Anime Central Forums: Rude Cosplay Fans - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude Cosplay Fans Or People that like to tell you that You're doing the charcter wro

#181 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

Firstly: No one should just quit cosplaying. People who say mean things have no respect and usually couldn't pull together a costume to save their lives.

Secondly: If someone shoves you, you shouldn't hit back, that only gives the person the satifaction of messing with you. I know it seems hard but still you shouldn't react in such a way.

Third: ....Complaining about lack of a wig seems very lame. :thumbdown:
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#182 User is offline   sango659 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58794

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 01 June 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

sango659: I loved you guys! I was the America this year! That's freaking lame <_<

I remember you! :D Glad you liked my cosplay. I was very excited about it! ^_^

ACen 2013: Edward Wong Hau Pepulu Tivruski 4th (Cowboy Bebop) / Re-modeling (0%)
&&
Meryl Silverburgh (Metal Gear Solid 1)/Status (100%)
MAYBE Storm (0%)

#183 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

For me, I know I owe the Saturday crush of Hetalia cosplayers at the photoshoot an apology. For my huge wing prop and my inability to take it off. This was a bit of rudeness on my part as I know for a fact that it got in the way quite a few times and I know I must have knocked a few people with it. For that, I am truly sorry. From now on, regardless of time constraints, I'll be more aware and try to find a reasonable place to stand or store large props if I am taking them to a photoshoot. I would also like to thank them for letting me be involved, since my America was so...well...not canon is any way, shape or form. They could have easily told Steampunk Civil War America to shove off, but they didn't.

Again, I am sorry for the rudeness and the troubles cause by my prop.

I will do better.
2014 ---
Sandshrew - Pokemon
Mink - DMMD
Reborn - KHR

#184 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostKasin, on 25 May 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

My daughter was standing by 2 people, and one said she was so cute.

Then the other person said "yeah u can get that off ebay, but i wanted my cosplay to look good, so i made it"

I don't care if u think it looked bad, just don't say it in front of my daughter,. I mean shes little, and doesn't need a $100+ cosplay yet.

she definitely understood what she meant, but she didn't know why she didn't like it.

You have got to be kidding me!! Not everyone can afford or even have the talent to make their own costume (me:sadface). That is not what cosplay is all about. Sure, there are pros out there and they look great, but come on now. It's just like your average uppity person snubbing people who don't have all the latest in gadgets and fashion. You just have to brush those idiots off.

View PostLina, on 25 May 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

This isn't about rude people, but annoying ones.

So those who have watched/read Soul Eater knows that Death the Kid loves symmetry and freaks out when something is unsymmetrical. People kept saying, "You are unsymmetrical" or "[insert thing here] is unsymmetrical" to my boyfriend who was cosplaying an inverted version of Death the Kid to get him to "freak out". It really annoyed me and my boyfriend. My boyfriend likes the character, but he won't go out of his way to act all crazy or super in character because something is "unsymmetrical". He ignored what they said and posed if they wanted a picture. Someone asked him if he liked unsymmetrical things and he said yes. He likes the character, but he isn't going to always act in character. He poses like the character would, but he doesn't go around freaking out that everything is unsymmetrical. I'm sorry if it crushed their hopes and dreams, but he isn't going to go out of his way to act just like the character does.

I completely get this, Lina. We can't be expected to play the role 24/7 while in costume. Sure, people can argue and say that if we coulnd't pull it off, we shouldn't have put on the costume to begin with. But come on, we're human. We're not pros. We do our best and that's all we can offer. Take it or leave it!

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 28 May 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Gaichox:
Don't remind me about last year. Curious have you seen the other fandoms that I mentioned? I still say Naruto tops Hetalia hands down because people will straight up hate you for no reason if you are not doing team seven but guess it varies. I had that impression the previous years at Acen but it died down.

I didn't get this feeling in 2009 or 2010, so hopefully it has died down for good!

View PostGabichox, on 28 May 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

Yes, I have. and as I said, I've had people straight up ignore me at cons and meetups because I only cosplayed Asian or Nordic countries. It's the thing I hate most about the fandom. To me, that's no different than hating you. We've all had different experiences with the popular fandoms but my experiences with the Hetalia one has been horrid mostly because of the perverted aspect of some of the fans. The fact that a girl had her panties announced to the world by a cosplayer disturbs me greatly.

I agree that this is ridiculous! What's next? People dressed in Pedobear costumes actually doing lewd things to children? It's an extreme example, but flashing people's underwear and groping still fits in the sexual charges category.

