Anime Central Forums: Your opinion of oversized people cosplaying. - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your opinion of oversized people cosplaying.

#121 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 29 April 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Oh, 4chan whines even if people are skinny. There's no pleasing that board.. you just have to roll with the punches.

Anyone who attempts to is sadly wasting their time, the poor baby. ._.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#122 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 29 April 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Oh, 4chan whines even if people are skinny. There's no pleasing that board.. you just have to roll with the punches.

Agree. Kinda annoyed because recently heard that they posted pictures of someone on this forum and started talking about said person being fat =_=

I was...like...seriously ugh.

This is why I go on /y/ even though it's started to get stupid too. /h/ is funny enough better than most parts of the forums.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#123 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 April 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

Agree. Kinda annoyed because recently heard that they posted pictures of someone on this forum and started talking about said person being fat =_=

This is why I go on /y/ even though it's started to get stupid too. /h/ is funny enough better than most parts of the forums.

I'm noticing a lot of ACen goers/Midwesterners on the site lately. Anyways, since it's somewhat relevant to the topic, as much as they look down on heavier cosplayers, they love them some heavy cosplayers working out. The same people whose pictures they'd mock, they'll give all their love if it turns out that person's been doing cardio.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

#124 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

View PostTrini, on 29 April 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

I'm noticing a lot of ACen goers/Midwesterners on the site lately. Anyways, since it's somewhat relevant to the topic, as much as they look down on heavier cosplayers, they love them some heavy cosplayers working out. The same people whose pictures they'd mock, they'll give all their love if it turns out that person's been doing cardio.

Because of the American thing:

We are obese and looked down at by other countries so we work on making ourself skinny and slim and muscles muscles.

Got this from all the exercises movies and programs that I constantly see, from P90X to stuff like ten minute work out.

Back in the old days as someone mention, being heavy used to mean that you were healthy, rich, and good to eat a lot and being skinny meant you was poor and hopeless.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#125 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 April 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

-boop-

I understand the why. I just think it's funny how quick they are to start singing another tune at the mention of a heavy cosplayer going jogging or something. Maybe I'm just easily amused~. *shrug*
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#126 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 April 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Because of the American thing:

We are obese and looked down at by other countries so we work on making ourself skinny and slim and muscles muscles.

Got this from all the exercises movies and programs that I constantly see, from P90X to stuff like ten minute work out.

Back in the old days as someone mention, being heavy used to mean that you were healthy, rich, and good to eat a lot and being skinny meant you was poor and hopeless.

Because in the "old days" there wasn't enough food to go around! That was an entirely unhealthy attitude, just as the modern world's attitude toward weight/eating is. We need to find the middle ground...

Another problem is that there's "heavy," or "curvy/full-figured," and obese, and some people aren't seeing that difference. Big CAN be beautiful, but it can also get to a certain point where you're putting your health, if not your life, on the line. It worries me when I hear a woman calling herself curvy when she's practically got one foot in the grave. There's a denial going on there that's just dangerous.

I think, at the end of the day, although people might have to take their body into account depending on the cosplay and type of costume, it's just like saying a person of a certain race/ethnicity can't cosplay as _______, or that people with acne shouldn't cosplay, or that UGLY people shouldn't cosplay, etc etc. It's just a nasty thing to say for people who enjoy being cruel. Sadly, the Internet is full of people like that.

As for people changing their tune when they learn a heavy cosplayer is working out, I think that's just because so many people believe one can only become overweight by being lazy and eating fast food 24/7. If only that were true. So many people have medical conditions contributing to/directly responsible for their weight. But society tells us fat = lazy.

This post has been edited by Kokoro: 29 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Rawr. ♥

#127 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

Oh believe me, I stay away from 4chan... that site is nothing but trouble... anonymity is frightening in the hands of the wrong people.
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#128 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

View PostKokoro, on 29 April 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

Another problem is that there's "heavy," or "curvy/full-figured," and obese, and some people aren't seeing that difference. Big CAN be beautiful, but it can also get to a certain point where you're putting your health, if not your life, on the line. It worries me when I hear a woman calling herself curvy when she's practically got one foot in the grave. There's a denial going on there that's just dangerous.

