Anime Central Forums: Rude anime fans - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude anime fans The ones you can't stand....

#121 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 17 August 2011 - 12:40 PM, said:

There's two people on youtube that I hate the most.

ProudBornToBeAsian and TheJosephShow.

Proud is the biggest troll I've ever seen! He has a million videos on several different accounts that say only pure Asians can cosplay because they have the cutesy frame and face for it. He only shows AMAZING Asian cosplay (mostly Kipi) and some of the worse Western cosplay, but there is horrible Asian cosplay and amazing Western cosplay.

Joseph is just a giant lawyer. I'm sorry for saying that, but he is. The video starts out by him saying, "If you like anime THEN screw YOU!" Really? I mean seriously, if you're getting hate and rude comments from some arrogant anime fans, just ignore it and act maturely about it if you're going to reply. Don't attack the whole society of fans for a HOBBY. Though his points were kinda true and clear, I felt terrible about it. You don't see me running around with an airhorn and shouting at Twilight fans how retarded it is even though I don't like it. I discuss with my friends calmly why I don't like it, because I have this thing called self-control that these two don't have.

You go on /cgl/ don't you? You seen KabukiMouse and Hypno? Those two are a piece of work. Kabuki states that only younger people should cosplay, especially asians, and Hypno hates anything Hetalia and will rag on you/troll if you defend it. I seen them get into arguements a lot of times.

There are more trip names who are really....silly, arrogant, or just plan rude but I can't think of any off the bat. Only those two guys.

If you see Pancakes that's not me anymore. Apparently someone took my name tag and trolled like an idiot Tofu delivery or June that's me. I mostly post good things. I'm trying to make a Taobao guide for cosplayers and egl people who are into that thing, (well once I get my laptop back.)

Actually all of /cgl/ is consisted of rude fans and disfanservice. Frankly if you go on /cgl/ that's an example of what not to be in real life or at all.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 30 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#122 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Proud is the biggest troll I've ever seen! He has a million videos on several different accounts that say only pure Asians can cosplay because they have the cutesy frame and face for it. He only shows AMAZING Asian cosplay (mostly Kipi) and some of the worse Western cosplay, but there is horrible Asian cosplay and amazing Western cosplay.

This "Proud" guy has obviously never seen my Ryuk cosplay then..... :P
not to be a braggart or anything, but some characters just weren't meant for Asians to cosplay. Not to sound racist either...
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#123 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60877

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

There were these girls dressed as people from K-on and I honestly said I saw it but I didn't get into it, apparently that pissed them off and chased me 5-6 blocks, then clawed at me.
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#124 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 17 August 2011 - 08:31 PM, said:

This "Proud" guy has obviously never seen my Ryuk cosplay then..... :P
not to be a braggart or anything, but some characters just weren't meant for Asians to cosplay. Not to sound racist either...

Agreed, but it really shouldn't matter your race, size, weight or anything if you want to cosplay. Some of the best cosplays I have seen are by people who are not the same skin color of the character...but you know it's them because they pulled it off so well and you can see how passionate they were about that character. :)

Some people take cosplay to an unhealthy level as in thinking only Asians can do it and getting SO PICKY about little details that are missing. It's about the fun. Yeah it's really great to see a near perfect cosplay, and some people just maybe have the features of the character naturally...but you can't diss someone if they don't or not--they're using what they have and what they were born with...and no one should be punished for that.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#125 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 18 August 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

Agreed, but it really shouldn't matter your race, size, weight or anything if you want to cosplay. Some of the best cosplays I have seen are by people who are not the same skin color of the character...but you know it's them because they pulled it off so well and you can see how passionate they were about that character. :)

