• This topic is locked

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU what makes you mad?

#1 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59555

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

There's a thread for what scares us, a thread for stuff we like to read and listen to-- why not a thread for stuff that makes us want to enter beast mode and scream until our lungs explode?

I'll start-- among the many things I HATE are beer commercials. Every single one follows the same pattern, no matter what the beer or situational context: "Are you a DUDE? Aren't girls LAME and HARD TO PAY ATTENTION TO?! If you don't like this beer you should wear a DRESS 'cause you're a GIRL! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HERP DERP great taste HERP every man on earth is brainless DERP."

Don't try to lecture me on taste or keeping up appearances, beer commercials. I make my beer-buying decisions based on price and how many beers I can pour down my gullet without feeling full. If you want me to pay attention to how you're made or what awards you've won, act like ya got some sense and make a clever commercial. Jerks.
"Thursday Night Meet 'n Greet" OG (the insane one, not that pancake one)

#2 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

View PostP-Bear, on 02 March 2011 - 03:02 PM, said:

There's a thread for what scares us, a thread for stuff we like to read and listen to-- why not a thread for stuff that makes us want to enter beast mode and scream until our lungs explode?

I'll start-- among the many things I HATE are beer commercials. Every single one follows the same pattern, no matter what the beer or situational context: "Are you a DUDE? Aren't girls LAME and HARD TO PAY ATTENTION TO?! If you don't like this beer you should wear a DRESS 'cause you're a GIRL! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HERP DERP great taste HERP every man on earth is brainless DERP."

Don't try to lecture me on taste or keeping up appearances, beer commercials. I make my beer-buying decisions based on price and how many beers I can pour down my gullet without feeling full. If you want me to pay attention to how you're made or what awards you've won, act like ya got some sense and make a clever commercial. Jerks.

I agree, beer commercials in America are ridiculously horrible.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#3 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

View PostP-Bear, on 02 March 2011 - 03:02 PM, said:

I have to disagree with you, brah.
What's a beer commercial that doesn't reaffirm chauvinistic masculinity and objectify women?
I kinda like those Miller Lite commercials lately.
"They're skinny jeans. They're kinda in right now."
"No, they're not"

Although, I try not to drink those generic domestic beers if I have to.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 02 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#4 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

People who can't drive. Nothing makes me RAGE more than that. See me yelling at you through your rear view mirror, chances are you just did something stupid.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#5 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostRukariou, on 02 March 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

People who can't drive. Nothing makes me RAGE more than that. See me yelling at you through your rear view mirror, chances are you just did something stupid.

^
THIS.

I cannot agree more with your sentiment. Poor driving really makes me mad because it can be a matter of life and death. Plus, it's not like driving a car is super difficult or anything, so there's really no excuse for being a bad/dangerous driver.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#6 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

the beer commercials you're talking about existed in the early '90s and late '80s.
are you posting this thread all the way back there in the 1980s?

nowadays, we have awesome commercials like the dos equis guy enumerating his exploits, the captain morgan ones, etc. i haven't seen a beer add set to bikini-clad girls and frat boy shenanigans in quite a while..

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

*People who think you are lame or a kid just because you like comic books or video games instead of drinking, getting wasted, shopping (if you are a girl,) reading Essence or other magazines (if you are a girl,) or gossiping.

*Hyprocrites; especially if you hate people mocking you but you are the worse name caller in the universe.

*Double standards and bigots

*Ignorant stereotypical people (especially on the Red line of Chicago.)

*Hyprocrite emos :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#8 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 02 March 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

*Double standards and bigots

I agree.
I too, hate double standards but only the bad ones that doesn't benefit guys. :pirate2:

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 02 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#9 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 02 March 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

the beer commercials you're talking about existed in the early '90s and late '80s.
are you posting this thread all the way back there in the 1980s?

nowadays, we have awesome commercials like the dos equis guy enumerating his exploits, the captain morgan ones, etc. i haven't seen a beer add set to bikini-clad girls and frat boy shenanigans in quite a while..

The Dos Equis guy is fine. I'm talking about the miller lite or bud lite or w/e they are that put men in skirts and make them hold purses, etc. to imply that they're girly men because they don't care about how their light beer tastes.