One thing about that is, no matter how big they are, there's a possibility that they have a clean bill of health or at least not bad enough that they have "one foot in the grave" (unless they're like 600 pounds and can't move 'cause that's an issue). I agree though. If it looks like they may be in that situation, then perhaps they shouldn't be calling themselves "curvy". Just had to mention that heavyset≠half dead. It's a pet peeve of mine. ._.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#129 User is offline   AkaneD 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59940

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

There are many reasons why someone is overweight. Weight gain isn't just caused by eating; it is also caused by stress, lack of sleep (work/school can eat our hours of sleep), side effect from medications, genetics, etc. As an employed college student, I fall under the category of gaining weight from stress. Ever since graduating from high school (2010), I must have gained about fifteen pounds (150 to about 165); I have almost no time to exercise, because I work until midnight during weekdays at my job, and I need to make time to study. Where is the time to exercise in this schedule? NOWHERE. Thankfully, I'm done with school for the summer so I can have time to exercise, but that's beside the point. My point here is this: there are many reasons why someone is the way he/she is, number one reason being that he/she is born that way. For Pete's sakes, this is COSPLAY. COSTUME PLAY. You're not making a movie rip-off of the anime/game/whatever, so why the hell should you be born in a SPECIFIC way to DRESS UP? We cosplay to have fun, not to be "oh so ttly awsum i look like the character evry1 <3s me and my cosplay fck ya".

If you're black who wants to dress up as an albino, by all means go for it. If you're overweight who wants to dress up an anorexic character, no one is stopping you. You want to get in character? Buy/make the costume, put it on, and go for it.

This post has been edited by AkaneD: 30 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

#130 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 April 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was told several months ago a pic of me was on the site. I never go there so I wouldn't know. But as I asked questions about it, it became clear it wasn't me. They said it was my "Nunnally cosplay," I don't even like Code Geass so obviously not me.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#131 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

View PostKokoro, on 29 April 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

This.. this is something I absolutely can't stand.. I have so many friends with the same mindset.. who believe eating and being "thick" will give them desirable bodies; by having a BMI completely off chart, it makes them sexy... Just.. so irritating...

And yeah.. I agree with the previous few statements... Big does not always mean unhealthy, so even though 4chan is the land of trolls.. they do manage to respect that much at least.. =x= I know I can say this for myself.. I'm on the bigger side, but compaired to my sister who is 50 lbs lighter, I have a clean slate of health. She consistantly eats fast food, junk food, and exercises maybe once a month, if that! Every check-up, she's the one with the high cholesterol and the awful blood pressure.. and it baffles my mother! Even throughout highschool, fitness tests and exams I've passed with flying colors, despite the weight I'm at. Even now, I wake up every morning at 6 or 7AM to exercise at least an hour before class.. if I can't make it then, I desperately try to find time later during the day. I literally get depressed when I go a day without it, and guarantee you'll find me at the Doubletree's gym everyday at ACen.. so.. It's just frustrating the rep bigger people get... And I know I'm rambling on about myself, but I see this SO often, especially after coming to college and being in the gym every day! So many people that would be considered big, or fat, working their damned hardest, practically harder than those around them! They're the ones showing up every day, putting in that effort. Even without any results, they're trying...

You're right, big does not equal lazy... =_=

This post has been edited by Pashy-chan: 30 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#132 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

View PostPashy-chan, on 30 April 2011 - 02:07 AM, said:

I see this SO often, especially after coming to college and being in the gym every day! So many people that would be considered big, or fat, working their damned hardest, practically harder than those around them! They're the ones showing up every day, putting in that effort. Even without any results, they're trying...

