Anime Central Forums: the dreams and nightmares before ACen - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

the dreams and nightmares before ACen anyone else?

#1 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10098

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

(if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it) So, yeah. My dream last night showed me and my friend at our hotel room on Saturday, and it was a few hours away from masquerade time. I had my costume with me, but it wasn't done. But it did show me that I remembered to bring the materials to finish it, which I did. This is probably a really good warning that I should finish my costume so that way this dream doesn't actually happen at the con (very time consuming mainly cuz it's painting, drying and cutting, and don't worry, I use newspapers) And trust me, I would like to work on it right now, but I'm in California vacationing (I knew I should've brought my costume with me to work on OTL) So, anyone else having dreams where they go to the con and have to work on a costume/forgot about it?
Tekosexual

No cosplay plans this year because I won't make it.

add me on Facebook!

#2 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

oh yes me me me

Been having dreams im forgetting to put on my boots/wig/ and various other things. =< it sucks
ACen 16"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#3 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

oh no! I've had dreams like that one as well.
Tekosexual

add me on Facebook!

#4 User is offline   kazixcupcake 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 57648

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

I had a dream that I got to Acen and hadn't brought anything. :/ No costumes or anything. It was horrible. Dx

Ciel Phantomhive[Original Outfit]: 100%
Rei Ayanami[School Outfit]: 100%
Zero Kiryuu[Basic]: 100%
SeeU: 100%

Where can you find me? :: Staying at the Hyatt Thurs-Sun

#5 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:59 AM

I know >w< I'm tired of the Pre-Con dreams they make me feel really rushed and unprepared.
ACen 16"

#6 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

I already had a nightmare that all my cosplays were only half done so I ended up combining pieces of my Yoko and Miku cosplay together.

It was quite....interesting, but boy, was I relieved when I woke up and realized I had 100ish days til ACen, at the time XD
ACen 2015
Arcade Sona(LoL)- 95% [fixing]
Hibki Tachibana(Symphogear)- 0%
My Cosplay.com

#7 User is offline   QuidProQuo 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59559

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

I always end up having dreams where the con turns out to be in the gymnasium of my old high school or something.

And I've forgotten my homework.
I'm your only friend I'm not your only friend but I'm a little glowing friend but really I'm not actually your friend but I am.

#8 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

I always face the dreams where I'm only half finished...but I didn't bring them with me...and without cosplays...I'm naked at the con.....

Altho this year I had a more positive dream. My mom and I just finished picking up all the little things I need to finish up some of my cosplays....imagine how it felt to wake up and realize THAT didn't happen T_T
A-Cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) / Fish Mooney (Gotham TV Series) / Anthy (Revolutionary Girl Utena) / Fluttershy (My Little Pony: FIM)

(No Photos)A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#9 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

Dreamed I had a fun year and one of several things didn't happen:

1) Didn't run out of money due to someone else failing (Such as the room situation and relying on my ex-bf to get me roommates when I couldn't log on/join acen forums. He had three people, his friend lied to them and spread rumors and they ditched at the last minute on the weekend of Acen without telling me. So I had to pay 500-600 dollars and them as well.)

2) Didn't worry about a room like the previous years.

3) Actually had a decent cosplay (Didn't happen til 2007-2008)

IT was AWESOME. Took all the pictures, went to panels, bought whatever without worries, and just had fun without back of my head stress. :thumbup: Also ate chicken and waffles!

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 12 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#10 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

My nightmare takes place when I'm awake.. looking at the sewing machine.. realizing I'm almost done... but then I look at the 'to do' list.....

:zombie:

#11 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19345

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Haha, just had one last night!

I was just arriving at Acen, with my usual friends - when I opened my suitcase, then the car's trunk to find that my cosplay had simply vanished.
What a terrible feeling. I totally remember finishing everything (in my dream) and packing it before we left.
Well it later picked up when we were inside the convention hall and I . . . fused with the Hyatt's wall. Yeahhh, bizarre. XD

This post has been edited by PsychoNoble: 12 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

" The chaos is over. But I'm sure you too can see the dark clouds on the horizon - Enjoy this brief respite. "

#12 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

OHHHHH the To Do List it always gets to me -___-
ACen 16"

#13 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

Oh, this is me this year.

