Anime Central Forums: what's an acceptable in policy gun? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

what's an acceptable in policy gun? I have no idea what to buy

#1 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm trying to get a rifle that's close to what Vash from Hetalia uses but also falls into Acen's policy.

~ Gun props must have a blaze orange tip, and are required to be sufficiently unrealistic that a person must be able to tell that the prop is not real from across a room.(Transparent, flat image on cardboard, futuristic/unrealistic, blue rubber training props etc.)

Here is the picture:

Posted Image

Also would a clear water gun be acceptable for like a handgun?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

While I'm not IRT, I think I can answer this one. A clear gun would be fine, as someone (such as an RPD Officer) would be able to tell from a distance that it was not a real gun. You also couldn't have water or anything in it though.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

so something like this then:

http://www.amazon.co...95917381&sr=1-2

or this if it wasn't a nerf gun/darts taken out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b7b2193f

I pmed a staff memeber about it and he suggested I post in the forums: still thanks for your help so far.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 24 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 24 January 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

so something like this then:

http://www.amazon.co...95917381&sr=1-2

or this if it wasn't a nerf gun/darts taken out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b7b2193f

I pmed a staff memeber about it and he suggested I post in the forums: still thanks for your help so far.

As far as I understand the rules, yes. But they could not be loaded in any way, and of course have to be checked with IRT.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#5 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Both of the examples given look fine.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

ok thanks for your help! I'm coming to Acen early so I can check with the IRT on the 19th ^_^
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#7 User is offline   Kev 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59345

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

I had an old, gutted (no barrel, spring, or magazine) SigSauer P226 airsoft pistol that I painted silver to approximate what an Evoker from Persona 3 would look like when I cosplayed Akihiko's fall outfit (nobody knew WTF I was except maybe a handful of people at the Persona panel). I just bought some neon orange paint, sprayed the tip, and didn't have any problems.
Motaku: Motor-Otaku
My Anime List
Bookface

Costumes 2011: Seta Souji (Persona 4 [School Uniform] | STILL NEEDS TO BE ORDERED), Sanada Akihiko (Persona 3 [School Uniform and Summer Outfit] | Done ... Sorta.)

"The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is."

#8 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostKev, on 25 January 2011 - 11:22 PM, said:

I had an old, gutted (no barrel, spring, or magazine) SigSauer P226 airsoft pistol that I painted silver to approximate what an Evoker from Persona 3 would look like when I cosplayed Akihiko's fall outfit (nobody knew WTF I was except maybe a handful of people at the Persona panel). I just bought some neon orange paint, sprayed the tip, and didn't have any problems.

If it was last year at Acen and you was with a Elizabeth then I probably took a picture of you. I did see a Naoto as well as a Aki-sempai and nobody knew who the heck they were!

Thanks; I'm trying to get Vash's gun as close as possible from the series. :D

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 27 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#9 User is offline   Kev 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59345

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

This was ... 2009, I believe. I didn't go last year because ACEN fell between final examinations. :(
Motaku: Motor-Otaku
My Anime List
Bookface

Costumes 2011: Seta Souji (Persona 4 [School Uniform] | STILL NEEDS TO BE ORDERED), Sanada Akihiko (Persona 3 [School Uniform and Summer Outfit] | Done ... Sorta.)

"The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is."

#10 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostKev, on 27 January 2011 - 04:26 PM, said:

This was ... 2009, I believe. I didn't go last year because ACEN fell between final examinations. :(

Oh darn never mind! I didn't go 2009 because I ran out of money and me and my ex bf broke up and he was going just because >.<
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#11 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

if I gutted this and painted it silver wondering would it be ok:

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B000W34OUM

Just found it.

So far going to try nerf rifle for Vash's rifle #_#
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#12 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:04 AM

What about 100% cardboard with no trigger?

http://cardboardarmo...earch/label/USP
(last picture)

#13 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

I think that would be fine.

Make sure the tip is orange.
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

#14 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

Awesome you guys are cool! Thanks a lot for the quick response and information!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#15 User is offline   HikaruNoRose 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17492

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

This definitely helps me out with my dual guns for Yuna o.o
Anime Central 2012: Cosplaying as:
Blue - Wolf's Rain: Progress: 50%

#16 User is offline   Selfius Valrin 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59806

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

Hi, I was wondering if this gun would be acceptable.

http://www.amazon.co...2854217&sr=1-11

I could modify it to make it non-firing. The only concern is that the barrel is made from metal, not plastic.
"Gantras Valeria Victrix!"

"We march for Macragge!"

#17 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

View PostSelfius Valrin, on 15 April 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

Hi, I was wondering if this gun would be acceptable.

http://www.amazon.co...2854217&sr=1-11

I could modify it to make it non-firing. The only concern is that the barrel is made from metal, not plastic.

You would have to make it non-firing, and you'd have to carry it in such a way that people can see the transparent parts.

Other than that, it's fine.

#18 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

Oouu! A gun thread. Just what I need.
Alright, I know that ACEN has the 4ft weapon rule in general. I'm planning on cosplaying as Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing, and of course I have a 6ft tall musket. Now my question is, when carrying it around, do I have to have it separated into it's two pieces of less than 4ft, or am I allowed to walk around with the full weapon in tact? I honestly can't remember what other people have done in the past because weapons was never a main concern of mine going to ACEN xD (outside of doing a horrible cross-play of Cloud back in 2007).

Picture reference of my gun. (It actually isn't 100%, but my uncle was finished enough with it that I could parade it around NoBrandCon this weekend)
http://www.facebook....&type=1

#19 User is offline   Selfius Valrin 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59806

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:51 AM

View PostTheRabbi, on 15 April 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

You would have to make it non-firing, and you'd have to carry it in such a way that people can see the transparent parts.

Other than that, it's fine.

Thanks for the quick reply. You have my thanks from one sysadmin to another. :)
"Gantras Valeria Victrix!"

"We march for Macragge!"

#20 User is offline   KuroroCure 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58461

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

http://i276.photobuc...re/gunphoto.jpg

This is my gun for my Dominique cosplay. Is this acceptable? If not, how could I make it acceptable? Thank you for your timely reply.
ACen 2011:
Dominique the Cyclops- Trigun (Friday)
Princess Jupiter- Sailor Moon (Saturday)
If you have pictures, please let me know, thanks! <3

#21 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Unfortunately, that prop looks too much like a real gun. Various ways to make it acceptable are pointed out in the rules and include things like changing its color or style.

#22 User is offline   KuroroCure 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 58461

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostTheRabbi, on 08 May 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

Unfortunately, that prop looks too much like a real gun. Various ways to make it acceptable are pointed out in the rules and include things like changing its color or style.

Such as putting an orange tip on it? Should I take out the trigger? Would that be acceptable? This is a dollar store gun that I painted, I'd really not like to have to take around a green or orange gun in general... I understand this is for safety purposes, but this has "MADE IN CHINA" on the plastic.

Edit: I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just wondering what I could do. I -do- look at rules, and am wondering if I could take out the trigger if that would be acceptable.

EDIT AGAIN: I just won't use it, I'm sorry, I learned that it's not -your- rule, it's the hotel's. I would be scared if someone pulled out something like that around me too. Won't use it, I'll find something acceptable.

This post has been edited by KuroroCure: 08 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

ACen 2011:
Dominique the Cyclops- Trigun (Friday)
Princess Jupiter- Sailor Moon (Saturday)
If you have pictures, please let me know, thanks! <3

#23 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

To be clear, it is our rule, but it was developed in conjunction with the hotel and Rosemont Public Safety.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users