Anime Central Forums: Rude Cosplay Fans - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rude Cosplay Fans Or People that like to tell you that You're doing the charcter wro

#1 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Was just reading the topic below about cosplayers that seem to act rude when being asked to take a photo for someone. I'd like to point out the flip side of that and ask if anyone has had an experince where you were told you're out of character while in cosplay.

Now don't get me wrong, I think that there is a time to be in character, like a a photoshoot, or a skit, or even when posing for a photograph. But we are not Disney characters at a resort. True it's fun to be in character, but some of the time you want to relax and be yourself. Which brings me to this story.

My friend and I were at acen last year in the main dealers room. We happened to run into an awesome Saya player, who we were talking to while he, in his Sven costume, was handing out some business cards for the table where his girlfriend was working in the Artist Alley. That said, while he was talking he was saying that he needed food, since Sven is hungry a lot, and was offereing cards as part of a job. Two girls walked up, took the card then promptly told him, "You're not in character, you know that right?"

Uhhhhh....I was just shocked that they had the guts to say that. Normally I never think that anyone in Cosplay is in character. So why did he have to be in character in the first place? That doesn't make any sense. I also got a remark when doing my first cosplay as Son Goku from Saiyuki, "Goku smirks, he doesn't smile."

Has anyone else while in cosplay had that happen to them?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

It's because of the whole Narikiri/Cosplay thing that's mainstream in people's minds. I explained what people image stuff in cosplay as well as the levels.

People want to see their characters in real life so cosplay is the only happy medium to do that. When someone is out of character, let it be that they are too fat, too skinny, not caucasian/japanese (especially not the latter,) not acting like said person, it ruins the image that the person has for the character and they lash out.

It's more of a coping skill with life and what they enjoy in the world of moe.

I had this comment before when I did America as well as Gai. I also seen people complain how this person shouldn't cosplay this guy because he wasn't in character or he was too tall or he was just doing the character wrong, like a Shikamaru cosplayer who wasn't lazy and just hung around his gf being goofy and complaining all the time.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 14 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

At Ohayocon this year, I had a 5 foot wrench plush as my Winry prop (Pic is on my profile), and this one girl asked for my pictures. As I started to pose, one of her friends, who was really hungry apparently, said "No! I'm starving! There will be better Winrys, with real wrenches!" and they left without taking a picture.

Rudest moment at a con EVER for me.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#4 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 14 April 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

I'd like to point out the flip side of that and ask if anyone has had an experince where you were told you're out of character while in cosplay.

Yeah, this has happened to me. I was in the dealers room trying to figure out which vendor I was going to check out next and some guy asked to take my picture. Which was fine, other people had asked too. I put down my things and quickly struck a pose and he said it wasn't good enough (like it wasn't in character enough I guess?). At that point in the day, I was just mingling with others shopping so I was kind of surprised that guy had the nerve to say that.

If I was at a photoshoot or something, that comment would make more sense to me. But I was shopping. <_<
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#5 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

I don't see how people can be that way and be so rude. <_<
I guess nobody thought those kinds of people, "If you can't say nothing nice. Then don't day anything at all."

Some people put their blood & tears into making a cosplay.
I may not be "The Best" but Nobody needs to hear negativity that is focused upon them.

If you know me you should know I really don't act in character unless I'm asked for a picture
or at a photoshoot.

"Who pictures a Suigintou passed out in a chair?" :rolleyes:
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#6 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

"Krillin doesn't have a nose!!!"

:rolleyes:

Would you like me to cut it off? Would that make you happy?

I get nothing but compliments about my out-of-character, uncovered tattoos, but people have a problem with normal, human anatomy that doesn't fit the artwork. :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

*whimpers* I'm scared now.... ;_; I can't be in character all the time! Especially when my british accent is still in the making..! D:

I havent been told that I wasn't in character of been told rudely that I sucked at cosplay or something like that. (Guess I havent been to enough cons yet) I just hope that doesn't happen because meanie head people make me sad... :(
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#8 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostKrystal, on 14 April 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

At Ohayocon this year, I had a 5 foot wrench plush as my Winry prop (Pic is on my profile), and this one girl asked for my pictures. As I started to pose, one of her friends, who was really hungry apparently, said "No! I'm starving! There will be better Winrys, with real wrenches!" and they left without taking a picture.

