Anime Central Forums: Rude anime fans - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude anime fans The ones you can't stand....

#1 User is offline   Miyu-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 23002

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

So, don't we all hate the encounters with the anime fans that make you ashamed to be an anime fan? I know I've had this plenty of times, so let's tell the most recent story.

A few weeks ago, My brother, our friend Dustin, and I all took a trip to the mall to be geeks. One of the stores we went to was FYE so we could see what anime they had. While we were back there checking out all the DVD's, some 25-looking year old man wandered back to look at the anime as well. I was talking to Dustin, and I said something along the lines of, "I wish anime wasnt so expensive, I can almost never afford it!" And this guy responds, "Well, why don't you get a job?"
My general reaction was just to raise an eyebrow, and I almost said, "Well, that could be because I'm 15 and as hard as I try to find a job, I'm too young."
That itself wasn't so bad. But Dustin is a huge Bleach fan. At one point, he made the comment, "If I were a millionare, I'd buy the entire Bleach series. :3." I laughed, but the guy looked at us.
"Even the filler episodes?"
My friends Dustin gave him a puzzled look and responded with, "Yeah...it's still Bleach..." and UNDER HIS BREATH this guy responds with,
"...Just go kill yourself..."
He left a few minutes afterward, but Dustin was STEAMED. I couldn't believe that anyone would have the nerve to say that!

So, what are your stories of the obnoxious, rude, or downright creepy anime fans you've met? Feel free to share the rage here.
Cosplay plans for ACen 2014:

????????

#2 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Omg that is so effin rude! If he was older than you guys, I would have so reported him to the store manager. That's harassment right there.

When I was in highschool, I would always go to the local Borders to check out Manga. I was browsing around until this yaoi fan girl sprinted in. She began to tear apart the plastic wrappings off of all the Adult Content manga and was showing it off to younger kids. An employee came across her and asked her politely to stop ripping the plastic wrapping. She responded with"It's a free Country." The employee looked at me as if I were with her. DX I was like "Ummm....I don't know her <.<;;;;" and I slowly walked away, leaving the store. Fans such as the one I listed make other fans seem like rabid animals.
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#3 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

:lol: My favorite part of that story was when the yaoi fangirl "sprinted" in. Makes for vivid mental pictures.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#4 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on 06 May 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

:lol: My favorite part of that story was when the yaoi fangirl "sprinted" in. Makes for vivid mental pictures.

Oh why did you point that out! *shudders*

OP, I know it's sort of off topic, but why not get a job in fast food? My husband started working at Wendy's at age 14 and my sister at McDonald's at 15.

But back on topic--- I hate the people that think they have to make it a point to be more knowledgeable than you. I don't mind people that have a story to tell, but when people get in my face and are like "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU EV TRAIN YOUR POKEMON" it's like chill, take a step back. Pokemon is not serious business.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#5 User is offline   AlliedHeather5 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58718

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

OGOSH when people bi7ch about not having alot of cospplays. THE THRIFT STORE IS YOUR FRIEND
Alliedidentitypro my cosplay group ........ this weekend
Alliedidentitypro Deviantart
Alliedidentity vlogs
Alliedidentity Videos
my deviantart
add me on facebook

PROUD CHUBBY COSPLAYER

#6 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

I saw it happen in my head too, like a rabid dog looking for meat *yaoi* lol;

but these are ridiculous but completely believable there is something to be said about a polite anime fan. Not that we are all rude but if you look at a hotel after one you would understand....

I remember seeing people just throwing cups on the grass or leaving a mealbox (doggie bag) wherever they were because they are done with it. I find this pretty rude myself, because the hotel has put up with us using all the towels/blankets/sheets, running around the expensive items drunk...or just carefree attitude. I've seen conventions banned from going back to certain hotels for this reason.
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#7 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

The lame feuds that occur between dub fans and sub fans. We all like different things so we should all just get along. I’ve gotten into many fights with dub fans because I don’t know one voice actor from the next and it’s like… in their eyes it’s impossible for me to not like dubs.
I agree Rukariou. Fans that take great pains to show their knowledge are annyoing. As much as I love a good debate or conversation about a series; when it’s not needed it starts to get ridiculous.
ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Paras Chiyo - Gekkan Shoujo
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] idk possibly Agnes Oblige
[Sunday/Night Time] idk
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#8 User is offline   Makoto Kino 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60034

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Like, honestly....its been my experience that dub v.s sub fan arguments always start out w/the sub people because they are all like "we get the original meaning, we are true to the culture, you are less than us, we are smarter than you for reading the subtitles" Its just like...REALLY.
Being an avid fan of Sailor Moon DUBBED (I can also respect subbed, I really can! No need to kill me over it) I love the name Darien and will undoubtably name my son Darien.

