Anime Central Forums: Rude Cosplay Fans - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude Cosplay Fans Or People that like to tell you that You're doing the charcter wro

#121 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

To the girl that wanted a hug from me while I was in my Blair cosplay: I'm sorry I didn't seem too into your hug, my hat was just kind of obnoxious and it's hard to get it to sit just right on my head. I didn't want to bump the brim of it on you and have it fall off or something. It seems to take forever to get it to sit just right on my head with the wig and stuff. I know that seems lame, but true story. :/

#122 User is offline   OnionKnight 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60512

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostGabichox, on 23 May 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

WHAT!? You had an awesome costume and were an awesome Onion Knight ;A; Those people had to have been just joking around with you :/

Thanks so much! I was super paranoid because this was my first convention/cosplay, but I figured they were just joking around for the most part.
ACEN 2011 Cosplay Character: Onion Knight

#123 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostOnionKnight, on 24 May 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

Thanks so much! I was super paranoid because this was my first convention/cosplay, but I figured they were just joking around for the most part.

They better have been joking! You looked so good as Onion Knight! It was such a detailed and well-made cosplay! I never got the chance to take your picture. :'(
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#124 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Speaking of rude cosplayers, I just want to apologize to the couple of people who wanted my picture as Deedlit Saturday afternoon and I declined. I hope I didn't come off as rude or snobby or anything like that and I tried to say "I'm sorry" and give a quick explanation as to why and hope you understand! I was doing a private photoshoot with a photographer and we were on a time crunch and had to run so I had to decline anyone who asked while we were moving. =(

View PostSkogkatt, on 21 May 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

I had the most horrible experience today. I went to the Hetalia gathering, and someone cane up to me and tried to hug me. Being obviously out of character as I'm uke myself, I tried to get away and asked her to please stop, then--it all happened so quickly--I don't know if it wasone or two other people, but someone shouted "Get Prussia!" while I was trying to move away, and then tackles me while I helplessly tried to escape. I have sensory disorders and I hate to be touched, so I felt like crying. When I finally got up, one girl picked up my cell phonefrom te ground and wouldn't give it back until I made my daddy come over and help me. As a disabled kid, it was one of the worst experiences in my life. I quickly changed costumes and I'm never going to ACen as Prussia again. :'(
Fortunately, I know some Hetalia cosplayers are nice. I met a really sweet group before I went to the gathering, and I really wish I had travelled with them. They asked politely to hug me instead of actually touching me, but because I got comfortable with them, I let them pat me.
Also, the Hetalia fans tended to only talk about perverted inappropriate things. As I hate inappropriate talk, I didn't like this at all. I really don't like it when people don't appreciate an anime for what it truly is without the inappropriate fanbase. I also wish cosplayers would be more considerate. I think even if I did get something from the special needs booth telling people not to touch me, they would have ignored it anyway.

That's horrible! =( I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope it never happens again. Too many fangirls need to pull their heads out of their butts and learn some consideration for other people and their personal space and feelings. It's fans like those that keep me away from Hetalia. I kind of started getting into it before it blew up but it's hard to get into anything when you have fangirls screaming in your face (figuratively and literally, lol).

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

#125 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

My daughter was standing by 2 people, and one said she was so cute.

Then the other person said "yeah u can get that off ebay, but i wanted my cosplay to look good, so i made it"

I don't care if u think it looked bad, just don't say it in front of my daughter,. I mean shes little, and doesn't need a $100+ cosplay yet.

she definitely understood what she meant, but she didn't know why she didn't like it.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 26 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#126 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostKasin, on 25 May 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

My daughter was standing by some 2 people, and one said she was so cute.

Then the other person said "yeah u can get that off ebay, but i wanted my cosplay to look good, so i bought it"

I don't care if u think it looked bad, just don't say it in front of my daughter,. I mean shes little, and doesn't need a $100+ cosplay yet.

she definitely understood what she meant, but she didn't know why she didn't like it.

