Anime Central Forums: Rude Cosplay Fans - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude Cosplay Fans Or People that like to tell you that You're doing the charcter wro

#61 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

Don't let rude people ruin your fun. They're just snobby elitists or fanbois/girlz that don't get the spirit of cosplay. Don't worry too much about being overlooked because you can make so many new friends with the people that do recognize your character. Remember, everyone started off somewhere.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#62 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

I've never seen a Captain Jack Sparrow ever break character.

#63 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 15 April 2011 - 06:32 AM, said:

I shall follow your example.

Hmm...now that I think of it..The only time where someone criticized me for not being in character was when I was cosplaying Sebastian from kuro and I was basically told that I wasn't acting/being sebby or a butler in general because I wasn't retreiving them various foods, refreshments, books and whatnot when they asked. >:/ Yeah. As if I'll actually get them something with that kind of attitude-snobby and all that.

There my second time to ACen I cosplayed for the first time and no one recognized my character because I wore glasses and my character didn't lol I got my photo taken once that day. I didn't really care much about it. I needed to see and contacts were out of the option.

View PostTENIME_art, on 15 April 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

So you do care?

Or you couldn't care less?

;)

Busting my balls, huh... Here's one for you: I could care less but I couldn't care less about what people say regarding my costume. Doesn't not make sense, no?

For real, I don't give a crap. I'm there to have fun and if anyone feels the need to say what could be done to improve my costume, I'd most likely just nod my head and walk the other way even if they knew what they were talking about. I'm just that kind of person haha Though now I don't think anyone will approach me... or if they do, they'll ask how I made my mask.

Or not. But maybe. Probably.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#64 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

No....No!!! I'm not that awesome! I just work really hard in languages. I studied spanish and now I have to do it again because I forgot it in high school! I used to be semi fluent in it but due to cutting costs we couldn't go to Mexico and really work it! Due to Ennui I haven't been motivated to do stuff I used to do so trying to take Japanese classes in June and probably Russian after Acen.

Funny enough me going on Pixiv is helping me notice kanji >.<

I wanted to do this because my temp job you have to know languages and almost everyone there knows Spanish or French >.< I was talking with one guy about Russian but it's hard to roll the rs and stuff T_T

I want to see someone try to complain about America not being black at Acen just so I can give them the hero speech.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 17 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#65 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

View PostOreo_Otaku, on 17 April 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

Don't let rude people ruin your fun. They're just snobby elitists or fanbois/girlz that don't get the spirit of cosplay. Don't worry too much about being overlooked because you can make so many new friends with the people that do recognize your character. Remember, everyone started off somewhere.

This post speaks to me. I've really only cosplayed once, and it was a rather obscure character at that, but the people who could pick out who I was turned out to be some really awesome people.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#66 User is offline   Dee 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19425

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

Sometimes, I wish I can "like" these posts. XD
ACen 2014
Morgiana - Magi (Friday)
Rivaille - Attack on Titan (Saturday)
Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece (Sunday)

#67 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:09 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 16 April 2011 - 01:33 AM, said:

I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE OF THAT! *huge GI JOE FAN GIRL* *ahem* Anyway bravo for that, and that is insanely rude of him. How can someone say that when they have just asked for a picture of someone. You keep those thoughts to yourself. >_<

http://www.flickr.co...N02/5329512518/

Pffft, don't know what that guy was talkin about. lol

#68 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

:lol:

#69 User is offline   toxlysis 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16982

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostDarkMimi, on 17 April 2011 - 02:16 AM, said:

I am now afraid to do my cosplays this year because of what I read on rude cosplayers AND rude fans. I already feel like I know what could happen.

"You're supposed to be Rakshata? But she's Indian, not BLACK."
-This particular one might make me go off, because cosplaying is not about race. It is about having FUN.

