Anime Central Forums: Streaming Anime On Netflix :o - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Streaming Anime On Netflix :o My How Times Have Changed.

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

I am watching the entire 26 episodes of Hetalia on Netflix. I hate sounding like a saleswoman but I am so glad I gave up cable for Netflix. For $10 a month I can watch a lot of anime that I missed. They have the entire episodes of everything. The new arrivals include Hetalia, Strike Witches, Trigun, D-Gray Man, Slayers, Spice And Wolf, Nana, Bleach, FMA Brotherhood, School Rumble, Shuffle, Full Metal Panic...They even have some of the Viz eps in Japanese Subtitles.

I even have Crunchy Roll on my laptop and I can just hook it up to my tv and watch it on my 42 inch flat screen tv. Its really cool to see that netflix has expanded their streaming anime selection. Although most of the Funimation eps are dubbed, I dont care, as long as I get my anime fix im good :D

I must be getting old then use to be you had to go to your local video store and pick up videos, and when you did want a certain anime, it was labeled as being not for kids or the selection was not that big. Now I can watch it from my tv...

Yeah, im old....
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

Actually I remember when I wanted to see Kite at Block Busters and I thought that FF crystals was dirty cause of fanservice :lol:

Yeah now I can watch anime on my laptop or Ds lite so....I feel old. Especially when people said they never heard of Gatchman before TVC x.x; Or Voltron

LIKE OMG! I'm 25!!!!! It was in the 80s! It was called G-force! G-FORCE.

*sighs*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:46 AM

Nah, you're right. Streaming anime on netflix is really cool. I've been doing a bit of that myself lately. I mean I prefer subbed over dubbed for the most part, but its not a deal breaker and I'd much rather watch it than not. Plus, it lets me have some series on in the background that I wanted to watch, but didn't care to put the time into, while I do other things.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#4 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

It's not a matter of age, but adaptation. I for one love that there are more choices out there
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#5 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

I love that netflix has streaming anime! I already watched Speed Grapher and Shigurai Death Frenzy on there and they have a bunch of stuff that I've wanted to see, including Hetalia which I have been waiting patiently for on the funimation channel. Screw waiting!
It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#6 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

View Posti_like_kyos, on 02 April 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

I love that netflix has streaming anime! I already watched Speed Grapher and Shigurai Death Frenzy on there and they have a bunch of stuff that I've wanted to see, including Hetalia which I have been waiting patiently for on the funimation channel. Screw waiting!

When I had comcast, in order to see the eps such as those I had to pay. For $10 a month on netflix I get more bang for my buck and the includes Funimation and Viz. Heck I just watched Robotech last night! Man that was some good times.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#7 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Haven't ever tried Netflix. I was kinda apathetic about the service back when it was introduced, and the only option was rent by mail. Now apparently it's streaming media only... but I still don't know why I'd want to use it. There are very few videos which I can't rent for free from local libraries, or purchase for just a small amount from used media stores.

(I used Crunchyroll a fair amount in 2009, back when it was still possible to pay for individual downloads of episodes. Since then, I've almost never used it. My computer is much too slow to use streaming video.)

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 02 April 2011 - 01:16 AM, said:

Actually I remember when ...I thought that FF crystals was dirty cause of fanservice :lol:

I paid $25 for a videotape of Final Fantasy Legend of the Crystals back in '98. And I didn't like it at all. Well, I learned my lesson: don't buy until I have a specific recommendation.

#8 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

View Postdorkatlarge, on 02 April 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

Haven't ever tried Netflix. I was kinda apathetic about the service back when it was introduced, and the only option was rent by mail. Now apparently it's streaming media only... but I still don't know why I'd want to use it. There are very few videos which I can't rent for free from local libraries, or purchase for just a small amount from used media stores.

(I used Crunchyroll a fair amount in 2009, back when it was still possible to pay for individual downloads of episodes. Since then, I've almost never used it. My computer is much too slow to use streaming video.)

I paid $25 for a videotape of Final Fantasy Legend of the Crystals back in '98. And I didn't like it at all. Well, I learned my lesson: don't buy until I have a specific recommendation.

