• This topic is locked

ACen FINAL Schedule ** UPDATED ** FINAL SCHEDULE UPDATED

#31 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

What cherry_wolf has said is exactly right. Our issue isn't that the con has expanded to the point that some things have stretched into other hotels. Personally, that makes me happy because it means the con is growing and we're getting more variety in our panels. What's bothersome is that apparently none of the attendee-run panels will be held in the Hyatt, and neither will the masquerade. That doesn't leave much else to put in the Hyatt. We don't have very many guests as of yet, and since it's already April I'm not too hopeful on the guest list expanding by much. We don't even have a band announced. So really, what is going on in the Hyatt? Anything? I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm just honestly curious and concerned.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#32 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

I was not ignoring the question, like I said above, their are certain events going on at the different hotels which include things like Guest Panels etc. Its why I recommended everybody waits until Final Schedules are published before jumping to any conclusions and then giving us feedback at that point. That is the most I can really talk about at this time as FINAL schedules are still being worked out and this is a DRAFT schedule and mainly just shows Panelists and some rough outlines of other events.

Dances, Guests, Autographs, Industry events etc are not on this Draft Schedule. The main point again I am making is please wait and see when Final schedules are posted so you can see exactly where all the events are to get a big picture for ACen this year.

This is why sometimes every year we debate about posting any kind of schedule this early even if its a Draft to prevent this type of confusion as plans are ALWAYS being finalized throughout March/April.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#33 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'm not entirely sure why you're getting so defensive over this. All I want to know is whether or not panels are being planned to be put in the Hyatt at all, and if not, what sort of events are. It's just a question, not an angry demand, not a huge problem. Since tentative panel rooms are listed on the draft schedule and none of the panels are even tentatively listed for being in the Hyatt, I am wondering what exactly will be in the Hyatt. I'm not in the best physical shape and walking around the con every year exhausts me enough that I pretty much always wind up missing at least one event that I'd wanted to attend because I'm just too tired to get back up and walk somewhere else. For that reason, if the majority of the con's events will be in other hotels, this will be a big disappointment for me because that will mean even more walking than normal and therefore even more events missed out of sheer physical exhaustion.

Yes, it is a pretty big deal to me, but I'm just asking the question for the sake of knowing the answer. I'm not trying to be belligerent or gripey, I just want to know what sort of events are being planned to go in the Hyatt as of now.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#34 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:22 AM

View PostOhki, on 09 April 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

I'm not entirely sure why you're getting so defensive over this. All I want to know is whether or not panels are being planned to be put in the Hyatt at all, and if not, what sort of events are. It's just a question, not an angry demand, not a huge problem. Since tentative panel rooms are listed on the draft schedule and none of the panels are even tentatively listed for being in the Hyatt, I am wondering what exactly will be in the Hyatt. I'm not in the best physical shape and walking around the con every year exhausts me enough that I pretty much always wind up missing at least one event that I'd wanted to attend because I'm just too tired to get back up and walk somewhere else. For that reason, if the majority of the con's events will be in other hotels, this will be a big disappointment for me because that will mean even more walking than normal and therefore even more events missed out of sheer physical exhaustion.

Yes, it is a pretty big deal to me, but I'm just asking the question for the sake of knowing the answer. I'm not trying to be belligerent or gripey, I just want to know what sort of events are being planned to go in the Hyatt as of now.

Not being defense, as I said I cannot tell you exactly whats in every hotel until we have officially released the Schedule. That is the point I am trying to drive home. Any further discussion of this feel free to PM me anytime.

#35 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

Ooo, loving the list of panels that are going on this year. ^^ I'll have to print out the list later to share with my friends so we can have an idea of what we want to do, then wait anxiously for the final schedule.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#36 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

I was curious as to why the panel Are you the cancer killing your fandom was denied? I've gone to this panel before and found it very interesting. I was curious if there was going to be any other panel's like it?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#37 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 15 April 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

I was curious as to why the panel Are you the cancer killing your fandom was denied? I've gone to this panel before and found it very interesting. I was curious if there was going to be any other panel's like it?

Sadly, we do not directly comment on why a Panel was approved or not approved. The panelists were contacted privately about their panel before final decisions were made.

#38 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostZerox20, on 16 April 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

Sadly, we do not directly comment on why a Panel was approved or not approved. The panelists were contacted privately about their panel before final decisions were made.

I see, can you tell me if there is anything like this panel at all going to be offered this year at Acen?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#39 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 16 April 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

I see, can you tell me if there is anything like this panel at all going to be offered this year at Acen?

That I am not too sure of unfortunately. I would say once the final schedule comes out to reference it with the program book at ACen, since this will have descriptions of Panels from the Panelists.

#40 User is offline   mordion 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18340

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

I love the names people have for their panels!
Kichi Panel!

2012 cosplay: Tsumugi (Don't Say Lazy outfit)

#41 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

[edit] YAY, MOARz. :3 *keeping plan up-to-date with the updates* What's Hetalia Q&A?