THIS. This is why I'm afraid of cosplaying. I feel like people think that if your skintone doesn't match the character, no matter how good you look otherwise, you're doing it wrong. It's like, 'gosh, sorry I didn't bleach my skin for you'. :thumbdown:

I haven't had much rudeness at cons before, though I have had people ask me 'are you even FROM an anime?' when dressed in cybergothy stuff. I mean, no. But you don't have to take a picture of me if it bothers you?
Sometimes I just pull out my hipster excuse -
"Oh, I'm from a really obscure anime, you've probably never heard of it.."
XD
ACEN 2012:
Friday: Sleeping
Saturday: Cybergoth
Saturday Night: Kandi Raver
Sunday: Halfcyber Stereotypical Pokemon Goodness

LINKIES: Hardstyle Milwaukee YT

#70 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

View Posttoxlysis, on 18 April 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

THIS. This is why I'm afraid of cosplaying. I feel like people think that if your skintone doesn't match the character, no matter how good you look otherwise, you're doing it wrong. It's like, 'gosh, sorry I didn't bleach my skin for you'. :thumbdown:

I haven't had much rudeness at cons before, though I have had people ask me 'are you even FROM an anime?' when dressed in cybergothy stuff. I mean, no. But you don't have to take a picture of me if it bothers you?
XD

Dont mind other people. Theres no telling what exactly might happen at the con or any conventions so might as well not worry about it right? We dont know whats going to happen in the future so we shouldnt linger on ‘what ifs’ as a well as past incidents. Chances are that it might not happen then or again. Although if it does, then we should stiff upper lip and not let it get to us. If we do then they win this little fight. I bet they just want a reaction. Either that or they really don’t have any other hobby than to irritate us >.<
Let’s just focus on the fun stuff so the goods can outweigh the bad and that no one will feel depressed during a fun occasion :)

Dont be afraid to cosplay :)
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#71 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

XD

That's brilliant. X3 Anyways, sucks people get in your face about it. I hear a lot about people in rave/cyber/steampunk gear getting harassed at cons because they aren't in cosplay or something Japanese. It's not like it matters. They paid the same amount of money to get in so, as long as they aren't breaking any rules with their outfit, they can wear whatever style they want to while enjoying themselves. People need to learn to go on about their business. :/
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#72 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

View Postaudaciouska241, on 18 April 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

http://www.flickr.co...N02/5329512518/

Pffft, don't know what that guy was talkin about. lol

I don't know either. That is one fine peice of craftsmanship on your part Audaciouska! :thumbup:

XD

Heh, I should try using that some time when people ask me why I'm not dressed as an anime character. And SirArthurKirkland said it best. Don't Be afraid to Cosplay. :highfive:

View PostTrini, on 18 April 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

That's brilliant. X3 Anyways, sucks people get in your face about it. I hear a lot about people in rave/cyber/steampunk gear getting harassed at cons because they aren't in cosplay or something Japanese. It's not like it matters. They paid the same amount of money to get in so, as long as they aren't breaking any rules with their outfit, they can wear whatever style they want to while enjoying themselves. People need to learn to go on about their business. :/

Very much so, I'm glad I'm seeing more western cartoon characters and such at cons. It shows that cosplay is being embraced for more then just anime. :w00t:
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#73 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

XD

I got that one before, considering my cosplay was a nun... and I actually used that response... though I was not trying to be a hipster lol, it was true.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#74 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

No one should be afraid to cosplay and it makes me sad to read posts that people are afraid to. And if you want to wear the rave clothes/cybergoth that's really cool and sometimes the creativity and the looks of the costumes are better than some people's cosplays. I even took a picture of some last year and they were really nice costumes. If you dress up, be proud of what you dress up as. I remember last year someone told me "I was too short to cosplay as Motoko" well you know what? Who cares? You can't blame me for my height as people cannot judge your costume by the color of your skin or what you look like. Who cares? Cosplay is about the fun, the experience and sharing the love of a character with other people. When people judge costumes that way, that disgusts me. Don't let rude people ruin your experience or be afraid to cosplay. You could be a smaller built person and pull off a great Goku. That gives no one any right to criticize.

Shake the rude people off and have fun! That's how I have been thinking when I cosplay because I'll admit I'm a noob at it and I'm not the best, but hey it's fun, and I enjoy it. So everyone you all better cosplay if you want to!!!! ^_^ :highfive: :clap:
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#75 User is offline   toxlysis 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Aw. I just typed a whole thing only to have it not post D:

