Anime Central Forums: You ain't going to Acen - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

You ain't going to Acen What do you do when you can't go?

#1 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

As everyone prepares their cosplays, choose what hotel to stay in, plan on travel arrangements and save money on food and what to get in the dealer's room for Acen, there are those who unfortunately can't go due to financial difficulties, school, sickness, etc; So what kinds of things would you do if you can't go to Acen this year, that is if something like this should happen to you? I almost didn't have the opportunity this year to go because I didn't have a job. Thank god I have one!
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Kinda depressed as I read this but I dunno if I am still going due to going to jail, again, and dealing with a s-crappy court system. I can't afford a lawyer and had problems the last time I went to jail, which was the first time ever.

I'm going to court in May but due to the cop might not showing up again it might be reshipped to around Acen :(

So hoping I can go this year since I planned everything. I don't have a job myself but still managed to go due to my refund and working my temp job after I lost my job in retail. If you want something bad enough you can manage it unless it's 100% outside of your power and ability.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

just remember theres always the next year!

This post has been edited by Darko: 09 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#4 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

I would be sad. D: ACen is my only real guaranteed vacation of the year.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#5 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

Save up and do double the fun next year.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#6 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

I wasn't able to go in 07 because of financial stuff, but it turns out some of friends couldn't go either so I hung out with them. I guess, if the same thing happened this year, I'd do the same thing I did before.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#7 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

well so far I've gotten to go to ACen.
Its my yearly vacation. >__>
If I didn't go I know I would be really upset.
and try to go to a con after ACen passes and figure something out.
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#8 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

I ordered my badge months and months ago. So if something came up, I'd have to sell or give the badge to someone else. And if possible, I'd make plans to attend another con in the next few months.

On an average weekend, I tend to relax, meet up with a friend, and try not to spend too much. ACen weekend would become just another low-key weekend.

#9 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

I would do the following:

1. Be In Denial
2. Complain
3. Whine
4. Cry
5. Throw A Tantrum
6. Be Depress
7. Acceptance

All within one hour of finding out and get pumped for the following year.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#10 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:09 PM

Well, basing on the fact that I know I won't be going next year and likely the next couple of years, I feel pretty sad about it, but at the same time I know I'm postponing it for good reasons. After all, A-Cen isn't cheap, and neither are paying back bills and student loans and saving up money for a car and an apartment.

But after I get my life figured out, I'll go back and make up for lost time by going absolutely crazy. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#11 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 09 April 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

Kinda depressed as I read this but I dunno if I am still going due to going to jail, again, and dealing with a s-crappy court system. I can't afford a lawyer and had problems the last time I went to jail, which was the first time ever.

I'm going to court in May but due to the cop might not showing up again it might be reshipped to around Acen :(

So hoping I can go this year since I planned everything. I don't have a job myself but still managed to go due to my refund and working my temp job after I lost my job in retail. If you want something bad enough you can manage it unless it's 100% outside of your power and ability.

And what might you be going to jail for?
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#12 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 09 April 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

I ordered my badge months and months ago. So if something came up, I'd have to sell or give the badge to someone else. And if possible, I'd make plans to attend another con in the next few months.

On an average weekend, I tend to relax, meet up with a friend, and try not to spend too much. ACen weekend would become just another low-key weekend.

Please remember that Acen badges are NOT refundable and NOT transferable. Unfortunately if you've purchased a badge and cannot go, you cannot give the badge to someone else since it is tied to YOUR name and information.

For me... if I couldn't go to Acen I'd spend the weekend feeling incredibly guilty because I'm on staff, in a small department, and I'd be upset that I've left my awesome department mates in a lurch. I save up my vacation time and plan all year for Acen, I'd go nuts if something prevented me from getting there.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#13 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

I have a job for now, I'm going to let it go before acen so hopefully I'll have funds to stay by then. My car insurance went up and the license sticker hasn't changed but it's still expensive. My badge is my insurance of going and even if I didn't have a car I'd find a way there. Assuming I just couldn't go, I'd spend the weekend doing what I always do - nothing with the addition of being a little upset.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#14 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

well I had to deal with that last year. I got a fever [because of acen related stress lol] and couldn't go friday. Saturday I was a mess and barely remember what I did.
I was stuck in bed so I didn't have much of a "what could I do instead" plan. If I couldn't go due to financial problems, I'd probably just hang out with friends and try to forget that people are out having a fun time without me lol.
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#15 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

hey i would still be able to attend hotel parties lol just sayin i would be sad that if i couldn't go but if my friends are like hey just come hang at the hotel with us then i guess thats fine too i just wouldn't be able to get into anything like my fav Merch room lol
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#16 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:30 PM

Well... my husband is going to basic training on May 3rd. And I am a big baby and don't like being by myself. Especially in a city I don't know. I have no friends to drive with me.

