• You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect Hop Aboard the Normandy!

#31 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

As long as the story is amazing, then that's all I need. I'll probably never play multiplayer. IGN had an article saying that the series will be wrapped up properly. I really hope that's true. A concrete ending with absolute closure is definitely in order for the Mass Effect series.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#32 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

I just beat mass effect 2 for the first time. Only had one casualty (legion). I stand by the decions I made through the game. But my brother who had a totally different things happened to him is telling me how I proabably gonna "lose" in mass effect 3. That will just piss me off if he's right and if Im not the mister rogers of the galaxy then I won't be able to hold off the reapers. :/
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#33 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

^ I doubt actions in Mass Effect 2 will have that big of an impact in the next game. Most games pretty much just make references to previous installments. Who knows though! There were some significant decisions that could change a mission or two (e.g Legion's side quest).

#34 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, I'm still pretty pissed about that. I made my choice and he loyal to me, then I choice my lover over him cuz I don't want the geth to totally ambush them and he dies cuz of it. He even made it all the way to the end and a fall kills him. A fall? He operates with a giant hole in his chest just fine but a fall kills him? WTF?
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#35 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm excited about Valentine's Day this year because I get to play the Mass Effect 3 demo!

#36 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Strange news from the ME3 front. Apparently people are in a huff over Day 1 DLC for a squadmate that's already in the CE preorder package. They seem to feel that the Squadmate should be given for free given the nature of the character and the mission as well. There's an entire thing about it in the From Ash's bit on the BSN as well as several threads about it. Makes the head spin what EA is doing. I say EA since they are the publisher and put the money behind Bio to make the game.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#37 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Ok. Im currently playing the demo as I type this. 1. LOVE THIS MULTIPLAYER! Proablaby because I'm a solider class and I also can't wait to play as a krogen. 2. Im really hoping this single player story is the default story and not what will happen to me, cuz i'm pretty pissed at the current circemstances. Like hell the alliance would ground me and my ship and lock me on earth. F that.

#38 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 28 February 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Ok. Im currently playing the demo as I type this. 1. LOVE THIS MULTIPLAYER! Proablaby because I'm a solider class and I also can't wait to play as a krogen. 2. Im really hoping this single player story is the default story and not what will happen to me, cuz i'm pretty pissed at the current circemstances. Like hell the alliance would ground me and my ship and lock me on earth. F that.

from what i gather you are locked down on earth during the events of the last dlc of ME2 where you blow up a mass relay.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#39 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 28 February 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

from what i gather you are locked down on earth during the events of the last dlc of ME2 where you blow up a mass relay.

Yeah, why the heck is DLC relevant to the story, to the point where if I don't play it, I have no idea what is going on at the start of ME3? Not a fan of that at all...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#40 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 29 February 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

Yeah, why the heck is DLC relevant to the story, to the point where if I don't play it, I have no idea what is going on at the start of ME3? Not a fan of that at all...

I'm not a fan either, but I see what they were doing here. Rather then incorperate it into an already large ME3 they made it a side story. I guess they needed some way to get Shepard to Earth, and well blowing up a mass relay is the best way to do that.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#41 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 29 February 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

I'm not a fan either, but I see what they were doing here. Rather then incorperate it into an already large ME3 they made it a side story. I guess they needed some way to get Shepard to Earth, and well blowing up a mass relay is the best way to do that.

Still seems like poor planning overall...

I don't know, really enjoyed the series through the first 2 games, but have heard a lot about 3 that is just making me uneasy. Too often multiplayer inclusion means they forget how to make a compelling single player story. See Halo. I know this is Bioware, but the concern is still there. The DLC from 2 mentioned earlier just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. DLC should never be integral to understanding the main storyline. There is no excuse for it. And the lack of a steam release is irksome as well. I have no desire to use Origin, nor am I even sure I can move my ME2 char to use in ME3 on Origin if I do. Just seems kinda crappy as they knew they were making 3 games all along, to suddenly cut a major distributing means out for the 3rd game.

All that is making it hard for me to get as excited for the game as I was 3 months ago...Then theres the day 0 DLC to collector's edition only. Which means the full game is really $70, not $60...But being that I probably won't be picking this up on release, its less of an issue to me. Its more just the icing on the cake from my other gripes listed.

This post has been edited by FlyingElf: 29 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

Armageddicon!!

#42 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 28 February 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Wait, WHAT! I didn't even buy that stinking DLC because I knew it was a shitty outcome and your forceing me to continue that storyline anyway? *NOT HAPPY* <_<

#43 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I loved Mass Effect 1 and 2 but I cannot in good conscious spend any money on Mass Effect 3. FlyingElf already hit a lot of the points about Day 1 DLC, tacked on multiplayer, being forced to use Origin for the PC version, etc. Also I've now seen the leaked ending for the game and it is one of the worst I've seen. It makes me sad that such a brilliant series has gotten so terrible. Between this, TOR, and Dragon Age 2 I don't think I can give Bioware another dime...

This post has been edited by TheStrongJaeger: 04 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

All systems... GO!

#44 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

i played the game for about a few hours, and i put on flame armr and ...............i like it and i think it a great game.

the story have a feeling of dread, (and yes i seen the ending, it not as bad as the internet is making it out to be, FF7 ending was way worse with the ending that save the world with the power of love)

combat is soild, vega is great too, the intertory system is great, it feel like a middle ground of the 2nd game "no items at all" to the first games "HOLYscrew ITEM PARTY" moding guns is petty cool and ones work the best on others.

i will get hated, but who cares i think the game is good, and if liking this game me me a nazi, then i will lead the charge into poland.

#45 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

^ Don't worry about the haters. I don't know why so many people love to hate this game... ALL OF A SUDDEN. ME1 pretty much flew under the radar, ME2 got Game of the Year, and now it seems everyone has something to say about ME3 (not just on the forum).