You're right, big does not equal lazy... =_=

I'm quoting this for emphasis lol. I give everything I've got to losing weight as well, but it just seems to stay with me... I work out daily, but if you looked at me.. you'd never know it... I've always come through with a clean bill of health as well, which is surprising to even me at my size...
facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

#133 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

An old friend of mine was a size 4 in jeans. She would always make fun of plus size cosplayers and show off her cosplay infront of them. Four years have gone by, she is now a size 17 in jeans and no longer cosplays due to being made fun of. Karma gets you when you least expect it.
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#134 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostTrini, on 29 April 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

One thing about that is, no matter how big they are, there's a possibility that they have a clean bill of health or at least not bad enough that they have "one foot in the grave" (unless they're like 600 pounds and can't move 'cause that's an issue). I agree though. If it looks like they may be in that situation, then perhaps they shouldn't be calling themselves "curvy". Just had to mention that heavyset≠half dead. It's a pet peeve of mine. ._.

???

I was talking about, as you put it, the "600 pound" - aka obese - people, not "heavyset" people. Obviously big doesn't equal half dead. I made that clear in the first half of my comment you quoted: Another problem is that there's "heavy," or "curvy/full-figured," and obese, and some people aren't seeing that difference. Big CAN be beautiful, but it can also get to a certain point where you're putting your health, if not your life, on the line. See the line I drew between heavy/curvy and obese?
Rawr. ♥

#135 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostKokoro, on 30 April 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

???

I was talking about, as you put it, the "600 pound" - aka obese - people, not "heavyset" people. Obviously big doesn't equal half dead. I made that clear in the first half of my comment you quoted: Another problem is that there's "heavy," or "curvy/full-figured," and obese, and some people aren't seeing that difference. Big CAN be beautiful, but it can also get to a certain point where you're putting your health, if not your life, on the line. See the line I drew between heavy/curvy and obese?

Yeah I saw. I wasn't trying to come at you specifically if that's how you feel. I just wanted to say that big doesn't equal practically gone because I see it so much where people generalize. I don't know if you felt like I was picking apart your post or anything, but sorry if it seemed that way. I know what you were saying and I agree like I said in my post.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#136 User is offline   NaiXHu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58908

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

My best friend is bigger than average but she's not BIG and I'm like 4 times smaller than her tho
and when I talk to her about cosplaying she gets so shut down about it
cause she's not "same size" as who she wants to cosplay. She's one of the most beautiful people I
know too. :/

I don't like how cosplay is so stereotypical now... I don't see the difference
from dressing up on Halloween where you know, you don't get ridiculed so badly, but if it's
for COSPLAY and you're big so many people treat that as a no-no...Like it's something bad.
All your doing is trying to have fun.

I think being big and cosplay is fun. And you should follow rules just like everyone else.
A good cosplay is a good cosplay. no matter what your shape or skin color.

In the end, whether or skinny or not. Someone WILL say SOMETHING cause that's just how
the world rotates. Nothing can really be done about it besides keeping your head up
and ignoring it. Cause in the end, all that matters is you, and if you are having fun.
ACEN 2011
Staying at Crowne Plaza

Friend picked to do Harry Potter for Saturday
Saturday night will be rave outfits.. hopefully.
And Sundayyyy its between Silent Hill Nurse, or Cute Bunny :3 Blood or Cuteness? hmm...

#137 User is offline   Secretsof2113 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59483

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

Most of us who are larger are already feeling pretty bad about ourselves. I've been heavier all my life, and always got picked on about it. Even now, at 25, I still get made fun of, and honestly after all these years, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But I'm not. And the comments hurt just as much as they did years ago. Back in January, I cosplayed as Taokaka from Blazblue. This was only the second cosplay I'd ever made, and I was really happy with how it turned out. I knew a lot of my legs would be showing, but I was in longer shorts too, so I wasn't worried. The con came and went, and I ended up finding some pictures of myself up on Facebook, where I was getting reamed up and down by some people. The comments were extremely hurtful.

