Anime Central Forums: Need your help for a gift for old Mario and Princess Peach Cosplayers - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need your help for a gift for old Mario and Princess Peach Cosplayers

#1 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hey guys and gals, any of you who've been around Acen for awhile probably have seen the old couple that cosplays as Mario and Princess Peach. Last year I was talking to them and they said that 2010 or 2011 will be their last year cosplaying since age is finally catching up with them. It's quite sad because they've been one of the biggest highlights for me at Acen and something I look forward to each year.

I'd like for your help to create a memento book for them to give to them this year. If you have any pictures that you've taken of or with them let me know. Or if you'd like to submit a short letter on how they've inspired you or made your day write it down and it'll be included.

The idea is to collect as many photos and letters as I can and put them into a book and publish it through blurb.com and then hand it to them at the convention this year.

What do you guys think? Anyone up for submitting photos or letters?

If you need a refresher on what they look like here's a photo from last year: http://fotaku.com/mario-n-peach.jpg

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

I wouldn't mind helping except I dunno if I met them before or not DX

I could still make a letter on how awesome they are though.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

aw seeing them at the cons each year made me happy, but i guess all good things must come to an end at one point or another
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#4 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

I've never met them, but I would love to write them a letter for your memento book. They're an inspiration, and I hope that I'm half as fun at their age as they are.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#5 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

View Postlevelsixtyseven, on 23 March 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

^ Ahaha thanks Scott! Lols at 3D. it's the new thing you know. Especially with the new Nintendo 3DS Now I'm just rambling.

Alas, smugmug gets copyright even though it's a host site. But it's a great awesome host site! I recommend any photographer to use smugmug!

I don't believe I've seen them, but I'll make a point to look this year in case they do attend.

A nice idea. Good luck finding pictures. I would offer mine if I had some... :(

This post has been edited by Scott: 23 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

#6 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 21 March 2011 - 10:17 PM, said:

I could still make a letter on how awesome they are though.

That'd be cool if you could write a letter! Message me what you say and I'll include it. Thanks. :)

View PostDarko, on 21 March 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

aw seeing them at the cons each year made me happy, but i guess all good things must come to an end at one point or another

True true... hopefully the torch will be passed on.

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 22 March 2011 - 02:56 PM, said:

I've never met them, but I would love to write them a letter for your memento book. They're an inspiration, and I hope that I'm half as fun at their age as they are.

Thanks! Send me what you'd like to say and I'll put it in the book.

View PostScott, on 22 March 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

A nice idea. Go luck finding pictures. I would offer mine if I had some... :(

Thank you, I was thinking about searching flickr and DA and asking the owners if I could use their pictures if I found any. Hopefully it'll turn out awesome.

#7 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Found pictures via facebook of them. Let me know if you don't have a fb to see this,

http://www.facebook....02745479&type=1

http://www.facebook....16913776&type=1

http://www.flickr.co...157626658185157

This post has been edited by SongstressLenne: 23 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

#8 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

i've seen them every year for the past three years that I've attended and it just goes to show that you can never be too old for this convention. i would love to write them a letter just to let them know how awesome they are.
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users