is a hilarious thing.

^^^This^^^
I love you.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#157 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostSmokey, on 30 March 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

I checked out that RS course, but when I asked what local dialect they're teaching, and which gender, she said that she'd have to ask someone and my call was "accidentally" dropped while I was waiting.

lol wow, maybe i should look into other learning methods...i wish i had both the time and money to take a formal calss or something cuz that would most likely be the best way

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#158 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

View Postkotomichi, on 28 March 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Not rude persay, but more annoying...

People who think they can speak Japanese. T_T It breaks my heart to see someone say "Oh, that's so kawaii desuuu desu desu" in an atrocious accent. Not that saying it like a native would make it any better, though. At this point, I just want to stab pencils into my ears.

Does it count if you are trying to really learn said language or is it more of a "weeaboo," type thing that is your pet peeve?

I've been personally trying to learn Japanese as well as Russian/Spanish for the past four years or so. I have a bad habit of saying some of the words out loud in an attempt to learn how to say stuff(from listening to J-pop songs etc.,) in an attempt to speak better and clearer, such as "honto ne?" or "Honto ga ka." But I know what "Desu," means as well as how to use it.

On a similar note: It gets on my nerves when people speak another language....and then speak broken english or really horrible english and expect you to either understand them or they think they are better than you because they can speak "two languages." For some reason I get this from Indonesia and people from PH a lot.

I mean like "Sis Bako go this way ok?"

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 01 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#159 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostDarkspawn, on 31 March 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

THIS
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#160 User is offline   Darkspawn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61343

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Oh my gosh, I forgot. Funny thing happened at Acen last year. I had just returned home from a semester in Beijing, where I was in the language immersion program. Not to mention, most Chinese people either couldn't - or were very shy about - speaking English. So I spoke a whole lotta Chinese, and making the switch back to full time English confused my stupid brain. I kept thanking people in Mandarin...ugh. Anyway, I was looking at this plush in the vendor's room, and said, "oh, ke ai (roughly pronounced kuh-ai)! That's how you say cute in Mandarin. Well, this girl nearby thought I was attempting to say "kawaii," snorted, and said "wow, your pronunciation is bad."

I just stared at her and said... "It's Chinese."

She just snorted again and rolled her eyes while she walked away.

Major facepalm.

This post has been edited by Darkspawn: 03 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

"Men's hearts hold shadows darker than any tainted creature."

#161 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

The type of Anime fans that I can't stand are the ones that I mainly encounter on the internet because myself and my friends and others I've met in person are actually sane. I know this term is rather derogatory but It's the "weeaboos" I can't stand. Yknow the ones... I'm not talking about the phase we all go through when we first get into anime and think its the coolest thing ever and AAAAAAH OMG I WANNA GO TO JAPAN TO .... thats cool and tame I'm talking about the EXTREME NON TOLERNET ANIME FANS THAT PLAGUE THE FANDOM .....the ones that go around yelling that everything is kawaii- desu desu and that they love kawaii asians and asume evry asian person MUST BE FROME JAPAN and..love sushi because It's Japanese even though they've never had it. Yknow the ones... B(

Also the anime fans that badmouth anything NON JAPANESE. For example I was apart of an group on Facebook called "ANIME" and there was this guy there named Akemi Makoto who claims that he lives in Otaru japan, hates America and moved to Japan to get away from it, he says he's 21 and think that Japan is a far more superior country than America and think that American comics like Marvel and DC and etc.. are garbage and for children and American cartoons are atrocious, have no depth and that Companies such as Disney, Dreamworks, Ardman, Pixar,, etch...put no effort into their work and if you draw in anime style you shouldn't even bother calling it anime because you are not japanese and therefore can't draw anime and it is not a style anime is from Japan only and if you disagree with him you are automatically a c@nt, ignorant and a fool , and a 4chan f@ggot to him . But he isnt the only one he's just an example... there are countless other like this that I've encountered on the internet and it sadness me that some people like this are even in the same fandom as me. And he claims he's so popular and is charge of some website called the lolicon defense force but he hates pedophilia..even though he finds drawn forms of little girls as sexy, attractive and wants to have sex with them .. now i'm not gonna get into lolicon but ...back to the point. people like this give The Anime fandom a bad name from an outside point of view and sometimes it makes me just feel so mad that they like the same thing I do which therefore makes me look bad >B(...