This post has been edited by Skogkatt: 12 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#42 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

So I'm not sure if this has been answered, but I saw on the first page of 4/21/11 panel update that that version is the FINAL version. HOWEVER, the first post still says it is a draft. I am just asking because I don't want to print it out for pre-planning if it will be changed again
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#43 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

Will we be able to use that scheduling program like last year?
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#44 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

It is a DRAFT schedule no matter what the file name says. You should ONLY go off of final schedules posted on the frontpage or the official one from the convention itself, period.

KungPow; As of Right now I do not think we will be able to implement the Schedule due to how the information is stored this year. So I doubt there will be the online scheduler for 2011.

#45 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

O just a ps I see sailor moon squares in the hilton ballroom scheduled for those that were complaining about it, I only hit a few panels myself, since soo many people at the con and a huge vender area, after all soo many pretty ladies to photograph and well made costumes to get ideas from.

#46 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

Oh wow I didn't know that the list was updated I need a new laptop, just 2 more weeks and then I can be a head of everything. Wow so many things to see this year I can't wait. Dance Party!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :thumbup:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#47 User is offline   subgunner34 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57506

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

It looks like the Godzilla panel is gone! Oh well, it's still a great schedule!

This post has been edited by subgunner34: 25 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

#48 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostZerox20, on 23 April 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

It is a DRAFT schedule no matter what the file name says. You should ONLY go off of final schedules posted on the frontpage or the official one from the convention itself, period.

KungPow; As of Right now I do not think we will be able to implement the Schedule due to how the information is stored this year. So I doubt there will be the online scheduler for 2011.

Thanks for answering and thanks for answering KungPow also. I was wondering the same thing. I loved the online scheduler. Made for great help when I didn't realize I had conflicts.

As for the final schedule, any ideas yet as to when that one will be up?
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#49 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:51 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on 26 April 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

Thanks for answering and thanks for answering KungPow also. I was wondering the same thing. I loved the online scheduler. Made for great help when I didn't realize I had conflicts.

As for the final schedule, any ideas yet as to when that one will be up?

As of this Post, I do not have any kind of ETA on the Final, we thought we had it wrapped up, but then last minute guest changes & new panels for Guests were added and need to be mixed in now. Hopefully we will have a FULL schedule posted soon.

#50 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

i sad to see there is no pokemon panel, i mean we had a new release and a new handheld to talk about what if's for the next game. maybe not enough room? happy that layton got a panel since it a newer game.

i am staying at the intercontinental, so if everything is not at the Hyatt is not a issue for me.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#51 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

View Postsubgunner34, on 25 April 2011 - 10:09 PM, said:

It looks like the Godzilla panel is gone! Oh well, it's still a great schedule!

I was hopping for this one too. That's kind of sad that they took that out. I suppose the panelist wasn't in the ready.

Pardon the Pause

#52 User is offline   SinGrinz 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58900

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

DUUUUDE were is the yaoi panel *panicky*
LOLOLOLOL
when you see me, you'll see that crazy gleam
yes I am a yaoi freak <3

COSPLAY
Pyramid Head with Nurse Purse::: Silent Hill ::: 90%
Villetta Nu::: Code Geass ::: 25%
Rave Costume: Black March Hair Raver::: N/A ::: 10%

#53 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

What?! I didn't know that there was an update on the draft!!! The map better be easy to read. <_<

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 11 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#54 User is offline   Starlett-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8671

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

so if i'm reading this correctly... a lot of panels were cut down to half an hour only, right?
2014 LIST
Judith -- Tales of Vesperia
Haruka Nanase (ED Arabian outfit & ED Club outfit) -- Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Yato -- Noragami

#55 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

Huh? Not very many panels were cut down at all. I don't believe we have ANY 30 minute panels.

#56 User is offline   Mystline 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 35204

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

Damn, the yuri and yaoi panels are not there. ;A;

#57 User is offline   that-one-girl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58546

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostZerox20, on 12 May 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Huh? Not very many panels were cut down at all. I don't believe we have ANY 30 minute panels.

Looking at the schedule, I also thought that the panels were all 30 minutes; I guess I read wrong. Do you mind explaining how I should read it? Sorry, I've never been much good with reading these things properly ^^;.

#58 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

How do we know which guest panels have autograph sessions?

What the...? The Flow Q&A is the same time as the masquerade? And Yoshiki conflicts with it too?!

Please tell me this isn't true.

Wow. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get everyone's autographs. I was really hoping there would be a guest-wide panel at some point with the VAs, or a little more spread throughout the weekend.

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 12 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Rawr. ♥

#59 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

Is there anywhere we can look for a description of the panels?
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#60 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

View PostKrystal, on 12 May 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Is there anywhere we can look for a description of the panels?

I was wondering that too. Some of them, like "Tales from the Script," don't really explain what they are. And what do the different colors mean? Particularly orange...

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 12 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

Rawr. ♥

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users