• You cannot reply to this topic

Spring 2011

#1 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

Here's the chart for the spring 2011 season.

Like usual, nothing on the list interests me to much, but I may end up watching the new Kampher. The first one was bad and a waste of time, but more Shizuku can't hurt.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#2 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8641

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

I will be watching a LOT of what's on that list. The one I'm looking forward to the absolute most, however, is Deadman Wonderland. That's such an excellent manga, I can't wait to see it animated! I'm so excited! Looks like I'll be picking up 25 new series. Possibly 26 whenever someone figures out what that random anime is that has no information. I'm also looking forward to the new Precure movie, as well as a couple other films and a ton of OVAs/specials. Looks like it's going to be a pretty fulfilling season! (I really hope they do a good job with that Nana to Kaoru special, too... I love that manga. )

#3 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

'the money of soul and possibility control' sounds like an '80s hip-hop cd or something..you never disappoint me with titles, anime.

um..i'll give toriko a shot thanks to all the hype, and how it is completely crushing bleach right now in weekly jump. is it just me, or is there a LOT of shonen ai this season?? O_o
LOL! a sock monkey anime?! seriously??

#4 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:14 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, Keiichi... but I only saw one BL title on that list. Everything considered, BL stuff doesn't get animated very often... and even when it does most of it's just light or implied where nothing happens so they still get the ratings from everyone else.

#5 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:29 AM

maybe it's just a manish-looking woman, but still..that screams 'boy-love in disguise' to me, just like relina peacecraft in gundam wing.

#6 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

What's a manish looking woman? ^^:

#7 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:44 AM

the short-haired character in sekai-ichi looks like a guy to me, aaaaand giving the chart a second look, it seems like i confused the sekai-ichi OVA for another series that happened to be shonen ai..

#8 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

Ah, I see. =P
I almost was thinking you were referring to Maria Holic... but then I scratched my head and was like 'well, he probably would've read the synopsis, right?'

Yeah, it also looks like it's bundled with a manga volume. =P Those crazy Japanese get all the good things! I want specials bundled with manga here!

#9 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:56 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on 21 February 2011 - 04:44 AM, said:

the short-haired character in sekai-ichi looks like a guy to me, aaaaand giving the chart a second look, it seems like i confused the sekai-ichi OVA for another series that happened to be shonen ai..

According to ANN, Sekai-ichi is, indeed, yaoi. Or the manga is, at least. There's no info for the anime, at all. And then there's the second ova of Sex Pistols (aka one of my two absolute favorite BL titles ever). Other than that, I didn't see any other BL titles on there...

It may have looked familiar because the Sekai-ichi manga is by Nakamura Shungiku, who also does Junjou Romantica (aka my other absolute favorite BL title ever).

Other than that, other than a mild curiosity over Solid State Society 3D, nothing really catches my interest....Then again, with the backlog of things I need to watch, maybe that's a good thing...=/
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#10 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hell yes second season of Kaiji! So much love there.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#11 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on 21 February 2011 - 04:56 AM, said:

According to ANN, Sekai-ichi is, indeed, yaoi. Or the manga is, at least. There's no info for the anime, at all. And then there's the second ova of Sex Pistols (aka one of my two absolute favorite BL titles ever). Other than that, I didn't see any other BL titles on there...

It may have looked familiar because the Sekai-ichi manga is by Nakamura Shungiku, who also does Junjou Romantica (aka my other absolute favorite BL title ever).

Other than that, other than a mild curiosity over Solid State Society 3D, nothing really catches my interest....Then again, with the backlog of things I need to watch, maybe that's a good thing...=/

yeah! i knew there was another title, but i couldn't find it when i went back and searched.
i guess i was thinking of sekai-ichi and sex pistols and that second sekai-ichi anime..>_>

#12 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

I will watch Sket Dance and The World Only God Knows Season 2 for sure. I'm going to look into Kämper für die Liebe because the title is in German. XD I might check out A Channel because I like slice of life anime.

There's another Yu-Gi-Oh! series? >>

This post has been edited by Lina: 22 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#13 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen - The last installment was good
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - noitaminA enough said
C - noitaminA
Deadman Wonderland - I'll give any Scifi series a try
Fujilog - The premise seems interesting
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san - Production I.G and the last installment was good
Maria Holic Alive - The original series was hit or miss for me but I will give it a try.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#14 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Stein;Gate I might see because I wanted to see Choas and it has a trap in it.

