• This topic is locked

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU what makes you mad?

#31 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8641

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

I hate when people don't read signs or just don't care. I also hate when those same people decide to try and make a screaming match over whatever it is they refused to read and/or didn't care about.

I was seconds away from lunging at someone across the counter at work the other day because she wouldn't stop being an idiot about how we have to mark the bar codes on the books since they're non-returnable. "THAT'S MY BOOK, YOU CAN'T DO THAT" "You haven't even paid for it yet, it isn't yours. I'm marking it now so if you don't want it BEFORE you pay for it, you don't have to buy it." Etc. I rarely ever get so riled up, but I suppose the looming thought of losing my job, coupled with lines an hour long, coupled with a stupid **** of a 'customer' just hit me in the weak spot. If anyone's wondering... yes, she DID walk out with the book. My co-worker told her to gtfo before it got too heated and then he gave me a hug.

Then again, I think the general public in... er... general, makes me angry. Too many idiots out there, it makes an otherwise wonderful job utterly horrendous.

I also second the vast majority of the things already said. Lousy driving and judging based on hobbies are definitely at the top of the list.

@Visadin - I feel for you, really. There are things that really can get me to go from extremely happy to overly pissed in seconds - usually things dealing with sound. I can't listen to commercials, and I haven't heard the radio or watched television in years mostly due to the fact that if something bugs me, it gets on my nerves extremely quickly. It can provoke the absolute worst reactions from me, and it makes me feel absolutely terrible, especially when that makes me go off at someone I care a lot about. *hugs* It'll be okay... just keep working at it. D:

This post has been edited by Ishoku Osero: 03 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

#32 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

^ Sorry about your job. I hope you find a new one and that dumb @** people shut their traps and give you a break.
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#33 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

The Fujoshi: thanks, and i do need to relax, but the only way to relax for me is working at a job, and i been out of a job for 3 months, it sucks being broke for the holidays. but now i have a part time job at a brewery with my brother in law, but the machine broke 2 weeks ago and was just fixed, and also didn't help that it a small place and we only brew when we have a order. also may i ask what is "lemon'? i have a very open mind but just pm me what it is if you can.

P-Bear: funny part is i don't mind any other state farm commercial, it just i hate that one.

Ishoku Osero: for me it when i am just doing nothing, when i have nothing to do thoughts build in my head and it mostly "everyone hates me" ideas, then i lash out. it annoying tome and others, having a job or a activaty seem to calm it down, mainly working, hanging with people like friends and family, painting warhammer modals, and games that have are not huge with online to not deal with morons (i had a huge falling out with my guild in wow with people i once called friends, it still hurts me)

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 03 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#34 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

I hate being in a car with an idiot driver
that I have to grab the wheel although i cant drive myself.
Just ignorant people urk me so hard.

I dislike alot of things but what really sets me off is
myself being put down by someone >.>

I kinda lose it...
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#35 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

dude, the budweiser frogs..i still think these kinds of commercials are in the minority..

while we're on the subject of family guy, pretty much every animated thing on fox is pretty horrible by my standards--and they canceled king of the hill, which was the last clever show they even had on that channel! wtf?! even worse than family guy is how DUMB the writing is for the simpsons nowadays! that show used to be this incredibly smart and cynical social satire with well-written characters, dialogue, etc. and it's degenerated into the same stupid family guy-ish gags as every seth mcfarland series.

4/5 american sitcoms right now are the dumbest, most predictable, pie-in-face-ha-ha sort of comedy..it annoys and disappoints me to no end. movies, too--avatar and effing TRANSFORMERS are mega-smash hits?! i mean, even if you like those films, you have to admit that they don't deserve THAT level of ridiculous success. mentally-marginalized, dumbed-down paper-thin one-dimensional characters, uninspired ideas and plotlines..*sigh* it's like people are getting dumber and dumber, and pop culture has to keep sinking lower and lower to make sure they're appealing to and not doing anything that might go over the head of the average, drooling dumb-dumb. the idea that entertainment can be thought-provoking is soooo taboo right now.

let's not do anything that can't be understood by every single idiot, because if something goes over their heads SOMEBODY MIGHT GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT OR FEEL STUPID OH NOES. it's that feeling that sparks intellectual curiosity in people IN THE FIRST PLACE! if you pander to audiences by dumbing everything down for them, no one ever feels insecure that they can't understand what's going on or that they're not getting a joke, BUT NO ONE LEARNS ANYTHING, EITHER!

also, the food at mcdonalds! I HATES IT!!!! D:<<<
(mcflurries are okay, though.)