Some people take cosplay to an unhealthy level as in thinking only Asians can do it and getting SO PICKY about little details that are missing. It's about the fun. Yeah it's really great to see a near perfect cosplay, and some people just maybe have the features of the character naturally...but you can't diss someone if they don't or not--they're using what they have and what they were born with...and no one should be punished for that.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It should be pointed out at this year's World Cosplay Summit held in Japan. The winning group was from Brazil. It doesn't matter where you're from or what color your skin is. If you make a kick butt cosplay and have fun with it. People will notice. For me, I know I don't have the time or money to spend on cosplay that some professionals do but that doesn't stop me. It may not be 100% correct but I don't care. It's for my enjoyment. Not anyone elses. If other people love it then that's great and it makes me happy.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#126 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

View Postmagishine, on 18 August 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It should be pointed out at this year's World Cosplay Summit held in Japan. The winning group was from Brazil. It doesn't matter where you're from or what color your skin is. If you make a kick butt cosplay and have fun with it. People will notice. For me, I know I don't have the time or money to spend on cosplay that some professionals do but that doesn't stop me. It may not be 100% correct but I don't care. It's for my enjoyment. Not anyone elses. If other people love it then that's great and it makes me happy.

Yeah, and that's why I don't get mad if there's like a billion Narutos or L's or whatever. if they like that character, then it's cool with me. And it really does make their day if you say hi to them or even compliment them on their cosplay even if it's not 100 "perfect." It might be perfect to them, and that's what counts. People that are what are called "elitists" need to calm down and stop being so picky, and see how it feels to have their cosplay put down.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#127 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Yeah. People that are snobbish about cosplayers just suck. They make it look bad by being that way. Which is why next year I'm gonna wear a sheet with holes in it and pretend I'm a ghost....Most epic cosplay ever
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#128 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 18 August 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

I wish everyone thought like this!

I think the reason why people act the way they do online is because of:

The power of the anon factor. They feel that since they will never met the person in real life and nobody knows who they are they can say whatever they want. Even though they don't take into consideration about backsearching and hacking. It's really easy to figure out who is someone that goes under 'anon,' if they post in other places like tumblr or facebook.

The thrill of speaking their mind when they couldn't do so in real life.

I always cosplay just about anyone, not letting my height or my race hold me back. When it comes down to it it's about you having fun and not causing other's fun to be brought down.

I try to keep this in mind all the time.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#129 User is offline   The Forumcat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58542

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

ProudAsian never made sense to me... so what if somehow Asians look like the drawings (I honestly don't see it, but whatever)?
That doesn't make Ciel Phantomhive not English, Victorique not French, or L not some odd Euro-mutt, and Asians definitely don't look like any of those.

Plus, cosplay is FUN~! I don't care that I'm not a teenage Japanese boy with a gender issue and weird superpowers; I'm cosplaying the Mockingbird, and I'm going to be AWESOME! I'm not going to complain when I see someone of "incorrect" descent cosplaying characters, because if they want to be French or Japanese or Klingon for a day, that's their decision.

I do have to say, though, that I have issues with some casual cosplays, if the cosplay is out of character or really anachronistic, because then it stops being so much "I'm portraying this character" and starts being "I'm making this character portray me" but if I see one, I'll just ignore it, since there's no reason to say anything, as long as the cosplayer isn't trying to make me concede their superiority or hurting anything with their costume.

For now, I'm happy as long as they're Earthlings, because if they aren't, then we have a bigger problem than people portraying characters "incorrectly".

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#130 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 19 August 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

I wish everyone thought like this!

I think the reason why people act the way they do online is because of:

The power of the anon factor. They feel that since they will never met the person in real life and nobody knows who they are they can say whatever they want. Even though they don't take into consideration about backsearching and hacking. It's really easy to figure out who is someone that goes under 'anon,' if they post in other places like tumblr or facebook.

The thrill of speaking their mind when they couldn't do so in real life.

I always cosplay just about anyone, not letting my height or my race hold me back. When it comes down to it it's about you having fun and not causing other's fun to be brought down.

I try to keep this in mind all the time.

I agree totally!! People think it is okay to make fun of someone because they don't know who is behind the computer screen, and they think they most likely won't ever meet that person in real life and the person would never know who dissed them...but it's a small world. *starts singing* it's a small world after alllllllll...