That's awful. =( Criticizing a child?! How petty can you get?
My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#127 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

View Postranefea, on 25 May 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

That's awful. =( Criticizing a child?! How petty can you get?

yeah, i think that added to my daughters anger later during the shoot.

she seems confused when my wife asked her what happened. she said "i don't know why she said it, she just did".

maybe if she comes next year too...i will have some one comission something amazing for her, and i'll just make a cheap cosplay for me.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 26 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#128 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostNurse-Headless, on 23 May 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

Sweetie, you don't know the half of what Hetalia cosplayers are like. I've been to a few meet and greets with Hetalia cosplayers with me as Spain and I just have to say one thing. "Hetalia was completely ruined for me." I once loved Hetalia because it was such a cute show but the fan girls and other cosplayers ruined it for me with how inappropriate they are. Its suppose to be an adorable funny show not a smut fest! I'm so sorry about what happend to you and I highly reccomend you stay clear of them if you don't want to be touched because most will do so without warning. Don't get me wrong though, there are some very sweet people, and I have fortunately beeen able to become very close with some really awesome girls; but I don't plan on cosplaying Hetalia for a while. Taking pictures is what I mostly do now for my friends that still cosplay Hetalia.

Psh.. This is the same reason I can't stand Kingdom Hearts.. I use to be a big fan, huge fan, and I still would be if it weren't for the fanbase.. = 3 = Because it's impossible for any male in that series to simply have a best friend..
ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#129 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

View PostKasin, on 25 May 2011 - 04:18 PM, said:

yeah, i think that added to my dasughter anger later during the shoot.

she seems confused when my wife asked her what happened. she said "i don't know why she said it, she just did".

maybe if she comes next year too...i will have some one comission something amazing for her, and i'll just make a cheap cosplay for me.

That just makes me so sad. =(

Do you have any pictures of her cosplay? I'd like to see it. =)

View PostPashy-chan, on 25 May 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

Psh.. This is the same reason I can't stand Kingdom Hearts.. I use to be a big fan, huge fan, and I still would be if it weren't for the fanbase.. = 3 = Because it's impossible for any male in that series to simply have a best friend..

Oh, man, I know. I still LOVE Kingdom Hearts, but I've fallen away from the fanbase for this reason. I mean, it's one thing to do a little bit of slash during the gatherings and such - a little something for everyone should be included (hell, I'm not a fan of it but I have done some RikuSora poses), but the fanbase has gotten to where it's getting hard to find anything BUT slash. ><;

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#130 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

This isn't about rude people, but annoying ones.

So those who have watched/read Soul Eater knows that Death the Kid loves symmetry and freaks out when something is unsymmetrical. People kept saying, "You are unsymmetrical" or "[insert thing here] is unsymmetrical" to my boyfriend who was cosplaying an inverted version of Death the Kid to get him to "freak out". It really annoyed me and my boyfriend. My boyfriend likes the character, but he won't go out of his way to act all crazy or super in character because something is "unsymmetrical". He ignored what they said and posed if they wanted a picture. Someone asked him if he liked unsymmetrical things and he said yes. He likes the character, but he isn't going to always act in character. He poses like the character would, but he doesn't go around freaking out that everything is unsymmetrical. I'm sorry if it crushed their hopes and dreams, but he isn't going to go out of his way to act just like the character does.

This post has been edited by Lina: 25 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#131 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 23 May 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

KeySmash & Washu: Thank you SO much!!! I wish more people were like you and appreciated the anime for what it was... And Washu, yes, virtual hug is okay. :) I'm sure tackling and glomping are the same thing in my book...but yeah, still no excuse. I was really scared that people would be more like, "That's not RUDE, people always do that!" but I'm so glad you were sympathetic and that makes me feel a lot better. Thank you so much! Also, you mentioned Naruto? I don't know if it's just because Doctor Who isn't an anime that it was different, or if the different fandoms tend to have more erratic fans than others? Do you know if anyone's ever compiled...like...a list?

On a completely different note, one thing is that people tend to ask you for pictures when they like the character and not when they like the costume. People liked my Prussia costume just because it was Prussia, even though it was a casual closet cosplay, and Norway may get no love, but I actually sewed that one and worked really hard on it. Anyone else think that's a bit odd?