Oh yeah Sekai is made by the same person who did Junjou! I mean if you read the manga or watched the anime you can totally tell :lol:

Happy Kappy looks like loli/cake fodder for 2chan and pervs Besides Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku tachi wa Mada Shiranai and Ano no Exorcist nothing much else.

A Channel does remind me of Lucky Star or K-no for the moe factor though. More like K-no because of all the moe girls.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#15 User is offline   GoodEnoughForMe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59311

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

The fact that Makoto Shinkai's Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo, aka Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below, as it's know in English, is coming out, makes me super, super, suuuuuuuuuper excited. I can not wait. It's not just my most anticipated anime of the year, but one of my most anticipated... anything.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Akai Sabaku yo! Utsukushiku (Buddha), although I worry that as a film it will try to cram way too much in. I am excited for Appleseed XIII the series, the biggest problem with the Appleseed movies is that they tried to cram too much in each one, particularly the original. But they offer a compelling universe, and the 1988 version in particular offered some great moral ambiguity (it was mostly removed in the 2004 remake; here's hoping it's back!), plus solid characters.

[C] sounds either really bad or really awesome, but since the director hit one out of the park with Kuuchuu Buranko, I am interested.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

#16 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 25376

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for sharing the chart. No series coming out that I'm really interested in, but definitely quite a few good OVA/Specials coming. Can't wait!
# of ACen's attended: 9
Hotel: Hyatt
Cosplay: Rukia (Bleach) - 100%

~Spam Squad~

#17 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

GHOST IN THE SHELL S.A.C SOLID STATE SOCIETY IN 3D!

A little interested.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 06 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#18 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

Well the spring season has started although the weather outside says anything but spring.

Steins;Gate: I figured I would get to rip this show a new one, but it is actually good. It is a dating sim and I have only seen one dating sim show I liked so we will see 7/10 1ep Watching
Dog Days: Ever wonder what would happen if you made a show with nothing that could anger anyone? Well Dog Days did just that you have battles that are full of sugar, that have no reason, have no consequence, are hosted by sportscasters, and in general the show has no point. Unlike most shows that have that short discription this one isn't even fanservice based. 3/10 1ep Dropped

#19 User is offline   heekun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59673

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

View PostGoodEnoughForMe, on 06 March 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

The fact that Makoto Shinkai's Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo, aka Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below, as it's know in English, is coming out, makes me super, super, suuuuuuuuuper excited. I can not wait. It's not just my most anticipated anime of the year, but one of my most anticipated... anything.

I'm big fan of Makoto Shinkai and I'm looking forward to this one as well. As much as I love the themes he's explored in his previous works, I believe 'hoshi wo ou kodomo' will be fairly different - and thats also good.

Another show I'm looking forward to is 'ao no excorcist' from the trailers I've seen this might be a good shounen anime.
www.gosenchi.com per second
--
Photography services available for these 2014 conventions - Anime Central, Anime North and Anime Expo.

#20 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: The show is predicable but at the same time well written and the characters are interesting. The art is minimalistic but seems to fit with the shows personality well. Animation is good but the show has very little movement so they are able to get away with good. The plot is very predictable and you can see any twist from light years away, but it is fun and is better then your average BL Story.

Hana-Saku Iroha: This show has so much going for it and I really want to love it but I can't. The art is some of the most solid work that I have seen and the acting is great. The character art is only topped by the backgrounds that really seem to bring the whole show tighter. For the first half of the episode everything seemed to move along naturally, then at the half way point they tried to insert too much drama. They tired to make the antagonists gritty and real but what they ended up with were a bunch of fake A-holes. The show is trying to hard to depart from the happy sparky shows that dominate the slice of life genre and anime as a whole. In doing so they fell into the same pit as Rainbow did in that while looking for realism they went over the top and lost realism from the show.

Battle Girls - Time Paradox: Some one get me gun to put this show out of its misery. The show is completely cherry picked from a bunch of ideas from different shows and then s poorly executed. The animation is awful it looks they skipped every other cel and the lip syncing is nonexistent. For a show with nothing new a tiresomely long explanation via self monologue starts the show off by driving it into the ground, and the show never looks up.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users