#10 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Not from 1980s

#11 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

View PostP-Bear, on 02 March 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

The Dos Equis guy is fine. I'm talking about the miller lite or bud lite or w/e they are that put men in skirts and make them hold purses, etc. to imply that they're girly men because they don't care about how their light beer tastes.

Even though I don't care for American beer, making fun of men's masculinity and insecurities is funny and clever. That's good satire.
Besides, real men shouldn't be drinking lite beer in the first place. What are you, watching your figure or something? B)

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 02 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#12 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

You know those beers go straight to my thighs!

This post has been edited by P-Bear: 02 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

#13 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

2 words

Bieber Fever
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#14 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

...But he's the songbird of a generation!!!1

#15 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

1. People who think that they are so important that they need a cell phone/smart phone welded to their faces 24/7. Don't delude yourselves. You aren't that important.

2. People who can't/won't make the distinction between text-speak and proper-speak. I get many emails from those who don't know that 4 is a number and UR are just random letters. I don't respond to them.

3. I can handle misspelled words. Not those who intentionally do it to hide the fact that they're an idiot.

4. Reality TV. This thing I constantly experience called life is real enough thanks.

5. Fast moving zombies.... I mean really.... they're dead, they're decaying... by definition, they can't move.... (Rigor Mortis Anyone?)

6. The "I have a right to..." types.... C'mon. If you haven't done squat to earn something then you have no right to it.

7. "Attitude" where none is needed.

8. Those who confuse being smart with being a smart-$$a. It you can pop off a "smart" quip, it just means that you remember what you heard in a movie.

9. Those who can't think for themselves. Don't follow trends... create them.

10. Those who belittle others to make themselves seem more important.

Single biggest thing.... HYPOCRISY!

This post has been edited by tfcreate: 02 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#16 User is offline   NonokeCute-zie 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 981

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Some of the women at my gym piss me off.
They all feel so guilty about what they're eating and they're always talking about how much weight they want to lose because they feel uncomfortable. If you feel so uncomfortable about your weight, why would you tell a complete stranger that?? Most of them are usually a lot thinner than me as well. It's like...dude, quit talking about it and go run some more laps then, I don't want to hear your 'I'm so fat' story!

People who don't use their turn signals while driving piss me off.

People who have no respect whatsoever for other people's things.

People at the store who see me fixing and hanging up clothes, who then just throw shirts and pants over the racks. WTF.

People who judge me based off my hobbies, or more commonly based off the music I listen to. You don't know me!!

There's more but that's all I could think of atm....
Possible future cosplays:
[Nyuu] of Elfen Lied
[Melfina] of Outlaw Star
Neogrotesque[Kirito] of Pierrot
Alibi [Aki] of SID

#17 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

View PostNonokeCute-zie, on 02 March 2011 - 06:44 PM, said:

People at the store who see me fixing and hanging up clothes, who then just throw shirts and pants over the racks. WTF.

LOL You work at a clothing store don't you? I used to work at BR and hated hated hated when someone ask me do we have something, I check, then I say hold on let me check in the back and YOU CAN'T FIND THEM when you find the size like barely a minute later XD Or worse they see you fixing a pile of clothes and still dump/search through the pile for their size after you ask what size they need and then get mad when they can't find it.

Yeah working at retail is a pain *pat pat*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#18 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

Drivers who stalk people to their parking spot and stake out the place - especially when said person has a cart full of groceries. Seriously you lazy jerk, if you go down and take the spot 8 cars down, you'll get in the store faster AND not hold up 5 other drivers who aren't as lazy as you.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#19 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

I thought of another one:

There is a difference between your/you're they're/their/there to/too/two ffs. Elementary English, please use it.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#20 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

View PostRukariou, on 02 March 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

I thought of another one:

There is a difference between your/you're they're/their/there to/too/two ffs. Elementary English, please use it.

That bothers me too, and it bothers me even more when you correct someone and then all of a sudden you're a "grammar nazi" for doing so.