Aside from all that..yeah dub v.s sub fans always seem to start things..
~Cosplaying as Sailor Moon on friday, Yoruichi on Saturday and Sunday~

Look out for me!

#9 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

^ Those fans are rude and most likely aren't very intelligent at all if they have to rub it in people's faces that they watch subtitles :/
Contrariwise, I sometimes feel like the dub fans start everything because they want more support for their side and can't see how us sub fans dislike dubs. Those that I've dealt with are very stubborn and refuse to watch a show unless it's dubbed so they can go in the other room to clean while listening to it [No joke. this argument has been given to me a million times] I often get called uptight because I dislike dubs. But I'm sure not all of them are like that. It sucks when one or two of the other side has to ruin it for the rest of us. I swear us sub fans don't bite ;D We should all just get alongggg
ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Paras Chiyo - Gekkan Shoujo
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] idk possibly Agnes Oblige
[Sunday/Night Time] idk
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#10 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

I would have rolled my eyes and walked away.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#11 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

just Be a smart butt back. Yeah I'm not a fan of bleach but I wont go out of my way to make that point to somebody younger than me. That Guy was trying to be a jerk to see if he could get a rise out of you. At those times It's just best to walk away.
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#12 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

I left my anime club in high school because of these reasons.

By the way, you all watch anime in an inferior manner. There should be no audio on and you need to lip read what everyone says :P
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#13 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Like above, it bugs me when other anime fans feel like it's a competition and are constantly trying to 1 up you in show knowledge. It's really not that big an issue. My worse complaint are the people who are rude to anime fans (or anyone) with mainstream hobbies or like mainstream things in general. For instance, I was hanging around with some friends from an anime club and Twilight somehow came up. I know how most people feel about it so I was like whatever. When they started insulting fans of it, I had to mention how not everyone who likes the books are bad people. I told them I read the first one and, while it wasn't spectacular, it entertained me. They turned around and started coming at my character just because I didn't hate the book. I won't even go into how they acted when I decided to cosplay Soulja Boy. I just find it incredible how the moment some people find out you have "normal" interests or likes, it makes you fair game for insults. You'd think anime fans of all people would be more accepting since some of us do catch flack for like cartoons, but they have been some of the biggest jerks I have ever run into.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#14 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17804

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

View PostTrini, on 06 May 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

I just find it incredible how the moment some people find out you have "normal" interests or likes, it makes you fair game for insults. You'd think anime fans of all people would be more accepting since some of us do catch flack for like cartoons, but they have been some of the biggest jerks I have ever run into.

Unfortunately I myself have been a victim to this kind of discrimination. D: Teaches us that it comes in all shapes and sizes and that nobody is perfect. We're all prejudiced in some way, shape or form.

My college anime club - the entire thing, all of its members - did not like me because I was too "normal." I couldn't understand it. I tried to be as nice as I could be, but it just didn't cut it. It was a little upsetting, although I didn't let it get to me too deeply. Rule number one as we go through life: We can't change other people.
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#15 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ooo, I got a list of things I hate in anime fans just because I find them rude.

-Fans that go off whenever something is licensed, especially any big title, then when it comes out that it's not being released dubbed, on Blu-Ray, in singles or half-sets, etc., people instantly start to go "no ____, no buy" and call for the death of the company because the release wasn't in the way they wanted. I'm always like "Seriously? Because the series is going to be released in two-part subtitled DVD, you're not going to support it?" Oh, and then after it's release, complain about its quality, like being released in an "eco-case". Yeah. That's a legit complaint someone had because a DVD of theirs was released in an eco-case and if they had known that before they "wouldn't have bought it". Oi...

-Narutards, Bleachheads, or whatever nickname you come up with for the fans that love that one popular show and treat it like it's the best thing ever. Okay, yes, the show is good, but it's not the "God of Anime" or whatever that you claim it to be. And then when you try to reason with them or give them your opinion on it, they seriously go off on you as if you killed their dog or something. .__.

-Manga cows. The bookstore is not a library, it's a business. I really don't want to pick up a copy of xxxHolic and find bent pages and coffee prints on it because someone decided they didn't want to buy it (but still wanted to read it anyway). That's just rude and really disgusting.

