• You cannot reply to this topic

Purchasing DBZK Is it worth it!?

#1 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

Okay, I'm bored and have been kinda been on an Akira Toriyama obsession for the awhile now and I've been thinking about purchasing Dragon Ball Z Kai. I have seen some of it and am, lets say, pleased enough with it to consider purchasing it. Now my only problem is that I found out that Kai will end at the end of the Cell saga, because the time slot in Japan is going to be filled by the upcoming Toriko anime.

Now I am really not sure if I want to commit to this anime if it doesn't have the Boo saga in it seeing as how it is one of my favorite arcs and it is also the true end to the series. But there is always the possibility that at a later time perhaps after the first season of Toriko, and possibly just at another time slot they will choose to finish the anime.

So I just need some opinions from you guys to help me make up my mind. XP
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

I'm not. I love those orange boxes. The reasons I'm not is mainly;

- The music switch
- No Buu Saga (Goku stays dead?! Heck naw!)
- No Goku's Ordeal (the driving episode)!

Those orange boxes have a marathon mode, and all of the glorious filler. While most is annoying, I always find Toriyama filler really entertaining and lighthearted.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

Well I actually strongly dislike the original series because the the filler was waaaaay too over the top (the first episode I ever saw was about 5 minutes of dialog and the rest of the episode was Vegeta charging up to fight Kiwi, why I gave the series another shot after this I have no idea) though I admit there were a few moments of filler that I've enjoyed (usually for comedy reasons). Also is it just me or are a lot of the voices different in Kai? Because I remember the majority of the voices being unbearable, but maybe I've just grown up and learned to accept most of them.

My only real beef with Kai so far is that some of the voices are still pretty bad. The other thing is that (even though I know they will never change this and it upsets me greatly) I still have to hear their English names.

I kinda considered the possibility of buying kai and then just finishing up the series with the original series, but I don't know if I'm willing to wade through all the filler to get to the meat of the series. I mean is there a possibility that they will kai-itize the Boo saga? Or am I just wishful thinking?
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."

#4 User is offline   EndlessKey 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 47633

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

I doubt it, especially after the show was under fire for plagerizing music, I don't think they will continue the show. Would have been nice though, because the kai worlds/boo saga episodes were amazing.

#5 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

I can't see the Buu saga ever getting made myself.

I've only seen early episodes of Kai, but apparently the series is supposed to be pretty good in that the pacing doesn't feel as slow as its predecessor was. The fact that they didn't air the last episode because they didn't want to bump back the premiere of Toriko is a bit odd though.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#6 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

Now I think the question is do I buy Kai and then finish up the series with the original anime or to just not bother all together. XD

#7 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

If I had the money, I'd get both. Kai is straight forward action with no fillers like you mentioned. But like said earlier, there are sagas missing hence why I'd get both.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#8 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

View PostKrystal, on 02 April 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

I'm not. I love those orange boxes. The reasons I'm not is mainly;

- The music switch
- No Buu Saga (Goku stays dead?! Heck naw!)
- No Goku's Ordeal (the driving episode)!

Those orange boxes have a marathon mode, and all of the glorious filler. While most is annoying, I always find Toriyama filler really entertaining and lighthearted.

i hate the new music!

but my daughter loves the show, so i will get both.

I like the voices, and i think there not as good as DBZ, but it's no 4kids one piece.

i also don't mind the name much, is there a big difference?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#9 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

If you have the money get it.

Watching it on the weekends with Yusei and his 'marry gay men' *covers face* I mean Yusei and team 5D nexus.

I have mixed feelings about Kai. I didn't enjoy the Boo saga as much besides the fact that they had Boo and Uub (*facepalms*) mainly because some of the stuff in the Boo saga they based on GT (omg) and had discontinuity from the Boo saga (really isn't Gohan suppose to be stronger than lvl 4 due to the kai's?) but that's me ^^; Voices I don't mind because I heard worse but the name changes are...meh.

If you enjoy it now go for it. Japan is having issues so they probably not going to make the Boo saga if they do. Keep that in mind too. It's hard work making animations and people get lazy.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#10 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

I'm thinking birthday gift.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#11 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

^That's an idea, seeing as how no one ever knows what to get me for my birthday. XP

Also, does anyone know the difference between the Dragon Box and regular remastered release of DBZ? I'm just curious.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users