I actually think that people that cosplay characters that DON'T have their same body frame are just as cool as the near perfect ones...because first of all it shows they also love that character but it also just looks awesome! I would love to crossplay a super huge anime guy one day or something...or a mecha character and because I don't fit the body frame, I think it'd still be cool. It makes the cosplay different and it just looks fun! ^_^ It's hard to explain but I think it's so cool when people don't care about their body frame or what they look like when they cosplay. ^_^

#131 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

Cosplay is meant to be fun! If it was meant to be serious and competitive like a job (as some people believe it to be), some sort of diploma or certificate would be required. And that would stink. Seriously.
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#132 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

^ You have a point. I wish even the people go professional with cosplay wouldn't be so competitive. Cosplay is in a way like a sport, because you need to be dedicated and have a passion for it, but it's not a competition. The whole point is the have fun for the reasons you want to. I admit some cosplays get me mad (especially about wigs) but I don't hurt their feelings. If a wig gets damaged and the cosplayer is unable to wear it to the con then I understand. Some people go last minute too. My aunt finished (well, she still has some tweaking to do) my Haruhi cosplay minutes before I left for ACen. :P
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#133 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

I am guessing that the rude fans in terms of cosplay come from the sense of competition, since there are cosplay contests, and insecurities. Some people hate losing, and would rather be above, even if its not realistic. If a person dished out a 1k cosplay and the other couldn't, they would say something hurtful to sooth their pride and make themselves better.

On the flipside, if a person did really well on a cosplay and another person doing the same character didn't, but was praised because of looks, etc. creates similar resentment.

Similar online with cgl on 4chan. All that resentment can make anyone join in or feel the same, if there is a sign of weakness. PT or PixyTeri(?) is an example and why I don't post images online

But that's just a thought. Thank god I don't do this. I mostly go on /y/

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 22 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#134 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 August 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

I am guessing that the rude fans in terms of cosplay come from the sense of competition, since there are cosplay contests, and insecurities. Some people hate losing, and would rather be above, even if its not realistic. If a person dished out a 1k cosplay and the other couldn't, they would say something hurtful to sooth their pride and make themselves better.

On the flipside, if a person did really well on a cosplay and another person doing the same character didn't, but was praised because of looks, etc. creates similar resentment.

Similar online with cgl on 4chan. All that resentment can make anyone join in or feel the same, if there is a sign of weakness. PT or PixyTeri(?) is an example and why I don't post images online

But that's just a thought. Thank god I don't do this. I mostly go on /y/

^ Very true on that. I also sense that resentment and jealously plays a role in it...and it's wrong to do so. But Fujoshi you are right...you won't get made fun of if you don't post things online...but if you want to post your cosplays, at least DON'T do it on 4chan or something where trolls are just EVERYWHERE. For the entire time I've been on cosplay.com (about a year) I personally have not seen anyone bash or insult someone's cosplay via comments. When it comes to cosplay, if you can't say anything nice or constructive criticism (when asked for or wanted) don't say anything at all.

#135 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

4chan. the internet hate machine
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#136 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 22 August 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

^ Very true on that. I also sense that resentment and jealously plays a role in it...and it's wrong to do so. But Fujoshi you are right...you won't get made fun of if you don't post things online...but if you want to post your cosplays, at least DON'T do it on 4chan or something where trolls are just EVERYWHERE. For the entire time I've been on cosplay.com (about a year) I personally have not seen anyone bash or insult someone's cosplay via comments. When it comes to cosplay, if you can't say anything nice or constructive criticism (when asked for or wanted) don't say anything at all.

To add onto this, the girl I mentioned PT, is really popular on /cgl/. Everything is known about her, from where she works at, her address and phone number, down to her family members and measurements! It's scary because I found out this on the dramatica 4chan version of wiki along with one thread on /cgl!/

And the reason why /cgl/ talks about her and trolls her so? Because she's a chubby cosplayer who wears 'suppose ill fitting outfits,' posted sexual images(?), and 'ruins whatever fandom she cosplays in general,' and has the nerve not to change or listen to trolls at all!

