Anime Central Forums: ACen FINAL Schedule ** UPDATED ** - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ACen FINAL Schedule ** UPDATED ** FINAL SCHEDULE UPDATED

#91 User is offline   mythic_samurai 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60300
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 16-May 11

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

View PostKickastina, on 15 May 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'm not sure if I am missing it or something, but when and where is the AMV Contest?


I'm wondering on the contest times as well. All I can find is the award ceremony on Sunday. :/

#92 User is offline   cythaleanna 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60001
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 22-April 11
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 16 May 2011 - 11:08 AM, said:

So the panels as well as the guest signing times are on this schedule list?

I wanted to know the times for Flow, Hetalia anime guest, etc.

Sorry if it sounds weird kinda tired =_=

Edit: tried clicking on it and got nothing; going to see if it's because I am using google chrome or not.

try this?
http://www.acen.org/...0-%20letter.pdf
Im using google chrome and it works for me. Hope it works!
Current streak:
Attended:
Acen 2009: as a normal person (LOL)
Acen 2010: as Yuna-FFX, a random pink/blue lolita cosplayer

Will Attend:
Acen 2011: as Nami, Euphemia Li Brittania and TBA

#93 User is offline   Ohki 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 02-January 07
  • Location:The Rewinding City <3

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Uhm. Question. This isn't intended to be mean, but why are the Hetalia Japanese guest Q&A, the Hetalia fan panel, and the Hetalia Japanese guest autograph session for Saturday all one right after the other and in completely different parts of the convention? Last year the Hetalia fan panel had people lining up no later than an hour before the panel started. the room was huge but people still got turned away at the door. There's no way anyone can really hope to go to the Q&A and the fan panel, nor the fan panel and the Saturday autograph session. Why was this done this way?
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#94 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

Wait - do people who go to panels that have autographs right afterward - like Yoshiki - totally get screwed for the actual autograph sessions then? I just realized from your comment that that could be a big issue. Do we need to leave the panel early then to get in line?

Also, people can only line up 30 minutes ahead of time. That rule BETTER NOT BE BROKEN.
Rawr. ♥

#95 User is offline   Zerox20 

  • Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323
  • Posts: 392
  • Joined: 15-December 03
  • Location:Fishers, IN

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

We fixed some of the autographs and changed some times prevent conflicts. Guests have built in "Walking" time so to speak to get from one place to another. I will send some notes to our Guest Relations department about your concerns but we as Panel Programming do not build any of the guest schedules.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#96 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

I notice Sixh has a panel from 4:30-5:30, and autographs from 5:30-6:30. I guess when I see things like that, I'll make a note to leave the panel early.

UNLESS YOU MOVE THEIR AUTOGRAPH SESSION EARLIER AND I WILL SHOWER YOU WITH LOVE AND INVISIBLE COOKIES YES/NO? :thumbup:

Haha. Well, it was worth a shot. I'd love for their sessions to be the same time as naoto's (which I saw was moved - yay!), because gosh darn it, I can't miss out on FLOW.

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 16 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Rawr. ♥

#97 User is offline   Kickastina 

  • Sprite Of Curiosity
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58914
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 20-October 10
  • Location:Somewhere You'll Never Know

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

View Postmythic_samurai, on 16 May 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'm wondering on the contest times as well. All I can find is the award ceremony on Sunday. :\


I know, right. It's still unclear when it is. Last year they had multiple showings and this year it hasn't been mentioned yet. =/

Any plans yet?

(Sorry if this is incoherent or rude- I'm half-asleep) ^^'

I don't know what else to really put here....
So have a nice day. ^^

#98 User is offline   manga1 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231
  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: 02-April 10

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

man all the autograph sessions are back to back, one cant hope to get all of them since most are 4-5 for most of them on friday, and note to self most of the good stuff is on saturday I will have to look at my time so that I can still see one of the Sunny Day panels, go to the Yoshinki q and a and still hit up the masqurade in time.

I do hope they stream it this year too last year was soo neat and to have the John Lennon of Japanese rock music make a surprise visit.

signed Jeremy manga1

#99 User is offline   mythic_samurai 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60300
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 16-May 11

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

View PostKickastina, on 16 May 2011 - 10:17 PM, said:

I know, right. It's still unclear when it is. Last year they had multiple showings and this year it hasn't been mentioned yet. =/

Any plans yet?

(Sorry if this is incoherent or rude- I'm half-asleep) ^^'


I've emailed the amv coordinators and still haven't gotten a response yet. Browsed some other forums and the only thing I've seen is to check the Programming guide that comes with the badge, but I didn't preregister or anything so I still don't know what the schedule for the AMV room is at all :(

#100 User is offline   Zerox20 

  • Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323
  • Posts: 392
  • Joined: 15-December 03
  • Location:Fishers, IN

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

I e-mailed the AMV Departmenthead asking for clarification, I also looked into the Guests. At this point we truly cannot change anything and the schedule is locked. It will be tight but we did not really have a choice.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#101 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

View PostOhki, on 16 May 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

Uhm. Question. This isn't intended to be mean, but why are the Hetalia Japanese guest Q&A, the Hetalia fan panel, and the Hetalia Japanese guest autograph session for Saturday all one right after the other and in completely different parts of the convention? Last year the Hetalia fan panel had people lining up no later than an hour before the panel started. the room was huge but people still got turned away at the door. There's no way anyone can really hope to go to the Q&A and the fan panel, nor the fan panel and the Saturday autograph session. Why was this done this way?


Omg I just noticed this thanks for pointing it out oAo

I wanted to attend all three of them!!!!!! WAAAAARG

cythaleanna link works awesome thanks :thumbup:

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 17 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#102 User is offline   SailorDeath 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 107
  • Posts: 49
  • Joined: 13-April 03

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

All AMV events are scheduled to be held in the Lindbergh room at the Hilton hotel across the street from the Hyatt. Please refer to your program guide for scheduling information when you arrive at the convention.

View PostKickastina, on 15 May 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'm not sure if I am missing it or something, but when and where is the AMV Contest?


Also I apologize for the tardiness. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and been kind of out of it until this week. I'll also see if I can get some kind of schedule posted for you guys.

Edit:

Okay here's the Schedule:

http://www.sailordea...om_Schedule.pdf
----------------
Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
----------------

#103 User is offline   Roark 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 14-May 07

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

View PostZerox20, on 17 May 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

I e-mailed the AMV Departmenthead asking for clarification, I also looked into the Guests. At this point we truly cannot change anything and the schedule is locked. It will be tight but we did not really have a choice.


We really did not, I'm afraid.

I made the call on this last night, so please send your blame this way and not towards Zerox.

When I approved the guest panels, I didn't pay attention to related fan panels. This is my error, and I'm sorry for how tight this is going to make things. It's unfortunate that I didn't have any wiggle room on this. I played around with moving things last night, but really couldn't get anything to work.

I do wish we had another choice.

#104 User is offline   Roark 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 14-May 07

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

View PostKokoro, on 16 May 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

I notice Sixh has a panel from 4:30-5:30, and autographs from 5:30-6:30. I guess when I see things like that, I'll make a note to leave the panel early.

UNLESS YOU MOVE THEIR AUTOGRAPH SESSION EARLIER AND I WILL SHOWER YOU WITH LOVE AND INVISIBLE COOKIES YES/NO? :thumbup:

Haha. Well, it was worth a shot. I'd love for their sessions to be the same time as naoto's (which I saw was moved - yay!), because gosh darn it, I can't miss out on FLOW.


I looked into this last night. It appears that the Sixh. autograph signing at 5:30-6:30 came from me not thinking more in my head than made it into the email. We had to move h.Naoto due to conflicting schedules, and I mentally moved Sixh. with him to keep the groupings correct. Too bad I didn't include that bit in the email.

Sixh. and h.Naoto both have their autograph session earlier in the day. I'm working to make sure this change gets reflected.

#105 User is offline   Ashikana 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452
  • Posts: 595
  • Joined: 28-October 05
  • Location:Lake in the Hills

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

As of right this moment, the link to the standard letter size schedule does not work. it comes up as page not found.

This post has been edited by Ashikana: 17 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#106 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostRoark, on 17 May 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

I looked into this last night. It appears that the Sixh. autograph signing at 5:30-6:30 came from me not thinking more in my head than made it into the email. We had to move h.Naoto due to conflicting schedules, and I mentally moved Sixh. with him to keep the groupings correct. Too bad I didn't include that bit in the email.

Sixh. and h.Naoto both have their autograph session earlier in the day. I'm working to make sure this change gets reflected.


OH HAI, I love you. Marry me?
Rawr. ♥

#107 User is offline   Ohki 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930
  • Posts: 1,308
  • Joined: 02-January 07
  • Location:The Rewinding City <3

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 May 2011 - 06:46 AM, said:

Omg I just noticed this thanks for pointing it out oAo

I wanted to attend all three of them!!!!!! WAAAAARG

cythaleanna link works awesome thanks :thumbup:


Luckily the Japanese guests have another panel later on Saturday and have a Sunday autograph session, so it works out well enough for me, but for someone who had their heart set on both the Q&A and the fan panel, or can't make the Sunday autograph session but wanted to get an autograph and see the fan panel, etc, this is a really unfair and poorly planned situation. ACen really needs to put more thought in its scheduling. Between this, the Yoshiki schedule conflict with the Jrock fan panel, and how every year the educational panels tend to be going on at the same time in different rooms? Something is clearly wrong here.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#108 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

It's a bummer the Yoshiki panel conflicts with the FLOW autograph session too. I think the person I'm with will be willing to go get autographs while I'm at the panel (which is why I'm hoping people aren't allowed to take photos WITH FLOW, otherwise I'll SO have to go), but I guess with popular events they kinda want to schedule them at conflicting times to cut back on crowds? Regardless, I do know they can't possibly please everyone. Just gotta do our best.
Rawr. ♥

#109 User is offline   Roark 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 14-May 07

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

View PostKokoro, on 17 May 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

It's a bummer the Yoshiki panel conflicts with the FLOW autograph session too. I think the person I'm with will be willing to go get autographs while I'm at the panel (which is why I'm hoping people aren't allowed to take photos WITH FLOW, otherwise I'll SO have to go), but I guess with popular events they kinda want to schedule them at conflicting times to cut back on crowds? Regardless, I do know they can't possibly please everyone. Just gotta do our best.


This schedule also does not reflect the standard "autographs after concert" session that I'm fairly certain we'll have again this year. At least, I've planned for it and have that communicated to the hotel :)

#110 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

WHAAAAAAAT?! FLOW will (maybe possibly) be doing an autograph session AFTER the concert?

Dude, stop. Please. Otherwise I'm GONNA have to marry you.
Rawr. ♥

#111 User is offline   Roark 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 14-May 07

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

View PostKokoro, on 17 May 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

WHAAAAAAAT?! FLOW will (maybe possibly) be doing an autograph session AFTER the concert?

Dude, stop. Please. Otherwise I'm GONNA have to marry you.


A lot of bands do merch and autographs after concerts. I've been making arrangements to have FLOW do the same :)

#112 User is offline   Kokoro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175
  • Posts: 314
  • Joined: 03-August 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

Will there be a note in the schedule that can be picked up at Acen on whether an autograph session will take place after the concert?
Rawr. ♥

#113 User is offline   levelsixtyseven 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59727
  • Posts: 141
  • Joined: 22-March 11

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Is there a description anywhere online of all the panels???

This post has been edited by levelsixtyseven: 19 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Private Photo Shoots for 2011 ACen! CLICK HERE to sign up!

s t a l k m e
website / facebook / cosplay.com / deviantArt / twitter / youtube

#114 User is offline   Zerox20 

  • Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323
  • Posts: 392
  • Joined: 15-December 03
  • Location:Fishers, IN

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Not online, Check program book @ the con.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#115 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284
  • Posts: 1,978
  • Joined: 09-January 11
  • Location:где-то в Соединенных Штатах Америки

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:13 AM

The program book at the con is the same as the one here yes?

If that is the case I can plan again today everything.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.


Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#116 User is offline   Gaynor79 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 36907
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 21-August 09
  • Location:Tinley Park, IL

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

I have a small question. On the map layout, the place where my panel is being held (Hilton, Panels 2, Salon II) isn't anywhere on the map layout. There are several rooms listed, but none of them are labeled as such. Could you help me clear up this confusion?

  • 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users