Anime Central Forums: Highschool of the Dead - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Highschool of the Dead Who wants the Dub?

#1 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

Who doesn't like an anime with great artwork, a decent storyline, plenty of over the top violence and fan service?
Well if you don't, then simply move to a different page. This is not the anime for you.

For the rest of us...

Anime Network is now airing High School Of The Dead (HOTD) in both sub and dub form. Yes, you've read right, the dub. Given that the subs have already taken up a HUGE fan base in the States, Anime Network has exclusive right to air the Dub. Sadly they are only listing it through on demand not their website (as of yet). This is available for both Comcast and Direct TV costumers.

I've been fortunate enough to see both versions completely through, and let me tell you. I enjoyed them both.

As of this week, Episodes 1 and 2 are available and Episode 3 will be available on the 24th. Enjoy
:thumbup:

This post has been edited by S1NN3R: 22 March 2011 - 02:06 AM

"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#2 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

I watched the first ep. as a dub on anime network on Sat. I finished watching the series with subs on hulu yesterday. Awesome! I did enjoyed them both.
It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

I bought the manga so going to go check the anime out after I read it.

I normally stay away from manga/anime that's almost 50% based on women fan service but it seems like an interesting plot line though :)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

I don't think I'd want the dub. I started watching it subbed and it's hard for me to switch once I've started watching it one way over the other.

I really hope there's a second season or a movie that continues the story.

#5 User is offline   Se Ga Hikui 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59701

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

Normally I very much dislike the dubs, but this one is not bad in the least! I plan to stick with the subs though. Translations are nice, but they do not have the same ring that the Japanese words do. Lots of meaning is lost! Yes, I still read subtitles though because I can only pick up about 10% of what is said [and most of that ten percent consists of "I" "you" and "moron"]
Cosplaying As:

-Shindo Shuichi [Gravitation]
-Hiroki Kamijo [Junjou Romantica]
-Ritsuka Aoyagi [Loveless]
-Ciel Phantomhive [Kuroshitsuji]
-Rio Takeuchi [Spiral Suiri no Kizuna]
-Jyou [Exist Trace]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users