Anime Central Forums: SoyCon 4 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SoyCon 4 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest An Annual Social Cosplay Gathering Event

#121 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

I totally agree and I agree it is a big misunderstanding that sadly put SoyCon as the scape goat. Things happen and you just need to use them to make yourself better. :) And because SoyCon was not scheduled during that time, you can't be at fault at all...the event was not being held. Done.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#122 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Honestly dude, if nothing else, that should be your statement.

A lot of people have already made up their minds, but there may be a few more reasonable people left that you can get to calm down about the whole thing. And if that is the case, I would be hammering the papers, the news, and be like hey, this wasn't even during our event and you are costing my event by reporting it as such. Yeah, any retraction will be on the 7th page a week from now, but its something.

I don't know dude, but I never watch someone trash my con and just sit back and say, whatever, when they clearly have their facts wrong.

I also look at it like this. Some crazed mother sees this, deems all cons are dangerous, and now some child doesn't get to experience the joy of a con. Thats why I want this fixed and thats why you owe it to all congoers to make sure it gets fixed. So if you're not willing to fight to protect your name, fight to protect the enjoyment of other con goers.

This post has been edited by FlyingElf: 14 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#123 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on 12 July 2011 - 07:59 AM, said:

Wrong.

Just me going out, just saying "this and that", rushing without getting a full understanding of the situation, and with people still being "heated" currently when 90% of them are either never there when it all happened and also don't have the full scope of the story, only using news articles and word of mouth (which is basically how embarrassing on how most are reacting, a few are obviously on here) is probably the worst way to approach this.

I'm playing the calm and collective card. I'm not gonna rush. I've been talking to the right people, developing a statement, collecting the right information as best as I can, and following through. If you don't like the style, oh well. I'll make my statement when I'm ready.

You seem to lack an understanding of basic PR. Remaining silent does absolutely nothing positive for you. All it does is give the louder people spreading false or misleading information an unopposed point of view. If the only points of view are "SoyCon attendees caused a bomb threat" and "No comment", you've already lost. By waiting so long you've probably already lost a lot of people who may have been otherwise more sympathetic to your point of view.

FElf once again nailed it. There are people out there who have long since made up their minds, but for everyone else who wants to hear both sides, you're giving them no choice but to listen to the other side. Even if "This has nothing to do with SoyCon and happened after SoyCon ended" is your statement, that would be far and away better than no comment at all.

This post has been edited by wrexness: 15 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#124 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'm just following advice from trustable sources.

The media has dropped the story. It's just the community trying to make the issue more "harmful" than it is.

This post has been edited by Soy Sauce: 15 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users