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 03 March 2011 - 03:00 AM

#36 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

-Hypocrites

-People who know that they have some kind of flaw that bothers everyone around them (they talk too much, they tend to say offensive things, etc. etc) and then don't bother doing anything to fix it.

-That feeling you get when people ask you "why do you like [anime/ video games/ etc]? I don't understand it..." like they're judging you and really have no interest in ever "understanding it."

-People who take feminism too far.

-"Political correctness"

-People who are disrespectful and don't even seem to know what "respect" is.

-People who stab you in the back and then think you can still be friends.

-People who lie to you because they think they're "protecting your feelings."

-People who don't give you straight answers.

-Writer's block

-Writer's block while working on a class assignment.

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 03 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#37 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

View PostKaay-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

-Hypocrites

-People who know that they have some kind of flaw that bothers everyone around them (they talk too much, they tend to say offensive things, etc. etc) and then don't bother doing anything to fix it.

-That feeling you get when people ask you "why do you like [anime/ video games/ etc]? I don't understand it..." like they're judging you and really have no interest in ever "understanding it."

-People who take feminism too far.

-"Political correctness"

-People who are disrespectful and don't even seem to know what "respect" is.

-People who stab you in the back and then think you can still be friends.

-People who don't give you straight answers.

-Writer's block

-Writer's block while working on a class assignment.

all of these are clearly directed at me, kaay! O:<
lol

#38 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:39 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 03:31 AM, said:

all of these are clearly directed at me, kaay! O:<
lol

lol. No. Though, I must say, I must take issue with your comment about McDonalds. That Big Mac and fries are what get me through the line at Masquerade every year >_>
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

-Sidney Sheldon

#39 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

View PostKaay-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 03:39 AM, said:

lol. No. Though, I must say, I must take issue with your comment about McDonalds. That Big Mac and fries are what get me through the line at Masquerade every year >_>

lol, oh, man..i'm pretty famous for raging at the suggestion to eat at mcdonalds; i can't stomach any of their food at all. like, halfway through the meal, my stomach starts doing cartwheels and reacting like, 'what were you THINKING?!' even if i wanted to, i really can't eat the food there..

i remember doing this face a lot when roommates pointed out that mcdonalds was the closest and cheapest place to eat during the acen weekend:
http://i24.photobuck...pg?t=1299145730

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 03 March 2011 - 03:52 AM

#40 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

lol, oh, man..i'm pretty famous for raging at the suggestion to eat at mcdonalds; i can't stomach any of their food at all. like, halfway through the meal, my stomach starts doing cartwheels and reacting like, 'what were you THINKING?!' even if i wanted to, i really can't eat the food there..

i remember doing this face a lot when roommates pointed out that mcdonalds was the closest and cheapest place to eat during the acen weekend:
http://i24.photobuck...pg?t=1299145730

D= I'm sorry! We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Oh, here's one!

-When people who aren't part of the anime fandom assume that just because I like anime, it means I like ALL anime/ know EVERYTHING about Anime/ Japan. -_-

-When people find out you are studying a foreign language and ask you to say something in that language. Watashi wa not a parrot. kthanx.

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 03 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

-Sidney Sheldon

#41 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:08 AM

lol, no, i just meant it's not purely me disliking the taste so much as my body rejecting the amount of sugar and high-fructose corn syrup they use as the main ingredient in everything, including the salads.

#42 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

lol, no, i just meant it's not purely me disliking the taste so much as my body rejecting the amount of sugar and high-fructose corn syrup they use as the main ingredient in everything, including the salads.

I know, that's why I said "poor you." You said "even if I wanted to," so I figured that you probably also didn't like McDonald's, on top of not being able to eat the food.