You can still get DVDs. Theres options for both streaming, DVDs, and both.

As for why I prefer it over the library, at least my library doesn't have near the selection Netflix does, plus I'm a very on demand person, so when I want to watch this movie at 2am, I can't just go to the library to get it.
Armageddicon!!

#9 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 03 April 2011 - 12:25 AM, said:

You can still get DVDs. Theres options for both streaming, DVDs, and both.

For now, anyway. There's talk that Netflix will be doing away with the DVD option at some point, or at least they will try to. Part of this hinges on whether or not those home-use internet providers are able to implement a data cap or not.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#10 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

Honestly, I'm okay with them ditching DVDs for a wider streaming selection. Then again that also stems from the fact that I have no issues watching netflix on my big screen. I have multiple venues in which to do so. Also, when I want to watch something, I want to watch it. Friend of mine convinced me to check out The League, so I just did, but had I waited for the DVDs, who knows if and when I would have thought about it or had the time.

Back when I used to have DVDs on netflix, I had the same DVD for months at a time that I would just never watch. I just wasn't in the mood to watch it, but at the same time I was afraid to send it back because it was something I wanted to watch. Streaming doesn't offer that complication to me.

So for me, I'm all for it.
Armageddicon!!

#11 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

Agreed. While I don't have Netflix per se, I've recently added a network connection to my DirecTV box. It certainly doesn't have the selection of a Netflix or a Hulu, but just being able to go through the on demand section and say, "Hm, you know what? That looks pretty interesting. How about I download it and give it a go" without having to worry about any kind of wait time for receiving it mail or having to go out and pick up a DVD at a kiosk or rental store is a very nice touch.

#12 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Netflix is awesome! I've had it like forever I don't know what I'd do without it! ^_^
Been able to catch up on a lot of anime! I like how it went from getting one or two dvd with like 5 anime episodes every other day to streaming directly! Love being able to have anime on the big screen while I work on cosplays rather than watching it on my little laptop. It's AWESOME for travel...and I travel ALOT! I stay in motel with WiFi so all I do is hook up my Wii and sign in to Netflix and boom instant anime! :clap:
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#13 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

I also agree how convenient and amazing Netflix can be. I don't really keep up with movies or TV series so randomly logging on and finding something that catches my eye is pretty nice. Finally watched Queen's Blade on there... huu B)
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#14 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Not anime related but Netflix related they have an original show in production that Netflix will be the sole source for. I am still on the three Disc plan with Blu-Ray and in general go through 9 to 10 discs a month plus what I stream. With out something like Netflix it would have been so much harder to cut my cable.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#15 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

they also have many of the DC movies!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#16 User is offline   GoodEnoughForMe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59311

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

I honestly don't know how I lived without Netflix before last December! I've watched tons of movies and tons of anime. It's very nice. :3
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

#17 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

Not only do I enjoy netflix's anime selection, but I do like their vast collection of international films and british comedies. I can finally enjoy eps of Top Gear and The IT Crowd from my tv, phone, or my computer!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#18 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I tried streaming Netflix from my Wii to rewatch some old favorites like Trigun and Saiyuki, but
the connection was SO SLOW, it had to keep re-buffering every five seconds, I felt like I was
watching the episodes on YouTube with a slow-butt computer. :/

I have Roku at home, as well, which streams Netflix, and that's a little better, sometimes lags,
but not nearly as much as the Wii. :( I'm going to assume it's just the Wii, and not my connection,
since everything else runs fine. *kicks Wii* I WAS SO EXCITED FOR IT, TOO.

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#19 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostAiko☆Noble, on 05 April 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

I tried streaming Netflix from my Wii to rewatch some old favorites like Trigun and Saiyuki, but
the connection was SO SLOW, it had to keep re-buffering every five seconds, I felt like I was

I have Roku at home, as well, which streams Netflix, and that's a little better, sometimes lags,
but not nearly as much as the Wii. :( I'm going to assume it's just the Wii, and not my connection,

I've experienced different results with different devices as well. On my xbox 360 netflix has to re-buffer a few times throughout each episode. But, if I use my wifi Samsung bluray player it never has to rebuffer. I guess the "app" is different with each device or maybe each device has a limit on how much content streaming content they can download at a time. I dunno, it's a little depressing though that it's not more consistent.