Rudest moment at a con EVER for me.

That is just RUDE! And I LOVE your giant wrench! like they can really find someone that spent better time..ooh i found a wrench in tool kit...whoppee!!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#9 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 14 April 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

That is just RUDE! And I LOVE your giant wrench! like they can really find someone that spent better time..ooh i found a wrench in tool kit...whoppee!!

If I wasn't so catty, I would have cried my eyes out. However, through my keen sense of deduction, I inferred they were all about 200-300 pounds, so whatever they say is probably stemming from insecurity.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#10 User is offline   levelsixtyseven 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59727

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

For Shuto Con 2011 (it's a new con in mi)

I cosplayed as pikachu and a few girls asked me to act like Pikachu. I don't know how an electric mouse rodent acts like! I've watched the series and pikachu just smiles and goes "pika pii?" and wasn't so pleased that people were forcing me to act like a mouse.
Private Photo Shoots for 2011 ACen! CLICK HERE to sign up!

s t a l k m e
website / facebook / cosplay.com / deviantArt / twitter / youtube

#11 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 14 April 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

*whimpers* I'm scared now.... ;_; I can't be in character all the time! Especially when my british accent is still in the making..! D:

I havent been told that I wasn't in character of been told rudely that I sucked at cosplay or something like that. (Guess I havent been to enough cons yet) I just hope that doesn't happen because meanie head people make me sad... :(

Call them a bloody wanker and that you will sic the Britainna beam on them if they complain you are not in character good enough when you are

Heck I don't think my voice can change as much as Al's.....yet. *rubs head*

Or what I have been saying is 'I'm the hero so I don't care what you say!' complete with thumbs up!!!!!!!

Seriously if you are not cosplaying and you are complaining about someone else not in character or you are taking a picture and the pose isn't good enough? It's just as bad as those people who complain that you can't be asian to cosplay Tifa or you can't be black to cosplay Francis!

*pulls out the pipe stolen from Russia*

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 14 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#12 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

I hate when people think cosplayers are supposed to be in character 24/7. It's annoying :/ I honestly have been scared out of cosplaying characters because as much as I know how to pose and such, I'm afraid I'll have to roleplay them every time someone sees me. It's so aggravating. It never fails either. I'll be in cosplay and the only thing people want to address me as is the character. It's to the point where I don't talk because they're expecting me to act like the character /flips table/

Er. Going off of the title of the thread, the only rudeness that has really stuck with me though is whenever people don't respect a cosplayer's privacy. For instance, they bother them while eating, on the phone, going to the bathroom, etc. I have been not so pleased with taking a picture and chatting with a fan while my mouth is full of sandwich. For example! I've been bothered with the out of characterness complaint while taking a break and eating my lunch. I was Luppi and someone came up to ask Luppi a question. I was kind of miffed since I was mid bite. The people looked mad at me for not answering as a happy, cocky Luppi should. /sigh/

This post has been edited by Gabichox: 14 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#13 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

Wow so many people seem to do this. I'm wondering if a lot of it comes from the idea that cosplayers need to be like the preformers at the Disney parks. There they have to act in character until their shift is over, but we are not professionally paid actors...

@Krystal: You're outfit looks awesome. Do people not understand that you're not allowed in some conventions to have real objects like that with you?

@Sir Arthur: Please don't be scared. Being in character doesn't mean you have to have the accent. There's just some people that are like that. I bet you're going to make an amazing Arthur, and I'm sure you'll get pictures snapped.

To everyone else, wow that's a lot of comments that were said by other people. I have to agree with The Fujoshi, that would be epic to do that. I think I'm going to try that as Rinslet if I get any comments on my characterization of her.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#14 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

For those who think that you have to act like your character 24/7- uh, no. You're portraying the character, you aren't THE CHARACTER. It'd be rather torturous to have to portray their exact personality all the time for some characters. Like- do you HONESTLY expect an L cosplayer to always walk around hunched over, hold everything delicately, and walk around the whole con with NO SHOES? And of course, you have your own interpretation of them, and of course, characters in series have different moods, it's not like one personality, copy/paste in every second, since they usually change during the series.