-Sidney Sheldon

#43 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:45 AM

View PostP-Bear, on 02 March 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

Family Guy. I hate Family Guy soooo much, because every freakin' person at school or on facebook thinks Family Guy is just HILARIOUS, even though they don't understand the references and even though 95% of the references aren't funny. Family Guy is the modern equivalent of crappy 90s comics whose whole bit was to be like "Hey! Remember the Smurfs?! Remember 8 tracks?! Remember SuperTramp?1 What's the deal?!?" Every single joke in Family Guy is basically a "hey, remember this movie from the 80s? Yeah? So do we!" BIIIIIIIIG LAUGHS

Oh hellz yeah. THANK YOU. All my friends think Family Guy is the most awesome cartoon ever made, and I find it generally disgusting, insulting, and a vehicle for Seth McFarlane's personal political ego trips. While there have been some damn funny stuff on Family Guy, most of the time it's just to see what it can get away with. While I'm not a big fan of South Park either, they at least spare no one in their parodies. Family Guy chooses only targets that can't or won't fight back--just like the backyard bully.

I also agree with the reality TV craze, though I admit to a love for Deadliest Catch and Sons of Guns.

My pet peeves are those people who can't agree to disagree, but want the other side silenced. I lost a friend a week ago because of a political flame war, which saddens me. That's true of a lot of things, such as anime fans who simply cannot accept that you don't like Series X, and think you're a lesser person because of it, or people who refuse to accept that there are good Republicans and bad Democrats, and good Democrats and bad Republicans.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"I don't like the New England Patriots, either"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#44 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Who know what I hate? Hate.
Oh yeah, I also hate Love too.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#45 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

I'm having this issue right now with my mom. I have to lie about stuff constantly because if I am honest she bitches, talks down, or makes snarky cruel comments about it. Like me buying doujinshi is a 'waste of time and we have prorities,' but apparently playing cards/gambling/etc. is NOT. So I lie. Same thing goes with other things like my bf. If she knew I was dating him and where I met him she would raise a fit for weeks. She complained about my DEAD bf when I told her the truth about meeting him online. I know she's a parent but you can't say one thing and then do the opposite like vanish for two days without calling and then not telling you where you was at or anything. This resulted in me losing my job.

So when you said this it hit a nerve with me since I lie to 'protect her feelings,' and to stop the b.s. Some people just lie to lie because it's a habit or pathalogical liers but there are people like me that are STUCK and can't say the truth to certain people.

Keiichi that's not fair that's like saying I can't eat anything dairy but can eat ice cream. Asking because so far the only thing I personally cannot eat is peppers and cabbage. I tried everything in Mcdonalds and the chicken wraps are not bad, dry but not bad, and they are the most healthiest thing in the menu. The worse things ARE the burgers and the chicken strips/sandwhiches but are mostly addicting depending on the person. This is why I compare myself to Patty from Lucky Star I was also curious if it was a mental thing because I know people who say they are going to hate something and they NEVER tried it and just hate it from mental disposition from the start. Like me and Century eggs.

I thought I was the only one that liked King of the Hill...

You need to quit your job if you deal with idiots like that. Retail is one of the more stressful jobs in the market. I was going to get transfer or get a new one myself before I was laid off because I couldn't handle the dumb people in the job and outside the job. At my old job depending on what department you worked in you was treated as a third world person or a grunt so I'm happy at least your coworkers are on your side/hugged you.

Viv-san you ever though about doing something you enjoy on the pc? Like this forum or whatever? You be shocked on what it does to people. Especially since you have no kids right? Bit easier to change personality quirks without kids than with kids.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#46 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59555

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

I too really enjoy(ed) King of the Hill and it's one of the few shows I still try to watch reruns of whenever possible. Where Family Guy shows no mercy and doesn't give a crap about offending people, King of the Hill was funny b/c Hank was such an even-keeled, normal guy and it was hilarious to see how he reacted to jackasses-- there was no need for humor that bashed huge groups of people.
"Thursday Night Meet 'n Greet" OG (the insane one, not that pancake one)

#47 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 March 2011 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'm having this issue right now with my mom. I have to lie about stuff constantly because if I am honest she bitches, talks down, or makes snarky cruel comments about it. Like me buying doujinshi is a 'waste of time and we have prorities,' but apparently playing cards/gambling/etc. is NOT. So I lie. Same thing goes with other things like my bf. If she knew I was dating him and where I met him she would raise a fit for weeks. She complained about my DEAD bf when I told her the truth about meeting him online. I know she's a parent but you can't say one thing and then do the opposite like vanish for two days without calling and then not telling you where you was at or anything. This resulted in me losing my job.