Fans love seeing there favourite characters. I do too. But, I also had an experience when they took a picture of me for only the character roll. Different fandoms do have different fans. Bleach photoshoot and One Piece was very chill and organized.

Side story: A man had asked for a picture with us. He grabbed my friend's prop without any permission and expected it to be ok. >:0.
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

#132 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

View PostGabichox, on 23 May 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

Eh the only rude instance I had at acen was when I was walking towards my hotel on Saturday night in my Mio cosplay. As I was walking across the convention center someone pointed to me and said "Wrong!!"
It didn't hit me until after I met up with my friend a minute later because I try to block out people at night. I honestly had no clue what was wrong with my costume aside from the fact that I'm not skinny. :[ I didn't really care that much afterwards though lol. I was just surprised that that person had the gull to point to me, say something rude then run away.

>:0 I still want to give them a piece of my mind! I thought your costume was the best Fatal Frame costume ever. You put time and effort into all your costumes and each one of them coming out beautiful.
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

#133 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:41 AM

I knew when i cosplayed Deadmau5 id have flak from people as some just do not like the guy. his music likewise.

but i did just as joel zimmerman would do if he heard "deadmau5 suuuckkkkss"

i just flipped em the bird and walked away
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#134 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

@Shokatt: Oh my gosh. Please please please, tell me you went to the head of the Hetalia photoshoot and told her what the heck was going on. That was Way WAY WAY not accpetable, and you had to call in your father, that was just...I can't believe no one took a moement and said, "Hey knock it off." People need to get that we are NOT ACTORS like in Disney world. We're doing this for fun, not for pay. This, plus other things, are seriously making me re think ever cosplaying Hetaila until the craze is over and died down.

@Iron Cheif: Holy Hanna. They insulted a kid...why? What? Would they say that at Halloween? I mean seriously...Jeeze.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#135 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19345

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

To any of you who asked for my picture when my hands were inside of my shoes, and I declined.
I seemed a little bit stressed, and I could tell some of you were irritated that I didn't want a picture taken, but I'm just letting you know that I had to get to my room to change and/or get some things. The only way I could get there comfortably and quick enough was to take off my shoes and hang on to them. Soooo, my cosplay wasn't on, and I had NO time for pictures. I do hope you were able to snag one later though! :|

Also lol, I couldn't really SHOP dressed in my Buggy outfit. Seriously I couldn't move 10 feet without getting 200 pictures.
This resulted in me going up to the room and putting on my normal clothes, but still having Buggy's wig and makeup on. I did this so I can shop, and I do know some of you on the forums were able to see this. XD

ANYWAYS, this guy comes up to me and says - "What is this, casual Buggy? You know there's a more . . . regal Buggy walking around."
I was like. "OH, DID HE HAVE A CAPTAINS COAT AND HAT."
He says "...YES!"
I showed him a picture and said "Yes, that would be me."
So lol at his fail, and he walked away in shame. Rudeness is not a good quality.

" The chaos is over. But I'm sure you too can see the dark clouds on the horizon - Enjoy this brief respite. "

#136 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

I do and they will be posted when i get internet!

This post has been edited by Kasin: 26 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

#137 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

oh and correction she said "yeah u can get that off ebay, but i wanted my cosplay to look good, so i made it"*

i think some bought cosplays look just as good as others. IDK, same as comissioning to me.

#138 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Kasin: WTF? Who would criticise a KID's costume???
PsychoNoble: YES. PWNAGE. Way to show that guy!!!

So, how long does it usually take these popular fandoms to die down? I really do want to wear Norway again; I worked really hard on it.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#139 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

It looks like Hetalia is migrating to Homestuck for the rest of this year. If someone does that again, do not be afraid to shout GET OFF OF ME very loudly and angerily. Sko: I would like to apologize on behalf of the human race for that. Excitement runs high when common sense runs low.

I'm going to be having a meeting with part of my department in about 3 hours to see what we can do for next year.

