Anime Central Forums: Your opinion of oversized people cosplaying. - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your opinion of oversized people cosplaying.

#1 User is offline   Edgar Roni Figaro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 57935

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Dont take offense. I am fat, so I am allowed to ask this kind of question. What is your HONEST opinion of oversized people cosplaying as a normal sized character? I ask this cause a couple of years ago I cosplayed as Yoko Kurama and it didn't go to well, but another year I cosplayed as Ward from Final Fantasy VIII and it was fantastic. So please, give me your honest opinion. Please keep ToS in mind though ^__^.

Edit: a thought just came to mind, my boss's girlfriend cosplayed Tifa a few years back, and got a VERY rude comment from a fellow con-goer saying "TIFA ISNT BLACK!!!" now in my opinion that is one of the rudest and stupidest things to say to someone that is cosplaying and is kind of relevant to this topic. And when you think about it...most cosplays are of characters that are suppose to be japanese right? so why didnt she go to others saying "SO AND SO ISNT WHITE!!!" just thinking out loud...

This post has been edited by Edgar Roni Figaro: 12 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

#2 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

Looks at the thread. Then at the 20 foot pole next to him then walks away.
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Well I think you should cosplay whatever you want to, fat, sex wise, or race wise. I had a similar reaction with my now ex bf when I said I wanted to cosplay America from Hetalia: 'He's like caucasian, blond, and a guy you sure you want to do that? People are going to talk down about you.'

I know some people are bias towards cosplays in general: One guy was fat and he cosplayed Maito Gai and people talked about him but a fat girl cosplayed Rikku and nobody batted an eye.

Although if you don't want to get noticed or possibly trolled (as in some people take pictures and complain about how ugly/fat/etc. this person is online,) then try to cosplay something that will not bring attention or get noticed or doesn't show how fat or kinda chubby you are, (like Organization Coat, etc.)

I'm going to do a Swiss man and I don't care what anyone says<3

If it double posted it's because my internet is failing right now =_=
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

Just want to say this, if someone feels like they can do a cosplay regardless of their size, then that's their prerogative. If they honestly think that they'll look good, then who cares what others think about it? On that note, I don't care as long as people aren't squeezing into something 4 sizes too small because that looks worse than dressing to fit your body, but that goes for anyone and not just plus size cosplayers (or cosplayers at all). One thing though is, if you think there's a chance someone's gonna talk stuff and you can't take the criticism/trolling/insults/etc, then maybe hold off on it.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#5 User is offline   Edgar Roni Figaro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

Fujoshi, I know what you mean about the "dont bring unwanted attention to yourself" cause all the time you hear about girls complaining "ALL GUYS DID WAS STARE AT MY CHEST" and they cosplay as characters such as Rikku from X-2 or someone else that is meant to have a very open top.

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

View PostEdgar Roni Figaro, on 12 February 2011 - 03:20 PM, said:

Fujoshi, I know what you mean about the "dont bring unwanted attention to yourself" cause all the time you hear about girls complaining "ALL GUYS DID WAS STARE AT MY CHEST" and they cosplay as characters such as Rikku from X-2 or someone else that is meant to have a very open top.

I know a girl who cosplays Sakura and refuse to cosplay anything that she can't get noticed. The ex bf in question was the same way.

I refuse to cosplay any girl who wears almost nothing due to people acting like you said and this is the first year I'm coplaying a girl ._. Oichi from Basara...and even then I am crying because her skirt is TOO SHORT. Plus I gotta shave my legs >_>;
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   Edgar Roni Figaro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 12 February 2011 - 03:31 PM, said:

I refuse to cosplay any girl who wears almost nothing due to people acting like you said and this is the first year I'm coplaying a girl ._. Oichi from Basara...and even then I am crying because her skirt is TOO SHORT. Plus I gotta shave my legs >_>;

yeah i know oichi, good luck ^___^

#8 User is offline   shego 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29060

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

you should be able to cosplay whoever you want. Cosplay shouldnt be about people judging each other, it should be about having fun and not caring about what other people think, just enjoying seeing other people who are crazy enough about what they like to want to look like a fictional character in real life! Anyone who looks at someone having a good time and says something like they are too fat or not the right skin color or something equally asinine is a douche and should go home and stay there, or go back to high school.

#9 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

You should be able to cosplay what ever floats your boat but I think those with more to love should sort of address their size. Like , if they want to be Rikku from X10-2 that's awesome, but I'd hope they would wear a tan tank top under or something so ***holes don't post their pictures online and feelings get hurt.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#10 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Whatever floats your boat. If you're plus sized and wantto cosplay Yoko from TTGL, by all means go ahead. But I think you should be aware of the fact that you'll probably end up on the 'net as some demotivational poster.