But anyway, I was just going to say that this thread is so full of love haha.
I think it's really nice that everyone here is so optimistic ^--^
I don't think it's right to judge people's costumes in that way either, and honestly as long as I think my outfit looks good, I'm defiantly going to have a good time at Acen (or any con). The whole weekend is way too much of a good time to be weighed down by negative, rude people anyway :D. That being said, I am tired of hearing people saying my costume isn't as nice as my friends because my skin doesn't match. People have rated our outfits before in front of us (why? I'm not sure...) and rated mine lowest, even when I've made all of the clothes and they are the same quality. (Though I would like to say - this bothers me, but it by no means depresses me when I'm at a con. xD It is annoying that people would choose to judge in this way, but it won't ruin the con for me :) I didn't mean to come off as depressed or 'I'LL NEVER COSPLAY AGAIN! D:' or anything like that xD )
Oh well. It doesn't bother me so much as it used to. Now this will be my 5th Acen, rude people are few and far between anyway, and when people are rude it's just kind of funny :rolleyes:

View PostTrini, on 18 April 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

xDD Yeah, I agree. I don't get why it's a big deal. People are in cosplay, people are dressed normally, I don't think it should matter how someone wants to dress. There are still plenty of cosplayers! :D And I personally like seeing a nice variety of cosplay, fashion, OC cosplay...I think it makes everything that much more interesting :DD

In the famous words of Jay-Z, you got the get that dirt of your shoulder...xD :thumbup:

This post has been edited by toxlysis: 19 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

ACEN 2012:

#76 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

View Posttoxlysis, on 19 April 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

xDD Yeah, I agree. I don't get why it's a big deal. People are in cosplay, people are dressed normally, I don't think it should matter how someone wants to dress. There are still plenty of cosplayers! :D And I personally like seeing a nice variety of cosplay, fashion, OC cosplay...I think it makes everything that much more interesting :DD

This. :highfive:

#77 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

TTwTT Such heartfelt comments~ I have to agree with everyone when they say ignore those who simply don't understand the spirit of cosplay!! Every year I run into those who seek fun in bringing others down, or bluntly trolling. Do not feed the bullies, jerks or trolls. I made that mistake last year and ended up making a good amount of enemies and hurting some feelings.. (Though he started.. Long story short, I went to ACen one year as Aerith, and some guy just had to point out that I wasn't as thin or pale as she was.. That basically, she wasn't "fat or black,".. @_@; Well, being sassyfras me at the time.. I noticed he too didn't fit the role of his character, clearly had some insecurities and pointed that out.. to.. a.. tee.. I won't go into details, but it was pretty harsh... Then there was that akward moment of seeing them all later...and the guilt.. Yeah.. They respawn in larger numbers.. Don't feed 'em. )

All in all.. It's just not worth you're time.. ACen flies by, and while there are those who attend for the sole purpose of ruining a good time for others, don't let them waste a single minute of what is one of the funnest weekends of the year. The moment someone even starts, divert your attention. And no matter what you hear and what they say, nine times out of ten, they feel a lot worse than they'd ever admit. Keep your head up, and be comfortable in both your cosplay and in your skin. I doubt they'd have the guts to do the same! No matter what the shape, color, gender or size, work that hallway like it's the runway, and I guarantee, those who know the true spirit of cosplay will idolize and appreciate it! *In Diva Mode.. ;D*

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#78 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

People can be so rude and ridiculous. Cosplay involves costume and acting the part. It is supposed to be fun! Some people are content with dressing up and maybe not acting the part at all or just not doing it all the time, like when shopping and eating.

What I don't think cosplay is about is the restriction of who can do it based on age, body type, height, skin color, etc. That is just outrageous. I think if you do your character justice, then you're on the right path. Of course, there will always be noobs who may be a bit shy to play the part at first, but hey, we're all there because we have a common love of anime. All the uppity haters need to get over themselves!!!

#79 User is offline   toxlysis 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 19 April 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

TTwTT Such heartfelt comments~ I have to agree with everyone when they say ignore those who simply don't understand the spirit of cosplay!! Every year I run into those who seek fun in bringing others down, or bluntly trolling. Do not feed the bullies, jerks or trolls. I made that mistake last year and ended up making a good amount of enemies and hurting some feelings.. (Though he started.. Long story short, I went to ACen one year as Aerith, and some guy just had to point out that I wasn't as thin or pale as she was.. That basically, she wasn't "fat or black,".. @_@; Well, being sassyfras me at the time.. I noticed he too didn't fit the role of his character, clearly had some insecurities and pointed that out.. to.. a.. tee.. I won't go into details, but it was pretty harsh... Then there was that akward moment of seeing them all later...and the guilt.. Yeah.. They respawn in larger numbers.. Don't feed 'em. )