#140 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

This is a little different, but I ran into a few really...interesting...people who wouldn't break character no matter what. Cosplayers, sometimes you can really overdo this. I witnessed a guy asking a girl dressed as Pikachu a question about whether the door into the exhibit hall was locked (we were all in the area trying the doors to get back to the Hilton the EASY way!) and she just kept squealing "Pika" really loudly. He looked so uncomfortable. It WAS kinda funny, tbh, but if someone asks you a legit question or something, please to be breaking your character. :unsure:
Rawr. ♥

#141 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostKokoro, on 26 May 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

This is a little different, but I ran into a few really...interesting...people who wouldn't break character no matter what. Cosplayers, sometimes you can really overdo this. I witnessed a guy asking a girl dressed as Pikachu a question about whether the door into the exhibit hall was locked (we were all in the area trying the doors to get back to the Hilton the EASY way!) and she just kept squealing "Pika" really loudly. He looked so uncomfortable. It WAS kinda funny, tbh, but if someone asks you a legit question or something, please to be breaking your character. :unsure:

I know exactly who you're talking about. She came up to me late in the con doing that and trying to have a conversation. I was so confused. ._.

Also, lol at people trying to put down a kid's costume. If you feel like you're in a competition with someone possibly half your age, you really need to chill and step away from cosplay.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#142 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

actually...shes 5! so maybe 1/4 her age...lol.

my daughter saying pika pika only...cute.

a grown girl doing it when your stuck trying to open a door, or have a convo...confusing.

i had a convo with sora from kingdom hearts before, i was so confused. Then i was like "wait! he was in character!'. then it all became clear...or hes just crazy.

#143 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 23 May 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

On a side note, I also believe "newer" fandoms tend to be the most chaotic. For example, Naruto fans used to be 90% crazy screaming little pre-teens who thought it was the best thing ever. Then there was Ouran, which got a bad rap because of how many girls went giddy over it. And now there's Hetalia. Whatever the big anime(s) is/are for the year seem to be the most out of control fandom. (Can't say how the photoshoots have been in past years though so I didn't go. I could be drawing conclusions that are totally false, but this is my guess)

THIS.

I couldn't have said it better myself - every year there's the "in" cosplay and every year this group has the most rabid fans. It's something like a fashion trend; everyone know it, it's fresh, and people feel cool for wearing it. Now, I'm not making a blanket statement that everyone wearing the trendy cosplays are doing it because they want to be cool. Hell - I went as Miku for a day last year because I lost a bet with my friends, not because I knew everyone would be wearing the same thing...and I got swamped a few times by other random Vocaloids. T_T But I will say that the more people that cosplay a certain series, the more likely you'll have more, well, "interesting" people cosplaying that series. *chuckles* It's kind of why I mostly cosplay things that you don't usually see, but are still recognizable.

This being said, I'm not telling you to cosplay something different - wear whatever you want! Just use the knowledge and experience you have and factor that into your cosplays. Because like you, I hate random people touching me. <_<

Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
2014 Cosplay ~ Third Doctor, Magishine/Solaris Knight
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#144 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

u forgot deathnote and bleach a few years back.

the army of L's!

but i guess every thing has it's fads.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 27 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

#145 User is offline   JimTacticZ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59998

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

View PostSkogkatt, on 21 May 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

I had the most horrible experience today. I went to the Hetalia gathering, and someone cane up to me and tried to hug me. Being obviously out of character as I'm uke myself, I tried to get away and asked her to please stop, then--it all happened so quickly--I don't know if it wasone or two other people, but someone shouted "Get Prussia!" while I was trying to move away, and then tackles me while I helplessly tried to escape. I have sensory disorders and I hate to be touched, so I felt like crying. When I finally got up, one girl picked up my cell phonefrom te ground and wouldn't give it back until I made my daddy come over and help me. As a disabled kid, it was one of the worst experiences in my life. I quickly changed costumes and I'm never going to ACen as Prussia again. :'(
Fortunately, I know some Hetalia cosplayers are nice. I met a really sweet group before I went to the gathering, and I really wish I had travelled with them. They asked politely to hug me instead of actually touching me, but because I got comfortable with them, I let them pat me.
Also, the Hetalia fans tended to only talk about perverted inappropriate things. As I hate inappropriate talk, I didn't like this at all. I really don't like it when people don't appreciate an anime for what it truly is without the inappropriate fanbase. I also wish cosplayers would be more considerate. I think even if I did get something from the special needs booth telling people not to touch me, they would have ignored it anyway.

