Anime Central Forums: Weather for Acen - Anime Central Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weather for Acen do you think we're going to have warm and sunny, or cloudy and chi

#121 User is offline   Exezer 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 53384

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Ehh that sounds ok ...hmm would be better if it was low 70s so not too cool and not too hot.

#122 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

70s is NOT cool. AT ALL. Darnit, I thought we were Chicagoans here? WHY DON'TCHA ALL MOVE TO BLOODY FLORIDA??? I don't want to be burning...
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#123 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Actually, 70's is fairly mild compared to what we deal with in the summer months - and especially with the humidity, too. It's also a nice midpoint, since the 60's range can feel a bit chilly to those with cosplays that involve less coverage.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#124 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

70s is normal for Chicago this time of year... thats honestly perfect weather! 2009 was hot and 2010 was cool, so 2011 will be right in the middle!
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#125 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 5413

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

Weather.Com says 70s for the weekend, sunny on Fri, cloudy on Sat, 50% chance of rain on Sunday... Maybe the rain will just stay away, that would be nice.
My name's Mary, and I am a student from Chicago studying in Canada.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
---------------------------------------------------
Anime Midwest 2012
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan), probably Belle

#126 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

ABC7 said that the normal high right now is 70. They're still showing some rain Sat/Sun. Everyone do your anti-rain dances!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#127 User is offline   msd121 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60213

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

When i went to bed it said 69 Saturday and mid-70's Sunday.... now it says 75 Saturday and 82 Sunday.... I'm not liking this trend >_<;
ACEN 2011: Fifth convention, first cosplay (generic butler).

#128 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

View Postmsd121, on 16 May 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

When i went to bed it said 69 Saturday and mid-70's Sunday.... now it says 75 Saturday and 82 Sunday.... I'm not liking this trend >_<;

Better than 50s/60s imo
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it

#129 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

View Postwolverine33, on 15 May 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

I'd perfer it to be a little warmer but we'll see what the weather
says by Wed....

It's cold right now oAo Like I need to layer cold.

I can't do Miku if it's this cold! I'm anemic!!!!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#130 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

It feels like the beginning of Fall outside.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#131 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

It's cold? I thought it felt relatively nice out today, not horribly chilly and rainy like this past weekend. I wouldn't hate weather of this temperature and up.

Or maybe the Chicagoan in me is just believing that low 60's is warm enough to go out without much complaint.

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#132 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

It was a biiiiit too chilly today for my tastes but I think that, on the whole, if we had sunny weather like this, and just a little bit warmer than it is today, it would be really nice for ACen. Maybe upper 60s/low 70s. I am amplifying the amount of anti-rain sentiments I am putting into the universe, too...
Facebook Cosplay.Com
Anime Midwest 2012

#133 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

What would happen if it rain during the Dances? Would we all still wait outside or will they make room inside either way I'm still going with the umbrella. :happydance: :happydance: :thumbup:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#134 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

As the days approach the predictions should get more accurate...THE IMPENDING ACTUAL WEATHER WILL BE APPARENT SOON ENOUGH.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

#135 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Better Not Rain...
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#136 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 17 May 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

What would happen if it rain during the Dances? Would we all still wait outside or will they make room inside either way I'm still going with the umbrella. :happydance: :happydance: :thumbup:

Didn't it rain last year or the year before when people were lined up outside? I don't know if it was the masquerade line or one of the dances but I think it did (I wasn't IN the line so I'm not 100% sure.)

View PostSkogkatt, on 17 May 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

THE IMPENDING ACTUAL WEATHER WILL BE APPARENT SOON ENOUGH.

For some reason this statement sounded really ominous to me! :P

#137 User is offline   levelsixtyseven 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59727

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

ohmygod! It's so hot..70s this weekend and sunny? As much fun as that sounds I'm going to be sooo hot! Cosplay is going to over heat me.
Private Photo Shoots for 2011 ACen! CLICK HERE to sign up!

s t a l k m e
website / facebook / cosplay.com / deviantArt / twitter / youtube

#138 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

Time to do what I do every year, then! :D Make a doll!

