• This topic is locked

Kollision Con 2011 November 18-20, 2011

#121 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

WOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!! TODAY IS THE DAAAAAY!!! KollisionCon is going to be awesome!!! :D Can't wait to see you all there!!! ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#122 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Just got back from St. Charles a little bit ago... honestly KollisionCon was pretty darn awesome, and I had a great time. Even though it there wasn't TONS going on at the same time, for a small con, it was chill and just a lot of fun. But maybe it was the people I hung with but I thought it was a weekend well spent. Eyeshine was AWESOME. UNGODLY AWESOME. Let's say I'll never forget playing Polo's guitar on stage ever...and it will be one of the best moments of my LIIIIFE!!!!!! :D Johnny Yong Bosch is a great guy, and the whole band is really cool and really great people. Panels were alright...I would have to say aside from the concerts the Friday Night Improv and Sailor Man's Drag Race was the best... XD (Go being Sailor Aris!!!!! Now THAT was fun... :3 I will never forget the day I turned into Sailor Aris ;3) and the guest panels were fun too. Who else went?

Anyone have pictures? I'll have them up Wednesday....O.o I took the wrong camera cord to school *facepalm* I brought my mom's instead. LOL I got a good amount of pics so when I have them up I'll share them from Photobucket :3. Who did everyone go as? I went as Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG on Saturday. ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#123 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 20 November 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

Just got back from St. Charles a little bit ago... honestly KollisionCon was pretty darn awesome, and I had a great time. Even though it there wasn't TONS going on at the same time, for a small con, it was chill and just a lot of fun. But maybe it was the people I hung with but I thought it was a weekend well spent. Eyeshine was AWESOME. UNGODLY AWESOME. Let's say I'll never forget playing Polo's guitar on stage ever...and it will be one of the best moments of my LIIIIFE!!!!!! :D Johnny Yong Bosch is a great guy, and the whole band is really cool and really great people. Panels were alright...I would have to say aside from the concerts the Friday Night Improv and Sailor Man's Drag Race was the best... XD (Go being Sailor Aris!!!!! Now THAT was fun... :3 I will never forget the day I turned into Sailor Aris ;3) and the guest panels were fun too. Who else went?

Anyone have pictures? I'll have them up Wednesday....O.o I took the wrong camera cord to school *facepalm* I brought my mom's instead. LOL I got a good amount of pics so when I have them up I'll share them from Photobucket :3. Who did everyone go as? I went as Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG on Saturday. ^_^

Had a blast at Kollision as well! I don't think I saw you unfortunately. :( I was the PeeWee Herman that was carrying Globey (the Globe.) I made an appearance on Friday and part of Saturday at night. I mostly spent time in the game room and karaoke, briefly went to the rave. I ran into Johnny Yong Bosch while with some friends in the lounge and got a picture with him, very friendly guy! I heard word that Norm MacDonald (from SNL, the movie Dirty Work, and an all-around funny comedian) was there doing a performance at the Pheasant Run theater, but unfortunately did not run into him like I was hoping. :(

I do not have any public photos unfortunately. Mine are on my Facebook, if you wish/comfortable to add me, send me a PM on here and if I've talked to you on here enough I'll likely add you. :) Otherwise Motoko, I'm glad you had a great time and I hope everyone else did as well!

Now of all the costumes I've seen personally there, my pick for personal favorite was the Ein Furry from Cowboy Bebop! I hope no one feels upset that I didn't pick theirs as a favorite, but what can I say? The Ein was cute, accurate, and had a funny little dance. LOL!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#124 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

I'm glad to hear you had a good time!!!! I know I ran into some people from the fitness thread so that was really nice too. Despite being a small con, the cosplays were good there! Haha I liked Ein too. I know during Sailor Man's drag race during the "free dance" part I dragged Ein's Ed partner to dance with me. XDDDD Good times, good times. This con made St. Charles a fun town for once. XDDD

#125 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 20 November 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

Anyone have pictures?

Yep.