Wow, now I know what my sister was talking about when she said she hated the Hetalia photoshoot. She also exclaimed all the perverted comments. She says she hates the fandom of Hetalia.
She is a big fan of it, a true fan who even went as the Fem versions the next day where only real fans could tell them apart. I am going to cosplay Prussia on ACEN 2012 but I'm doing the Black WW2 outfit so hopefully only real fans come up to me and not many people glomp me and tackle me. I'm kind of scared to go to the photoshoot now. It seems very horrifying. I'm sorry
for what happened to you *gives virtual pat*. I'll be there next year to experience the horrors for myself. I've noticed my sister hasn't been so obsessed with Hetalia after that photoshoot also.
ACen 2009 - No cosplay
ACen 2010 - No cosplay
ACen 2011 - No cosplay
ACen 2012 - No cosplay (cancelled due to finances)
ACen 2013 - Marshall Lee

#146 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

View PostJimTacticZ, on 27 May 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Wow, now I know what my sister was talking about when she said she hated the Hetalia photoshoot. She also exclaimed all the perverted comments. She says she hates the fandom of Hetalia.
She is a big fan of it, a true fan who even went as the Fem versions the next day where only real fans could tell them apart. I am going to cosplay Prussia on ACEN 2012 but I'm doing the Black WW2 outfit so hopefully only real fans come up to me and not many people glomp me and tackle me. I'm kind of scared to go to the photoshoot now. It seems very horrifying. I'm sorry
for what happened to you *gives virtual pat*. I'll be there next year to experience the horrors for myself. I've noticed my sister hasn't been so obsessed with Hetalia after that photoshoot also.

Thank you. Yes, I found out that the fandom is very perverted...there's also something going on with the Spain-France-Prussia alliance, so even if you're in WWII uniform, they won't care so watch out. Stay near a Germany or something; I don't think there's much fandom centred around Germany but even so...I really don't know. I'm glad I brought this to peoples' attention, because they seem very aware of it, and my advice to you is to go during the actual photoshoot hours instead of early so that there's an authoritative figure there.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

#147 User is offline   JimTacticZ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59998

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

View PostSkogkatt, on 28 May 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

Thank you. Yes, I found out that the fandom is very perverted...there's also something going on with the Spain-France-Prussia alliance, so even if you're in WWII uniform, they won't care so watch out. Stay near a Germany or something; I don't think there's much fandom centred around Germany but even so...I really don't know. I'm glad I brought this to peoples' attention, because they seem very aware of it, and my advice to you is to go during the actual photoshoot hours instead of early so that there's an authoritative figure there.

I will be sure to stay near a Germany thanks for the advice. I just got my wig for Prussia and I'm excited although ACEN 2012 is in 11 months haha.
ACen 2009 - No cosplay
ACen 2010 - No cosplay
ACen 2011 - No cosplay
ACen 2012 - No cosplay (cancelled due to finances)
ACen 2013 - Marshall Lee

#148 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

Also, how about just rude con goers period?!?!?

Now I hold my gun a few way, like to my side, against my chest, the long way against my chest, or diagonally against my chest.

Either way, you have to run into me, crawl under me, or fall on me, to hit my gun.

At the end these is a spike, like that of a golf club, and it is very dull, and i mean very dull.

I was in the dealer room, and some girl ran into my side, the spike poked her arm, and shes started to give me the evil eye and said "you should really put a cork on that or something".

I said sorry before that comment, although idk why because she hit me, but i felt it was the polite thing to do. I didn't now she would reply in such a mean way, i mean she just got poked.

and i got no sorry "i almost broke your gun", or "sorry for pushing into you while trying to push my way to the front of the dealer".