#20 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

If I had to guess on blind faith I'd say it's more likely hardware related. For the entre time that I've had my PS3 I've been using its native wireless NIC. Recently I did a connection test to see what kind of speed I was getting, and it was around 5Mb down / 800 Kb up. However, I hooked it into my new wireless bridge (key difference: it runs on the N network as opposed to G) and the speeds went up to about 10Mb/1.2Mb.

#21 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

View PostAiko☆Noble, on 05 April 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

My roommates and I watch Netflix on my roommate's Nintendo Wii, and we love it! No connection problems, and it usually doesn't need to re-buffer during a 30-minute episode. That's weird that your Wii has those connection problems... We don't even have fast internet at our apartment, and ours works fine.

But yeah, Netflix is awesome. So much quality anime, so many awesome documentaries, and (as Excel Excel mentioned above) lots of quality British television programs. It's seriously awesome, and at the $10/month price point, it's unstoppable.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#22 User is offline   studdly nerd 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59643

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

I love netflix with a burning passion if it wasnt for netflix i wouldn't have gotten into anime at all it gives me the option to watch so much anime at anytime anywhere we have over 17 things in our house that are able to run netflix and i can pretty much go to the bathroom and still be watching FMA its amazing. I especailly like it because if the anime isn't on streaming then you can order the dvd which also helps me because i tend to watch to much anime in the day and i slack off of my responsibilities and having only 2 dvds of anime helps with that and while i wait for the next dvds to come back i finish up my streaming anime. Its amazing!!!
Owwwww My Frigggin Eye!!!!!!!
Cosplays have been cancelled for me this year sad face :(

#23 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Just finished watching Trailer Park Boys. If you guys have a Wii, XBOX 360 or a PS3 you can try it free for a month. It was worth it :) Maybe tomorrow night ill watch some Robotech and Ghost In The Shell...oooh Hetalia Season 2 tomorrow as well! :highfive:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#24 User is offline   DeadCruiser 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 51495

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

I just started doing the Netflix thing the other day and I've been watching a bunch of different anime since. I finished Sekirei and started on Shuffle!. So good. Best investment I've made in a long time. I like to check out the anime that I watch before I buy it (I used to gamble and just buy based on what I had read). This is perfect!
"Excuse me sir, are you looking for the Columbia sportswear?"
"I YAM!"
Dead Space Lvl. 3 Engineer suit - 100% finished! Finally!
My Dead Space suit videos!

#25 User is offline   AKADave89 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 52398

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

Netflix is GDLK for my anime needs...that is all.
2015 cosplay plans
????

Do you like awesomeness? click here and you will be greeted by wonderful things.

#26 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

I love Netflix. I have a huge backlog of things I need to watch though lol. Perhaps I should get going on them.
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#27 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

I have recently discovered the amazing amount of anime that's been added to Netflix. It's awesome! I can stream right on my PS3!
~~

#28 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

I've had netflix for awhile, but only recently started using it on my PS3. It's great for when my wife & I want to watch something together. I just wish we didn't need to crank the volume to hear anything <_<

I know it's not my HDMI cable cause I don't need to raise the volume to play PS3 games.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#29 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

OMG, me love Netflix LONG time!!! I was super excited about all the recently added anime, even though I strongly prefer subs to dubs. I finally discovered the wonder that is Darker than Black :D

I pay ten bucks a month and get one dvd at a time, but I love the streaming feature that let's me watch the best tv shows sans commercials on my tv or through my xbox360. I realized all the Buffy the Vampire Slayer eps are on there, as well as glee, my so called life, heroes, Spartacus, Dexter, etc. It's pretty much all around amazing.

This post has been edited by tatterpillar: 21 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

#30 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

I might try the PS3 or just old computer option. I didn't know Netflix was on there.

*Has only wifi in the apartment* lol
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users