Anime Central Forums: Some of my musik - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some of my musik I write the songs that make the young girls cry...

#1 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:45 AM

Word up everybody!

I thought I would take a sec to share some of the stuff I dabble with on the side. I don't have much skill in making amazing looking replica outfits of my favorite characters (I wish though). But I've been known in my day to write a decent sounding tune or two. Well, I'll let you guys decide anyways.

I've written many many styles of music, but lately I do a lot of rock, electronica and 8-bit sounding stuff. Some have been originals, some have been covers and I've even done a few fan songs which I'm hoping to make some original content video for them someday if I can ever land a decent animator to work with. So here's some of my stuff, I'm sure you can easily find my main page if you lurk hard enough. So here is a small sample of stuff I got online. I got more around but just chose a few I thought may pique some of your interests. Maybe one day I could get together with some of your video makers out there to make something leet! Comments always welcome and I hope you guys enjoy!

The Longest Year (a Harvest Moon love song) (Acoustic fan song)
I've been a big fan of the Harvest Moon series since it's first installment on the SNES. This song I wrote as a love song between our protagonist Jack and his romance with none other than the Harvest Goddess. I chose her to be the focus for his eye because she's a pretty iconic figure for the series and I think it's a character who no one would be against. The lyrics are pretty cheese but you can't help but go b'awwwwwwww.

Untitled (chiptune rock)
This is an original with lots of 8-bit bleeps and bloops. I started working on it and intend to eventually put vocals over the main melody and throw in some electric guitar for beefyness. I'm a huge fan of synth sounds with my rock music so I like it heavy on both.

On (and on) (Pop punk)
Original song I recorded some time back. Here is something more of the lines where I mix the bleeping and the blooping with the rockin' and the rollin'. There's a nice booty shaking breakdown in the middle of the song for those who like to dance... or nod your head.

The Cure - Friday I'm in love (8bit demo) (Synth pop cover)
Here is a short demo of my cover of Friday I'm in love by the Cure. It was an experiment mostly in using vocoder effects which is the robot voice sounding thingy for those who don't know. If you love this song and you hate my rendition I'm so sorry. :-(

Things I carry (demo) (Synth pop electronica)
This is another original. The music is complete for the most part however the lyrics are not as you might be able to tell when listening. I just got one verse down and ended up making some copy pasta with it just for the sake of having a demo. Maybe one day I'll get around to actually finishing this one.

!!!UPDATE 3/15!!!

Reformat and flow (8-bit electronica)
This is an older song I dug up. Originally intended to be one movement in a series telling a story. Think of it as a robot opera but I kinda just stopped at 2 songs. The song is supposed to have this feeling of moving on. I guess... just listen to it.

Not worse, just less good (Synth pop demo)
Here is another oldie of mine that was originally an acoustic but I ended up playing around with it too much and got this short little demo recorded. I kinda like it. It grooves well and makes me happy even though it's kind of a sad song. :-(

This post has been edited by HiroEcks: 13 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#2 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Glad to see fellow musician here!

Objection was pretty good and I really am digging the 90s punk and Ska influence. It really has the "Opening Theme" feel going down as well. The lyrics I can really see fitting the Ace series and truly reflects the series. I may say, they're even catchy!

The Untitled Chiptune song reminds me of once again of the 90s punk/ska era. Really upbeat and gets you in the mood of a good time.

Anyway, keep it up man!
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#3 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Thanks! I grew up listening to lots of skater punk music and was huge into ska back in the day. It seems like the scene is vanishing so I'm bringing it back! I try to couple that with my other love of old school Megaman music and you get approximately my preference in music writing. :)
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#4 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

Love it ^^
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#5 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

So I was sifting through some old music and came across some random stuff I thought I'd post here if anyone cares to check it out. The links are up above in the original post with a short description below them to kinda set you up for what you are about to hear. Maybe one day I'll record and FINISH something new. Maybe...
Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#6 User is offline   FOFdanny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59390

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

I really like what I'm hearing man! I play drums in a pop/punk band called FIVEOHfirst.

Here's our itunes link where you can preview our latest record!

You can also find us Facebook!

#7 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

You guys sound great! I gots my pop/punk band going on we're called Number One Rival! and we're pretty new (sorta). If you guys ever need a band to fill a slot on a show hit me up!

Me band page on FB

Our full band recordings are kinda meh, but we got them done as a favor from one of the members buddies. :-(

This post has been edited by HiroEcks: 16 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Get it??

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users