Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley Badge Question - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley Badge Question

#1 User is offline   cid_highwind 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1116
  • Posts: 70
  • Joined: 06-October 03
  • Location:Sandwich, Illinois

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Okay, I have a quick question and I wasn't sure if I should post it here or in the Registration forum so feel free to move it if you need to do so.

I, being a person that plans things in advance, registered and got my badge way back when they were first available in order to save money. Later, my friend got an Artist's Alley table and is planning on selling things at the con. However, he asked me if I would be willing to get an Artist Alley studio member badge so he could "take a break" occasionally at the con. I'm a nice friend and want him to be able to enjoy some of the con events so I agreed.

I had already chosen to get my badge mailed before I even knew he was doing the Artist Alley thing though. He said he just had to send an e-mail to someone and they'd add me as a studio member.

He said I had to trade my badge for an Artist's Alley one. My question is how I get the Artist's Alley badge. Do I just bring mine to Registration and trade it? Will they have one ready for me? Can anyone answer these questions for me?

I was just trying to let my friend relax a little and now I have all of these questions because of it.
www.capesandcartridges.com

#2 User is offline   Kitchan 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 24242
  • Posts: 123
  • Joined: 15-February 09
  • Location:MD

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

View Postcid_highwind, on 11 April 2011 - 02:04 PM, said:

Okay, I have a quick question and I wasn't sure if I should post it here or in the Registration forum so feel free to move it if you need to do so.

I, being a person that plans things in advance, registered and got my badge way back when they were first available in order to save money. Later, my friend got an Artist's Alley table and is planning on selling things at the con. However, he asked me if I would be willing to get an Artist Alley studio member badge so he could "take a break" occasionally at the con. I'm a nice friend and want him to be able to enjoy some of the con events so I agreed.

I had already chosen to get my badge mailed before I even knew he was doing the Artist Alley thing though. He said he just had to send an e-mail to someone and they'd add me as a studio member.

He said I had to trade my badge for an Artist's Alley one. My question is how I get the Artist's Alley badge. Do I just bring mine to Registration and trade it? Will they have one ready for me? Can anyone answer these questions for me?

I was just trying to let my friend relax a little and now I have all of these questions because of it.



You send in an email to me (artshow at acen dot org) and I can help you swap out your badge for an Artists' Alley one.

EMAILING ME is important as that way I know who's in which studio/table. XD
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?


#3 User is offline   cid_highwind 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1116
  • Posts: 70
  • Joined: 06-October 03
  • Location:Sandwich, Illinois

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostKitchan, on 11 April 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

You send in an email to me (artshow at acen dot org) and I can help you swap out your badge for an Artists' Alley one.

EMAILING ME is important as that way I know who's in which studio/table. XD


Well, I think my friend already sent the email naming me as a studio member. I just wondered if there is an actual Artist Alley badge that is different from the regular ACen badge that I had mailed to me. If this is the case, where would I get a new Artist Alley badge instead of the regular ACen badge that I already have? Do I just trade it in at the Registration line?

Is it obvious that I know very little about how Artist's Alley registration works?

This post has been edited by cid_highwind: 11 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

www.capesandcartridges.com

#4 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 972
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

View Postcid_highwind, on 11 April 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

Well, I think my friend already sent the email naming me as a studio member. I just wondered if there is an actual Artist Alley badge that is different from the regular ACen badge that I had mailed to me. If this is the case, where would I get a new Artist Alley badge instead of the regular ACen badge that I already have? Do I just trade it in at the Registration line?

Is it obvious that I know very little about how Artist's Alley registration works?


Just stop by our Exhibit Space booth, between the Artist Alley and the Vendor Hall, and we can swap it out for you. :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users