So I have made the decision that I won't be going this year after all. But I already have the time off and the money saved, so I think I am going to get some Gotta Get Away tickets from Southwest and going to see my Aunt in Arizona. Or maybe see my biffle for the first time since she moved to Idaho and help her pick out wedding dresses.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#17 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

I would prepare to not talk to a good number of my friends for a good two weeks or more. I'd just be constantly reminded of what I missed out on.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#18 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

View PostIsamu, on 09 April 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

And what might you be going to jail for?

Son escaped the house. He's autistic. Long story but because some dude who sells questionable stuff next door said that this happens all the time with me they arrested me on the spot. The cops kept mentioning it. Over and over again. I live in a bad area so they thought I was a strung out mom or a ghetto mom. He got out again because he was sick (It was really early and me/mom/uncle were exhausted dealing with a kid who couldn't keep anything down. We laid him down and I woke up to the police in the house and them ended up finding him again and me going to jail again)

The cops didn't show up and they delayed the court date almost three times (because he went on vacation,) so worried it will happen again and I can't change it. (The date is May 3.) Since the police officer cursed out my mom I have to pay for a lawyer now which is cutting into my Acen funding. He tried to get out again but I ran down the street without shoes and caught him. But someone still called the police. Officer got mad and called my mom a bleep bleep bleep b word and said some other nasty stuff and mom got mad and started arguing with him.

Trying to still go because it would be too late in May to cancel it and I have other people depending on me >_>;

FYI we have a deadbolt on both back and front doors and two other locks and a latch lock on top so we have no idea how he got out. We are trying to buy another one and an alarm since he hasn't gotten out the house til recently in almost a year. It's been hard times so we thought four locks was enough.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#19 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

I actually won't be able to get to acen for 2012 so I can take this out of a hypothetical for a moment (I'm not sure how I'll react in april when I'm here in Kentucky sweating over the end of my senior year and all my friends are at Acen but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it).

As for what I did?
- Well first I got upset and really started to get mad that cons booked up the convention Center in May. I then tried and tried and tried to plan a way to make it back to Chicago since I lack a car. Finally, I realized it wasn't going to happen and I gave in. I decided to really enjoy this year. I get to go Thursday - Sunday for the first time in 3 years, my bf is coming and will get to spend all weekend with me this time. My roommates are great and I'm finally going to go to more than one panel.

I also started to evaluate just how important acen is to me. So far, I've never really done more than shop, photoshoot and sleep with maybe one or two panels thrown in. Granted I did have fun and I always hate when the weekend is over but there are better things I could be doing. Then I realized that I only do this once a year and it actually made acen more important to me. By being there I can feel welcomed and do what I love and not have to worry about someone laughing at me for wearing cat ears (which happened on campus my freshman year. People kept yelling "halloween is over" and it got to the point where my BF was kind of...embarrassed to be near me when I wore them).

So I started to look forward to my next con. I'll hopefully have a steady flow of payment, I'll be in chicago full time and I think I can really spend more time on my cosplays so that I don't stress myself out for a month or two trying to put together 3 outfits. I also use my memories from other years to sustain me. After acen I stretch out my swag for 4-6 months especially if I have dvds or manga. It really helps me to feel tied to acen even when I'm away from my cosplay family. I also LOVE looking through all the pics like..hourly. I get to see cosplayers I may not have seen at the con or see pics of those I couldn't manage to grab shots of. It gives me my own mini after-con.

All in all I come up with coping techniques including spending a lot of time talking to the great acen people on the forums.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#20 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 11 April 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

I actually won't be able to get to acen for 2012 so I can take this out of a hypothetical for a moment (I'm not sure how I'll react in april when I'm here in Kentucky sweating over the end of my senior year and all my friends are at Acen but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it).