-This is one my brother suggested, but it's something I detest as well: hating on a series just because it's popular. So, a title's popular...so you going to hate on it, even when you may or may not have even seen the show? What the heck? Before you start hating on it, at least watch an episode or two of it. Don't just start hating on it because it's popular or it's "cool to hate on a popular show" - that's just stupid and lame. =/
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#16 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hmmmm I got a pretty well made list here:

1. When you're at your local store with anime such as FYE, Too Cool, a book store etc. and you pick up a certain anime you like and the guy next to you says, "That series sucks. Here try ____." Well well well... Just kill my self esteem there why dont cha?

2. Similar to the top, but also the guy tells you whats happens towards the end of the series (Basically spoliers for me becasue I havent seen it all) and give his hating comments on why it's no good even after I would ask him kindly to not ruin the show for me, but then he goes, "No no trust me..! It really sucks becasue of, blah blah blah..."

3. Fans who constanly talk about their fave anime with me and then when I talk about something else she would go, "Uh huh. So anyways Code Geass blah blah blah..." ....Well didnt give me a choice there now did ya girly..? >.<

4. When you're watching or reading anime and a fan/friend who already saw or read the one your reading and or watching and just totally say what happens next!!!! Not only that when Im watching and she/he saw the episode already they go, "Oh dude I love this part..! This is when blah blah.." or they also say, "OH OH OH DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!?!" and they start whispering/yelling in your ear, asking you if you saw that and completely being inconsiderate to the other people watching and I would have said, "No Nathan. I decided to put on the show and just stare at the floor. No I didnt see it. Now if you dont mind. You're being very disruptive to my floor watching" >.< ...but i didnt

@Makoto Kino
Exactly!! The sub vs dub thing really bugs me >.< the ones who dub work hard to make good dubs AND they put in subs for the original japanese too if you dont like the english dub! They work hard. Theres no need to be saying vulgar things

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 06 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#17 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

@Ashori: Okay, people who bend/ stain the pages of something they're not going to buy is one thing, but please don't judge everyone who reads in the book store and doesn't buy. My high school was a block away from a Borders, and that happened to also be where the bus I picked up to get to the train station to go home was (I had to take a Pace and the Metra). Sometimes, if I got there and new that the bus wasn't going to be there for a while, I'd go inside and camp out in the manga section and read for a while--especially in the winter. If it was Friday and I had enough left over lunch money to buy something, I would, but that wasn't always the case. Please don't judge all of us because some of us are irresponsible; I understand why it upsets you, but we're not all like that.

What I hate is when people assume that just because you like one of the SJ Big Three, you automatically must be obsessed with it. Yes, I like Bleach. Yes, I had an "OMG Bleach is awesome :zombie:" phase. Ages ago. But it's not one of my favorite anime, by far. <_<
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#18 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

View PostAshori, on 06 May 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

-This is one my brother suggested, but it's something I detest as well: hating on a series just because it's popular. So, a title's popular...so you going to hate on it, even when you may or may not have even seen the show? What the heck? Before you start hating on it, at least watch an episode or two of it. Don't just start hating on it because it's popular or it's "cool to hate on a popular show" - that's just stupid and lame. =/

Do you mean people who will completely avoid a series because it's popular? Because I'm one of those people.

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 06 May 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

4. When you're watching or reading anime and a fan/friend who already saw or read the one your reading and or watching and just totally say what happens next!!!! Not only that when Im watching and she/he saw the episode already they go, "Oh dude I love this part..! This is when blah blah.."

^ AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY!!! When a series is popular, but you come in late watching it (as I usually am because I like to watch older series), the air is positively RIFE with spoilers! Usually if I wait until a few seasons pass or the next big thing is dangling in front of the masses, I can breathe easily and watch without people ruining my fun. Even the spoilers I may have heard will not matter because I will have forgotten them.

So to be fair, not everyone who shuns popular series may be doing it for the same reason.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#19 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Is is rudeness or obsessiveness? Some people just take this hobby way too seriously ;)
~~

#20 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

View Postredx1, on 06 May 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Is is rudeness or obsessiveness? Some people just take this hobby way too seriously ;)

True true. But obsessiveness can only go so far from being rude. I guess it depends how the person acts or REacts, but they still should be aware of other's feelings, thoughts, concerns, comments because its not just about them :3
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#21 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Completely agreed.
~~

#22 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on 06 May 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

I left my anime club in high school because of these reasons.

