Anime Central Forums: Rude Cosplay Fans - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude Cosplay Fans Or People that like to tell you that You're doing the charcter wro

#151 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

View PostJimTacticZ, on 27 May 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Wow, now I know what my sister was talking about when she said she hated the Hetalia photoshoot. She also exclaimed all the perverted comments. She says she hates the fandom of Hetalia.

I know what you mean~ It was my friend's first time at a Hetalia photoshoot and apparently she had a horrible time too DX Though mostly it was because of how ignored she was because she wasn't the typical "Spain, France, England etc." cosplay. I have always hated that about the Hetalia fandom. If you are a Nordic or an Asian country, you'll hardly ever get called for a photo. My friend said that the girl running the photoshoot on Friday told her to get out of the gakuen hetalia photo because Korea didn't count... even though she was wearing the official Asia class uniform >__>... I don't know if she posted here yet about that but that pissed me off just hearing her talk about it.

Speaking of Hetalia fandom, it wasn't just this year that was bad. Last year when I was there, I had plenty of rude experiences happen to me and my friends. It was because everyone thought it was cool to be in character and have no regard for common courtesy. I tried talking to some Prussia cosplayers but they kept acting rude to me. Not only that, one Prussia was going around lifting up girls' skirts. A friend of a friend had her skirt lifted up and the Prussia exclaimed something about her underwear out loud to the Germany standing next to her. The poor girl was so distressed that she went back to her hotel room and wouldn't come out for the whole day DDX I was sick and not in a right state of mind to realize what was happening until too late. I've had my experiences with 'popular' fandoms but I believe Hetalia has one of the worst right now. Just because some people can't understand the term 'personal space'
ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Yamada Aoi - Working!!
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] Saria - Zelda / Agnes Oblige - Bravely Default
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#152 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Gaichox:

Don't remind me about last year. Curious have you seen the other fandoms that I mentioned? I still say Naruto tops Hetalia hands down because people will straight up hate you for no reason if you are not doing team seven but guess it varies. I had that impression the previous years at Acen but it died down.

Skogkatt: Whoa wait I wasn't there when they tackled you. I was talking with someone because I would have remembered that! Or when they took your phone! I was talking with some other people and I remember you asking me about special needs and I mentioned that you can go to the registration thing and you was gone :unsure: I tried to find you but I didn't know your name! I was going to direct you but I didn't see you until you did the Norway shoot and then you left!

If I known the 100% details and wasn't distracted then I woulda help you more! I was really tired so everything was messed up during that day! I pmed you about it!

God I'm confused because I'm sick and trying to remember what the heck I said that day! I know I didn't notice it because I am derpy at times! I hate to lose a friendship because of a misunderstanding!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#153 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 28 May 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Gaichox:

Don't remind me about last year. Curious have you seen the other fandoms that I mentioned? I still say Naruto tops Hetalia hands down because people will straight up hate you for no reason if you are not doing team seven but guess it varies. I had that impression the previous years at Acen but it died down.

Yes, I have. and as I said, I've had people straight up ignore me at cons and meetups because I only cosplayed Asian or Nordic countries. It's the thing I hate most about the fandom. To me, that's no different than hating you. We've all had different experiences with the popular fandoms but my experiences with the Hetalia one has been horrid mostly because of the perverted aspect of some of the fans. The fact that a girl had her panties announced to the world by a cosplayer disturbs me greatly.

This post has been edited by Gabichox: 28 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

ACen 2015 cosplay;
I make gams

#154 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostLina, on 25 May 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

This isn't about rude people, but annoying ones.

So those who have watched/read Soul Eater knows that Death the Kid loves symmetry and freaks out when something is unsymmetrical. People kept saying, "You are unsymmetrical" or "[insert thing here] is unsymmetrical" to my boyfriend who was cosplaying an inverted version of Death the Kid to get him to "freak out". It really annoyed me and my boyfriend. My boyfriend likes the character, but he won't go out of his way to act all crazy or super in character because something is "unsymmetrical". He ignored what they said and posed if they wanted a picture. Someone asked him if he liked unsymmetrical things and he said yes. He likes the character, but he isn't going to always act in character. He poses like the character would, but he doesn't go around freaking out that everything is unsymmetrical. I'm sorry if it crushed their hopes and dreams, but he isn't going to go out of his way to act just like the character does.