View PostATICE, on 01 June 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

I got weird looks from quite a few people on Friday... which was when I had my Kid Flash/Impulse costume on.. One actually came up and said "The Flash isn't fat!" when I was walking along the overpass. She tried walking away too but I got mad and power walked after her and smacked her and told her that she better think about what she says next time. I saw her again a few times and I just avoided her. I know it may seem wrong to some of you that I did that in retaliation but it felt good because if I hadn't I would have been upset the rest of the day and I absolutely HATE people who ruin things for other people.

View PostATICE, on 01 June 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

She did push me actually, and must have been in the worst mood in history because I've never seen anyone come up to me like that. She was like pissed off when she was walking away too, and I didn't even smack her that hard at all. I've never been known to, but yes she did push me. I wonder if she didn't get her badge or what, because I didn't see her with one. I don't smack or even hit anyone unless they have touched me first, man or woman.

Are you serious??? That person had no reason to make you feel the way you did and I am not condoning her behavior in any way, but seriously, I can't get behind yours at all either. I don't care how hard you smacked her; you still assaulted her. I don't believe you should be putting your hands on people that way , even if in retaliation. If that doesn't get to you, think of it this way: if you had gotten caught, you would have been thrown out, not her, and you would have gotten what you deserved.

#185 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

My boyfriend is a very tan buff Asian guy. He cosplayed as Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender this year.
He didn't have any issues at the Convention because of his cosplay. When we uploaded our pictures onto Deviantart though, one chick kept commenting "Zuko isn't TAN and he isn't CHUBBY either! He should have cosplayed Sokka instead!" It made me so angry! Who cares if he didn't exactly look like Zuko, he was having a balling time and wanted to share his memories on DA. His costume was spot on, as well as his hair, and poses X_X I'm just glad that the people we bumped into Acen were nice and didn't say such harsh remarks.

This post has been edited by IchigoKitKat: 26 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#186 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

I fortunately haven't had any real rude "fans" yet. To those that have insulted you I am sorry. I mean it's okay to dislike someone's work but to go up and insyult someone is plain rude. I take that back on no one insulting me, one person told me "I wasn't funny" when I was Ronald one year, but I just shrugged her off. Some people just need to keep their mouth shut or learn not to be so bitter. I mean her insult wasn't as hurtful as calling someone fat but I didn't do anything to her to justify it. Oh well.

It's pretty rare I find rude people (well to me at least) as most people at the cons are kind. I've had a few cosplayers that have been a little rude, only one I can think of from ACen but mostly at other cons. Either way, they're an extremely low amount.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#187 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

I've always been of the mind that a lot of issues people have of cosplay come from the fact that there's "professional" cosplayers around. Their job is to dress and play the parts of the characters, much like their disneyland counter parts. So when people see altered, nearly perfect, cosplay they tend to figure everyone should look like that. Which makes me worry and wonder about how images are going to be in the future.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#188 User is offline   ShadowYin-Yang 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45136

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

It was my birthday weekend at Kollision last November.

I was being Satoshi/Ash Ketchum(the Sinnoh outfit) and I was chatting with friends b/c we ran into each other.

And then this girl just passed us, saying "Your show is SO overrated!" Now I know that was aimed at me specifically b/c I was the only one that's from an anime plus we were the only ones in the hallway at the time; and beside me was Professor Layton(from a game), a non-cosplayer friend, and Jesus.

I think that was probably my worst experience in regards to rude cosplayers which I find not that bad compared to others I've read here. In all honesty, I've always did worry someone's going to say something about my race(I'm Chinese) or height(short as heck). I often cosplay white male characters and I always hear stories of these rude people so I guess I'm kinda lucky I haven't heard anyone say anything about either of those things that I originally worried about (yet) in person or on DA.
ACen 2014:

Confirmed:
-Ash Ketchum (Sinnoh/DP) (Pokemon)
-Louise Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

Maybes:
N/A

#189 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

The internet makes a lot, not all, feel as though they have a no restriction opinion and can say whatever they want, not considering the after effects. So you see people on DA and 4chan say mean things and their attitude is 'well its the interent,' since they dont have to fear human interaction in their eyes.

I keep stuff to myself, so if I see a cosplay I don't like I won't mention it, because I feel there is no such thing as bad cosplay, just lazy people or bad people. But there is room for improvement.

Hey I seen you and your bf lina, he rocked! I took a picture with him, I was either Swiss or America with the gun.