*gets weird looks*

Okay, for those not familiar with it, there's this Japanese doll called "teru-teru-bozu". You basically get some string or a rubber band, get some thin white paper or tissue, ball up the upper part and cordon it off, and draw a face on it. (When you're done it should look like a smiling ghost.) It's from this old story about a Buddhist monk who promised he could make the rain go away. I first heard about it during my Japan trip in 2005 (and I swear I saw this work once; our tour guide made one on the bus and it stopped raining by the time we got off. XD)
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#139 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

So far it looks like rain. I'm only saying that because it's raining today and I'm not feeling it for Friday. Let it rain tomorrow and Sunday but not Friday nor Saturday.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#140 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

Ugh. I'd rather have NO rain and have be hot. It won't look pretty for the Soapbubble lines if it does.
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#141 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

I could care less how hot/cold it is (though I'd prefer hot) so long as it doesn't rain...Time for a reverse rain dance! lol
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#142 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

Tom Skilling said mid 70s Friday and low 80s now Saturday and Sunday with a chance for rain late Saturday night and Sunday.

#143 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

Wow its hot out then ^^ Yus~! Less stuff for me to carry! (NO DARN UMBRELLA PLEASE >.<)I'll be long gone before it rains so its all good...! <3

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 18 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#144 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Definitely looks like rain for this weekend, especially on Sunday. So have those umbrellas ready. -has my two and may even bring three- XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#145 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

mine's been saying rain for the whole weekend. Good thing I've got my theatre makeup kit, and none of my makeup will run. I could get water boarded, and still have perfect makeup. I love that stuff so much :clap:
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

#146 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

Most of the places I've looked at for weather seem to say Rain on Saturday NIGHT into Sunday Morning, which would be really really nice... Also, most places say only 30% chance of rain... I wish it were a bit cooler than 80, mostly I hear high 70s to 80s, but perhaps we'll luck out. Keep thinking good thoughts about it... I swear it's worked in the past.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
Anime Midwest 2012

#147 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Makeup? YUCKO. The only thing I'd be worried about with rain is the wigs I'm wearing. Dunno how waterproof they are.

vFuture ideas

#148 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

I don't want to be shiny in pictures, and when it gets hot, people get shiny. I luckily have no wigs. and according to Tom Skilling,

ThursdayRain showers
HI68°
LO57°
Low clouds, haze or fog into morning. Sprinkles or drizzle possible. Clouds break allowing mixed hazy sun later. A little milder. The day's light easterly lake breezes only cool immediate shoreline. Highs: Low 70s mildest inland; Mid 50s area beaches.

FridayThunderstorms
HI74°
LO61°
Sun and mixed clouds, hazy, a little warmer inland Several widely scattered afternoon thunderstorms may affect 20 to 30 percent of the metro area. East to southeast winds 5 to 13 mph. Highs hold to the upper 50s or low 60s lakeshore. Low to mid 70 highs inland.

SaturdayThunderstorms
HI82°
LO66°
Variably cloudy, becoming windy, warmer, more humid. Clusters of t-storms, most numerous in the afternoon when heavier storms could produce some downpours. Southerly winds increase 14 to 26 mph and gusty.

SundayThunderstorms
HI84°
LO66°
Partly sunny, windy, warm and humid. Temps 38 degrees warmer than previous Sunday. Clusters of t-storms, some gusty, possible downpours, may re-develop in the afternoon affecting up to 40 per cent of the metro area. Southwest winds 14 to 28 mph with 30+ gusts.

I'm bringing an umbrella.
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

#149 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

KOLKOLKOLKOLKOL

I am not liking rain AT ALL
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#150 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Bear in mind, the Tom Skilling forecasts tend to center mainly on Chicago proper, and the weather has to stop somewhere. :) Des Plaines/Rosemont is looking slightly different - as of right now the storms seem to be largely avoiding us, and possibly nicking us later in the weekend.

From weather.com:

Thu May 19

PM Showers

High - 64°
Low - 50°

Precipitation 30%

Fri May 20

Mostly Cloudy

High - 71°
Low - 56°

Precipitation 20%

Sat May 21

Showers

High - 78°
Low - 61°

Precipitation 50%

Sun May 22

Scattered T-Storms

High 82°
Low 62°

Precipitation 40%
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users