rant. done.

extra..: That Akemi person got mad at me when I posted some artwork of my own anime inspired style on that facebook group and he called it trash , I have no business drawing and that i shouldnt be drawing and I shouldn't call it "Anime" because I'm not Japanese and then he proceeded to say I'm a "N@gger" and more rants about how my style is too cartoony and how cartoons are "a pile of sh@t"

this was the picture he got butt hurt over that I drew. and I owned up to the fact that my digital artwork on a tablet is indeed not very good because I only just recently started to use it at the time of creating this. and It was a self protiat of myself.. He didnt say anything about my actual hand drawn work.. just my 1st attempt at using a tablet..
Posted Image

This post has been edited by BreBre716: 23 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 85%

#162 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

I've heard of some people who get offended by people who buy there cosplays rather than make them by hand.

Now I truly admire people who can make them or put them together themselves, but I simply don't have the time.
I shamelessly browse the internet, dreaming of the day I can finally return to lovely Chicago and cosplay to my heart's content :)
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#163 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Brebre: thats a very nice piece you have esspecially for your first time with a tablet. i really need to crack mine open and start using it lol though im getting more into using ink markers right now:) dont let that jerk get to you its definitely a great start and id love to see your other work.

steam_loli: i certainly hope i never have to meet those people. I draw, thats my art and what im good at. i dont make clothes lol i dont think id be good at it. but i love to cosplay therefore i buy my outfits. i think anyone who can make their outfit is talented and its awesome. but no one should criticize another for buying their outfit.

#164 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostSteam_Loli216, on 23 April 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

I've heard of some people who get offended by people who buy there cosplays rather than make them by hand.

Now I truly admire people who can make them or put them together themselves, but I simply don't have the time.
I shamelessly browse the internet, dreaming of the day I can finally return to lovely Chicago and cosplay to my heart's content :)

I hate people who think like this. I remember I asked about some information from a forum site and they kept asking me over and over again, even after I answered it, why can't I make it on my own. I told them why and they said that anyone can sew and that I was too lazy.

Hmmmmmmkay.

@BreBre: I can't stand the weebs but I also can't stand the people who hate anything that's anime/japanese/etc. unless it's American/rap/country/or movie stars.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#165 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostDarkspawn, on 03 April 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Oh my gosh, I forgot. Funny thing happened at Acen last year. I had just returned home from a semester in Beijing, where I was in the language immersion program. Not to mention, most Chinese people either couldn't - or were very shy about - speaking English. So I spoke a whole lotta Chinese, and making the switch back to full time English confused my stupid brain. I kept thanking people in Mandarin...ugh. Anyway, I was looking at this plush in the vendor's room, and said, "oh, ke ai (roughly pronounced kuh-ai)! That's how you say cute in Mandarin. Well, this girl nearby thought I was attempting to say "kawaii," snorted, and said "wow, your pronunciation is bad."

I just stared at her and said... "It's Chinese."

She just snorted again and rolled her eyes while she walked away.

Major facepalm.

Ha, what a jerk. I can't believe someone would even think of correcting you while making a passing comment to yourself. Even if that was what you were trying to say, she should have kept her snide comments to herself.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#166 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Firstly really sad about the drawing, secondly, that is just rude of that girl in the dealers area. What drives me up a wall is when people mix words that they don't know into a sentence. One girl I know actually uses the phrase Doki Doki, when she talks about love. Is it really hard to say, "I like that guy." instead of "I Doki doki him."
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#167 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Lol. I've been taking Japanese for a year now and I've become one of those people. I cant string together a lot of whole sentences but I do say japanese words during normal conversation like answering with hai or saying sumimasen instead of excuse me or sorry. Totally say kawaii and sou desu too. It just sort of happens... The class has been dominating my life.