My dreams seems to involve me forgetting things. Which is scary enough because I've done that before at previous ACens. :( Another dream I had involved my cosplay things disappearing piece by piece.

This post has been edited by Rori: 12 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#14 User is offline   Von 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59930

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

My costume is 99% white and I keep having this dream of getting ketchup down the front of it while eating.
The first qualification of a general-in-chief is a cool head; that is, a head which receives just impressions, and estimates things and objects at their real value.  He must not allow himself to be elated by good news or depressed by bad.  The impressions he receives, either successively or simultaneously in the course of the day, should be so classed as to take up only the exact place in his mind they deserve to occupy... - Emperor Napoleon I

See in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend, those with loaded guns and those who dig. -The Good

...but you know the pity is when I'm paid I always follow my job through... -The Bad

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -The Ugly

#15 User is offline   Rival Silver 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59869

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

Oh my god. I have these stupid dreams almost every single night now that it's getting close. One of my cosplays hasn't arrived in the mail yet, and I keep having the same dream that it just doesn't get here in time and I go without it. ;-; It's so sad..

One time before Anime Crossroads, I had a dream that we(6 people) got to the hotel room and it was about the size of a walk-in closet, with NO working lights or anything. And the toilet didn't work. But we stayed there anywhere because we needed a room.

Then they set up big tables of mashed potatoes in a panel room and everybody ate.
Cosplays - Past and Future

Acen 2007 - Moogle
Acen 2008 - Detective Loki
Acen 2010 - Edward Elric

Acen 2011 - Rival Silver(HGSS), Trainer Red

#16 User is offline   animefarie 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18231

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

I have these nightmare's almost once a week! I'm always at Acen and it's always HUGE!!! And I always never have a complete outfit! It's so frustrating!

#17 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Well... currently I don't have a car, and am about 400 miles from Acen... and I keep having the nightmare that all of my friends show up at the hotel and I'm not there to get the room, which is in my name. That, and I keep seeing people constantly mocking my costume.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#18 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

i wish i had dreams more often, then i might have some about acen
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#19 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

I already had one panic attack dream a few weeks ago. Earlier this week, while in the middle of another similar one, my dream self realized it was a dream so it turned into an "I'm going to do whatever because it's a dream" dream instead of an "OMG WHERE'S MY COSPLAY?!?!?!" dream. Now that things are coming together though, I'm not really worried much about ACen so I'll probably stop having nightmares about it.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#20 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

I always have dreams about ACEN being in my old high school, and the floor is nothing but moon bounce.

#21 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

I don't have dreams about ACen but I have forgotten a few little things I'd need from home after hitting the highway. I've been making lists since then to make sure. The night before, I wouldn't be able to sleep due to excitement and trying to get there as soon as possible because traffic is so packed up on the main street.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#22 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

here's my recent one (has to do with the badge this time) I'm waiting in the Will Call line to pick up my badge, and you show the person (who for some reason wore a TSA outfit) your ID, and they find your badge for you. So, I show them my ID, and they told me that I didn't pay fully for my badge or something (and I know I did), so they wouldn't give it to me until I paid the rest of the amount. Makes no sense at all!
Tekosexual

add me on Facebook!

#23 User is offline   Ultra Yak 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 47823

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

In my nightmare i was being chased around by people with paddles telling me that Soap Bubble is the holy land...though that was a good while ago.
ACEN2012, "Ultra Yak!! in GetBack Feeling!"
His little boat coasted into the dock of the city named ACEN. It's shimmering lights made him blind to the chaos that would ensue within.
Soon he would learn that he would get back more than just the feelings lost in the year 2010.
Waiting in the one place he wouldn't look, until...

#24 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

I've had two dreams/nightmares so far this year...

1. My friend picked me up and drove me to the hotel we were staying at. (This is weird because my friend doesnt drive and I'm staying at a different friend's house, not a hotel, this year) As soon as we got to the hotel I realized I left all my cosplays at home. And then I remembered they were at home unfinished. And I started crying and begged my friend to take me back home to get them and she refused...

