Mass Effect Hop Aboard the Normandy!

#61 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 14 March 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

People will believe what they feel like believing, that's how things have always worked.

Very true. I for example like to believe that Mass Effect 3 doesn't exist and that it ended with 2. ^_^
All systems... GO!

#62 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

My issue with this game is as follows:

1. More combat oriented, I get that it's war, but just something about the fighting seems too much like "We must fight or die."

2. The addition of the IGN Reporter. DO We REALLY NEED HER? She can't act, she's not even good eye candy for guys, so why have her in there?

3. War Assets vs Paragade. So apparently it's all in how much resources you aquire rather then your choices.

4. Snipping out the day one dlc from the actual game apparently.

5. Charing more then 100 dollars for all peices if you don't buy the collectors edition to get all the stuff.

6. Endings completly being changed over from the lore that's already been set forth.

Then there's the fact that some of Bioware's former employees, and emplyoees as of this date and time, are giving arrogent comments about the complaints. Saying that "It's their game, they will make it the way they want." Okay that's lovely, but your game is not passive entertainment like a book, this is not just one writer writing, this is not a JRPG or Visual Novel, this is supposed to be a wester RPG where you take on the character and where your choices in game matter to the central plot. Please do not complain about consumers complaining when you give them something that it is not what it is advertised as.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#63 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I agree with those. Especially the war assets and chamged ending. War assets equals buy game new, or else you'll have to do every little thing to get best ending. And I read the original story idea, and it was so much better. Thats what happens when you lose writers.

Tho I really don't understand the hate for the ign chick. Im neutral, but it seems like people are just not liking her character(real life) more then thinking she is ugly. I didn't think she was ugly lol (but wtf was up with giving her a ridiculous butt. Lol srsly?)

And bioware is having ea rub off on them. They will care when people stop buying their games. Im still mad they hired hepler as lead writer. Glorified fanfic writer who hates games. lets not forget she wants a button to skip gameplay to go to the story. Fire her nao please
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#64 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 13 March 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

off topic, buthave there ever been a on disk DLC outside of rockstar games? and most of the time it come out months after you can download it.

anyways there most likely going to be a alt ending, and most people will make that cannon, kind of like how the deleted ending to termantor 2 was the ending people say is cannon (mostly becuase it ment the 3rd movie and salvation don't exist) blade runner, even superman 2.

Actually yes. Lol for instance, sfxt has it. And im not sure if this is confirmed, but I heard mass effect 3 has it. Day 1 DLC? Thats b.s. and I wouldn't be surprised since it is day 1. That is pretty insulting.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#65 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 March 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

I agree with those. Especially the war assets and chamged ending. War assets equals buy game new, or else you'll have to do every little thing to get best ending. And I read the original story idea, and it was so much better. Thats what happens when you lose writers.

Tho I really don't understand the hate for the ign chick. Im neutral, but it seems like people are just not liking her character(real life) more then thinking she is ugly. I didn't think she was ugly lol (but wtf was up with giving her a ridiculous butt. Lol srsly?)

And bioware is having ea rub off on them. They will care when people stop buying their games. Im still mad they hired hepler as lead writer. Glorified fanfic writer who hates games. lets not forget she wants a button to skip gameplay to go to the story. Fire her nao please

War Assets make it seem like everything you do in game is really limited to how much time you have to spend on multiplayer, and if you're not into those things well then you're doing a ton of sidequests. The ending was better but they moved people around and rather then follow up on the orignal idea they decided, well what's the fastest way to end this and make it "epic" and "artistic". I liked the dark matter idea.

I think a lot of it has to come from two views: One it's the idea that they bribed a review site by including one of their reporters in the game so the reviews they make are skewed. Two it's her acting, it's not the person but for me comparing her to the other actors who actually took lessons and worked in acting for a living, her preformance seemed stillted.

Hepler is a story writer, not a game writer. You have to have two vastly different view points to write for a game. It's pretty much writing for an ongoing comic where you have to corrdinate with other people. Writers of novels or stories only mostly have themself to deal with and it becomes their worlds. Videogames, especially RPGs, unless you have a set avatar, are designed to interact, so the player tells the story.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#66 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 14 March 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

i am on helper side since gamers like you send her rape threats, so screw off.

also you can skip combat in LA nore and there that thing in Super mario wii. what she is suggesting is not new.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 17 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users