So when you said this it hit a nerve with me since I lie to 'protect her feelings,' and to stop the b.s. Some people just lie to lie because it's a habit or pathalogical liers but there are people like me that are STUCK and can't say the truth to certain people.

Keiichi that's not fair that's like saying I can't eat anything dairy but can eat ice cream. Asking because so far the only thing I personally cannot eat is peppers and cabbage. I tried everything in Mcdonalds and the chicken wraps are not bad, dry but not bad, and they are the most healthiest thing in the menu. The worse things ARE the burgers and the chicken strips/sandwhiches but are mostly addicting depending on the person. This is why I compare myself to Patty from Lucky Star I was also curious if it was a mental thing because I know people who say they are going to hate something and they NEVER tried it and just hate it from mental disposition from the start. Like me and Century eggs.

I thought I was the only one that liked King of the Hill...

You need to quit your job if you deal with idiots like that. Retail is one of the more stressful jobs in the market. I was going to get transfer or get a new one myself before I was laid off because I couldn't handle the dumb people in the job and outside the job. At my old job depending on what department you worked in you was treated as a third world person or a grunt so I'm happy at least your coworkers are on your side/hugged you.

Viv-san you ever though about doing something you enjoy on the pc? Like this forum or whatever? You be shocked on what it does to people. Especially since you have no kids right? Bit easier to change personality quirks without kids than with kids.

I agree with you on your first point. Lying to protect someone else's feelings, while dishonest, is not inherently a morally incorrect act. I'm sure that all of us can imagine many scenarios in which lying to someone (versus not lying to that person) is the best course of action. That does not make it any less dishonest, but it does make it morally and ethically justifiable. Now, I understand how one could be unhappy with the fact that they were lied to, especially if they were lied to because the liar wanted to spare their feelings. Honestly is usually the best policy, but little white lies have their place in the world.

This post has been edited by YoungBirdcall: 03 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#48 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

View PostP-Bear, on 03 March 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

I too really enjoy(ed) King of the Hill and it's one of the few shows I still try to watch reruns of whenever possible. Where Family Guy shows no mercy and doesn't give a crap about offending people, King of the Hill was funny b/c Hank was such an even-keeled, normal guy and it was hilarious to see how he reacted to jackasses-- there was no need for humor that bashed huge groups of people.

This is exactly why I enjoy King of the Hill. Hank has to deal with dullards and loons, but always finds a way to show them the light (in hilarious fashion) without being a jackass.

I hate Family Guy with a passion, especially because it produced such demon-spawn as American Dad and The Cleveland Show.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#49 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8641

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

If this was to me, then... um... I'm losing my job, because my store is closing. That's why we have to mark the books...

Also, thanks Ichigo. <3

This post has been edited by Ishoku Osero: 03 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

#50 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

I hate

-when I'm trying to lose weight, my skinnier family members join in and while I lose 3-5 pounds and I'm happy about it; the other person loses 20 and didn't really need to in the first place :C it's so discouraging, I swear

-when I have writer's block

-when I work 9am-5pm and have to turn around and come back in at 4am.
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#51 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Keiichi that's not fair that's like saying I can't eat anything dairy but can eat ice cream.

um..tell that too both my stomach and taste buds? i don't like the way it tastes and it makes me sick, dude. seriously. mcdonalds uses really crappy ingredients; i hope i'm not breaking the news to you about that. not everyone's system can stomach really greasy, sugary fast food. i don't drink soda, and for a while i was a vegetarian--might go back eventually--and once my body started eating healthy, my tolerance for really bad-for-you food stuffs was kind of broken..

besides, i've tried most of the stuff you mentioned and, although it's not poisonous, why would i eat at mcdonalds when i can just go to a wendy's or a denny's or whatever? it's not required that i eat mcdonalds, is it? i hear they're doing okay financially. i mean, whether they have me as a customer or not, i'm pretty sure they're gonna make it.. it's so weird that you took personal offense to that, lol.