The most recent rude cosplay fan I've had to encounter- I was taking a picture of someone dressed as Tommy, the green Power Ranger, and I overheard someone yell, "NOT ANIME!" To which I yelled back, "SHUT UP" and walked away before he could reply.

You do your best to recreate the character, but do keep in mind that you're still yourself. You should still try your best to be that character at certain points during the con, IMO, but there are limitations in terms of appearance, behaviors, etc. If someone does criticize you, I say don't hesitate to either defend yourself or retort back and then walk away. You can't satisfy everyone, IMO.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#15 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 14 April 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

For those who think that you have to act like your character 24/7- uh, no. You're portraying the character, you aren't THE CHARACTER. It'd be rather torturous to have to portray their exact personality all the time for some characters. Like- do you HONESTLY expect an L cosplayer to always walk around hunched over, hold everything delicately, and walk around the whole con with NO SHOES? And of course, you have your own interpretation of them, and of course, characters in series have different moods, it's not like one personality, copy/paste in every second, since they usually change during the series.

The most recent rude cosplay fan I've had to encounter- I was taking a picture of someone dressed as Tommy, the green Power Ranger, and I overheard someone yell, "NOT ANIME!" To which I yelled back, "SHUT UP" and walked away before he could reply.

You do your best to recreate the character, but do keep in mind that you're still yourself. You should still try your best to be that character at certain points during the con, IMO, but there are limitations in terms of appearance, behaviors, etc. If someone does criticize you, I say don't hesitate to either defend yourself or retort back and then walk away. You can't satisfy everyone, IMO.

Wow that is rude! And this is very true what you said, in the end you have a right to defend your cosplay. No you can't satisfy everyone, but you can at least please yourself. And that's kind of the point in the end isn't it?

Pardon the Pause

#16 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Every time I cosplay a character, I get excited about acting like them, what
their quirks are, how they react to certain things, what they say a lot, etc.

BUT. Expecting a cosplayer to be IC all the time is just stupid.
They're a person in a costume, NOT THE CHARACTER. If they want to act like
them, awesome! If not, that's cool, too. Honestly, it would get tiring to
pretend to be and act like someone entirely different all day long, without
breaking character. If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong.

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#17 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

View PostTENIME_art, on 14 April 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

"Krillin doesn't have a nose!!!"

:rolleyes:

Would you like me to cut it off? Would that make you happy?

I get nothing but compliments about my out-of-character, uncovered tattoos, but people have a problem with normal, human anatomy that doesn't fit the artwork. :rolleyes:

LMAO! It's only that funny to me because I know you. XD

I always assume people are not in character and if they are, it's just a nice touch. It can be tiring acting in character at all times, it's much easier to just be me.

I think I've only had one person say something kinda rude to me, I was cosplaying as the Baroness from the 1980's GI Joe cartoon. A guy asked for my picture, and he said "You're the 4th Baroness I've seen today!" And I said "Oh, but the best one right? HAR HAR" And he said "eh, nah, not really" in a not joking tone. So I stopped posing, stepped out of frame, meanwhile my friends shouted at him "BOOO, NO PICTURE FOR YOU! BOOO!"

I think I won that time. XD

#18 User is offline   DeadCruiser 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 51495

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

I haven't had anybody say anything rude to me just yet, but this is my first year going as a non-anime character. I have a bit of a temper, so I probably wouldn't take it very well if somebody did say something rude or if I heard somebody being rude for no reason to someone else. Last year, I almost punched the photobomb guy with the horse head when he tried to step into my shot of the guy who went as Kratos. I whipped around to see where he went, but he took the mask off and I didn't know which person was him.