All in all.. It's just not worth you're time.. ACen flies by, and while there are those who attend for the sole purpose of ruining a good time for others, don't let them waste a single minute of what is one of the funnest weekends of the year. The moment someone even starts, divert your attention. And no matter what you hear and what they say, nine times out of ten, they feel a lot worse than they'd ever admit. Keep your head up, and be comfortable in both your cosplay and in your skin. I doubt they'd have the guts to do the same! No matter what the shape, color, gender or size, work that hallway like it's the runway, and I guarantee, those who know the true spirit of cosplay will idolize and appreciate it! *In Diva Mode.. ;D*

I agree with everything here!! Gosh, this thread is so uplifting :'DD

View PostScott, on 19 April 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

This. :highfive:

High fives all aroind :'D :highfive:

I also think that sometimes, it's really fun to see cosplayers out of character. My first year at Acen I walked past this HUGE dance circle where random people were just standing around and watching people dance. Suddenly, a Gaara cosplayer jumped in and started break dancing XD (like a pro, I might add)
I've never been a huge Naruto fan, but it still made my day to see something like that!

This post has been edited by toxlysis: 19 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

ACEN 2012:

#80 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

View Posttatterpillar, on 19 April 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

People can be so rude and ridiculous. Cosplay involves costume and acting the part. It is supposed to be fun! Some people are content with dressing up and maybe not acting the part at all or just not doing it all the time, like when shopping and eating.

What I don't think cosplay is about is the restriction of who can do it based on age, body type, height, skin color, etc. That is just outrageous. I think if you do your character justice, then you're on the right path. Of course, there will always be noobs who may be a bit shy to play the part at first, but hey, we're all there because we have a common love of anime. All the uppity haters need to get over themselves!!!

Woo, tatterpillar is back! :thumbup:

I completely agree there with your comment.

#81 User is offline   Rival Silver 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59869

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

Last Ohayocon, I was cosplaying as Jaden Yuki. And almost every single person that came up to me did so just to tell me that the original Yugioh was way better than Yugioh GX. And I'm like...that's great? Go tell the creators that, I'm just a girl in a wig.

It was either that, or them quoting LittleKuriboh and making fun of my character. I get that the parody is funny, but after awhile I just kinda wished that people wouldn't approach me if they didn't like the character to begin with. After awhile I just changed out of the cosplay altogether(and my cosplay group was pretty mad about it.)

Then again, I did have the flu so maybe I was just easily annoyed because I didn't feel well. So sorry if I just sound whiny, but I remember being seriously upset over it.

People should remember to just have fun! But also consider the feelings of others, because something you say might sound funny to you but hurt someone else's feelings.
Cosplays - Past and Future

Acen 2007 - Moogle
Acen 2008 - Detective Loki
Acen 2010 - Edward Elric

Acen 2011 - Rival Silver(HGSS), Trainer Red

#82 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

I remember this boy commented on my wig on how it wasn't the official color HUUUR DUUUR, and went on to say that I looked like every other "generic" anime character.
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#83 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

Forget that guy, KeySmash. He probably WANTED that awesome color to begin with and just had to say something so he would feel better <_<

I'm going to take these positive posts to heart and really go all out with my stuff this year and ALL the years after (ACen is my new tradition). Hell I'm even planning to do a Ramona and I'll just ignore the people with their negative comments. I like my characters and if they want accuracy, they can go read the comic for all I care.

I am woman, hear me roar! :P

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#84 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostRival Silver, on 19 April 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

Last Ohayocon, I was cosplaying as Jaden Yuki. And almost every single person that came up to me did so just to tell me that the original Yugioh was way better than Yugioh GX. And I'm like...that's great? Go tell the creators that, I'm just a girl in a wig.

It was either that, or them quoting LittleKuriboh and making fun of my character. I get that the parody is funny, but after awhile I just kinda wished that people wouldn't approach me if they didn't like the character to begin with. After awhile I just changed out of the cosplay altogether(and my cosplay group was pretty mad about it.)

Then again, I did have the flu so maybe I was just easily annoyed because I didn't feel well. So sorry if I just sound whiny, but I remember being seriously upset over it.

People should remember to just have fun! But also consider the feelings of others, because something you say might sound funny to you but hurt someone else's feelings.

They were just butt hurt because anything after first season of YGO isn't as good as 5D or GX in their eyes. I like them all. The only one I have doubts is the new one with the exploding pokemonish hover boards.