If you don't have a problem with that, awesome, you're better off than most people.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#11 User is offline   Lady_Aeris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49299

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

Being a plus-size cosplayer myself i think that as the cosplayers are happy with the way they look screw what everyone else thinks. alot of people have commented on my Crisis Core Aerith cosplay because she is a tiny character size wise but i have her face at least thats what alot of people have told me. and i love her as a character so naturally i chose her. but i have cosplayed Nailah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. She is a curvy character so i can pull her off easily and i think i look AMAZING in it pic. But to get back on topic here i have been looking at cosplays that i can pull off despite my 200lbs...though i do think i carry it well....

This post has been edited by Lady_Aeris: 12 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

My Cosplay Page
My dA
ACen 2011 Schedule (subject to change)
Fri-Brier Rose---Disney's Sleeping Beauty---After 5pm Suicune--pokemon hoodie group
Sat-Princess Earth---Sailor Moon
Sun-Tonks ----harry potter
Sorry Guys LULU got bumped to next year my best friend cant be my Yuna and it wouldnt feel right doing lulu without her as my Yuna

#12 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

View PostTrini, on 12 February 2011 - 03:19 PM, said:

Just want to say this, if someone feels like they can do a cosplay regardless of their size, then that's their prerogative. If they honestly think that they'll look good, then who cares what others think about it? On that note, I don't care as long as people aren't squeezing into something 4 sizes too small because that looks worse than dressing to fit your body, but that goes for anyone and not just plus size cosplayers (or cosplayers at all). One thing though is, if you think there's a chance someone's gonna talk stuff and you can't take the criticism/trolling/insults/etc, then maybe hold off on it.

I agree with Trini, if you cosplay in good taste people will pay more attention to the costume i think. Last year there was someone cosplaying as Sesshomaru and was a larger person, but their cosplay was so well done that it really didn't matter. I think its a little risky if your heavier and your cosplaying a character who is, well, rather scantily clad like the FFX-2 girls. Needless to say that you'll probably be drawing a lot of attention to yourself in that case.
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#13 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:58 AM

I feel that if you're going to represent a character, you need to do everything in your power to do it well. I'm average sized, but I don't dare cosplay Edward from Cowboy Bebop because I don't have the frame for it and I'm also whiter than milk. That being said, I do try to keep my weight in check for cosplay. I take into account my body type when I do pick a new cosplay. Another thing I can't stand is people who are clearly wearing the wrong size. Just because you can squeeze into a smaller size doesn't make you that size. Wearing clothes that fit you is a lot more flattering.

#14 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

Ugh.. this is so frustrating....

you would think out of all places, "cosplaying/cosplayers" would be a place to be at home....

This is the thing.. NOTHING should restrict you from expressing yourself how you would like to...
(on a side note though.. being "larger" or even "thin" the best thing you can do for yourself is to just make sure your cosplay is not sloppy. Make sure your cosplay fits YOU well)

Yes, there will be those few who will bash on "size, shape, color" but you know what.. you have about 19000 others at acen who thinks you look great..
and think about it.. how many awesome cosplays do you see in which you say nothing to the cosplayer.
the cosplayer might be on the other side of the room so you CANT say anything to him/her...
you might be shy when a "plus size" cosplayer is next to you in which you think his/her cosplay is really awesome...
and you know what.. its the shy ones who appreciate your look the most...
and we have to admit.. and LOT of con goers are of the "quiet type" or reserved...

we have all seen it.. we have seen people in the lobby at the hyatt just sitting there for hours watching everyone walk by.. and those people are really enjoying them selves(for the most part that is)

a LOT of woman contact me expressing their admiration for my work. I quickly respond
"why just admire, why not create"

but because they feel they are "plus size" they do not feel they would be able to create anything anyone would appreciate...

thats such BS and I can not tell you how much that aggravates me...

The problem is that we allow main stream media to dictate to us what IS, and what is NOT beautiful..
we are surrounded and live in main stream media.. everywhere we go...
magazine covers/spreads, tv commercials, advertisements on billboards, on the side of bus's.... in malls..... even toys for children.....
its all around us and we live in it...

I refuse to allow main stream to dictate what beauty is to me...
beauty is all around us, and from within each and every one of us....

accept who you are and be confident.. there is a world of cosplayers behind you.. dont let the FEW bad apples spoil a good time, or worse, make you not feel so great about yourself...

I do some modeling.. as often as i can, but my schedule doesnt allow me to express myself as often as I wish I could...
Im not a Calvin Klein model.. but you know what... SO WHAT!!!!

those who follow my art work already know this about me.. but if i really think about it.. on THIS forum, i think only 3 people really keep up with my art...

my modeling is my expression of...