Reminds me very much of my friends Sven issue. And I think I saw him and you too walking around.

Gabichox: Wait WHAT!? Did she go to IRT about it? I mean...that's harassment right there. Holy hanna.

This post has been edited by Dark Spellmaster: 28 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#155 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

View PostGabichox, on 28 May 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

Yes, I have. and as I said, I've had people straight up ignore me at cons and meetups because I only cosplayed Asian or Nordic countries. It's the thing I hate most about the fandom. To me, that's no different than hating you. We've all had different experiences with the popular fandoms but my experiences with the Hetalia one has been horrid mostly because of the perverted aspect of some of the fans. The fact that a girl had her panties announced to the world by a cosplayer disturbs me greatly.

Yeah that what has been making me mad lately. Hetalia is mostly perverted fangirls who are only stuck in their fandom. I was actually groped in the butt by an England cosplayer. I was shocked and speechless but I didn't freak out. I just warned the other Hetalia cosplayers about this one England. I think it's because it's something that happens a lot at Acen and I have no idea what to do about it. I keep hearing more and more bad stories than good stories. This is why next year going to do something from BOF so I don't get noticed just because of how crazy it gotten lately.

Besides me getting into a fight or calling IRT, and then I can't find the person or remember their badge, I have no idea how to fix this issue in the future for anyone else. I just have to be more aware and just warn people. I know people personally who kidnapped people or thought it was funny to be crazy just because 'it's an anime con.' I was in the same situation as you Gabichox. I was kinda sick/running on very little sleep that weekend and the cold ended up hitting me on monday.

I still feel horrible because I should have been the hero and it makes me feel like I'm a bad person.

Another case: I cosplayed Maito Gai in green tight spandex one year at Acen. I was groped a few times, spoken to vulgar, even embarrassed in front of my bf at the time during a Naruto gathering when a Sasuke that I knew said what he wanted to do with his 'Chidori,' to me. Even though I knew the guy it wasn't cool at all. It got worse when everyone piled on this Rock lee kid and then pushed me into the pile and I got smashed up as well. I didn't cosplay Gai again after that. There was other reasons, like how Naruto series was going downhill and how my ex bf used his Kakashi outfit to pick up chicks, but I was mostly turned off by the series on a whole. I didn't want to end up doing that with Hetalia too since I enjoy the comic and blog.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#156 User is offline   tatsumakichan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17729

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

I never got any comments about being IC but I did get rushed by people who took pictures of me.

It was Saturday. I was trying to take pictures of a group cosplay of the Warblers (who was in a hurry it seems) and someone stop me because they wanted a picture of me. I told them to wait until after I took a picture first (which was only a snapshot away) but the guy insisted on hurrying me. I was tired from working at AA all day, plus, just as I finish taking the picture of the cosplayers, something went it my eye. I suspect an eyelash. Then a group surrounded with cameras asking for pictures. I told them "Wait. There's something in my eye!" while I was trying to fix the problem without ruining my make-up and a guy goes "I JUST WANT A PICTURE." So I posed. I hope these people are happy with a picture of me with one eye squinting and in tears.

Also at Ohayocon, I cosplayed Female!Japan (the official version). As soon as I got off the elevators, someone made a remark "Oh, how ethnic!" I wasn't mad, just really confused and slightly amused. What does that even mean? I am also Asian so maybe an Asian in a kimono is consider "ethnic". *shrugs* Still perplexed.

The Fujoshi: Is this you? I liked your Gai cosplay.
Cosplay 2011: X23 (MvC3), Female!Japan (APH)

Blog: http://jenniferkwanart.blogspot.com/
Deviantart: Art Account and Photo/cosplay Account

#157 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

For those that are worried about the photoshoots next year: My cohost and I are going to ensure this kind of thing absolutely does not happen. We are both running it for a reason; there are simply too many people for one person to take care of. Her and I have low tolerance for the kind of behaviour demonstrated this past year, and neither of us are afraid to get in the middle if need be in order to stop it. I personally am extremely disgusted hearing that the fandom has come to this, and I am more than willing to stop any of it from happening.

