• This topic is locked

Johnny's Entertainment 2011?

#1 User is offline   Eirwenエレニ 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19358

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hello everyone! I thought I might start this thread already since the panel submission deadline has passed and it doesn't look like there's going to be a JE panel from the looks of things. There's an Asian Man/Johnny's Entertainment listing in the "interested gatherings" section of the mod post, but I didn't see a time listed on the master schedule and there wasn't a posted linked to, so I assumed that the post has yet to be made.

So, interested in Japanese boy bands such as Arashi, KinKi Kids, V6, News, KAT-TUN, and so on? This is the place for you! Come join the Johnny's meet-up at Acen and socialize with fellow JE fans!

In terms of the time, I will be participating in the masquerade (which was why I couldn't attend last year), so any time after 4 on Saturday is out of the question, and I can't do Friday mornings since I won't be heading toward Rosemont until my classes end at around noon. But any other time is fair game. Right now I'm thinking Friday night or early afternoon on Saturday, but if we have to, we might be able to do Sunday morning too. Let me know what works for you!

And for stuff to do, I'm thinking of maybe a few games, and definitely karaoke with JE songs, but I think we should leave time for people to just socialize as well. Suggestions?

Day: Saturday
Time: 12 - 12:30 pm

This post has been edited by Eirwenエレニ: 16 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

#2 User is offline   limegummi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 30856

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Friendly bump for other JE fans, and agreement that this should happen!

I posted in the panel thread that I have an old (and kinda DoS) Aiba suguroku board from a meetup last year. I can pop all the stuff in my car and bring it out if people want to play. Or someone can make their own game boards.

JE songs is a definite. Also I think jammin Spoony Bards style with instruments would be awesome. I dunno if there are any guitar players - I have a ukulele that I can bring, so songs set to guitar chords like C, G, A, etc will work on it.

My other idea is that we could do a swap. I have a lot of magazine posters and clippings I wouldn't mind trading away. But is stuff like that allowed?

I'm 70% sure I'll be dressed as Kaibutsu-kun, so I'll be easy to spot!

#3 User is offline   Eirwenエレニ 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19358

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

View Postlimegummi, on 15 May 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

Friendly bump for other JE fans, and agreement that this should happen!

I posted in the panel thread that I have an old (and kinda DoS) Aiba suguroku board from a meetup last year. I can pop all the stuff in my car and bring it out if people want to play. Or someone can make their own game boards.

JE songs is a definite. Also I think jammin Spoony Bards style with instruments would be awesome. I dunno if there are any guitar players - I have a ukulele that I can bring, so songs set to guitar chords like C, G, A, etc will work on it.

My other idea is that we could do a swap. I have a lot of magazine posters and clippings I wouldn't mind trading away. But is stuff like that allowed?

I'm 70% sure I'll be dressed as Kaibutsu-kun, so I'll be easy to spot!

That sounds great! I can also bring my laptop and karaoke versions of the songs (mostly Arashi though, and some senpai groups). And a swap sounds awesome too, if we can have enough people show up! (And it seems like there's a time and place decided for us by the modly beings, because I don't recall submitting it for the gathering schedule?)

#4 User is offline   limegummi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 30856

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, I was looking for this thread because I saw the spot on the schedule!

I posted the info to je_us_fans on livejournal, in the hopes that more people will see it.

And I made JE character cards for Guess Who?, so I'm eager to try it out. XD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users