Shadow if you crossdressing Cloud, I would so fangirl and ask for a picture.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#190 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostIchigoKitKat, on 26 June 2011 - 11:22 AM, said:

My boyfriend is a very tan buff Asian guy. He cosplayed as Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender this year.
He didn't have any issues at the Convention because of his cosplay. When we uploaded our pictures onto Deviantart though, one chick kept commenting "Zuko isn't TAN and he isn't CHUBBY either! He should have cosplayed Sokka instead!" It made me so angry! Who cares if he didn't exactly look like Zuko, he was having a balling time and wanted to share his memories on DA. His costume was spot on, as well as his hair, and poses X_X I'm just glad that the people we bumped into Acen were nice and didn't say such harsh remarks.

I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah I hate it when people say "oh you should have been (inset character here) instead!" I see it all the time on sites like DA and other cosplay sites, and I feel so bad for the victim of that. I mean have they thought that maybe your boyfriend DIDN'T want to cosplay Sokka? Shouldn't they just appreciate the cosplay like normal fans? Whenever anyone cosplays (spectacular or not) I always appreciate it because they did what they could with what they had. I really don't like it when people get so picky like that. You don't HAVE to look like the character, because no one does. When last I looked, the world wasn't full of animated characters. Cosplay is about brining the anime/game to life, not criticizing others on how they look--the real world does that too much already and when we're at cons aren't we supposed to forget about the world for a weekend and just focus on having fun and meeting people that share the same interests as us? O.o
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#191 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

I hate when people go racist on cosplays. I saw an african-american girl cosplay as Sailor Venus once, and it was the best Venus cosplay I ever saw! She even wore a wig and had an orange sailor suit, not yellow (the two often get confused). i will admit i sometimes get a little infuriated when people don't wear necessary wigs, but if you're gonna buy one or it was last minute and weren't able to get one (or something like that) then I understand. But if you just don't wear a wig, I get a little mad, but I don't say it TO the person, I keep it to myself or at most, whoever is near me and sees that cosplayer. But I hate it when people totally bash someone because of their race or built.
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#192 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 27 July 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

I hate when people go racist on cosplays. I saw an african-american girl cosplay as Sailor Venus once, and it was the best Venus cosplay I ever saw! She even wore a wig and had an orange sailor suit, not yellow (the two often get confused). i will admit i sometimes get a little infuriated when people don't wear necessary wigs, but if you're gonna buy one or it was last minute and weren't able to get one (or something like that) then I understand. But if you just don't wear a wig, I get a little mad, but I don't say it TO the person, I keep it to myself or at most, whoever is near me and sees that cosplayer. But I hate it when people totally bash someone because of their race or built.

I agree seeing cosplayers you don't know with a "bad" cosplay you can't blame. Because you don't know their story behind it. It's like when you're driving and someone gets ticked at you and honks when you don't go fast enough when the light turns green or tailgates you. You don't know, they could have had a bad day at work, or they found out their loved one is in the hospital, you never know. It's the same with cosplayers. Maybe their wig didn't come on time, or their cosplay couldn't get done in time. And I hate the racism too--I think a lot of rude cosplayer opinions comes from jealously. I know it sounds cliche but I really think it stems from that. They try to hide it by saying your cosplay is terrible when it's not. "sigh*
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#193 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Yep, and I see many lovely cosplays done by African-Americans, it seemed strange at first since most anime characters have fair or a peachy skin tone, but once you get past it and actually look at the cosplay, you don't even realize anymore. And even if I get jealous of a cosplay, I pout (with a smile on my face, kind of like I'm joking) about it, but then I compliment the cosplayer when I get a chance. I don't bash like some other people do. *cough cough. Stares around the room the look for no one in particular, blink*

#194 User is offline   ShadowYin-Yang 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45136

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 27 July 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

The internet makes a lot, not all, feel as though they have a no restriction opinion and can say whatever they want, not considering the after effects. So you see people on DA and 4chan say mean things and their attitude is 'well its the interent,' since they dont have to fear human interaction in their eyes.

I keep stuff to myself, so if I see a cosplay I don't like I won't mention it, because I feel there is no such thing as bad cosplay, just lazy people or bad people. But there is room for improvement.

Hey I seen you and your bf lina, he rocked! I took a picture with him, I was either Swiss or America with the gun.

Shadow if you crossdressing Cloud, I would so fangirl and ask for a picture.

I think it's attitude like that makes me think half the people on the internet are 13 year olds. Not to say all 13-year olds are like that but the only thing that immaturity is telling me is that they're brain hasn't developed very far or something...

Lol thanks, that's flattering!^^ I plan to finish it for next Acen, since I've had this costume planned for a while. I'm having problems with the sash and bow and need to style the wig, but other than that I'm almost done!

View PostOtakuChica, on 27 July 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

Oh gosh you just reminded me of something my friend went through(though I wasn't there for it). She's also african american and she said she wanted to cosplay as Belle from Beauty and the Beast but another "friend"(later, almost everyone turned their backs on her for many, many reasons) rudely said, to her face and another friend, that she shouldn't b/c she's black and should be Tiana. I was completely appalled and couldn't believe someone from our college cosplay club would say such a thing.
To be honest, I admit that since I wasn't there I didn't want to immediately believe it but...mean-friend likes talking bad things about her supposed-friends to me or anyone and I just didn't like hearing her bad mouth these people that I couldn't help but believe that story at that point.
ACen 2014:

Confirmed:
-Ash Ketchum (Sinnoh/DP) (Pokemon)
-Louise Belcher (Bob's Burgers)

Maybes:
N/A

#195 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Surprised I haven't posted in this thread.

For 3 out of my 4 years at ACen I have cosplayed as Tenchi Masaki. My first attempt was rather funny, but it was my proverbial cosplay cherry popping so I wasn't the best. Ladies contain your orgasms. I was mad when I was told I didn't look like him, but I just let it fester inside until it dissipated. Wasn't a horrible experience, but I haven't used the costume since BECAUSE...

Next year I had a better outfit. Again contain the orgasms. When I was catching my breath I was chatting with a passer by and he like my costume but... said it was too plain clothes looking. I mean come on, who else has an outfit like that? FFS people. But it wasn't that bad, I knew I looked good and didn't give a crap.

This year on Sunday, I was a bit drained and out of it so I wasn't 100% commited to the outfit, so I wore jeans, my hair wasnt tied, and I was wearing my glasses. You know the drill. I was told by a passer by that my pants were not right but I told him the situation and he was like "Aww alright".

So the moral is don't get discouraged by these folks. Everyone for some reason like being an arsehole (I'm no exception to this) and you learn to take punches.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#196 User is offline   Ashe Wednesday 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60778

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

I've been in so many conversations turned arguments/flamewars/etc. and all this time I've held the same belief: cosplay is fun. You're supposed to have fun! I never understood all the hate on cosplays that don't meet your standards. I've seen plenty of cosplays I didn't like. Did I feel the need to be rude and tell them what I felt about their work? No. For the longest, I didn't want to go as anyone who wasn't darker skinned because I'm black and the last thing I want to do is to put a racist jerk in their place. Now, I don't give a toss what people think about me, my costume or my attitude. If they insist on being an arse about it, I've been told I have a sharp tongue and can make a person feel like crap just through my words...or I can walk away, it depends on my mood that day (and the character I'm portraying).

And I don't care how good, janky, expensive, goodwill-centric your cosplay turns out to be. If you are having fun, that is ALL that matters. And if you are a character I recognize or in an outfit I like or are just a cool human being, I will happily take your picture.
"Ayy, what it do?"
"You called me. You tell me what it does."

#197 User is offline   cosplay love monster 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 39777

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

View PostOtakuAngelD, on 07 June 2011 - 12:17 AM, said:

For me, I know I owe the Saturday crush of Hetalia cosplayers at the photoshoot an apology. For my huge wing prop and my inability to take it off. This was a bit of rudeness on my part as I know for a fact that it got in the way quite a few times and I know I must have knocked a few people with it. For that, I am truly sorry. From now on, regardless of time constraints, I'll be more aware and try to find a reasonable place to stand or store large props if I am taking them to a photoshoot. I would also like to thank them for letting me be involved, since my America was so...well...not canon is any way, shape or form. They could have easily told Steampunk Civil War America to shove off, but they didn't.

Again, I am sorry for the rudeness and the troubles cause by my prop.

I will do better.

Your wing bopped me in the head several times. I think if it weren't for that we wouldn't have ended up being friends. xD I really don't mind it when people bump into me at conventions, as long as they don't just bash into me full force, head on. I'd rather get a bruise on my face than risk my costume getting destroyed. I know we are all having fun here, but a part of one of my costumes that cost me literally $300 was pretty much disintegrated by careless pedestrians. Some of us put a lot of time and money into our costumes and although i stick out a few more inches than most at the shoulders, I have the courtesy to twist up to 90 degrees to avoid ruining other peoples' hard work. and if I DO bump, i apologize. :P

but yeah I never have been told i wasn't allowed to cosplay anyone i wanted to, however I HAVE been told that I don't belong in the fandoms I like(despise) to mingle with, told that I am not allowed to like certain anime, and other things like that.