Needless to say, although my cohost and I may be capable, we will need some help from attendees. If any of you are going next year, DO NOT be afraid to tell me or my cohost that something is happening. Even if we see it just the moment you do, PLEASE TELL US. I don't want anything to go unnoticed, and with a group that big I'm afraid it will. Also, do not be afraid to stop something from happening yourselves. Yes, there may be hosts, which are the "leaders," but if you see something, you should have the conscious to stop it, too. Furthermore, if we need to get IRT involved, we absolutely will. People should not be mugged or kicked in the head over stupidity; that kind of behaviour is ILLEGAL. If someone was mugging you, wouldn't you call the police? This is the same kind of thing.

I'm sorry that your experiences have been so bad that you do not wish to go to another photoshoot. But this concern is the exact reason I'm running the photoshoots next year. Me and my cohost aim to make the photoshoots as comfortable as possible for everyone involved. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me at any time or comment in the Hetalia 2012 thread. As I said before, my cohost and I want to make the photoshoots comfortable for everyone.
Twitter / Tumblr / Epicmafia / myfigurecollection / RebuildOfEvangelion: vaporweva
ACen 2015; NGE Ayanami Rei [bandaged/sleeveless plugsuit] / Panty Anarchy / Ryuuko Matoi

#158 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 28 May 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

Gabichox: Wait WHAT!? Did she go to IRT about it? I mean...that's harassment right there. Holy hanna.

She was too embarrassed and since the hetalia fans all treat this as something "normal", she just didn't know what to do or if people would help :/ Not to mention our whole group hasn't had the best experiences with IRT so we lack trust in them.
But thinking on it more, yes that is clear sexual harassment DX I wish I wasn't jacked up on dayquil so I could've helped.

I wish you luck wenchman. D: Only good leadership can help crazy instances like this. I might want to suggest that instead of just having the leaders up in front where the crowd is, have them around the whole group. Seeing the hetalia group on Saturday, I could tell that it was near impossible to have a single leader watching over the whole mob when it spilled out in all directions. Just leading the Bleach photoshoot was hard to keep track of even though we aren't that big of a group. Have someone watching the back and sides which is where a lot of these incidents tend to go on unnoticed. Though you seem to have a good handle on it already. Good luckkkk!!

@The Fujoshi - You keep saying those stories but I still see Hetalia as the worse fandom. Not only do those things you mention happen at most, if not all cons and meetups for Hetalia, but the fact that these people are cosplaying countries and seem to have little respect for the real thing. That's what makes me hate the Hetalia fandom and deem it possibly the worst 'popular' fandom [that is, until something comes up that outshines them]. I won't get into that though because I know it's a huge wank pot and people seem to have different ideas as to what respect means with this show. Plus there are some incidents that I could mention that I'm sure most Hetalia fans would like to forget about. /sigh/ I'm done ragging on the Hetalia fandom now XDD It's starting to piss me off just thinking about it.
ACen 2015 cosplay;
I make gams

#159 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

View Posttatsumakichan, on 29 May 2011 - 03:44 AM, said:

Yeah that's me *blushes*

Gaichox: Not trying to defend it I was just saying all fandoms are that bad that are popular. Including Hetalia. Many people single out one and it rubs them the wrong way forever, not really considering the good points because they only see the bad points in the series. Yours was Hetalia. Mines was Naruto. Some people think it's PSG or Homestruck. Now if you was a hardcore fan of any of those series would you bat an eye from what I was saying? Probably not.

If you didn't realize it I am one of the most mature fans of the series. I read both the manga and anime and I take pictures of all the countries when I can instead of consider it just a fandom fest. I happen to love the Nordics and Asian countries and Shelly, who has nothing but fan hate for her. The problem with Katt was that I was tired/sick/not paying attention and I was used to people randomly ditching me from photoshoots that I meet.

I already pmed her and we were talking about it and discussing it. It was already stated you hate Hetalia forever and think it's the worse fandom but that's your opinion. I just don't because I don't hate it, I hate a lot of the fans from it and I have seen worse fandoms through the years since I used to watch Gundam wing on toonami. I was around when they used to threaten/flame/stalk and beat girls or anyone who like Relena and Heero over Duo and Heero. Literally beat them with objects or their fists.