This post has been edited by i_like_kyos: 08 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#168 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Dear god,
i remember this girl from con who ran into and ripped the bottom of my cape from my Whitey Bay outfit.

I confronted her about it, and she simply didn't give a flyingeff about it.
Seriously.
WTF.

#169 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 07 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Dear god,
i remember this girl from con who ran into and ripped the bottom of my cape from my Whitey Bay outfit.

Seriously.
WTF.

I would have gave an accidental uppercut. Not even a sorry?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#170 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

View Posti_like_kyos, on 07 May 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Lol. I've been taking Japanese for a year now and I've become one of those people. I string together a lot of whole sentences but I do say japanese words during normal conversation like answering with hai or saying sumimasen instead of excuse me or sorry. Totally say kawaii and sou desu too. It just sort of happens... The class has been dominating my life.

Pretty much this. I have been studying Japanese since a freshman in high school and even went out to buy a beginning Kanji book (as well as a dictionary,) and still study Japanese/Russian to this day. So people call me a weeb when I call people 'san,' by accident or say to friends 'Ja ne, Ja matta, etc.

I explained to a fan who insisted on calling me such things what a weeb was and where it came from (and even gave citations!) but he had it in his head that a weeb was anyone who rp'ed japanese characters and typed in the japanese language without being japanese and apparently went on Gaia online.

O-kay.

Also that person in the dealer room? Elist Weeb. She probably didn't know Japanese that well herself.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#171 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 07 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Dear god,

Seriously.
WTF.

Okay No, that is not cool. I don't care if it's a mistake or not, you do not rip someone's costume and then not say "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do it." She should have at least either offered some sort of compensation, or, if she couldnt do that, maybe offer you lunch or something for the actions. How dare she! Seriously!
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#172 User is offline   Nancy8 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62452

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I forgive all of those who weren't kind to me. :)

This post has been edited by Nancy8: 22 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

#173 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

People who can't take any sort of critisism on their favorite anime/video game/comic, etc or becomes offended when you mention you don't like (insert blank) annoyes the crap outta me. Sure, I love things you might not, and I'd love to hear a well balanced argument agaisnt that but to just say "Your just stupid, ignorant, (insert blanks)" or "if you don't like it, just shut up." I hate those people.

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 02 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#174 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 02 June 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

People who can't take any sort of critisism on their favorite anime/video game/comic, etc or becomes offended when you mention you don't like (insert blank) annoyes the crap outta me. Sure, I love things you might not, and I'd love to hear a well balanced argument agaisnt that but to just say "Your just stupid, ignorant, (insert blanks)" or "if you don't like it, just shut up." I hate those people.

On the same note, I hate when people say that they hate X character in anime/video game/comic, etc. but they love Y character because it goes along with their pairing or sexual fantasy. Or how they bash one character or series to pimp up another character or series.

Example: Before the Eva movies I HATED ASUKA. I disliked everyone but Kaworu in the series. Now if I mention anything about her being tsundere people jump down my throat, because of being Asuka/Shinji shippers. Mind you I don't care who he ends up with, but oh boy if I mention Kaworu/Shinji, they call me a fujoshi and a weeb.

Or the big debate with a Raito/Light Yagami.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#175 User is offline   Noiz 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62511

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

I had this one friend. Like a couple years ago, she found out that I started to cosplay. Once, she laughed telling me that I can't cosplay since I'm short (I was like 5.0 back then) and she told me that I would suck at it. Seriously, she even told me I can't even cosplay as Ed Elric and I can't cosplay as guys because I'm a girl with a chest bigger than men. It gets worse. She's kinda of a creepy weeaboo... Telling me to sit like an anime character (you know, sitting on their legs or doing like one of those yoga poses) and telling me to speak in Japanese. When I said I didn't want to speak in Japanese, she told me that I'm not a real anime fan if I don't speak in Japanese. I ended our friendship right after.
┈━═☆ αcεи 2 0 1 4 ☆═━┈
Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]
Okita Souji [Hakuouki] My backup cosplay if anything happens.