"I dont care what you think... I know I am not perfect, and I accept that....this is who I am, and this is how I want others to see me"

This post has been edited by Seph: 13 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

#15 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

oh.. and on a side note.. there are plenty of people who are into plus size.....

#16 User is offline   shego 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29060

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

some people really want to take the N out of FUN. Look what their left with. Cosplay is not a look alike competition. If a person dosnt want to portray a character they dont naturally look like, thats their prerogative, but as far as I know most people cosplay to have fun and connect with others of similar interests. Some people are into it with the idea that their going to really bring a character to life because they naturally look like them, and thats great, you will get alot of appreciation for it but there are alot of other reasons to cosplay besides that. EVERYONE is beautiful. People who think otherwise have something wrong with themselves inside.

#17 User is offline   ScentedTsubaki 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 28602

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

My honest opinion? I think when cosplaying you really need to think about what flatters your body. I really like seeing all people cosplay, and honestly a you can do a lot more than people think when you are a bigger person. for example make cosplay that have elements that are slimming. anything with a wide belt or an obi you have a potential to make a corset like garment with it. anything with wide flowy pants or skirts. some of my favorite cosplayers are full bodied women and are really successful at it because they find ways to make things that suit their needs. the best advice i have for any cosplayer is simply to be creative, make your own interpretations of things and be confident in what you do. keeping your body type in mind when you cosplay really helps the outcome at the end.

*edit*
also as far as race/age or any other "identifying" characteristic of a cosplay goes who cares? and if you really care THAT much about it either don't do it or think creatively and make the costume suit your age and or race. for example i'm a 21 year old and i wanted to cosplay sailor mini moon who is like5 or something so instead of doing the little pigtails i made them long like she has when her body is older in a handful of episodes.

This post has been edited by ScentedTsubaki: 13 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

#18 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Seph.. That was beautiful!!! ; w ; Aiyaaah... I'll be keeping your words in mind!! I too believe that if you feel comfortable in your skin, then by all means, forget the world and be who you want to be!! Don't let any judgmental jerks ever cross your mind, like I have..

For the past few years, my friends and I have been limiting ourselfs to "Tanned" or "Dark-skinned" characters, mainly due to the same experience we faced as that Tifa cosplayer... "Aerith isn't that dark! Yuffie isn't black! Blah blah blah!!" And to be honest... this year, I had all intentions on doing the same thing.. (Don't get me wrong, I love Iris!! xD) I dunno... Maybe next year'll be different.. ^w^ I'll gain the guts to ignore all those discouraging eyes and dimwitted comments!! I always envy the heavy-set con-goers who seem just so comfortable as who they are.. I want to be that way too; That confident!! Alot of you guys are right!! If the cosplay looks amazing, then who the hell cares whose in it? This'll be my mindset from now on!!

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#19 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

Some of this is getting a little too P.C. for my taste, but yeah I agree you should cosplay if you want to no matter what you look like or your size in comparison to what is considered "normal" to most people. When I look for people to take photos of, I first make sure I won't be interrupting them and then secondary things like being impressed by their workmanship in constructing the costume.

#20 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

View PostPashy-chan, on 13 February 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

[color="#FF00FF"]Seph.. That was beautiful!!! ; w ; Aiyaaah... I'll be keeping your words in mind!! I too believe that if you feel comfortable in your skin, then by all means, forget the world and be who you want to be!! Don't let any judgmental jerks ever cross your mind, like I have..

you know what.. we have all been there.. everyone has been in a situation in which a comment from an other was disrespectful and or hurtful. I know "just ignore them" is easier said then done....
and I hate the fact that anyone would make ANYONE feel "ugly"

what everyone feels as their imperfections is what makes them/you/us unique in their/our own way, and that alone is what makes each of us "beautiful"

if everyone was "perfect" would there actually BE beauty?

#21 User is offline   Ginger shark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59478

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

I think anyone should be able to cosplay who they want...as long as it is in good taste. I am not a super skinny person so I would not wear a skimpy outfit. I will however go as a slim character because that is who I want to dress up as. I am going as Grell from Kuroshitsuji this year and I am definitely not as skinny as he appears. I don't think that it really matters. I hate when people get made fun of because they are a girl dressed as a boy or a boy dressed as a girl. I am a girl and I usually dress as male characters. I also think ethnicity should not be an issue. It is not like I am Japanese. One of the best Kakashi cosplayers I ever saw at Acen was black. So everyone should be able to dress as who they want without ridicule. Everyone should just keep in mind what would be appropriate for their body type. I don't want to see anyone in underwear no matter how much they weigh.