Now I think Naruto is the worse fandom ever personally because everyone pairs up Sakura with Sasuke, even though he tried to kill her three times, everyone hates Sai, Sasuke is so awesome in everyone's book, if you cosplay as Rock Lee or someone not from the Aka Aka group you are a lame and deemed nothing, and there are OCs everywhere. Even though the series has been out for a while and it's over-hyped it's still really popular. Also I seen a Hinata get her boobs groped just because they were 'big on the show.' But that's my opinion; it doesn't make it right.

But I'm done though; if you want to keep flaming and bashing Hetalia because you dislike it then that's fine. I still am going to keep on reading the blog and push people away with my pipe if they try to grope me if I do CD Russia next year.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#160 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostGabichox, on 29 May 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

I wish you luck wenchman. D: Only good leadership can help crazy instances like this. I might want to suggest that instead of just having the leaders up in front where the crowd is, have them around the whole group. Seeing the hetalia group on Saturday, I could tell that it was near impossible to have a single leader watching over the whole mob when it spilled out in all directions. Just leading the Bleach photoshoot was hard to keep track of even though we aren't that big of a group. Have someone watching the back and sides which is where a lot of these incidents tend to go on unnoticed. Though you seem to have a good handle on it already. Good luckkkk!!

This sort of thing worries me, too. This is why I'm having my cohost help me. She has done crowd control on IRT before, and is highly regarded as she worked excellently. Hopefully, having to watch over a marching ensemble of 100+ will give me experience here, too... nonetheless, I am still worried, which is why I plan on taking some serious measures to ensure safety, even if I lose my voice by the end of the Saturday shoot. After being kicked in the back and my cohost having been nearly assaulted by an England at the end of the shoot, we are definitely paranoid.

View PostGabichox, on 29 May 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

Not to mention our whole group hasn't had the best experiences with IRT so we lack trust in them.

I myself have had really good experiences with IRT, and since they're everywhere, I don't think it would be too much of a hassle to get their attention if someone is being assaulted (You should have seen some of them running around this past year getting some real nutbags).

This post has been edited by wenchman: 30 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

Twitter / Tumblr / Epicmafia / myfigurecollection / RebuildOfEvangelion: vaporweva
ACen 2015; NGE Ayanami Rei [bandaged/sleeveless plugsuit] / Panty Anarchy / Ryuuko Matoi

#161 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 May 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

I still am going to keep on reading the blog and push people away with my pipe if they try to grope me if I do CD Russia next year.

And this is why my Pirate Spain had a prop gun with her. It was rather effective.

#162 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 28 May 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

Reminds me very much of my friends Sven issue. And I think I saw him and you too walking around.

Did we look like this?

https://fbcdn-sphoto...3_6196807_n.jpg

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#163 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

A set of fans I really dislike is people who only watched the anime, read the manga, or read a small part of something and give out really right wing facts or information or say the whole series is based on just the anime/manga/novels.

It's like with Haruhi, Hetalia, To Aru no Index, Welcome to the NHK, Sumomomo momomomo and SZS.

I had stuff like from Hetalia "China doesn't get groped by Korea! He only gropes Japan and he was only interested in Japan!" and "There are no pairings in Hetalia! Fangirls are making them all up!"

Haruhi "Itsuki isn't gay he's 100% straight!"

To Aru. "There are no lesbians!"

SZS: "So and so character doesn't exist!" When so and so character wasn't introduced in the show yet and only the manga.

But the funniest incident was when this guy told me that Loveless wasn't gay and it was just influenced by rabid fangirls.

I wanted to laugh so hard in his face. I showed him quotations from the manga and told him off the bat about Kio and how Soubi really lost his ears.

He had nothing to say after that, just dismissed me.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#164 User is offline   Sailor Anime 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19583

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 30 May 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

To Aru. "There are no lesbians!"

:I Really now? (Sorry, don't have anything else to add. That just struck me as hilarious that people would deny that there are lesbians in To Aru XD)

This post has been edited by Sailor Anime: 30 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

#165 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 30 May 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

A set of fans I really dislike is people who only watched the anime, read the manga, or read a small part of something and give out really right wing facts or information or say the whole series is based on just the anime/manga/novels.

I hate people who do this in real-life situations even more.