This post has been edited by cosplay love monster: 13 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

JOIN THE ANIME CENTRAL DEVIANTS GROUP ON DEVIANTART!
http://anime-central.deviantart.com
Also, Keep up with my cosplay updates here:
http://spikerommel.deviantart.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/46607

#198 User is offline   Aphex 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27543

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

I went as Iceland this year and somebody asked for to take my picture.
Random person: Are you all right?
Me: Yeah. Why?
Random person: Oh. It's just that I thought you're going through depression or something. You weren't smiling in the photo. *Walks away
Me: ... What just happened...? O.o

The reason I didn't smile was because I was having a bad morning and was stressed. I was running around trying to find 3 of my friends who got lost in the Hetalia group (I couldn't get mad at them... It was their first year at an anime convention and the Hetalia group was pretty crowded).

This post has been edited by Aphex: 05 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

#199 User is offline   Shei Valentine 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10621

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

I cosplay as Angela from Silent Hill 2. She's not exactly a main character, but she does play a fairly important part in the game (even one of the boss battles centers around her). She's also a plainclothes costume (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2308419/), so I never expect to be recognized by anyone other than those who have played the game. That said, I've had at least two occurrences where other SH 2 cosplayers (3 James Sunderlands and one Maria) have said damn near the exact same thing to me at photoshoots.

Other SH cosplayers: Who are you and why are you here?
Me: I'm Angela...? (holds up my knife and tries to pose like she does when she's handing it to James)
Them: Fanfic characters don't belong at photoshoots. Go away.

O_o yeah....I couldn't quite figure that one out.
ACen 2014! I'm back, baby!
*New(at least for ACen!) GLaDOS (Portal 2) Enma Ai (Hell Girl Mitsugane)
*Returning, but new and improved* Major Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG)

#200 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

Wow lots of interesting stories in here!

Last year I did a GITS cosplay of Motoko Kusanagi in this outfit.

I dyed my hair purple and got it cut exactly like hers, I had everything perfect, maybe it was because I wasn't in her typical combat outfit but I got a bad vibe from someone taking pictures. It is hard to explain but when he stopped me for a picture he seemed disappointed somehow that I was the only Motoko he had seen so far. It was like "Hey you're the only one I've seen so I guess I'll take a picture." I don't know what the issue was but it made me feel really self conscious. My costume was spot on with a real leather replica jacket, red contacts, purple hair... am I not skinny enough? Is it the wrong outfit to cosplay her in? I'm going to reprise the cosplay next year, and I've been working out so maybe that will help. I just hope it doesn't happen again. I usually don't care what people think, but that one really hurt me.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#201 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59774

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostKrystal, on 15 April 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

This story actually turned out not to be a rude cosplayer (like I thought at first), just funny as heck. It was my first Acen, 2008. I was Lucy from Elfen Lied, and I had on the black dress outfit and the mask from the first episode.

So, this L cosplayer stops me, and this is our conversation.

L: Why did you bring that?

Me: Huh? It's from the anime?

L: Yeah I know, but it's the completely wrong time for the prop. You're wearing the outfit she wears at the end. If you wanted to use that prop, which is from the beginning, you would have to be naked.

Me: Well I obviously can't-

L: You know what? I'll give you this. It IS a good prop, and it'd be a shame to waste it. If you want to cosplay more "accurately", here's my room number. *Gives me room number and walks away*

Me: ....0_o What just happened.

LAAAAAAAAAAAWL
OH MY GOD THAT'S SO GREAT XDDDD
I haven't had a rude comment yet, and if I were to get one for my Medusa cosplay (which I made IN ONE PIECE)
...lets just say I would get REALLY into character and they would get a vector arrow to the face XD

This post has been edited by eat_me_for_I_am_peeps: 27 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Need some Rave Gear? I got you! http://kittyandquinn.../kittysravegear

#202 User is offline   ravenfinch 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61043

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

no but let a witch tell me my torakaka isn't right in character snatch her head off and say she never really shown show how the freak do you know and let the church say AMEN

#203 User is offline   bulbasuarbabe21 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59755

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostKrystal, on 14 April 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

At Ohayocon this year, I had a 5 foot wrench plush as my Winry prop (Pic is on my profile), and this one girl asked for my pictures. As I started to pose, one of her friends, who was really hungry apparently, said "No! I'm starving! There will be better Winrys, with real wrenches!" and they left without taking a picture.