Seriously you cosplay because you want to, was bribed, or you enjoy the series. I do apologize for all the YGO fans who said those comments. Not all YGO fans are that close minded and bias. They should have kept their opinions and trolling comments to themselves. If they didn't like GX then they shouldn't have told you in your face. They just wanted to put your off your square. Everyone has likes or dislikes.

There I'm done with that rant.

Darkmini: Just ignore the haters. I got something today about Hetalia and how my son's dad talked to this african american girl cosplaying china.

Her: "Hey I'm doing china!"

Him: "You know China isn't black right?"

Her: ".....Yeah I know just don't tell my friends alright?"

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 20 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#85 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

View PostDarkMimi, on 20 April 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Forget that guy, KeySmash. He probably WANTED that awesome color to begin with and just had to say something so he would feel better <_<

I'm going to take these positive posts to heart and really go all out with my stuff this year and ALL the years after (ACen is my new tradition). Hell I'm even planning to do a Ramona and I'll just ignore the people with their negative comments. I like my characters and if they want accuracy, they can go read the comic for all I care.

I am woman, hear me roar! :P

hahahaha RAWR! Thank you for the positive post. I'm epicly positive you'll make a great Ramona.
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#86 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

That cracks me up. I get it all the time. "Hey! Such & such an event in the storyline really sucked!" Um...you do realize I don't write/draw the d@mn thing, right? :rolleyes:

If I don't like someone's costume, I don't go near them (I don't treat them like the plague, but I don't go out of my way to approach them). I don't get the complete & utter waste of time to walk up to someone, say something, then leave. I don't understand it. Or to take a picture, then say something!? If I don't like something about their costume, I'm not taking a picture, lol. Idiots.

#87 User is offline   Leaf 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17255

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

My friends and I were dressed in Ouran High School Host Club cosplay, and a girl ran up to us, very excited to see our cosplay. She greeted us and we greeted her back, but it became quickly apparent as soon as we opened our mouths that we were not what she wanted. Her face fell, and her tone sounded distant. "Have you seen any GUYS cosplaying Ouran?" We shrugged and told her we hadn't, really. o_O If it was something about our costumes I could even rationalize it as normal rudeness, but the fact that we're female? Can't change that! Pffffbt!

I am very outgoing and excited at conventions, so if I'm cosplaying a character who's normally serious and taciturn, I can't be bothered to act that way unless it is for the purpose of a photo. I'm there to have fun.

To folks who criticize minor details or bring up silly '____ is inaccurate/wrong' observations, I say - You don't know the situation! At all! This person could have flown across the country, mailed their prop ahead of them, had it break in the mail [or by a little cousin once it arrived] and had to do last-minute duct tape surgery! They may not have the budget to be award-winningly accurate and awesome. But they're having fun, and they could be your friend if you weren't being such a jerk about it. Especially when you are cosplaying from, or at least enjoy the same series.

[I misunderstood this title as fans of people who cosplay Rude from FFVII xD;;]
ACen 2015 Cosplay
-Jeremiah Gottwald {Code Geass}
-Kanji Tatsumi {Persona 4}
-Tsukikage Chigusa - {Glass Mask}

#88 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Wow so many good replies and I'm glad to see that others have had this issue. I'm hoping that one day people will see cosplay as something to inspire others. I'm really happy to see that this thread has a seens of inspiration.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#89 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

View PostScott, on 19 April 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

Woo, tatterpillar is back! :thumbup:

I completely agree there with your comment.

O HAI! :D

That is just reDONKulous! Grrr, stupid people with no regard for others' feelings make me want to punch babies! Relax, it's just a saying. I hate to hear about that poor experience you had :( Next time, I would stick by a friend or friends and have them stand up for you as you would for them. Going as a group with confidence will enable you to brush off those mean comments. You could even turn them into a bit of fun by calling out the haters while in character! Just don't stoop to their level, of course ;)

#90 User is offline   Evangelion_Unit_01 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 26693

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

Never had a rude remark towards my cosplay....but I do get a lot of people telling me that im to tall for Hitsugaya, which is true...but I dont care lol
Cosplay Building Begins For 2015!
ACen 2015 Cosplay's
-Kirito (Sword Art Online) 20% Complete
-Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) 100% Complete
-Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 3 Version) 0% Complete

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users