I've been trying so hard the past 6 months to lose weight, and since that con in January, I've lost almost 20 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but I'm also afraid to bring the costume back out again for fear of the same hurtful remarks.

Like others have said on this topic already, you'd think that cosplaying would be more accepted by people. Especially those in the fandom. But everyone is so judgmental.
ACen 2014 cosplays!
Rainbow Dash (fullsuit)-My Little Pony

#138 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

View PostSecretsof2113, on 01 May 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

Most of us who are larger are already feeling pretty bad about ourselves. I've been heavier all my life, and always got picked on about it. Even now, at 25, I still get made fun of, and honestly after all these years, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But I'm not. And the comments hurt just as much as they did years ago. Back in January, I cosplayed as Taokaka from Blazblue. This was only the second cosplay I'd ever made, and I was really happy with how it turned out. I knew a lot of my legs would be showing, but I was in longer shorts too, so I wasn't worried. The con came and went, and I ended up finding some pictures of myself up on Facebook, where I was getting reamed up and down by some people. The comments were extremely hurtful.

I've been trying so hard the past 6 months to lose weight, and since that con in January, I've lost almost 20 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but I'm also afraid to bring the costume back out again for fear of the same hurtful remarks.

Like others have said on this topic already, you'd think that cosplaying would be more accepted by people. Especially those in the fandom. But everyone is so judgmental.

The problem with the net is that too many people think they can get away with that crap. I really wish there was a way to get people off their high horse about who should and shouldn't do cosplay. It's silly and I'm so sorry people were unjustly judgemental of you. :thumbdown: They are morons. I'm happy to see a Taokaka cosplayer. :thumbup:
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#139 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 01 May 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

The problem with the net is that too many people think they can get away with that crap.

You be surprised on what wrong things people say online. Especially on this one game I used to play.

I mean serious stuff that could put you in jail or worse. I was just shocked because you could still get arrested for that.

I don't go on 4chan anymore since someone posted something about me from the forums on /cgl/ and then used my username and trolled/flamed/mentioned personal stuff it through the ground.

*shrug* I don't know where people get the whole 'I'm anon so I can do whatever I want,' or 'I'm from AE and online so I can do whatever I want,' from.

But that's off topic; people would complain even if you are skinny. Say that's unhealthy too. So what I say is just find an ideal weight that's not dangerous. Eat the right foods, veggies, and fruits. Drink lots of water and drink in moderation. And keep on cosplaying if you enjoy it.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 05 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#140 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

I think if a heavy person has the guts to cosplay, more power to them! (Though I think it takes a little bit of guts at any size, so yeah) The only thing I don't like is when you see a really heavy person dressed as a character with minimal clothing. No offense but that can just be gross...or insanely tight clothes where things that dont need to be seen pop out (but that can also be said at any size). But besides that, cosplaying should be fun for everyone, and a cosplayer shouldnt be judged just because they're heavy if their cosplay looks good.
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#141 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

You know what annoys the CRUD out of me? The fact that I don't even KNOW if I'm fat or not. At anime cons, I'm fine. At some of my classes, I'm fine. HECK. I've ended up on the chan several times, and only got flack ONCE for my fat face (not a flattering picture. *_*). However, at my dorm, girls stare if I eat a hamburger or pasta instead of a salad and half a bagel. At home, I always get "You really shouldn't be eating that." In highschool (my weight has not changed), girls told me I was lucky I didn't care about keeping my weight down. That is RUDE when I haven't said anything to them.

And then there's TV, but I don't really need to get into that. Seriously. Since when is a dress size 6 fat? Apparently for modeling now, it's plus-sized.

*_* I'm going to go eat a cookie.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#142 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

View PostKrystal, on 06 May 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

However, at my dorm, girls stare if I eat a hamburger or pasta instead of a salad and half a bagel.

I'm sorry, but the image of a group of people staring as you enjoy a burger makes me lol. Must've been a darn tasty looking burger.