That's true of a lot of things, such as anime fans who simply cannot accept that you don't like Series X, and think you're a lesser person because of it

i don't think anyone is actually like that.
fans will be defend series they like or pressure people to check it out, but i have never seen a single case of someone not accepting that someone doesn't like something, like, ever.

there's a difference between actually disliking something and having decided to not try something, because in the latter situation you don't really know whether or not you'd like something; you have decided pretty much that you don't care to find out whether you'd like it or not.

if some says 'high fidelity' is one of the best films ever created, but you think it looks stupid or hate john cusack, that's fine..but it's a whole different case if you're going to enter into an debate about whether it's a good or bad movie when you generally haven't seen it, because in that situation your opinion is wrong by default. there is no opinion to respect, because your opinion is based solely on conjecture. you can't win an argument or even demand your opinion be taken seriously when you're entering a debate with absolutely no real knowledge about the very topic of the argument.

if you're dismissed and not taken seriously if you enter a conversation about anime and claim X series is good, but follow up with an, '..even though i have never actually seen it before. the art looks really cool, so it's definitely a very good show.'

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 03 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

#52 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

I also dislike it when people judge an entire culture, religion, or country based upon the actions of a minority. Any time I hear Bill O'Reilly say that "Muslims want to blow us up" I feel a burning rage ignite within the core of my very being.

#53 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 03 March 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

I also dislike it when people judge an entire culture, religion, or country based upon the actions of a minority. Any time I hear Bill O'Reilly say that "Muslims want to blow us up" I feel a burning rage ignite within the core of my very being.

lol, oh, man..o'reilly is so insincere with everything he says and does recently, it amazes me that people actually take the character he's playing for the media seriously.

to be fair and non-partisan, though, i've seen pundits like lawrence o'donell, whip out the race card, completely out of the blue, to criticize libelist o'bama ads. he leans forward sometimes and goes, 'now..when the GOP says o'bama is just in the pocket of the unions, don't you think it insinuates that A BLACK MAN could never really be in charge?!'
i lol'd out loud, said, 'c'mon, that's a bit of a stretch..', and never took him seriously again.

This post has been edited by Keiichi-chan: 03 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

#54 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

I can't tolerate intolerance....
...wait. That means I can't tolerate myself!!!!
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#55 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

First, no offense, but it sounds to me like in this case you're lying less to protect her and more to protect yourself from her wrath. Just sayin.

What I meant was, I hate it when people lie to you about how they feel about you, just to protect your feelings. When I was a kid a girl I considered to be my best friend told me I was her best friend too, and then spent the next year pretty much ignoring me. When I confronted her about it, she said she had only said it because she "didn't want to hurt my feelings."

Then, last year, a person I considered to be a really good friend told me she didn't want to room with me because she wanted to stay friends with me and thought we'd end up killing each other if we roomed together. I accepted this at first, except then she was still saying this the day before the deadline for people who wanted to be in block housing, which we both did. So I ended up sitting there, worrying about whether I would be able to find a roommate or whether I would have to live with a stranger, all while watching her worry about the same thing even though I was RIGHT there. So while she was saying "I really want to stay friends with you," what I was hearing was "I would rather live with a complete stranger than live with you." And now she doesn't even really talk to me, even to say "hi" when we pass each other in the cafeteria.

Basically, if you have a problem with me, say so. Because if you don't, and you lead me into a false sense of security where I think that every thing is good and we're the best of friends and the world is full of sunshine and rainbows, when the truth comes out--and the truth almost always comes out, even if you don't mean it to (sometimes, you can tell a person is lying to you without anyone ever having to say so)--it hurts a HELL of a lot more than if you just told me you didn't like me in the first place. So for those of you who think it's okay to lie to someone to "protect their feelings," please keep this in mind. If you decide to lie anyway, pray to God that that person never finds out the truth, because I can't begin to tell you how much it hurts to find out the truth after being led on.

-Sidney Sheldon

#56 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 03 March 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

This happened right after Russia was bombed; I was getting annoyed with how they said WWIII was going to happen and Russia was going to nuke the middle east.

Actually this applies to Russia. People say Russia is all bad because it's cold and it used to be communist and it's the first thing people bring up without considering it's history or people. Or racist. But with countries like China they are SUGOI COOL because they are 'asian nations.' Same goes with the Middle East. I considered visiting both places. If I hear what happened to Germany over 50 years ago one more time...

Keiichi: don't get offended I just asked because I know people who complain about mcdonalds and it's a mental thing, as in they make themselves hate it or be sick from it just to say 'Wendys, Burger King, etc.' is better like the Console wars or they do eat some Mcdonalds but want something to put on their soap box. I hate most fast food places in general and usually try to avoid them but it's hard when you are poor and you have the option to either starve yourself for six hours or eat something on the cheap. This doesn't mean this is you I was just curious on your opinion. I have to deal with stupid people who love to complain about chinese food and how it upsets their stomachs but eat at the Noodle in Chinatown which is one of the worse places to get Pho in Chicago.