Photos and a Youtube compilation video:
http://photographybanzai.com/2011/11/21/kollision-con-2011-photos-and-video-online/

I also have them on my facebook page, which I'm sure a few people have already seen. I was only there for a few hours on Saturday, so not too much photo wise.

You might like this photo in particular though. :thumbup:

Facebook photo links:
gallery 1
gallery 2

This post has been edited by Scott: 21 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

#126 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Woo, this was the most fun I've had at a con in a long time! I enjoyed doing our Ghostbusters panels, even if they were sparsely attended, and karaoke was a blast!! I never get to karaoke at Acen so for me it was a treat. Especially getting to open Saturday night's show as part of the Blues Brothers :)

I have to get the pics off my camera but they'll be on my Flickr & Facebook when I do (links in my sig). And please if you got any photos of the Ghostbusters or Blues Brothers let me know!!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#127 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostScott, on 21 November 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yep.

Photos and a Youtube compilation video:
http://photographybanzai.com/2011/11/21/kollision-con-2011-photos-and-video-online/

I also have them on my facebook page, which I'm sure a few people have already seen. I was only there for a few hours on Saturday, so not too much photo wise.

You might like this photo in particular though. :thumbup:

Facebook photo links:
gallery 1
gallery 2

Hahahah yes that pic is great!!! ^_^ thanks!! :D Their 3 concerts were AWESOME. Not just because JYB is in it, I think they sound really good...and I do not like modern rock music. So that's a lot coming from me when it comes to rock (since I'm such a huge purist fan of the classics).

And thanks for the galleries Scott. ^_^ I hope more people that attended will post their pics.

View PostKnitChick, on 21 November 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Woo, this was the most fun I've had at a con in a long time! I enjoyed doing our Ghostbusters panels, even if they were sparsely attended, and karaoke was a blast!! I never get to karaoke at Acen so for me it was a treat. Especially getting to open Saturday night's show as part of the Blues Brothers :)

I have to get the pics off my camera but they'll be on my Flickr & Facebook when I do (links in my sig). And please if you got any photos of the Ghostbusters or Blues Brothers let me know!!

I saw you guys!!! I wasn't able to get a picture but you guys looked awesome!!!!! I have to ask--were the Ghostbuster's cosplays heavy? I give you huge props for that. :)

And yeah I had a ton of fun at this con too--even though it wasn't our big awesome ACEN. I really want to go again. The people there this year were all just totally awesome. :)

#128 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 21 November 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

I saw you guys!!! I wasn't able to get a picture but you guys looked awesome!!!!! I have to ask--were the Ghostbuster's cosplays heavy? I give you huge props for that. :)

And yeah I had a ton of fun at this con too--even though it wasn't our big awesome ACEN. I really want to go again. The people there this year were all just totally awesome. :)

Thanks :D The proton packs have some heft to them but you get used to it after a while. Plus they sit on military issue backpack frames that are designed to make 50 pounds worth of gear manageable.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#129 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 21 November 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Thanks :D The proton packs have some heft to them but you get used to it after a while. Plus they sit on military issue backpack frames that are designed to make 50 pounds worth of gear manageable.

Oh, okay yeah I see what you mean. They looked great. :)

Hey does anyone know where the videos from Sailor Man's Drag Race and the 18+ Improv show are? I can't find them on youtube or anything. I really want to see the video from Sailor Man's Drag Race especially since I was the model Sailor Aris :P. God that was so fun. ^_^

sorry about no pics guys, I'll have them on Wednesday up since I have the wrong camera cord at school >_> O.o.