As for what I did?
- Well first I got upset and really started to get mad that cons booked up the convention Center in May. I then tried and tried and tried to plan a way to make it back to Chicago since I lack a car. Finally, I realized it wasn't going to happen and I gave in. I decided to really enjoy this year. I get to go Thursday - Sunday for the first time in 3 years, my bf is coming and will get to spend all weekend with me this time. My roommates are great and I'm finally going to go to more than one panel.

I also started to evaluate just how important acen is to me. So far, I've never really done more than shop, photoshoot and sleep with maybe one or two panels thrown in. Granted I did have fun and I always hate when the weekend is over but there are better things I could be doing. Then I realized that I only do this once a year and it actually made acen more important to me. By being there I can feel welcomed and do what I love and not have to worry about someone laughing at me for wearing cat ears (which happened on campus my freshman year. People kept yelling "halloween is over" and it got to the point where my BF was kind of...embarrassed to be near me when I wore them).

So I started to look forward to my next con. I'll hopefully have a steady flow of payment, I'll be in chicago full time and I think I can really spend more time on my cosplays so that I don't stress myself out for a month or two trying to put together 3 outfits. I also use my memories from other years to sustain me. After acen I stretch out my swag for 4-6 months especially if I have dvds or manga. It really helps me to feel tied to acen even when I'm away from my cosplay family. I also LOVE looking through all the pics like..hourly. I get to see cosplayers I may not have seen at the con or see pics of those I couldn't manage to grab shots of. It gives me my own mini after-con.

All in all I come up with coping techniques including spending a lot of time talking to the great acen people on the forums.

Wow that's a lot. Sorry to hear that people laughed at you. Reminds me of the time I cosplay in Halloween at work. I was the only one.

At least you enjoy the forums and Acen and don't give up that motivation! Keep enjoying it when you can.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#21 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Fujoshi: You may want to possibly stash away for a keypad lock and not let your son see you enter the code (Keep the combination hidden away and the lock super high, too.). Keys are shiny and fun to play with, especially when they can work in their respective locks. Chain locks are easily removed via a chair and/or pointy object (my daughter [who is up for autism spectrum testing right now] used to pull them open with the twisty stick from her miniblinds. Slip the stick under the chain, move it towards the side, voila.). Latch locks make cool sounds when you flip them open. He will understand things if you get to his eye level and explain very calmly why it's not good to leave the house. To an autistic child, outside is air.. it's freedom and a place to run and explore... locks are puzzles that MUST be solved. Amazingly, logic is a wonderful tool with kids such as this.

#22 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 11 April 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Fujoshi: You may want to possibly stash away for a keypad lock and not let your son see you enter the code (Keep the combination hidden away and the lock super high, too.). Keys are shiny and fun to play with, especially when they can work in their respective locks. Chain locks are easily removed via a chair and/or pointy object (my daughter [who is up for autism spectrum testing right now] used to pull them open with the twisty stick from her miniblinds. Slip the stick under the chain, move it towards the side, voila.). Latch locks make cool sounds when you flip them open. He will understand things if you get to his eye level and explain very calmly why it's not good to leave the house. To an autistic child, outside is air.. it's freedom and a place to run and explore... locks are puzzles that MUST be solved. Amazingly, logic is a wonderful tool with kids such as this.

Wow thanks for the advice; I am going to look into this. I was mostly mad and upset because the police acted like my son was slow or something. 'Does he bang his head on walls and the floor?' 'Why doesn't he say his address? Is he stupid or something?' 'Why can't you just buy another lock or alarm?'

Me and mom had a talk and we have to basically stay up or move the bed until we get something like this that you suggested. His sleeping patterns are weird so we are working on it. I was ready to give up but I am trying to still be there for him despite issues.

Mostly hustling for money; I have a month so it shouldn't be hard to get more cash. My goal was to go to Acen and then take kid to Chuck E cheese with the rest. So I still have hope that it will work out, since most of my outfits are done.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 11 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#23 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Happened to me in 08. I paid for everything, and then my dad decided to stop me from going since the dog got loose when I was cutting the grass.

