Anime Central Forums: Wig Help!...Please! ^ - ^ - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wig Help!...Please! ^ - ^ Anime hair and it's gravity defying perfect spikyness....-.o

#1 User is offline   xChibiSorax 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58910

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

So, I'm cosplaying KH2 Sora this year and really looking forward to it, but I can't find or make a good wig.
I've watched many videos on styling/cutting hair and read info about it and tried it all out myself but I just can't seem to do it.
So I tried finding wigs but none are really that good.
So would I be able to have some help finding a good Sora wig, or any other tips on styling or...anything else I'm not thinking of ^.^'
I probably seem picky, actually I don't seem it...I am T.T Sorry.
"Excuse me while I write down your name in my DEATHNOTE."

~ACen 2012 Cosplays~

o Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora
o Matryoshka Kaiko
(maybe)

#2 User is offline   mai_hyuga 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59212

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

might mot be as helpful but do you use a strong hair gel or mouse?
YES.I BE THY GLOMPER.
ACEN Cosplay 2011
I CANT DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

well its not that hard to do find a good wig

and using gel/mouse wont work to well...

If you want to style a wig use Got2Be spray (Works wonders)

If you want to look for a wig HERE!!

This post has been edited by -JUNK-: 01 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

ACen 16"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#4 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Got2B freeze spray and glue is GODLY! xD. Have you looked at punky wigs? I've had friends and other people who use punky when it comes to hair like sora. If not you can always get your wig commissioned. It costs more but if you find the right person you have all access when it comes to communication.
Cosplays 2015~
Pyro (TF2)
Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

#5 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

I agree with hair spray. I knew a guy in high school that would use at least 2 cans a day. He had hair like that singer from static x, that was before the band was famous. I used to think the singer based his hair off of the student, LOL! Good luck.
Currently writing a book.

#6 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

The Got 2 B Freeze Spray is probably what you want for a Sora wig. It'll give you a more natural looking spike, whereas the Glued will give you that shiny glued down plastered look. I've used both products on wigs and frequently use the Spray for short wigs and the Glued on longer wigs.

As for wigs go, the Punky is alright for a Sora wig. I used it to style such a wig. Because its already spikey, its easy to style it into spikes. You do need a medium length wig to start with though, and it will need to be cut. I suggest either cutting it with scissors in a vertical motion (not horizontal to the hair) or with a texturizing razor. You do not want to just simply cut the fiber with the scissors perpendicular with the hair; it'll be harder to spike and wont look right.
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#7 User is offline   xChibiSorax 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

View Postmai_hyuga, on 01 April 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

might mot be as helpful but do you use a strong hair gel or mouse?

I use Got2be

View Post-JUNK-, on 01 April 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

well its not that hard to do find a good wig

and using gel/mouse wont work to well...

If you want to style a wig use Got2Be spray (Works wonders)

If you want to look for a wig HERE!!

I've seen those wigs already, they just don't work for me though, I don't like them very much. But thank you for helping. :)

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on 01 April 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

I agree with hair spray. I knew a guy in high school that would use at least 2 cans a day. He had hair like that singer from static x, that was before the band was famous. I used to think the singer based his hair off of the student, LOL! Good luck.

Haha :D
There was a guy at my school like that freshman year!

~ACen 2012 Cosplays~

o Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora
o Matryoshka Kaiko
(maybe)

#8 User is offline   xChibiSorax 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostKeySmash, on 01 April 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

Got2B freeze spray and glue is GODLY! xD. Have you looked at punky wigs? I've had friends and other people who use punky when it comes to hair like sora. If not you can always get your wig commissioned. It costs more but if you find the right person you have all access when it comes to communication.

I have looked at punky wigs, maybe I could get a wig and have someone who styles wigs to help me :/ cause this way I can learn the right way to do and it won't turn out sucky!! :D

Thanks everyone for helping! :D It means a lot!

View PostR1KKu, on 02 April 2011 - 08:46 AM, said:

The Got 2 B Freeze Spray is probably what you want for a Sora wig. It'll give you a more natural looking spike, whereas the Glued will give you that shiny glued down plastered look. I've used both products on wigs and frequently use the Spray for short wigs and the Glued on longer wigs.

As for wigs go, the Punky is alright for a Sora wig. I used it to style such a wig. Because its already spikey, its easy to style it into spikes. You do need a medium length wig to start with though, and it will need to be cut. I suggest either cutting it with scissors in a vertical motion (not horizontal to the hair) or with a texturizing razor. You do not want to just simply cut the fiber with the scissors perpendicular with the hair; it'll be harder to spike and wont look right.

ooooooohh o.o I'll keep all that in mind!

~ACen 2012 Cosplays~

o Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora
o Matryoshka Kaiko
(maybe)

#9 User is offline   urisco 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59553

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

I'm not sure of anywhere you can find a good styled wig like that but ill give you some tips of what to look for. First off make sure you really pay attention to the way the wig is wefted. The wefts are basically like the way the wig goes. For example. A very straight wig is wetted down your going to want something that's wetted up and sort of publish style to start off with. The best products are the got2b stuff as mentioned before they work really well.
Start by clumping the hairs up and seperating the spikes a bit. Use hair gel the got2b kind. Don't use a whole bunch or it'll just smoosh the fibers and make it appear flat. When you get to the end of the spikes what you want to do is sort of twist it slightly and hold it for a few seconds. So that the spikes stay in place and don't seperate. It seems hard but once you do it you'll get the hand of it pretty fast. Also remember that if you mess up you can always wash your wig gently to get all that hair product out I reccomend using mane and tale shampoo and conditoner to wash wigs.

Oh and another thing when cutting a wig like this id say to use a dull scizors at first then a razor. Some other things you can try are silicone motoroil which seems weird but I've used it on some wigs. And you can even try spray paint for an extreme hold. Just make sure you have the wig styled exactly how you want it before you start going at it with the paint because there's no going back once you put paint on there.

Hope this helps.
Ashe - Final Fantasy 12
Kos-Mos - xenosaga

#10 User is offline   xChibiSorax 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

View Posturisco, on 19 April 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm not sure of anywhere you can find a good styled wig like that but ill give you some tips of what to look for. First off make sure you really pay attention to the way the wig is wefted. The wefts are basically like the way the wig goes. For example. A very straight wig is wetted down your going to want something that's wetted up and sort of publish style to start off with. The best products are the got2b stuff as mentioned before they work really well.
Start by clumping the hairs up and seperating the spikes a bit. Use hair gel the got2b kind. Don't use a whole bunch or it'll just smoosh the fibers and make it appear flat. When you get to the end of the spikes what you want to do is sort of twist it slightly and hold it for a few seconds. So that the spikes stay in place and don't seperate. It seems hard but once you do it you'll get the hand of it pretty fast. Also remember that if you mess up you can always wash your wig gently to get all that hair product out I reccomend using mane and tale shampoo and conditoner to wash wigs.

Oh and another thing when cutting a wig like this id say to use a dull scizors at first then a razor. Some other things you can try are silicone motoroil which seems weird but I've used it on some wigs. And you can even try spray paint for an extreme hold. Just make sure you have the wig styled exactly how you want it before you start going at it with the paint because there's no going back once you put paint on there.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much :D
and every comment helps!

~ACen 2012 Cosplays~

o Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora
o Matryoshka Kaiko
(maybe)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic