Anime Central Forums: Weather for Acen - Anime Central Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weather for Acen do you think we're going to have warm and sunny, or cloudy and chi

#151 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

I feel let down right about now. If there's going to be rain I'm definitely not going to wear one of my costumes even if I spent all this time and money on it just like the rest of you guys. Staying inside daily sucks so much. I go to acen to not stay inside.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#152 User is offline   StarRockerX 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 17705

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm liking the looks of the temperature.
Just cause i hate harsh heats and i had 3 nose bleeds last week.
I don't want a bloody nose during ACEN xD

As for the rain.. eh.
Not good for my expensive camera.
Debating if i should bring it at all.
A Different Kind of Rockstar
I am a youtuber, anime junkie, pokemon enthusiast, and a normaler :)
Twitter / / Youtube / / Instagram

#153 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

heat + rain = humidity, or awesome weather. ever play volleyball outside in the summer during a storm? Totally awesome, and you don't get cold til you go inside!
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

#154 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

I love heat.

But kolkokolkolkol *covers mouth*

No rain for my cosplay. I am doing America. I am wearing a leather jacket. And boots. And gloves. NOT FUN.

Guess I have to buy an umbrella Thursday.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#155 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Here's the Accuweather for tomorrow
http://www.accuweath...ails.asp?fday=2

It should be ok. Ill be indoors mostly anyway since im doing panel programming. And if I do have to be at a certain hotel ill take the hamster trail just to stay dry.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#156 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 5413

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, it's important to remember that the weather for a downtown zip code can be TOTALLY different than a Des Plaines zip code. I know of times when it rains down on the West Side where my Grandma lives, and REALLY BADLY at that, and it's totally calm and cool over by me on the Northwest Side (/10 minutes from ACen), and the reverse is also true. Heck, I've even known of times when it's been raining 3 MILES from my house when it isn't raining by me.

I hope it doesn't rain, or if it absolutely MUST rain, that it will do so laaaate at night or in the wee hours of the morn.

Also, it was supposed to rain today. It did - at 6 AM. The rest of the day (at least from noon onwards) was actually quite nice.

This post has been edited by Demon Slayer: 18 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

My name's Mary, and I am a student from Chicago studying in Canada.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
---------------------------------------------------
Anime Midwest 2012
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan), probably Belle

#157 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

I was about to say I don't remember rain being here but it was bearly anything if rain.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#158 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

I don't mind the rain honestly... might make cosplaying for some more environmentally friendly for cosplay and really capture the mood.
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#159 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

Guessing no one's seen Skilling's forecast yet? o.O (*also partially kidnapped form the WGN forecast from earlier yesterday*)

Friday: High ~72-75. Clear. Low: 60s/high 50s.
Saturday: High ~85. Rain. Low: 70s/60s.
Sunday: High ~82. Partial rain/clear.

Basically, roughly the same as it has been for the last 7 odd ACens. Alternatingly cool & warm, with intermittent wet throughout the weekend and evenings.

Welcome to May weather in Chicago. It's ....predictable. ~ :P harharIRPunny

FOR THOSE WANTING THE ACTUAL FORECAST(S), THE EVER AWESOME TOM SKILLING'S WEATHER PAGE CAN BE SEEN HERE.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#160 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

It may be Thursday, but I'm still wary of the forecasts, only because I live in Michigan and the weather here's just as weird as yours. There's been plenty of times where a forecast has been wrong right up to the day in question. As for my cosplays, Angel L will be Friday (yay not-wet wings), Tima's a fleece coat, and Sorincha should be good to go.
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#161 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

I am still going to pack an Umbrella

I wanted a Union Jack one but can't find it; knew I should have ordered that one from UK!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#162 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

I am hoping the weather is bad, like rain and all that because then my boyfriend won't have to be sent to jobs on Saturday and will hopefully be done early Friday. Even though he requested this weekend off months ago, it's been super busy and the only other person that does what my boyfriend does just up and quit yesterday so it's going to be interesting. PLEASE LET THE WEATHER BE BAD ENOUGH SO HE CAN GO TO ACEN!!!!
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#163 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

View PostLina, on 19 May 2011 - 08:19 AM, said:

I am hoping the weather is bad, like rain and all that because then my boyfriend won't have to be sent to jobs on Saturday and will hopefully be done early Friday. Even though he requested this weekend off months ago, it's been super busy and the only other person that does what my boyfriend does just up and quit yesterday so it's going to be interesting. PLEASE LET THE WEATHER BE BAD ENOUGH SO HE CAN GO TO ACEN!!!!

Wow......well if it's bad I can wing it still. So adding onto your hope for an unselfish reason.

I went to work in horrible blizzards in Chicago so rain isn't a problem.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#164 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm guessing a lot of the photoshoots are outside, so what happens in the event of bad rain? Are they just canceled?
Rawr. ♥

#165 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

In case of bad weather, photoshoots are moved inside, mostly to the Convention Center lobby.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#166 User is offline   Caikirai 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59376

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

As of right now, it's supposed to storm all weekend.
http://www.weather.c.../tenday/4889:20
Weather for the actual convention center.

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users