#166 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

View PostLina, on 30 May 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Yep that was you and him. I was like...wait...was that kid death gone negative? I was impressed by it.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#167 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

@fujoshi - pleaseee do not start using the "it's your opinion" excuse now this late in the game.>___> That is the main reason why I started defending myself on why I thought it was bad. Way to make it seem like I was just speaking for the heck of it. I only started pointing out the bad points of the Hetalia fandom after you kept relentlessly saying how wrong I was and how Naruto or what have you was way worse. Unless I was wrong and you totally respected my opinion on the worse fandom from the beginning. I admit that I shouldn't have been egged on to explain why I hate the Hetalia fandom (and read, hetalia FANDOM, not the series itself. I never said "I hate Hetalia". I've been a fan ever since Himaruya started posting it) I just hate that you kept posting why you thought the Naruto fandom was worse, making it seem like those who thought different were just not used to popular fandoms.I said I was done talking about it before but now I really am. Let it rest in peace. Sorry to those that are tired of seeing this lol. I'm good now.

On another point, yeah man people have been saying loveless is not shounen ai for years. My friend told me the same thing "loveless is just distorted by fangirlssss!!" I was just like ".... Have you even read it?" :/ it's sad when people try to deny legit shounen/shoujo ai in series.

I hate fans that take pictures of cosplay on a sidewalk... Why block people's ways?!?!? I had to walk on the street sometimes because people kept taking cosplay pictures on the sidewalk urgh
ACen 2015 cosplay;
I make gams

#168 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 30 May 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

Yep that was you and him. I was like...wait...was that kid death gone negative? I was impressed by it.

I'm glad you liked it! He LOVES wearing it every year. Even more than his regular DtK. He actually took precise measurements as well. He took screen shots of DtK in the anime and measured the stripes to get the right measurements. XD He didn't bring his skateboard this year though. Maybe he will next year. I sent Todd Haberkorn a couple of pictures of it about 6 months ago and he really liked it. My boyfriend is very proud of it. -^____^-
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#169 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:57 AM

It's sad to say that Acen this year made me contemplate not cosplaying anymore, if only so that I can have a good time without being judged by people who have to tell me my costume isn't the best, or that I'm too big to cosplay. Neither of these are nice things to say, especially since this costume is the first thing I've ever sewed in my life, and I think I did an ok job... It's just ridiculous how many times I was stopped by people only to have them laugh at me, or say some other rude remark. It really irked me to be treated like filth, when we were all just there to have a good time... and don't even get me started on the prom kids I ran into... sheesh... Honestly, it's gonna take a lot of self esteem rebuilding to get me to wear another costume.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#170 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

View PostRanko, on 01 June 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

It's sad to say that Acen this year made me contemplate not cosplaying anymore, if only so that I can have a good time without being judged by people who have to tell me my costume isn't the best, or that I'm too big to cosplay. Neither of these are nice things to say, especially since this costume is the first thing I've ever sewed in my life, and I think I did an ok job... It's just ridiculous how many times I was stopped by people only to have them laugh at me, or say some other rude remark. It really irked me to be treated like filth, when we were all just there to have a good time... and don't even get me started on the prom kids I ran into... sheesh... Honestly, it's gonna take a lot of self esteem rebuilding to get me to wear another costume.

This makes me mad. It's plain rude to stop someone just to say you don't like their hard work. Guess their parents never taught they "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" I was lucky that even though my first cosplay was complete crap no one pointed it out. I probably would have cried. Then again, that was a good 5 years ago, when Acen was quite a bit smaller. Unfortunately with more people there's bound to be more jerks who don't know when to keep their mouths shut <_< But I hope you find it in you to cosplay again! Don't let the jerks get to you, and you can only get better from here :) Something I've done is randomly cosplay at the mall (assuming it's appropriate lol). Yes, you'll get lots of funny looks and lots of people will stop just to tell you how weird/stupid you are, but others will stop you to say how cool you are! And if you can withstand the critiques of mall-goers, you can handle any rude comment con-goers make ^^ Just my suggestion~
ACen 2016 Plans
Maki Nishikino, version undecided [Love Live! School Idol Project]
Ryuho Ryu (final form) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#171 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostRanko, on 01 June 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

:/

Yeah I remember a lot of people saying mean stuff like that; going to a K-on cosplayer and saying "WRONG" because she had a different variant of the outfit and no guitar. I really hate when people do that. It's like they don't understand that words hurt, which is why I don't say how horrible an outfit is or how fat a person is because imo everyone can do their best, even if it's a cardboard box that says 'Gundam.' You don't know what day they might be going through and what you think is 'constructive' could be the nail on the coffin.

