Curfew law? What is the actual wording?

#1 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

I was looking at the Acen rules and it says:

"Local curfew laws dictate that persons 17 and under, unless registered guests of the hotel or accompanied by a legal guardian, must be off hotel grounds by midnight."

I was trying to find out what the actual wording of the curfew law is, but I cannot find one posted online for Rosemont anywhere. Can someone tell me if the "local laws" referred to here are Illinois laws or Rosemont? If it is Rosemont, does anyone know what the wording of the law is?

I am wondering because I might be taking a friend's kid to Acen and I need to know if the law actually says they must be accompanied by a legal guardian only. The IL law says "unless accompanied and supervised by a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible companion at least 18 years of age approved by a parent or legal guardian" so that should not be a problem. So I need to know if there is a local Rosemont law that says legal guardians only, or if "other responsible companion at least 18 years of age approved by a parent" is acceptable like the state law says.

#2 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

I believe it's not local anymore, but statewide curfew.

"It is unlawful for a person less than seventeen (17) years of age to be present at or upon any public assembly, building, place, street or highway at the following times unless accompanied and supervised by a parent, legal guardian or other responsible companion at least eighteen (18) years of age approved by a parent or legal guardian, unless attending or traveling to or from a religious, civic, educational or political event or gathering, or unless engaged in a business or occupation which the laws of this state authorize a person less than seventeen (17) years of age to perform:

* Saturday - Between 12:01 am and 6:00 am
* Sunday - Between 12:01 am and 6:00 am
* Sunday to Thursday, inclusive - Between 11:00 pm and 6:00 am on the following day

A law enforcement officer may not detain a child or take a child into custody based on a violation of this section unless the law enforcement officer, after speaking with the child and considering the facts and surrounding circumstances, reasonably believes that:

1. The child has violated this subsection; and
2. There is no legal defense to the violation. (Ord. M-15-04, 4-5-2004)
"
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#3 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

I was unaware that it didn't have to be a legal guardian!

I'm 16 years old and this is my third year attending the convention, but first year attending soap bubble. I was under the previous assumption that I would have to leave and be back at my hotel by midnight, I'll be going to soap bubble with a large group of friends-several of which are 18. Does this mean I can stay as late as I want as long as my parents are cool with it?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#4 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on 05 March 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

I was unaware that it didn't have to be a legal guardian!

I'm 16 years old and this is my third year attending the convention, but first year attending soap bubble. I was under the previous assumption that I would have to leave and be back at my hotel by midnight, I'll be going to soap bubble with a large group of friends-several of which are 18. Does this mean I can stay as late as I want as long as my parents are cool with it?

To the best of my understanding, the curfew law applies only to those people that are not guests of the hotel.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#5 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 05 March 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

To the best of my understanding, the curfew law applies only to those people that are not guests of the hotel.

I'm staying in a hotel, but it's not the Hyatt.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#6 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on 05 March 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

I'm staying in a hotel, but it's not the Hyatt.

While it is not my area, so don't take my word for it, you would then have to be out of the hyatt and back to your hotel by midnight unless you are with someone acting as your legal guardian.

That is someone approved by your parents and is at least 18 according to state law.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users