She continued to give me the evil eye so i ignored her and walked off with friends.

#149 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

View PostJimTacticZ, on 27 May 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Hetalia....fan here (*coughs*)

People will be stupid no matter what fandom you do. It is more obvious when you do popular fandoms though. I remember the first time I was Maito Gai and this Sasuke guy I knew wanted to grope me because I was wearing spandex putting it mildly. In front of my boyfriend and a lot of other Naruto cosplay people. Also a few other guys wanted to do it as well at Acen. The Naruto gathering was compared to the Hetalia gathering but WORSE 2-3 years ago. When I mean worse I mean someone pushed a Rock lee cosplayer down, then me, then like a few other girls piled on the one Rock Lee kid. He was like 13! I just laughed it off because I wanted to scream and people were touching me all over! I just assumed they were 'lost in the moment.'

I used to go to /cgl/ on 4chan but all they do is complain about how Hetalia and Homestruck is too popular and it's full of lames. Uhhhh hello what happened to FMA? Death note? All the Yoko cosplayers being molested? Naruto? Sailor moon? Cowboy Bebop with the Ed being groped? This is why I only go to /cgl/ with a grain of salt and don't bother with it unless I need suggestions, motivation, or really really bored. I mean I feel like I am one of the few anime fans that has seen all the extreme popular fandoms good and bad. I was around when people used to try to do things with Ed from FMA and take him away because it happened in the anime!

Skogkatt: Omg I am so sorry. I wish I found you! I could have been the hero but I couldn't find you or Iggy. :( The friday gathering wasn't as bad as the Saturday! It was Posh and no groping! I was doing America on Saturday and talking with the person running it along with a few others when you vanished. I was worried because I was just talking to you but I just off put it because it seems to happen with me a lot in the past! People talk to me then go their paths without regarding anything so it makes me sad that I didn't read the atmosphere! I feel like crying still over it to this day because I could have been the hero! :( "Like stop you guys from being unawesome!"

OK THAT'S IT! I am doing Denmark and you are hanging out with me if you do Norway again!! I'll threaten people with my Axe if someone tries that stuff AGAIN! If you do Prussia again I'll do Russia and KOLKOLKOLKOL them. I can do the Kols in real life! :0: But don't give up a fandom just because it got stupid! I didn't give up Naruto even after the bad experience I had. Or any fandom! Just stay away from the lame people and make yourself vocal!

I find it funny that everyone I met who likes KH thinks Axel is totally gay and not Sora or Riku. I'm like 'hmmmm.'
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#150 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 28 May 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

Skogkatt: Omg I am so sorry. I wish I found you! I could have been the hero but I couldn't find you or Iggy. :( The friday gathering wasn't as bad as the Saturday! It was Posh and no groping! I was doing America on Saturday and talking with the person running it along with a few others when you vanished. I was worried because I was just talking to you but I just off put it because it seems to happen with me a lot in the past! People talk to me then go their paths without regarding anything so it makes me sad that I didn't read the atmosphere! I feel like crying still over it to this day because I could have been the hero! :( "Like stop you guys from being unawesome!"

OK THAT'S IT! I am doing Denmark and you are hanging out with me if you do Norway again!! I'll threaten people with my Axe if someone tries that stuff AGAIN! If you do Prussia again I'll do Russia and KOLKOLKOLKOL them. I can do the Kols in real life! :0: But don't give up a fandom just because it got stupid! I didn't give up Naruto even after the bad experience I had. Or any fandom! Just stay away from the lame people and make yourself vocal!

I don't mean to call you a jerk or anything, but YOU. WERE. THERE. You WATCHED it all happen as a bystander and you told me it was normal when it was all over. I was the Prussia, remember?
I'm not giving up Hetalia, just the fandom until it settles down. Then I'll take my Norway costume to its second con after wearing it practically every Halloween, Purim, at camp, and in private. (Yes, I love it that much.)
I...couldn't say anything very loud...I was trying to talk but it came out too quiet. You talked to me afterward and you know how freaking shy I am!

vFuture ideas

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users