She has a facebook, a DA where she posts cosplay pictures, and a LJ. Sure she's quirky and a bit odd but it doesn't give a reason to dedicate your life to troll the poor woman in some sort of 'justice right,' mentality. I just don't understand why do all that effort against someone? Doesn't a person feels bad about doing all of that later? Or are they really shallow in terms of cosplaying?

This is why I stay away from /cgl/, especially those threads that make me feel lesser of being a human being just by looking at them, and I don't post cosplay images on things like tumblr or facebook.

I do post information on /cgl/ that's cosplay related and found ways to wash my Miku wig, so I guess you have to take what you can from it.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 23 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#137 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I think it really comes down to what and how your personally want to show your pictures online...sadly there will always be that one person that is rude or trolls you, but if you want to avoid it either don't post pictures at all or on a site that you know you won't get trolled....i.e put your photos PRIVATE on facebook or on cosplay sites if it's cosplay. If it's just your friends on facebook (well mine at least) won't troll you--but again I only add people that I know IN PERSON and have actually met, except for 2...and they're here on the forums.

#138 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yeah I do the same. I don't like adding people to my Facebook or other social media things unless I know them because then they might say things that aren't very nice or stalk me (it has happened). I only have one person on my Facebook that I haven't met.....yet (take a guess)
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#139 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

View Postmagishine, on 23 August 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

Yeah I do the same. I don't like adding people to my Facebook or other social media things unless I know them because then they might say things that aren't very nice or stalk me (it has happened). I only have one person on my Facebook that I haven't met.....yet (take a guess)

i can relate to this too. The only times I've added a person I hadn't met in person were (1) when i found out my friend Jonathan was engaged, so i added his fiance (who is super nice) and when i met a Grell cosplayer on the ACEN FB page, and she wanted some wig tips, etc.
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)

#140 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yeah a lot of people don't know the private function or they post on DA as well.

All you can do is ignore the haters, trolls and flamers and move on.

I think the only reason why I don't have a FB is due to too many other things on my plate, (I have DA, ff.net, LJ, and two other fourms I go to,)and I couldn't maintain it properly.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#141 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Joseph is just a giant lawyer. I'm sorry for saying that, but he is. The video starts out by him saying, "If you like anime THEN screw YOU!" Really? I mean seriously, if you're getting hate and rude comments from some arrogant anime fans, just ignore it and act maturely about it if you're going to reply. Don't attack the whole society of fans for a HOBBY. Though his points were kinda true and clear, I felt terrible about it. You don't see me running around with an airhorn and shouting at Twilight fans how retarded it is even though I don't like it. I discuss with my friends calmly why I don't like it, because I have this thing called self-control that these two don't have.

Giant lawyer? Or liar?

EDIT: Ooh, OOH! I have a GREAT rude anime fans story! So, I'm a pre-law student, right? During the school year, I practically blockade myself in my room. I do this because I want to be a child advocate. I can prosecute child abusers, help determine custody cases (if I'm a mediator), and handle adoptions so I can personally make sure that no kids go to bad homes.

Now there's this anime forum, and if you write out the word A S S H O L E, instead of butthole, you get the word "lawyer!"

Seriously, I have a good sense of humor, but I don't see how this is funny when the mods freak out if you use the word "neckbeard."

tl;dr - Stereotyping isn't only bad when it's against cosplayers. :/

This post has been edited by Krystal: 24 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#142 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

I had a person who insisted that I was cosplaying as a different character, even after I told her who I was cosplaying as recently. She didn't want to take my word for it that I knew who I was dressed as :/

#143 User is offline   freakishdarling 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61208

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

A friend of mine is a hard core anime elitist, we gotten into several incredibly pointless arguments because of said fact lol.