2. I was getting ready in a hotel with my friend to head over to Acen (different friend than dream 1). We got there and suddenly I was in this cosplay that I've never even considered making, yet was telling everyone I made (It was Fai from Tsubasa). The dream just got weirder from there because the convention hall was like the entrance to a hotel and it was littered with suitcases that I kept tripping over. And then for some reason we ended up in a bowling alley for a tournament while still wearing our cosplays...it was really weird.
ACen 2015 Plans
Friday - Maki (1, 2, Jump!) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100%
Saturday - Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 100%
Saturday Formal Ball/Prom - Maki Nishikino (Prom dress) [Love Live!] 100%
Sunday - Neko [K Project] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#25 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 12 April 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Dreamed I had a fun year and one of several things didn't happen:

1) Didn't run out of money due to someone else failing (Such as the room situation and relying on my ex-bf to get me roommates when I couldn't log on/join acen forums. He had three people, his friend lied to them and spread rumors and they ditched at the last minute on the weekend of Acen without telling me. So I had to pay 500-600 dollars and them as well.)

2) Didn't worry about a room like the previous years.

3) Actually had a decent cosplay (Didn't happen til 2007-2008)

IT was AWESOME. Took all the pictures, went to panels, bought whatever without worries, and just had fun without back of my head stress. :thumbup: Also ate chicken and waffles!

Your dream sounds so wonderful...can I steal it? lol

This post has been edited by Washu Takahashi: 09 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

ACen 2015 Plans
Friday - Maki (1, 2, Jump!) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100%
Saturday - Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 100%
Saturday Formal Ball/Prom - Maki Nishikino (Prom dress) [Love Live!] 100%
Sunday - Neko [K Project] 100%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#26 User is offline   STF 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 24995

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Just recently had my first ACen dream of the year, the dream started out where me and my friends are walking around in the mall around here and while in Hot Topic we're all suddenly in our costumes. I'm weirded out because I'm in one of the outfits I know isn't finished yet, so I'm telling my friends how this outfit isn't actually supposed to be finished yet, and then I notice my necklace for the costume is missing so I start freaking out about how my costume is not finished. My friends calm me down and start telling me to finish my costume I have to start killing other con-goers, so I'm in the whole, "um... wat?" moments and fwoosh we're suddenly outside the convention center. My friends freaking run off while I run into the convention center and start killing people, while doing so I start thinking, 'Why am I doing this? This isn't helping me finish my costumes!' and then I wake up.

... yeah most of my dreams end up with people dying or getting killed, dunno why. >.>
2011 Cosplays
Gijinka!Zoroark (Pokemon) - 85%
Evil Rao (Okami) - 90%
Trisha Elric (FullMetal Alchemist)

Proud Risembool Ranger! ~ Marionette
Cosplay Group ~ Wing's Wish

#27 User is offline   Miss Marie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17089

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Haha, I guess I have con anxiety. I've had a few dreams about Acen where I had issues with my lolita coordinates (not being there at all, mismatching) but when I wake up I think how ridiculous it is--as if not having cosplay or lolita would stop me from having a good time at the con :wacko:
But I guess since there's so much planning ahead for me, it's stressful!

#28 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Man...I would have dreams/nightmares when a conventions not even close to being near! >.< But so far for acen....I had an awesome dream!

*sighs fondly* I dreamt that all my cosplays were done and that they looked so professional (the material, the sewing, the whole look of them overall) ah.... :D...

.........................but then I woke up ;_; and Im NOT done with my cosplays. ;_;
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#29 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

My dream always consists of my costume being ripped or wrecked by some random person and people laughing about it. :(
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#30 User is offline   levelsixtyseven 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59727

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 10 May 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

My dream always consists of my costume being ripped or wrecked by some random person and people laughing about it. :(

Oh wow that's quite serious and slightly violent! Hopefully that doesn't and never comes true.
Private Photo Shoots for 2011 ACen! CLICK HERE to sign up!

s t a l k m e
website / facebook / cosplay.com / deviantArt / twitter / youtube

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users