Family Guy. I hate Family Guy soooo much, because every freakin' person at school or on facebook thinks Family Guy is just HILARIOUS, even though they don't understand the references and even though 95% of the references aren't funny. Family Guy is the modern equivalent of crappy 90s comics whose whole bit was to be like "Hey! Remember the Smurfs?! Remember 8 tracks?! Remember SuperTramp?1 What's the deal?!?" Every single joke in Family Guy is basically a "hey, remember this movie from the 80s? Yeah? So do we!" BIIIIIIIIG LAUGHS

#21 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

I used to love Family Guy, but since they've gotten soooo far away from actually writing stories I've stopped watching it as religiously. In the last couple of seasons there was just enough story inserted into the episode to get to the next random cut-away gag. South Park pretty much nailed that one on the head.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#22 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

Well i can come in here and talk about how i hate it when people make out on the bus with something something bum piss, but i got to thinking that this thread make me sad since i really hate myself.

I have a rage issue ever since i been young i can go from 1 to 100 in about a sec, i said hurtful things that got me banned from forums, stores and got me fired, i find myself to love anyone in a relationship worried i may push them away. i hate i never kissed anyone. i am a sad man and alone. but my god i work my butt off just to get back in scope and everyday i will get myself better. i just hate that i have anger issues.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#23 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

View Postwrexness, on 02 March 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

I used to love Family Guy, but since they've gotten soooo far away from actually writing stories I've stopped watching it as religiously. In the last couple of seasons there was just enough story inserted into the episode to get to the next random cut-away gag. South Park pretty much nailed that one on the head.

They sure did. It's funny how the pre-cancellation Family Guy was decent, yet when they came back on the air it was allll cut-away gags. There are a few jokes that will get a "heh" from me, but most of the time it's just too random.

#24 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

I hate it when your friends say "Yea we should hang out soon!" but when you try to text or call them, they never respond or answer! D: I feel so alone and friendless. V_V

This post has been edited by IchigoKitKat: 02 March 2011 - 11:35 PM

Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#25 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

I hate waiting at union station after 11pm... Thats when all the bums come in and shady folks come in and ask for money.
It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#26 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 02 March 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well i can come in here and talk about how i hate it when people make out on the bus with something something bum piss, but i got to thinking that this thread make me sad since i really hate myself.

I have a rage issue ever since i been young i can go from 1 to 100 in about a sec, i said hurtful things that got me banned from forums, stores and got me fired, i find myself to love anyone in a relationship worried i may push them away. i hate i never kissed anyone. i am a sad man and alone. but my god i work my butt off just to get back in scope and everyday i will get myself better. i just hate that i have anger issues.

When I created this thread, I meant it to be sort of a funny place for people to vent about simple things-- it was never my intention to make anyone feel bad, and now I understand that different people react differently to things that bug them. I'm sorry for any bad feelings you get from this thread.

Having anger issues must be very difficult, but from the sound of it you are doing everything you can to deal with stuff, and working hard every day is all anyone can do.

#27 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

it ok, i really venting, i was going to post something about the state farm commercial with the nagging women, but then i went to people making out on buses and trains, and then made me sad.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#28 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

I agree with you 100% on that state farm commercial!

#29 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostP-Bear, on 02 March 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

That bothers me too, and it bothers me even more when you correct someone and then all of a sudden you're a "grammar nazi" for doing so.

I can understand the grammar issue with too/to and your/you're because I hate that myself but the reason why people are touchy about spelling and people correcting them is because of the fact that REAL grammar nazi ruined it totally for everyone else. Like for example you can write a really good fanfiction and beta it yourself. Now it's not 100% perfect spell but it has some semicolon issues and a few mistakes but all the Ts are crossed among other things and has a good bloody plot. Now a person would point out with hatred about how suck-tastic the spelling or grammar is WITHOUT point out creative issues or how the plot was or anything. And no this happens A LOT.

Funniest example of this personally is someone talking about my lemons and actually giving me REALLY interesting feedback like straight up grammar nazi but with ummm...'sex scenes.' Funny part was that they never had sex per say themselves and only got this from SERIOUS BUSINESS RESEARCH. I didn't get mad I just laughed it off and responded back. We pm back and forth and are cool now.

So it depends on how you do it when it comes to spelling issues. If you sound like a rude duck then yeah they gunna jump on you. I always point out spelling mistakes and nobody called me out on it yet. Although others have been called the same thing or a jerk face.

Visadin: *hugs*

>_>; Relax MORE!

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 03 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#30 User is offline   P-Bear 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

^^True. Constructive criticism is key, and nitpicking about little things without giving any real feedback is the worst.

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users