But, to stay sort of on topic here, I had something like this happen, but in reverse. It wasn't at a convention, but funny nonetheless. Cirque Du Soleil was in town and they had performers going around the city to promote. I went to one of the places they were at with my girlfriend and I tried talking to the performer, but she would not break character. She was dressed like a weird clown/ring leader and had on a top hat. I remember she didn't say anything, but was acting things out through gestures. There was nobody else around but her and I at this point, too.

I was just trying to ask her what it was like being in Cirque Du Soleil and where she got started. After like five minutes of me trying to get through to her, and I remember this part perfectly....she stopped, put her hand on her chin and looked at me for a few seconds. She was doing that puzzled, squinty eyed look. She made the gesture like "Eureka!" and pointed at me and was gesturing me to close my eyes. So I did. I felt something on my face and she tapped me on the forehead. I opened my eyes to see her grinning at me and realized that I now had a clown nose on.

So, needless to say, my questions did not get answered and I doubt I'll ever have an experience where someone actually refuses to break character again.

This post has been edited by DeadCruiser: 15 April 2011 - 02:30 AM

"Excuse me sir, are you looking for the Columbia sportswear?"
"I YAM!"
Dead Space Lvl. 3 Engineer suit - 100% finished! Finally!
My Dead Space suit videos!

#19 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

No one's said anything to me, then again I could care less.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#20 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

I had a similar comment but I didn't find it rude. I was sitting with some friends and I had nothing to say so I wasn't talking. Someone said "You're the quietest Finland." I simply laughed.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#21 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 14 April 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Call them a bloody wanker and that you will sic the Britainna beam on them if they complain you are not in character good enough when you are

Heck I don't think my voice can change as much as Al's.....yet. *rubs head*

Or what I have been saying is 'I'm the hero so I don't care what you say!' complete with thumbs up!!!!!!!

Seriously if you are not cosplaying and you are complaining about someone else not in character or you are taking a picture and the pose isn't good enough? It's just as bad as those people who complain that you can't be asian to cosplay Tifa or you can't be black to cosplay Francis!

*pulls out the pipe stolen from Russia*

Yus! And when all else fails I'll throw a crumpet at them :D or cry in the corner after I find a francis to beat them...

You'll do amazing Al! :D

That's perfect!

Now now Alfed no need to be rash. Put away the pipe now.

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 14 April 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

@Sir Arthur: Please don't be scared. Being in character doesn't mean you have to have the accent. There's just some people that are like that. I bet you're going to make an amazing Arthur, and I'm sure you'll get pictures snapped.

*teary eyed* I appreciated it..! :'D *cheered up*

View Postnouseforaname, on 15 April 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

I shall follow your example.

Hmm...now that I think of it..The only time where someone criticized me for not being in character was when I was cosplaying Sebastian from kuro and I was basically told that I wasn't acting/being sebby or a butler in general because I wasn't retreiving them various foods, refreshments, books and whatnot when they asked. >:/ Yeah. As if I'll actually get them something with that kind of attitude-snobby and all that.

This post has been edited by SirArthurKirkland: 15 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#22 User is offline   fufuberry 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16806

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Rude people at cons really bug me. I think the worst experience I had was when I was cosplaying Envy from FMA. It was my second cosplay ever and I made the crazy hair out of foam and paint and I thought it looked pretty good. But as I passed someone in a hall he turned to me and said "You did the hair wrong." I was really surprised. Another time I was in the dealer's room as Envy and someone asked me if my homunculus symbol tattoo was real. When I said no, I drew it on with makeup for the cosplay, they looked really disgusted and walked away.

I also think it's wrong to hate on cosplayers just because they don't look exactly like the character. When I cosplayed the witch from left4dead I had some people tell me they were glad I was skinny because if I wasn't "they wouldn't have wanted to see it." I don't see what's wrong with anybody putting their heart and soul into a cosplay and being that character for a weekend, even if they're over weight or don't look exactly the same as the character. The point is to have fun. It shouldn't matter what body type you have.

I don't usually act in character when I cosplay because I would rather be myself at a convention than try and act a certain way all the time. I mean it depends on who you're cosplaying, but it would be really annoying to act like Envy all the time, or any character with a rude/grumpy/quiet/depressed personality.