Gabichox: Nah I respected your opinion. I just thought that you was like a lot of rude fans saying the whole series is dumb just because of the fandom and not because of the series on a whole and they hate the 'series forever' and can't watch it or talk about it ever again in a constructive manner. I hate the fandom myself, I thought you was just bashing the series and not the fandom/fangirls/etc. from it. That is like my pet peeve since someone would bash one series saying how bad it is (without being bothered to be involved with it, don't do the research, etc.) but they like something like "Death note," "GL," etc. and would defend it with a passion. Sorries.

Example: I remember a friend of mine ( well ex friend,) said that he would never watch Hetalia because it had too much yaoi in it. I was like "Did you even know the plot? Did you read one strip, etc?" (he was reading Lucky Star back then so I thought this would be up his alley,) and he was like "No but I seen fangirl stories who say it's nothing but yaoi so it must have yaoi it in and you know how much I hate yaoi and it's just the idea is stupid. blah blah blah." *facepalm because he was into Darkstalkers and Gurren back then* If I say anything about Hetalia history wise (like wondering how did Poland take over Moscow back in the 1600s,) he gets into a hissy fit, 'saying I'm going to talk about yaoi.' If I mention anything about Yoko looking easy or Ciel from Tsukihime, who was in a h-game, BAM!

But no more debate! I found a new series to glee over so I'm in a good mood! Midnight Navy! I was like...."OMG! CUTE!" U-1224 is my favorite but so sad! Submarines are so sad though.

So far there are no rude fans for this series >w< Also the USA planes look a lot like America from Hetalia! I thought that was a hoot.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 01 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#172 User is offline   sango659 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 58794

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

I didn't have any "rude" comments, just comments that could have been left unsaid.. lol

I cosplayed Edward from Cowboy Bebop this year and my boyfriend cosplayed Spike.

I had a tomato with me, took the time and liberty to make it look exactly like hers. But I put some fixtures in it (later on realised it was a bad idea because it turned out to be pointless.) and the screen I had was kind of heavy so the box was not really balanced to my liking.

The tomato basically made my edward cosplay, it drew people towards me and my boyfriend because I had it on my head the entire time, holding it with one hand.

Someone downstairs in the Hyatt, said "You're not balancing it. Ed balances it.." Of course she does, I know she does. But this thing isn't balanced and I'm not going to risk breaking my ONE prop. Walking around balancing this thing on my head.
Eventually I started taking more pictures balancing the Tomato on my head, but I was still nervous every time I did (though I didn't show it ;D)

There was also a remark made about my boyfriend's hair not being "poofy" enough for Spike, therefore he was called an "imposter" or..something.. I don't know. My hair was anything but poofy.. But for the most part, I got EXCELLENT comments from fans. Saying I was the best one they had seen in awhile. How they loved the Tomato and how they felt like I really fit Edward's character. I was really surprised to see such a reaction since Hetalia, Soul Eater, Panty and Stocking and various other newer shows have taken over the convention. But it's nice to not run into 50 million of my cosplay xD

ACen 2013: Edward Wong Hau Pepulu Tivruski 4th (Cowboy Bebop) / Re-modeling (0%)
&&
Meryl Silverburgh (Metal Gear Solid 1)/Status (100%)
MAYBE Storm (0%)

#173 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

!

This post has been edited by ATICE: 07 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

#174 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

sango659: I loved you guys! I was the America this year! That's freaking lame <_<
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#175 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

View PostATICE, on 01 June 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

I got weird looks from quite a few people on Friday... which was when I had my Kid Flash/Impulse costume on.. One actually came up and said "The Flash isn't fat!" when I was walking along the overpass. She tried walking away too but I got mad and power walked after her and smacked her and told her that she better think about what she says next time. I saw her again a few times and I just avoided her. I know it may seem wrong to some of you that I did that in retaliation but it felt good because if I hadn't I would have been upset the rest of the day and I absolutely HATE people who ruin things for other people.