┈━═☆ Future Cosplays ☆═━┈
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman Reborn!]
Hiccup [How to Train Your Dragon 2]

#176 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostNoiz, on 07 July 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I had this one friend. Like a couple years ago, she found out that I started to cosplay. Once, she laughed telling me that I can't cosplay since I'm short (I was like 5.0 back then) and she told me that I would suck at it. Seriously, she even told me I can't even cosplay as Ed Elric and I can't cosplay as guys because I'm a girl with a chest bigger than men. It gets worse. She's kinda of a creepy weeaboo... Telling me to sit like an anime character (you know, sitting on their legs or doing like one of those yoga poses) and telling me to speak in Japanese. When I said I didn't want to speak in Japanese, she told me that I'm not a real anime fan if I don't speak in Japanese. I ended our friendship right after.

Good. She deserved it. I've been an anime fan longer than many people on this board have been alive (if you count Battle of the Planets as anime despite being hacked-up Gatchaman, then I started watching in 1978), and I speak very little Japanese.

I say, as long as you bathe regularly, realize there are physical limits to what you can do, and don't overly push the bounds of taste (i.e. don't go walking around in swastikas and expect no one to be offended)--cosplay all you like. My tastes run towards Jigen and Gendo because they're closest to my own looks, but I did, er, "drag" myself to ACen 2009.

Anime is a hobby. A fun one. What I can't stand are people who make it their life. I'm an otaku, I admit it, and there's nowhere in my house you can look without realizing that. But I do have a life outside of watching anime and reading manga. I don't think I've been in an anime viewing room at ACen since 2004. I go for the fun of the con and the people that are there (plus all the kewl stuff to buy).

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Total dinosaur"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#177 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostNoiz, on 07 July 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

God I'm glad you ended that friendship.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#178 User is offline   Noiz 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 62511

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on 08 July 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Good. She deserved it. I've been an anime fan longer than many people on this board have been alive (if you count Battle of the Planets as anime despite being hacked-up Gatchaman, then I started watching in 1978), and I speak very little Japanese.

I say, as long as you bathe regularly, realize there are physical limits to what you can do, and don't overly push the bounds of taste (i.e. don't go walking around in swastikas and expect no one to be offended)--cosplay all you like. My tastes run towards Jigen and Gendo because they're closest to my own looks, but I did, er, "drag" myself to ACen 2009.

Anime is a hobby. A fun one. What I can't stand are people who make it their life. I'm an otaku, I admit it, and there's nowhere in my house you can look without realizing that. But I do have a life outside of watching anime and reading manga. I don't think I've been in an anime viewing room at ACen since 2004. I go for the fun of the con and the people that are there (plus all the kewl stuff to buy).

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Total dinosaur"

I feel like this is something she doesn't get about cosplayers. She is one of those people who thinks what ever they say is right. Which is the kind I hate. I also started to learn Japanese from school 3 years ago and I love it! It's all right if your an otaku. I respect that (everyone is a otaku once in their lives. I was for like 3 years actually XD)

This post has been edited by Noiz: 08 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

┈━═☆ αcεи 2 0 1 4 ☆═━┈
Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]
Okita Souji [Hakuouki] My backup cosplay if anything happens.

┈━═☆ Future Cosplays ☆═━┈
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman Reborn!]
Hiccup [How to Train Your Dragon 2]

#179 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

I really hate the dub v. sub drama. Now this debate had some merit back in the days of VHS. Back then the tape would only have one version on it. But now in the days of DVDs, Blu-Rays, and online streaming, it's not necessary. Both versions are easily available.

Usually I prefer dubs, the exception being when the dub is poorly done. But hey, if I come across someone who prefers the sub I don't mind, it doesn't effect me. I only start caring if the person gets really nasty about it.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)

#180 User is offline   Hantsuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62601

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I think it's funny when people who only have anime knowledge of Japanese correct people who genuinely want to learn the language (as in taking classes or self-learning because they want to be able to hold a conversation in Japanese with another person). The former are usually people who say Japanese terms they learn from watching anime or reading manga just so they can claim, "Yes! I can speak Japanese! That makes me a true otaku!"

What's even funnier is that most Japanese don't even care that Americans are butchering their language because they do the same thing to English.

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users