Rudest moment at a con EVER for me.

thats soooo r00d!!!

#204 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Postbulbasuarbabe21, on 29 March 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

thats soooo r00d!!!

That's so mean! If she wanted a picture she should take one! Her friend sounds so rude! You think she could've waited another not even 30 seconds so her friend could take your picture, I'm terribly sorry that happened to you.

#205 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

I once got a threat online over my cosplay. A person said they wanted to "kick me in the throat" on a photo of my Misa cosplay. Apparently this person had a bad experience with a Misa cosplayer, decided all Misa cosplayers were like that, and saw it as appropriate to harass and threaten them online. Needless to say, this person was reported, blocked, and the comment deleted.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#206 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostSanta Finland, on 07 April 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

I once got a threat online over my cosplay. A person said they wanted to "kick me in the throat" on a photo of my Misa cosplay. Apparently this person had a bad experience with a Misa cosplayer, decided all Misa cosplayers were like that, and saw it as appropriate to harass and threaten them online. Needless to say, this person was reported, blocked, and the comment deleted.

I seen this happen on FB and it annoys me. I'm glad it hasn't really happened here or cosplay.com.

I remember lurking on tumblr for pixiv fanart and came across someone making fun of a PS from one of the previous years of Hetalia. They were making comments about how said cosplayers looked nothing like the nations from the anime/manga.

Yeah like people are going to not only be Finnish, but blond, blue eye, male, and look like Finland too.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#207 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've never really experienced any harsh negativity towards myself in any of my cosplays. Most people are pretty nice but some people can be really creepy and pushy. When I went as Faye form CB one year, I had to go to the bathroom and was on my way in and someone asked me to stop for a pic. I really had to pee. x___x I told the guy sorry but I have to go and he said he would wait or follow me in there... wait..WHAT!? Luckily when I got out of the bathroom he wasn't there. And when I went as Lust from FMA I was told that my boobs were not big enough. :lol: Wow...

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#208 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 07 April 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

I seen this happen on FB and it annoys me. I'm glad it hasn't really happened here or cosplay.com.

Well, this was on cosplay.com. But for the most part photo comments there are quite nice although there are some jerks on the forums.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#209 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Jerks seem to exist all over the place. I think my least favorite comment I saw about another cosplayer, and I think she was doing a FF character, can't recall the name, either from 3 or 4. Anyway point being, the girl was wearing glasses and the commenter pretty much was along the lines of, "If you wear glasses you're not pretty enough to play (Insert character name here) get out of here you (Insert term for female dog and coughs female body parts). You're an ugly ho..." Not suprising it was annon. The owner of the LJ where this was decided after this to not allow annons on, but I felt rather bad for the cosplayer. She clearly did a lot of work on the character.

Pardon the Pause

#210 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

I'm reading this and starting to hate myself because i'm at times at both sides. I'm a bit anal when it comes to making things. Obessing over every detail like it's my final hope to save myself. I end up being mad at myself if it's even alittle off. which just makes me come off as rude i guess. Then on the other side i've dealt with people who are just plain rude or offended when asked for a photo, or of "who they are" I mean, ok.. i get it. Some people are tired after being grabbed 50 times in 20 mintues for pictures while shopping or trying to get to a panel i get that, but the attitude is more like i've offended them by the mere fact that "I" would dare to even speak to them. I'm sure a few of you have gotten that as well that "sneer" of how dare you, why should i? Then again on the flip side it does suck when your trying to make it to a panel and you or a friend are grabbed or shouted down or in one case(my friend was pedobear) mobbed and nearly torn apart. That would sour me for a few hours. It's like this odd balancing act that's going to fail some how. We all know fandom tends to override common sense in most yet we are still expecting 25 or younger hyper fans to behave like their ages and not turn into prima dona's or commit act's of assult "because omg she's so cute i have to glomp her"

I know a bit off topic perhaps but its just this odd mindset that being in cosplay somehow makes you both above the fray and yet drags you 5 feet under the surface all at once. Your part of the con, hell we are the con for many, yet we tend to be apart from the con due to the people wanting to see you, interact or just be rude to insult your ablities or lack there of and how they are vastly better at this because of 'blah blah blah" detail. Am i wrong on this rant? Or do others feel i hit on something or didn't even hit hard enough?
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users