I don't recommend physically assaulting people who insult you. Can you say lawsuit? And anyway, by hitting her she knows that her insult got to you, so she gets a level of satisfaction from it too. Better to act like you didn't hear her or just give her a nice deadpan stare rather than rise to the occasion.
Rawr. ♥

#176 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

View PostATICE, on 01 June 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

I got weird looks from quite a few people on Friday... which was when I had my Kid Flash/Impulse costume on.. One actually came up and said "The Flash isn't fat!" when I was walking along the overpass. She tried walking away too but I got mad and power walked after her and smacked her and told her that she better think about what she says next time. I saw her again a few times and I just avoided her. I know it may seem wrong to some of you that I did that in retaliation but it felt good because if I hadn't I would have been upset the rest of the day and I absolutely HATE people who ruin things for other people.

Dude... come on... I don't care what she said, you man up and take it... You never hit a girl, especially one that hasn't physically assaulted you.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#177 User is offline   urbanfaerie 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 5683

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

View Postsango659, on 01 June 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

The tomato basically made my edward cosplay, it drew people towards me and my boyfriend because I had it on my head the entire time, holding it with one hand.

You and your boyfriend were AWESOME! I was the Abby who took your picture at Embassy. :) I can send them over if you like. I did Radical Edward as my first cosplay when I was a little too thin for my own good. So much fun, even though I'm mega tall. You have Edward DOWN!!! :)

I have another comment re:Abby... I've been HEADLOCKED and held by the throat with prop knives. NOT COOL.

I feel bad for the sexual harassment that went on at the shoots that were mentioned. It's one thing if the cosplayer is consenting to those things being said and the poses being made... (AND IS OVER 18... good gosh, it's JUST A BAD IDEA to say stuff like that at photo shoots!)
[ACen 2012 Cosplays/Coordinates: (sooo much Lolita! Classic/Kuro)
Fuu from Samurai Champloo - her last "hurrah" before possible retirement.
Abby Sciuto - with an FMA mini-skirt of doom "surprise".
Izumi Curtis from FMA - It's warm enough to not wear the jacket and I've been dilligent with yoga. :) Hooray!

#178 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

She did push me actually, and must have been in the worst mood in history because I've never seen anyone come up to me like that. She was like pissed off when she was walking away too, and I didn't even smack her that hard at all. I've never been known to, but yes she did push me. I wonder if she didn't get her badge or what, because I didn't see her with one. I don't smack or even hit anyone unless they have touched me first, man or woman.

This post has been edited by ATICE: 01 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

#179 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

View PostATICE, on 01 June 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

She did push me actually, and must have been in the worst mood in history because I've never seen anyone come up to me like that. She was like pissed off when she was walking away too, and I didn't even smack her that hard at all. I've never been known to, but yes she did push me. I wonder if she didn't get her badge or what, because I didn't see her with one. I don't smack or even hit anyone unless they have touched me first, man or woman.

If she touches you first, you have every right to touch her back. (Not saying it's a good idea, but yeah you're within your rights) In a court of law saying she touched you first makes everything her fault, regardless of who got hurt. (Been watching too much Judge Judy lately...) Though I wouldn't recommend fighting. She must have been having a terrible day. You should never lay hands on another person in a violent manner...it amazes me that a complete stranger would walk up to you and do that. Some people these days.
ACen 2016 Plans
Maki Nishikino, version undecided [Love Live! School Idol Project]
Ryuho Ryu (final form) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#180 User is offline   Darksilverhawk 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17462

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I was wearing Saint Tail on Friday for a while. It's an older costume and I don't wear a wig for it since her hair is a reasonably natural color. I walked past this girl who immediately turned around and said, "Are you Saint Tail?" "Yes, I am." "Where's your wig?" She ended the conversation with "Well, I could tell who you are, so I guess it's ok." I was floored. Her tone didn't seem to be intentionally rude, but you don't say that to people.
Cosplays 2011:
Takenaka Hanbei (Sengoku Basara)[Saturday Daytime] ~ Rival/Silver (Pokemon HG/SS)[Saturday Evening] ~ Miku Hatsune (Festival of Asylum)[Friday] ~ Lolita [Sunday]
Livejournal ~ Cosplay.com ~ Youtube

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users