Ishoku Osero: silly bean read the rest! Quit like now if you can or look for another one no matter what the field. I know it's hard but it's better than being stressed out every day over people who are not worth it. If it helps I'm out of work and I got a kid. *hugs*

*Stop having fun guys make me mad too. Seriously it's a game....it's not life. You won't be less of a man or woman or w/e if you teach a noob how to play the game or a first timer without using 150 hit combo on the first turn and laugh in their face how you won. Or you brag about your win rate and then lose and claim up and down it doesn't count because of the tv/controller/etc.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#57 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

i am so upset at you, fujoshi!! rawr! rawr!
*steps on fujoshi*
*steps on fujoshi moreso!*

i also don't like pickles, AND THEY PUT IT IN THEIR BIG MAC SAUCE!!
sometimes i wanted to eat a big mac, but i want no pickles, but i still want the sauce!
everything about them is just wrong. but yeah, i agree with you that most fast food is just bad. i do hate mcdonalds for political and religious reasons as well, though. and when are they gonna update that mascot?! a clown, in 2011?! no kid even knows what a clown is anymore! contemporize, mcdonalds!

#58 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

that sucks about the potential roommate, kaay.
some people are just too shy to be upfront, and, i mean, she lied to try and not hurt your feelings. either she's just sort of cowardly, or she was enough of a friend to not want to hurt you too much, i guess..?

#59 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

i am so upset at you, fujoshi!! rawr! rawr!
*steps on fujoshi*
*steps on fujoshi moreso!*

i also don't like pickles, AND THEY PUT IT IN THEIR BIG MAC SAUCE!!
sometimes i wanted to eat a big mac, but i want no pickles, but i still want the sauce!
everything about them is just wrong. but yeah, i agree with you that most fast food is just bad. i do hate mcdonalds for political and religious reasons as well, though. and when are they gonna update that mascot?! a clown, in 2011?! no kid even knows what a clown is anymore! contemporize, mcdonalds!

WAaaaaaaaaaa *flatten like Teddy from P4*

You don't suppose to hurt...girls.....

*blows herself up* But Hey I don't support Mcdonalds! It's a Capitalistic icon da? I prefer KFC! XD Just kidding! I actually eat....Tonkotsu ramen >_>;

But sorry Kaay about that X( *hugs* Most people who do that are afraid or cowards.

lol you dunno my mom me and her bump heads. Like we got into a major fight over me cleaning up my room and I told her she didn't have to do it she just wanted an excuse to complain because she's anal and likes to complain. One time she said my uncle had the nerve to talk too much ha! We have issues so we lie to each other a lot. Like she would say 'going to the store,' and doesn't come back for five days and then comes back like nothing happens. And if I question her I'm wrong because she is the mom. Years of this plus spending the rent money has caused a lot of problems. Btw I don't lie to other people I'm 100% honest to the point it's embrassing. Just my mom and my crack family who view me as a black sheep. Like me being a pervert is wrong because it's not Christian or w/e.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#60 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 03 March 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

lol, oh, man..o'reilly is so insincere with everything he says and does recently, it amazes me that people actually take the character he's playing for the media seriously.

to be fair and non-partisan, though, i've seen pundits like lawrence o'donell, whip out the race card, completely out of the blue, to criticize libelist o'bama ads. he leans forward sometimes and goes, 'now..when the GOP says o'bama is just in the pocket of the unions, don't you think it insinuates that A BLACK MAN could never really be in charge?!'
i lol'd out loud, said, 'c'mon, that's a bit of a stretch..', and never took him seriously again.

That's precisely it, O'Reilly is playing a character, or perhaps more accurately, a caricature. I don't take any "newscaster" on Fox News seriously. Nor do I take anyone on MSNBC or CNN literally. The majority of "newscasters" on these networks are merely talking heads who regurgitate the latest talking points about hot-button issues. They spew out whatever garbage they're fed, acting as pundits instead of reporting objectively. If I want real, unbiased news coverage, I'll go to BBC.com. It's not perfect, but it's better than what we get on American television.

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users