By the way, you all watch anime in an inferior manner. There should be no audio on and you need to lip read what everyone says :P

That should be some type of new extreme sport! Whoever has the ability to understand mouth-flaps for Japanese words is a serious Anime fan! :thumbup:

#23 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

There are a number of fan-made blogs and podcasts which I no longer follow because I don't agree with their views. Yes, they explain why they have such strong opinions. However, I consider some of their views to be flamebait, time-wasting, or hypocritical. Since these people frequently contribute to Otaku USA magazine, I rarely read the magazine, and I have not yet bought it.

Now as for people I've met in person... I'm a bit concerned about some people I've met in my anime club. One individual seems to talk out of turn quite a bit. Another person photographed the books/videos which had been brought for trading, and stated intentions to torrent all the material.

Finally, when you're at the convention, please show respect for con security staff, as well as the many people who are working to keep the area clean. Make sure to be polite to other fans... especially people who have strollers, and individuals who need to use walking assistance devices.

#24 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 06 May 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

One individual seems to talk out of turn quite a bit.

This reminds me of the person in the crowd of a fan panel that takes over the panel and doesn't even let the panelists do their thing because they have an opinion on EVERYTHING. Enough. We get it. Shut up. Please and thank you.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#25 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

I was talking about an event I did at another con, and another guy said "Oh gosh it was so terrible. It was so expensive to get in, and it was really smelly in the room, and all of the workers were creepy!"

I was confused since

1. Our event was free.
2. It took place in the nices resteraunt at the hotel and
3. Well, besides myself (XD), not ONE of the workers were creepy.

Turns out, the dude didn't even GO to the event, and when I asked why he said this, he blamed it on a nonexistent review.

It was just some old neckbeard who was pissed that the event wasn't a bunch of loli's flashing their pantsu like in his precious animu. :( The world is not an anime, so DON'T get all butthurt at others whenever you rediscover this.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#26 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

This is not as big, but I find this to be hypocritical at times.

But how "weeaboos" are generally scorned by our anime loving subculture tends to make me wonder at times. Usually most of us have gone through crap from other people who don't want to even take time to understand, but it's kinda sad when most anime fans scorn "weeaboos" Kinda doing the same thing the "normal" people are doing. I've always wondered about that ever since I actually found out what a weeaboo was.

And kinda a side point, but not so much rude...but annoying when it gets overly obsessive...but good goodness...why are so many anime girls obsessed over asians in general. I've heard too many stories about asian dudes using this fact to take advantage over fangirls (don't blame em if someone willingly walks into fire.) I understand finding a race attractive, but OBSESSING over them is a different story.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#27 User is offline   xPropaganda 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60119

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostKrystal, on 06 May 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

It was just some old neckbeard who was pissed that the event wasn't a bunch of loli's flashing their pantsu like in his precious animu. :( The world is not an anime, so DON'T get all butthurt at others whenever you rediscover this.

Wait... ACen won't be a bunch of exhibitionists in cosplay outfits? What EVER shall we DO?

People have the most ridiculous expectations anymore... Like people who eat outside at restaurants, then complain about cars making noise and bugs flying around.

OT: My worst experience was a group of 13-16ish year old girls. I was 19 at the time going into Barnes and Noble. They were comparing Alucard from Hellsing with Sparkleskin from Twilight, saying how much more powerful, etc the Twilight dude must be, blah blah blah. Unfortunately, I was in the store for an issue of Hellsing and I had to brave the forces of darkness to get it. I picked up issue 8 or whatever one it was, and was immediately assaulted with questions about why I liked that 'stupid mahnjuh' and how I could stand the 'terrible art style'. All I really had to do was give them a good 'WTF' look and ask why they weren't reading Hello Kitty instead of interrogating people with hobbies and it shut them up.
Proud geek

#28 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostxPropaganda, on 06 May 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Wait... ACen won't be a bunch of exhibitionists in cosplay outfits? What EVER shall we DO?

I'm...I'm so sorry. I was as shocked as you when I found this out. I feel as though there is nothing to live for at this point. *Commits sepukku*
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#29 User is offline   xPropaganda 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60119

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

Dammit... Third time this week.
*grimly lops off your head to present it to your family with condolences*

Just hope the Law and Order guys don't show up this time.
Proud geek

#30 User is offline   HEDGESMFG 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 108

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

View PostKrystal, on 06 May 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

They DO have women like that for those kind of people...

Unfortunately, they only come on a pillow.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users