#130 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

I had a great time too and will be uploading pics soon. Most likely tonight sometime

#131 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Double post, but done uploading pictures
http://www.facebook....62801364&type=1

Videos will come sometime. You should be able to tag yourself fine, but I know some people didn't have the option to tag for my Acen photos :/

#132 User is offline   shonen_jidai 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3455

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

The con was a little smaller than I expected, but I had a great time anyway, especially doing karaoke! Nothing like cosplaying Uhura while singing It's Raining Men! XD Here's a link to the pics I took. Thanks to everyone who sang and/or posed for me! <3

http://www.flickr.co...57628075742555/

Oh and here's a little clip of the song that's been in my head all day, from Midwest Karaoke Madness after midnight,

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BNbvzExEpEo
ACEN 2012 Cosplays
Nyota Uhura (Star Trek: Original Series)
Miho Tohya (MegaTokyo)
Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)

cosplay pics: Various Cons

#133 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Not going to lie. Kollision Con has been the best con for me so far this year. Can't wait to go back next year! :D
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

#134 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

View PostKeySmash, on 21 November 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

Not going to lie. Kollision Con has been the best con for me so far this year. Can't wait to go back next year! :D

Yeah I'm so excited for next year too. :3 I had tons of fun. :D

#135 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

I had fun working customer service as a badge checker up on the 2nd floor for most of the con. ( Guy who was wearing his orange staff shirt as a hat since they didn't have one in his size) I still got to see a good amount of cosplayers and people from the boards I hadn't talk to in person in a while. If it's near by again, I'll going to work on staff next year. The con it's self is what I was expecting this past summer's Anime Midwest to be like. A nice local smaller con.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

#136 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

^ I think I remember seeing you upstairs! ^_^ Very creative hat you had! hahahaha! :D

#137 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 21 November 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hey does anyone know where the videos from Sailor Man's Drag Race and the 18+ Improv show are? I can't find them on youtube or anything. I really want to see the video from Sailor Man's Drag Race especially since I was the model Sailor Aris :P. God that was so fun. ^_^

Not sure about the Improv show but when I ducked into the Sailor Man panel out of curiosity they said the Enthusiasts were filming it, so it'll be linked on their website when they get it up. Might need to give the videos some time, though, I know for the Enthusiasts it's usually a week or two before anything is posted.

#138 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

I have footage of the Improv and the Masquerade. Masquerade is still to be edited but Improv is uploaded on my youtube acct.

This post has been edited by Soy Sauce: 22 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#139 User is offline   rlissau 

• ACen Guest
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Guest
  • Member No.: 18082

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

If you were at the con and picked up any of my comics, let me know what you think of them at www.facebook.com/russell.lissau .
I had a great time at the show and can't wait until the next one!

#140 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Had the best of times at Kollisioncon :DD! I can honestly say I had more fun this year than at Acen. :b Probably because it was so close and personal. I met some new people too~
Can't wait till next time!!
My videos are mostly of my friends but there is some footage of the formal dance and hallway clips...
Here

This post has been edited by Gabichox: 23 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agn├Ęs Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#141 User is offline   skyrune83 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29775

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Here are my pics from Kollision! I was cosplaying Auron for a while Saturday, and I hosted "Name That RPG Tune" as well as "SGBLT Otaku Unite".

http://www.facebook....75964433&type=3
www.astroth.com
www.ironpawn.com

You may know me as:
Dave Strider: Homestuck
Red Mage: Final Fantasy
Matsushita: Angel Beats
Lil' Slugger (Shounen Bat): Paranoia Agent
J.P. (Junpei): Digimon Frontier

#142 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

View Postskyrune83, on 30 November 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

Here are my pics from Kollision! I was cosplaying Auron for a while Saturday, and I hosted "Name That RPG Tune" as well as "SGBLT Otaku Unite".

http://www.facebook....75964433&type=3

Hahaha I found myself in the Name that Anime tune pic. XD

Oh, here's my photos from KollisionCon. ^_^ KollisionCon2011

#143 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

They've announced the dates for 2012. It looks like it'll be the weekend after Thanksgiving. Nov. 23-25,2012.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

#144 User is offline   Nicholas/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27751

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

I was there XD I cosplayed Yun from street fighter 3/4, Ikki from Air Gear, Mikuo from vocaloid, and Tusna from hitman reborn
My Facebook - My Cosplay.com - My Youtube - My deviantART -
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cosplayer PlayStation Network: Cosplayer55

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users