#22 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

In my opinion, and this is going on what people say. If you like it, then do it. It doesn't matter what you look like at all. Who cares. Do it because you want to have fun. Some of the best cosplays I saw last year were done by bigger people and they looked amazing. Do what you want to, you have the right. If people judge you on size, then they are just terrible people that probably feel terrible about themselves and want others to feel their misery.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#23 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

ive seen way worse than fat ppl in barely legal cosplay running about at cons
you shouldnt be worried about it
(also a warning)
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#24 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

I'd say you can cosplay whoever you'd like, but you should also take into account of how you look in comparison to the character you are trying to cosplay and there will be differences, some you can change easily and some you can't easily or at all. I'm one for doing as much as you can to mask these differences as well as possible, to a certain extent, since most anime characters are thinner (Lelouch or L, anyone) and/or fitter and/or younger than the cosplayers. I also agree with some others on here saying that you shouldn't force yourself into clothing that's several sizes too small- just make it to suit your own body, IMO. The woman I am working with to make my Gundam 00 cosplay said it well: Clothing for anime characters would really work better if it were painted on their bodies. As for accuracy, I don't do masquerade entries, only casual cosplay- as accurately as possible, but don't tear your hair out if you don't get the details EXACTLY the way they are. As for race, it doesn't matter to me since you can't really change it. Criticism from this can't be justified at all since basically it's saying that you can only cosplay characters if your skin color matches. What matters most to me is the extent one takes to match up to the original character's clothing, manners, and personality and if they can literally bring the character out of the screen into real life.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#25 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Just a couple of points.

I like to photograph costumes/cosplay. It may seem a bit distant, but who's doing it does not sway it's quality to me. How elaborate or accurate it is does.

Whether by poor life choices, or by genetics, if you're overweight you are in a potentially life threatening situation. It's the single most important and preventable health issue in America today. More kids in their teens and 20's are dropping from heart attacks today than ever. That was unheard of in my generation.

Address it before you find yourself in intensive care. Better now than in the hospital having limbs amputated due to diabetes, or getting by-pass surgery, with some doctor saying loose weight or die. Playing console games or sitting in front of a sewing machine for an hours is no substitute for a 30 minute walk.

This post has been edited by tfcreate: 16 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#26 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

On topic:

I have no idea what to Bribe,force,make so I can take pictures and drool do with my bf. Originally was going to do Japan with me but....he's pale, white as milk, and COLD COLD COLD.

So I thought he would make a better with his hot big nose good Russia instead.

Problem is that his hair is going to be dyed black since he wants to do Itachi too so the thing is....should he stick with Japan or do Russia since he can totally fit the part better with his cold freaking body and his height? He's tall as a tree tooo ._. Since he has black hair I thought it would be more in character or should it be 'heck with it do whatever,' kind of thing?

I got issues I know it
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#27 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

First, would he prefer to do one over the other? Second, why can't he just get a wig for either Itachi or Russia?
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

#28 User is offline   keiichi969 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 49954

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

View Posttfcreate, on 16 February 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

Just a couple of points.

I like to photograph costumes/cosplay. It may seem a bit distant, but who's doing it does not sway it's quality to me. How elaborate or accurate it is does.

Whether by poor life choices, or by genetics, if you're overweight you are in a potentially life threatening situation. It's the single most important and preventable health issue in America today. More kids in their teens and 20's are dropping from heart attacks today than ever. That was unheard of in my generation.

Address it before you find yourself in intensive care. Better now than in the hospital having limbs amputated due to diabetes, or getting by-pass surgery, with some doctor saying loose weight or die. Playing console games or sitting in front of a sewing machine for an hours is no substitute for a 30 minute walk.

I'd like to point out that barring radical gene therapy, if you are genetically disposed to being overweight, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Trust me on that part. I may be 6'2" and 275lbs, but I'm as strong and healthy as an ox. I'm just as big as one too.

On the other hand, those of you saying "just go for it":

Do you really want me doing rock lee or might guy?

#29 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

Sailor Bubba. He has bobble heads.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#30 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:51 AM

View Postkeiichi969, on 18 February 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

I'd like to point out that barring radical gene therapy, if you are genetically disposed to being overweight, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Trust me on that part. I may be 6'2" and 275lbs, but I'm as strong and healthy as an ox. I'm just as big as one too.

On the other hand, those of you saying "just go for it":

Do you really want me doing rock lee or might guy?

It's not an issue on whether or not someone wants a person to do it because people will do whatever they want regardless. People are just saying, if you think you can, knock yourself out.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users