Examples of some of our ridiculous fights:
- How to pronounce the anime Fooly Cooly. I called it either one of the names, FLCL, Fooly Cooly, Furi Kuri, but apparently according to my friend it must only be pronounced as Furi Kuri and " If I asked a true anime fan about FLCL they'd laugh at me because everyone knows it's only pronounced Furi Kuri."
- I bought my cosplay off eBay which is an atrocity because according to him the entire point of cosplaying is making your own costume. I was under the impression it's just dressing up as a character you appreciate?
- I watch dubbed more then subbed, I won't rule out an anime because it's subbed I just feel like by reading everything I don't absorb it the same way I do when it's in spoken english. I won't even get into how many times I was called a fake fan because of that by multiple people lol.

#144 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

View Postfreakishdarling, on 01 March 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

A friend of mine is a hard core anime elitist, we gotten into several incredibly pointless arguments because of said fact lol.

Examples of some of our ridiculous fights:
- How to pronounce the anime Fooly Cooly. I called it either one of the names, FLCL, Fooly Cooly, Furi Kuri, but apparently according to my friend it must only be pronounced as Furi Kuri and " If I asked a true anime fan about FLCL they'd laugh at me because everyone knows it's only pronounced Furi Kuri."
- I bought my cosplay off eBay which is an atrocity because according to him the entire point of cosplaying is making your own costume. I was under the impression it's just dressing up as a character you appreciate?
- I watch dubbed more then subbed, I won't rule out an anime because it's subbed I just feel like by reading everything I don't absorb it the same way I do when it's in spoken english. I won't even get into how many times I was called a fake fan because of that by multiple people lol.

ahem sorry if i rant a little:
1- the anime is spelled FLCL you are correct in thinking its fooly cooly. others can infact say it the other way but i think its only refered to as furi kuri because the japanese language doesnt really use the L sound as in La La ( gundam nerd moment just now XD lol) just like how Light is said Raito.

2- Building your own cosplay is in fact an extra perk. you dont HAVE to make it. some people like myself dont have sewing skills and need to buy their costumes.

3- its your preference whether you want subbed or dubbed. i enjoy both and i bet you any money he started with a dubbed anime just like the majority of us first have.

you arent a fake and if anything "elitist" anime fans are more so the fakes than anything. they believe theyre superior than anyone of us. and in the end isnt that what we were supposed to prevent? the whole reason a nerd community would come together? to bask in the equality of all being nerds? but no-.- sadly theres the few who think they know all and must be better. There was this one guy i know who was REALLY like that and he wasnt my friend. he pryed in on everything every body did especially when it came to drawing. he had to critique everyones drawings no matter what. when in all honesty his pieces weren't even that great anyway.

#145 User is offline   anthony886 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61303

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

i recently had an experience like this when i finished watching clannad. me my girlfriend and her friend where hanging out and i just finished watching the end of afterstory a few hours before. i told them it was a great show and suggested they watch it then after a while of sitting around bored i ended up playing the first episode for them to watch. about 10 minutes in my girlfriend grabbed the laptop and went on facebook, while her friend pulled out his phone(most likely also for facebook) and i asked them 9mainly my gf cuz she litterally had to go out of her way to get the laptop and go on facebook) why they stopped paying attention to the show. they both begain to make fun of me for watching such a boring/girly anime, and then they started bashing the school life anime genere in general (ive never seen azu manga daio but it seems like school life to me and my girlfriend loves it) after that i told them they should give it a chance and they said they would never watch it cuz it looks lame.

in my opinion clannad was a great anime some hilarious scenes, a good plot,
Spoiler

basically i dont understand why they would hate on it so hard after only watching 10 minutes of the show, lmao i mean come on like 3 minutes of that 10 was the opening song. lol

This post has been edited by anthony886: 28 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