After anger, I just accepted it. I don't plan on missing another acen. I had other reasons I really wanted to go, but when I look back at those reasons, I don't think I would have got what I wanted. And actually since my dog got loose (who was found later but sadly he passed away last year) We got two more dogs. Awesome dogs. :D Saving 2 dogs from shelters is not a bad 2nd place prize.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#24 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 April 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

Wow thanks for the advice; I am going to look into this. I was mostly mad and upset because the police acted like my son was slow or something. 'Does he bang his head on walls and the floor?' 'Why doesn't he say his address? Is he stupid or something?' 'Why can't you just buy another lock or alarm?'

Me and mom had a talk and we have to basically stay up or move the bed until we get something like this that you suggested. His sleeping patterns are weird so we are working on it. I was ready to give up but I am trying to still be there for him despite issues.

Mostly hustling for money; I have a month so it shouldn't be hard to get more cash. My goal was to go to Acen and then take kid to Chuck E cheese with the rest. So I still have hope that it will work out, since most of my outfits are done.

I would file a complaint with the police about the questions they've given you. Bring a neurologist's report with you to confirm his autism if you must.. or start recording things with a cell phone next time. If it gets extreme, you may have to have him sleep with you to get him out cleanly..I've heard of some parents having bars over their windows and actually having a deadbolt to lock the child in while they sleep (I hope it doesn't get that bad!). I know with my daughter, the surefire way to knock her out is to cuddle on the couch and put on either new age 'naptime' or soft classical music.. or put on Bob Ross.. either way, it's white noise and they fall asleep pretty fast that way. Make sure you have documentation of absolutely everything when you go in.. and possibly drop an anonymous tip on your questionable neighbor in the meantime. ;)

#25 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 11 April 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Wow that's a lot. Sorry to hear that people laughed at you. Reminds me of the time I cosplay in Halloween at work. I was the only one.

At least you enjoy the forums and Acen and don't give up that motivation! Keep enjoying it when you can.

No need to say sorry. It just made me realize that the rest of the world just cannot be as welcoming as my con family and I have to put on a mask to be a part of the normal world. But it also made me stronger because it really made me appreciate my con sisters and brothers. Granted, for the sake of not feeling outcasted in class, looking professional and not making my bf want to run from me, I've stopped wearing my cat ears and dont even bring them with me for the temptation. But yeah. I love acen. So far its the only con i go to and it probably will be for a very long time.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#26 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

I basically get very nervous as Acen approaches, because my Dad might just change his mind the day before (he does that a lot) about letting me go. I really hate spending money on preparations for things and then have him say I can't go because he had a bad day at work, or because my sister pissed him off. I know I'm 19, but as long as I'm financially dependent, I'll have to put up with it. At least I'm trusted, which is big to me. By blowing steam off on me, it kind of means I'm the next in line in the family, the person he feels he can vent to. Also, I MUCH rather have the help paying for college instead of the freedom to go as I please, considering today's economy.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#27 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 11 April 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

I would file a complaint with the police about the questions they've given you. Bring a neurologist's report with you to confirm his autism if you must.. or start recording things with a cell phone next time. If it gets extreme, you may have to have him sleep with you to get him out cleanly..I've heard of some parents having bars over their windows and actually having a deadbolt to lock the child in while they sleep (I hope it doesn't get that bad!). I know with my daughter, the surefire way to knock her out is to cuddle on the couch and put on either new age 'naptime' or soft classical music.. or put on Bob Ross.. either way, it's white noise and they fall asleep pretty fast that way. Make sure you have documentation of absolutely everything when you go in.. and possibly drop an anonymous tip on your questionable neighbor in the meantime. ;)

Going to talk to a lawyer about this. I never been to jail before so I was messed up and I didn't file charges last year or look into it. After I had to walk home and they changed stations on me without telling me why I knew something was wrong. I asked a public defender and he just gave me weird answers. The second time I went to the station it was different. They were nicer and I came out after two hours compared to the first time. Also the first time I had to bug the police to make sure I got out before the weekend was over with. For some reason they didn't file my paperwork until the last minute. It's going to be hard to file a compliant and report the cop since they charged me for neglect and child endangerment.

So far I'm selling random stuff so I can still cover the hotel fees but your advice has been really helpful and motivational. We just move the bunk bed so he doesn't get out. The windows are old fashioned and he can't open them (yet) and they are locked in my room.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 12 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users