View PostKrystal, on 06 May 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

In highschool (my weight has not changed), girls told me I was lucky I didn't care about keeping my weight down. That is RUDE when I haven't said anything to them.

How people think it's acceptable to say anything like this to someone is beyond me. It speaks a lot about their home training though. :/
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

#143 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

I say do what ever you feel comfortable doing/exposing/wearing. No matter our opinions, in the end, you can only do as good as you actually feel. And if you know you did a good job, (everything is to your liking, all hems are sewn, and that safety pin is holding surprisingly well...) then the opinion of others will never matter. Same goes if you feel you did a horrible cosplay and everyone is telling you different. Compliments might make you feel better, but you'll always know what's wrong with it and you can never fully enjoy it. It works both ways, so make sure that you are happy most of all! ^^ Anyway, they ain't gotta like it and you ain't asking them to. So, do you. :)

Now, this is my personal opinion, but... If anyone has to make a snide remark about any other cosplayer not being "accurate" enough, it kinda tells you how that other person sees cosplay in general. Are they looking for true role fulfillment? Is that why when something isn't done perfect, it's not good enough? To me, it seems like people only complain because the character cannot be fully personified. Perhaps they want to see the character come to life, so they whine when it doesn't happen. My best advice in this case would be: if you want it done right, do it yourself.

EDIT: Ha ha, silly me! I forgot to reply to the OPs original cue. What do I think about larger cosplayers? I got mad respect for 'em! That's real confidence right there and I personally take comfort from it, so do you and do it well! :D

This post has been edited by Fudgi P0pZ: 07 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#144 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostFudgi P0pZ, on 07 May 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

I say do what ever you feel comfortable doing/exposing/wearing.

But at the same time keep in mind people might not want to see you running around with practically everything - and I mean everything - hanging out, no matter if you're thin or heavy. A few shreds of modesty can be a good thing! :thumbup:
Rawr. ♥

#145 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

View PostKokoro, on 07 May 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

But at the same time keep in mind people might not want to see you running around with practically everything - and I mean everything - hanging out, no matter if you're thin or heavy. A few shreds of modesty can be a good thing! :thumbup:

True, which I would marvel at anyone willing to run around like that in the first place. :lol:
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#146 User is offline   Miss Mizuki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60170

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

I am overweight (mostly in the stomach area it's because of a genetic disorder) and have cosplayed a few times and not seen much of a problem. I think though of the cosplay outfit before i make it i make sure it flatters my figure (i.e. breasts/high waist line) and does not show unwanted skin. so don't disgrace people for the shape of their body they might not be able to "control" such as disease or disorders

#147 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

I just noticed that there is a panel about cosplays for fat people, by a fat person. I think I may hit this up since it's right after my own panel. Since a big thing we talked about on here is cosplaying for YOUR body, I bet this panel would have a bunch of good tips.

This post has been edited by Krystal: 09 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#148 User is offline   ottoman 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60218

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

I am a plus sized girl, cosplaying a thirteen year old girl
and a thirteen year old genderbent, crippled grey skinned alien.

And you know what?
I am going to look freaking fabulous.

Just wear what you're going to wear, and wear it with every ounce of confidence you have.
Haters gonna hate.
ACEN 2011 cosplay
Fri: Jade Harley (MSPA)
Sat: Fem! Tavros Nitram (MSPA)

#149 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

View PostKrystal, on 09 May 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

I just noticed that there is a panel about cosplays for fat people, by a fat person. I think I may hit this up since it's right after my own panel. Since a big thing we talked about on here is cosplaying for YOUR body, I bet this panel would have a bunch of good tips.

That's a good idea. I was thinking of going and it will certainly help me figure out how to help my friend's cosplay with vocaloid for next year.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#150 User is offline   Clementine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59293

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

I think if a bigger person want to cosplay, power to them! I do of course mean some discretion to that. Wear a cosplay that will flatter your size, and please don't try and fit into one that is about 4 sizes to small, please.
~ACen cosplays~
Amy Pond (50%)

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users