2013 Soul Eater (from Soul Eater)

~~~~~past cosplay~~~~~~
2010 Soul Reaper Ichigo
2011 Bankai/Vizard Ichigo
2012 Kazakage Gaara

#146 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

LOL wow there are some anime i dont particularly like. not to say that i would hate or bash anyone who liked them, there are anime i like that i know people dont. but at least i give an anime an episode or 2 before i decide its not for me. i never saw clannad though its on my netflix so i may end up watching it lol. and if its slice of life highschool anime then i dont see why they would bash on that and yet like azumanga daioh ( which i found hilarious LOL Sakaki is too cute XD )

#147 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

One of the rudest things I've ever encountered was actually back a few years ago. It had to do with my wonderful mother. A few years back, she was going through cancer treatments and was wheelchair bound. However, we have never missed an ACen. It's like a family tradition for us. So, she and I went to ACen that year as Saras and Integra from Hellsing( as there was an episode where Integra was in a wheelchair). Chemo also had taken all of mom's hair at that point. She was not comfortable in a wig tho and chose instead of wear scarves to hide her baldness.

While waiting for the elevator, a person came up to us and said something to the tune of "aren't you a bit old to be cosplaying". (My mother turns 59 this year, she was 56 at that time.) And then got really defensive about "Integra has blond hair ><." I suppose it was just an affront that an older lady would dare cosplay that person's favorite character. And even more shameful that she go around wigless and basically bald under a pretty head scarf. My mom laughed it off and we had the time of our lives anyway, but I still thought it was a terrible thing to say to someone.

It should matter how old you are. I'm 30 this year and I'll cosplay until I'm ancient!! And also, think before making a comment. There might be a very good reason why something is the way it is.
2014 ---
Sandshrew - Pokemon
Mink - DMMD
Reborn - KHR

#148 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostOtakuAngelD, on 28 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

One of the rudest things I've ever encountered was actually back a few years ago. It had to do with my wonderful mother. A few years back, she was going through cancer treatments and was wheelchair bound. However, we have never missed an ACen. It's like a family tradition for us. So, she and I went to ACen that year as Saras and Integra from Hellsing( as there was an episode where Integra was in a wheelchair). Chemo also had taken all of mom's hair at that point. She was not comfortable in a wig tho and chose instead of wear scarves to hide her baldness.

While waiting for the elevator, a person came up to us and said something to the tune of "aren't you a bit old to be cosplaying". (My mother turns 59 this year, she was 56 at that time.) And then got really defensive about "Integra has blond hair ><." I suppose it was just an affront that an older lady would dare cosplay that person's favorite character. And even more shameful that she go around wigless and basically bald under a pretty head scarf. My mom laughed it off and we had the time of our lives anyway, but I still thought it was a terrible thing to say to someone.

It should matter how old you are. I'm 30 this year and I'll cosplay until I'm ancient!! And also, think before making a comment. There might be a very good reason why something is the way it is.

Human beings can be exceedingly cruel. I'm sorry that someone was so rude to your mother. The unmitigated gall that it takes to insult one's elders is revolting to me (I'm not calling your mom old, but I am assuming that the person who said this to her was younger than your mom [in light of the person's comment concerning your mother's age, I feel like this is a safe assumption]).

It seems like young people these days are more arrogant and ignorant than ever (even though you said that this happened a few years ago, that still counts as "these days" in my book).
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#149 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostOtakuAngelD, on 28 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Ill certainly apologize for the rudeness of that person. my mother went through chemo and is a cancer survivor so i know what thats like. i certianly hate that people think theres an age limit on cosplaying. i started when i was 14 and will go on till i chose to stop! im glad you and your mother were able to enjoy cosplaying together and have a wonderful time at the con. Im also sure your mom made a wonderful Integra which is an awesome choice. it really was rude for someone to speak out like that and id be fuming if anyone tried saying that infront of me.

#150 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not rude persay, but more annoying...

People who think they can speak Japanese. T_T It breaks my heart to see someone say "Oh, that's so kawaii desuuu desu desu" in an atrocious accent. Not that saying it like a native would make it any better, though. At this point, I just want to stab pencils into my ears.
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users