I've been playing ME3 and the story & experience are just fine. My collectors edition gave me a lot of content and I'm quite pleased with everything I got. The bonus mission & character definitely adds substance to the ME universe. I guess it's too bad some people won't ever play it.

I've never seen it, but I will laugh if this "leaked ending" is truly the ending. Could be true... could be false... guess we'll see won't we?

#46 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I haven't seen anyone really hating on the game. All I've seen are people questioning a lot of marketing decisions by EA. And mostly before the game was even released and they knew whether or not those concerns were well founded.

Mass Effect has always had solid gameplay which has helped it tremendously I feel. Even though I didn't like the inclusion of ammo in the second game. Really bogged down the action parts where after fights you have to walk around the battlefield searching for clips. Still its a minor gripe in the grand scheme of things.
Armageddicon!!

#47 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 08 March 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

^ Don't worry about the haters. I don't know why so many people love to hate this game... ALL OF A SUDDEN. ME1 pretty much flew under the radar, ME2 got Game of the Year, and now it seems everyone has something to say about ME3 (not just on the forum).

For me it's because the first two games were so good that I have a problem with how the third turned out. Aside from what I mentioned in my last post; having characters that are plot important being DLC content, being forced to play multiplayer to get better endings in the single player, and the ending is stolen straight from Deus Ex and totally disregards the developments of the previous games. And that's not even going into lazy production values(stealing stock images from the internet and photoshopping them into the game)

I'm just sad that what started out as one of the most promising science fiction series ever was just ruined with sheer laziness and a disregard for their previous work.
All systems... GO!

#48 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I had my doubts going in to this one, but I find it out. I still dislike how this is more like 2 then 1, but I'm dealing with it. It's not a bad game at all. (I wish it was more like mass effect 1, but with EA around, anything that isn't like a wannabe CoD won't make it)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#49 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

I thought Mass Effect 3 was a very good end to the series, and NO I'm not going to spoil it for anyone. I will say I was satisfied with what happened and Bioware did manage to make both the single-player and multiplayer campaigns good. Of course I came for the story, stayed for the trophies ;)

Granted it's not nearly as deep a storyline as ME1, but not as abstract as ME2 was either. In-between story and action if you so choose to play the normal role-playing way, which is alright by me.

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#50 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

I will fully admit the endings were BAD. They seemed very rushed and sloppy and the revelation of what the Reapers were as well as their motivations didn't make sense. However, it only takes away so much from the journey getting there, plus I've always found Bioware games had better B-stories than main narratives (seriously, the whole ordeal with the Krogan as well as the stuff involving the Quarians was far more profound). On a whole, the series has made interesting narrative MECHANICS, but the actual narrative as a whole is at best a good summer blockbuster that's a bit too much in love with itself. However, in no way, shape, or form does this game deserve the embittered Meta-bombing its gotten from countless people. I really do wonder what the ME team will do now that the trilogy is wrapped up. I'm personally hoping for a Jade Empire sequel
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#51 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostDarkMimi, on 10 March 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

I thought Mass Effect 3 was a very good end to the series, and NO I'm not going to spoil it for anyone. I will say I was satisfied with what happened and Bioware did manage to make both the single-player and multiplayer campaigns good. Of course I came for the story, stayed for the trophies ;)

Granted it's not nearly as deep a storyline as ME1, but not as abstract as ME2 was either. In-between story and action if you so choose to play the normal role-playing way, which is alright by me.

ya ME3 is kind of like ME2 where you are recuriting. but the storywise it flows, and ME2 recuriting feels to me very monster of the week.

#52 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Just finished it. I love the game all the way til the end. >_> Seriously, the last 5-10 was ridiculous. I won't go into detail, but I shook my head after it all sunk in.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#53 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

http://www.youtube.c...c1eFUAAAAAAAEAA

This post has been edited by KirbyFanOne: 12 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#54 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 12 March 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

I enjoyed this. However you should mention it has spoilers for people who havent beat the game.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#55 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 12 March 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

I enjoyed this. However you should mention it has spoilers for people who havent beat the game.

That's not the real ending. I can bet there's going to be end game DLC, and even better it's probably on disc DLC.

If I did this on the Bioware forums it would be END OF RINE with me being DING DONG BANNU'D for questioning GRORIOUS DEVEROPER.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#56 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well that is one of the real endings, though all 3 are equally bad. And if they do release a new ending I hope no one buys it.
All systems... GO!

#57 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

There are actually 16 different endings. IGN has a spoiler-free (well, they have spoiler tags) Mass Effect-Wiki about how to see each of them. Once I beat ME3, I will consult them in depth. I like to play to utter completion.

#58 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

That's sort of true. There are 3 endings with varying degrees of "success" i.e. certain people living or dying etc.
All systems... GO!

#59 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 13 March 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

That's not the real ending. I can bet there's going to be end game DLC, and even better it's probably on disc DLC.

off topic, buthave there ever been a on disk DLC outside of rockstar games? and most of the time it come out months after you can download it.

anyways there most likely going to be a alt ending, and most people will make that cannon, kind of like how the deleted ending to termantor 2 was the ending people say is cannon (mostly becuase it ment the 3rd movie and salvation don't exist) blade runner, even superman 2.

#60 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 13 March 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

off topic, buthave there ever been a on disk DLC outside of rockstar games? and most of the time it come out months after you can download it.

anyways there most likely going to be a alt ending, and most people will make that cannon, kind of like how the deleted ending to termantor 2 was the ending people say is cannon (mostly becuase it ment the 3rd movie and salvation don't exist) blade runner, even superman 2.

People will believe what they feel like believing, even if it is completely false, that's how things have always worked.

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 14 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users