Also, I have gotten into the habit of cosplaying characters that aren't from animes for some reason. Nobody has said anything to me about it yet, but I'm afraid it will happen soon. I don't understand why it's such a big deal to people, yes it's an anime convention, but it's important to have fun to! And where else are you going to be able to dress as a left4dead witch?!

This post has been edited by fufuberry: 15 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

CoSpLaYs FoR 2o11:
Chie (Persona 4) ~ 100%
The Witch (Left 4 Dead) ~ 100%
Kyoko Sakura (Maho Shojo Madoka Magica) ~ 30%

#23 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

View Postaudaciouska241, on 14 April 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

LMAO! It's only that funny to me because I know you. XD

:P

View Postnouseforaname, on 15 April 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

So you do care?

Or you couldn't care less?

;)

#24 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

View PostTENIME_art, on 15 April 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

So you do care?

Or you couldn't care less?

;)

I WASN'T GOING TO LINK TO THIS, but since you said something:
http://incompetech.c...ages/caring.png

Excuse my grammar Nazi ways, it's a curse. ;_; *bows*

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#25 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

This story actually turned out not to be a rude cosplayer (like I thought at first), just funny as heck. It was my first Acen, 2008. I was Lucy from Elfen Lied, and I had on the black dress outfit and the mask from the first episode.

So, this L cosplayer stops me, and this is our conversation.

L: Why did you bring that?

Me: Huh? It's from the anime?

L: Yeah I know, but it's the completely wrong time for the prop. You're wearing the outfit she wears at the end. If you wanted to use that prop, which is from the beginning, you would have to be naked.

Me: Well I obviously can't-

L: You know what? I'll give you this. It IS a good prop, and it'd be a shame to waste it. If you want to cosplay more "accurately", here's my room number. *Gives me room number and walks away*

Me: ....0_o What just happened.

#26 User is offline   Outsane! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24312

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Not only are some con-goers rude, but fellow cosplayers! I was at a photoshoot last year and the mod of the shoot was excluding a girl out of the shot because her cosplay wasn't "good enough". I honestly could not believe it when I heard her say that. The photoshoots are for everyone - if she wanted a private photoshoot, she should have waited until every left or something.

I have not really experienced a lot of rudeness personally, but that incident above just made me realize the cattiness of the culture.

This post has been edited by Outsane!: 15 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

ACen 2012 Cosplays
  • Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist

Past
  • Erza Scarlet - Fairy Tail
  • C.C. (student ver.) - Code Geass
  • Maka Albarn - Soul Eater
  • Kallen Kozuki - Code Geass

#27 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

View PostOutsane!, on 15 April 2011 - 11:35 AM, said:

Not only are some con-goers rude, but fellow cosplayers! I was at a photoshoot last year and the mod of the shoot was excluding a girl out of the shot because her cosplay wasn't "good enough". I honestly could not believe it when I heard her say that. The photoshoots are for everyone - if she wanted a private photoshoot, she should have waited until every left or something.

I have not really experienced a lot of rudeness personally, but that incident above just made me realize the cattiness of the culture.

Oh heeeeeeell, naw. That is NOT allowed here. What photoshoot was this?

#28 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

@Outsane - Wow!! I mean WOOOW!!! I can't even believe that would happen. It makes me angry just reading about it :/
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#29 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hate is a strong word but I strongly dislike cosplayers who outright say, "My cosplay is better than yours." :thumbdown: No need to stroke your ego by putting people's costume down because you think yours is better.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#30 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

View PostOreo_Otaku, on 15 April 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

Hate is a strong word but I strongly dislike cosplayers who outright say, "My cosplay is better than yours." :thumbdown: No need to stroke your ego by putting people's costume down because you think yours is better.

You be shocked on how many people said this I seen from Acen or implied this. I ended up going all BAWWWWW I must be on par down to the colors mentality just from this. Not as bad as much now.

Things like the colors are off, you are missing something, the armor isn't right, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Funny enough when I did Jin last year I was missing gloves...and nobody mentioned it >_>; Thank goodness.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 15 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users