• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Die Cut Stickers looking for die cut sticker sellers

#1 User is offline   Dark_Neko 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 19142

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

So a few years back I bought quite a few die cut stickers for my car, but it's just about time for a new car. So I need more die cut stickers from various anime series. Is anyone selling die cut stickers this year?

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostDark_Neko, on 24 March 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

So a few years back I bought quite a few die cut stickers for my car, but it's just about time for a new car. So I need more die cut stickers from various anime series. Is anyone selling die cut stickers this year?

No, and here is why.
In previous years people would STEAL artwork from other Artists, and popular series and then copy/paste or vector it onto the stickers. Then they would cut it out, and sell it. The way they did this was a violation of intellectual property rights, and it also violated copy right laws. We put a stop to that right away.
The only way we would be willing to consider a "special circumstance" regarding our policy located here, http://www.acen.org/node/26, concerning stickers, would be if it was your own original artwork, and you hold the copyrights to that art. If it is of any popular or nonpopular series, the seller will be removed from the Artist Alley and/or vendor hall immediately without a second chance.

I know it sounds really tough and draconian to some, but we take STEALING as very serious business here at Anime Central.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Jamcaro 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59719

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 24 March 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

No, and here is why.
In previous years people would STEAL artwork from other Artists, and popular series and then copy/paste or vector it onto the stickers. Then they would cut it out, and sell it. The way they did this was a violation of intellectual property rights, and it also violated copy right laws. We put a stop to that right away.
The only way we would be willing to consider a "special circumstance" regarding our policy located here, http://www.acen.org/node/26, concerning stickers, would be if it was your own original artwork, and you hold the copyrights to that art. If it is of any popular or nonpopular series, the seller will be removed from the Artist Alley and/or vendor hall immediately without a second chance.

I know it sounds really tough and draconian to some, but we take STEALING as very serious business here at Anime Central.

would you be able to use them if they weren't sold? a.k.a. no profit made off the artwork.

just curious.

#4 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

sry still copyright infringement
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#5 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

Oh no, that sucks! I knew T-shirts weren't allowed anymore but I didn't realize vinyl stickers were banned too ;~;

I'm really glad you guys take art theft so seriously, though.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 24 March 2011 - 11:02 PM, said:

Oh no, that sucks! I knew T-shirts weren't allowed anymore but I didn't realize vinyl stickers were banned too ;~;

I'm really glad you guys take art theft so seriously, though.

Original Artwork should be fine on T-Shirts so long as it conforms to the rules listed on the website. If it is not Original Art work, you can expect an interesting visit though :\
I know at one point we opened up that particular idea to AA artists, and it wasn't received very well, since it would discriminate against Original Artwork. So we didn't move forward on fully outlawing T-Shirts :)
The way the rules currently stand, it prohibits mass production clothing vendors, and regular clothing vendors from getting into the Alley and taking place away from Artists :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#7 User is offline   Fyire Childe 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59629

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 24 March 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

Original Artwork should be fine on T-Shirts so long as it conforms to the rules listed on the website. If it is not Original Art work, you can expect an interesting visit though :\
I know at one point we opened up that particular idea to AA artists, and it wasn't received very well, since it would discriminate against Original Artwork. So we didn't move forward on fully outlawing T-Shirts :)
The way the rules currently stand, it prohibits mass production clothing vendors, and regular clothing vendors from getting into the Alley and taking place away from Artists :)

So my humorous nerd culture bumper stickers that are my own original graphic designs won't be a problem, right?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users