• This topic is locked

Bioshock 2011 Welcome to Rapture

#1 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 13944

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Is anyone planning on doing Bioshock cosplays this year? I know I have seen a lot of Bioshock cosplayers in the past ACen's! My friend and I are jumping the bandwagon and doing the artbook versions of the splicers! :D

Here's what we'll look like! :): http://i286.photobuc...27533b8f5_o.jpg

I would love to see more cosplays from this awesome video game!

Details for this meet-up:
Day: Saturday
Time: 9 - 9:30 pm
Time: 11 pm - 11:30 pm

TENTATIVE ACen 2012 Plans
+. Kurisu Makise [Steins;Gate]
+. Misty [Pokemon]
+. Shiemi Moriyama [Ao no Exorcist]
+. Linda Linda! Masaomi Kida [Durarara!!]

#2 User is offline   disappearing_boy64 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59277

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

I want to do it this year, my friends did it last year and they took a lot of pictures.

#3 User is offline   XxMishapenHeartxX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 44120

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Oh very cool! :3

well Im fer sure bringing my Eleanor costume this year again and my little sister is ironically going to be a little sister (isnt that cute??)

but last year the meet was pretty cool but sadly not official so we had to move a few times and was a little confusing. So hopefully this year we can be official and have even more fun!
SOMETHING CLEVER
ACen '13
DmC: female Dante
Sailor Venus
Bioshock Infinite: Elizabeth

#4 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

I think I saw you last year! I'm not sure when were wearing our splicer cosplays but it would be very cool to meet up! :)
+. Misty [Pokemon]

#5 User is offline   Rehnar 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59358

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

I'll definitely toss mine in the suitcase before coming and at least be there for the photo shoot...
http://truesanji.dev...llery/#/d32gz8q

Not sure if I'll do the latex work all over again as it's an hour to put on. If we get a big enough group though I might.
If trolls don't exist, how do you explain the dead unicorns?

Acen 2012...

Possibly Pokemaniac/Larvatar = 100%
Maes Hughes = 100%
Dragon Age Varric and Bianca = 95%

#6 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

Ah, it looks good! :D Hope to see you there then!
+. Misty [Pokemon]

#7 User is offline   Nightmarous 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59422

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

AHH!! Yes, I found a group! Actually I am going as Subject Delta from Bioshock and it would be terrific to have others to hang out with at the con seeing as this will be my first time attending this particular con. Hopefully I will also be able to rope in a six year old to be my little sister as well to have a matching set and all- if not then I shall have to go little sister hunting. But I am planning on having the whole sha-bang with My delta costume. Lights, sound, and drill motion- though it's already looking like it's gonna be heavy as heck and all....The helmet alone is about half my size, so yeah......I am super excited about this cosplay and this convention so it'd be great to have some splicers lurking about.

This post has been edited by Nightmarous: 02 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

Kuroshitsuji cosplay group for 2012:
Grell Sutcliff
William T. Spears
Claude Faustus
Sebastian Michaelis

We would love to get everyone so if your interested in cosplaying with us send me a message.

#8 User is offline   phantomic bomb 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 31751

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

If I can sew a dress and make a prop wrench and everything in time, then I'm in for sure!
Semi-related question: Would it be 'taboo' if I don't do an exact cosplay of a splicer?
I can't find any sewing patterns that are a perfect match, and I really want to wear a cobalt blue dress instead of green.
Of course, I might change my mind on the specific costume since I only made the official decision to cosplay last night. XD

#9 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Lastnight I decided to cosplay as a Splicer. I figured it's easy to do and I have tons of time before acen comes. I haven't even bought my badge this year but it'll be good time spent making the mask. So far I'm going to wear the rabbit mask. Might change depending on what happens but that's what's sitting infront of me right now. UNITE SPLICERS! And whoever the hell else is cosplaying from Bioshock.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#10 User is offline   Nightmarous 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59422

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

So hey, I was curious if anyone in the Bioshock ordeal wanted to set up a photoshot time and all so we can get on the list early and get a goodspot. >w>
Kuroshitsuji cosplay group for 2012:
Grell Sutcliff
William T. Spears
Claude Faustus
Sebastian Michaelis

We would love to get everyone so if your interested in cosplaying with us send me a message.

#11 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostNightmarous, on 11 February 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

So hey, I was curious if anyone in the Bioshock ordeal wanted to set up a photoshot time and all so we can get on the list early and get a goodspot. >w>

yeah! I would love a Bioshock photoshoot. I have a lot of other photoshoots to attend to though, so hopefully I'll have time. I feel like Saturday night is pretty open for me (aside from the rave) Since I think my friend and I will be getting into our splicer cosplays that day.
+. Misty [Pokemon]

#12 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

I hope this won't be the same day as another photo shoot I'd like to be at. I couldn't pick this over my other cosplay and vice versa.

And just wanted to say this is exciting for me. I usually wait last minute to decide on things but I already have this cosplay all set except for making a better bunny mask. If I can find a good tailcoat, I might even come as Sander Cohen.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 12 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#13 User is offline   L0L33TA 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9243

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Me and my friends will be doing our Bioshock costumes this year again.. 2 Little sisters and a Big sister, someone just give us a day and time and we'll be there! :D
~2012 ACen Cosplays ~
Bioshock 2- Little Sister
Borderlands- Mad Moxxi ??
Batman Series- Poison Ivy
X-Men- Dark Phoenix

Cosplay.com Profile!

#14 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

Nice. I remember taking a photo of your group. Know anyone who's going as a Big Daddy? Hopefully they'll be a ton of splicers around. Maybe I'll make different mask since most always use the bunny. It's known for that haha

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#15 User is offline   Dr_hallucination 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 40617

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Well, since progress is looking good, I've decided to unveil my costume here first. That's right, you're the first to hear about my costume. I will be attending ACEN as Big Daddy, featuring my younger sibling as my little sister. Not too sure how mobile I will be with 6 inch lifts, an animatronic arm, and a 2.5 foot working drill. Those lights may also add some weight...ha ha ha. Well, look for me there! I'm thinking I will be handing out Pep bars; these cons get too long to go without a pick-me-up. Wish me luck!
Costumes for 2012:
Gilbert Nightray ~ Pandora Hearts
Secret ~ Obviously secret
Bec Noir~Homestuck
Chell ~ Portal

#16 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

Awesome! Glad someone's going as a big daddy. Hope it doesn't look bad like this dudes.

But this one here, this is awesome. And here

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 04 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#17 User is offline   Dr_hallucination 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

View Postnouseforaname, on 04 March 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

Awesome! Glad someone's going as a big daddy. Hope it doesn't look bad like this dudes.

But this one here, this is awesome. And here

Haha, I hope not. Trust me, I won't have nearly as much use of my arms and legs as the first guy. I've poured too much money into this for it to turn out that way, gosh darnit. I'm going more for the second one... :D

This post has been edited by Dr_hallucination: 06 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

Costumes for 2012:
Bec Noir~Homestuck
Chell ~ Portal

#18 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Awesome! Hope to see you there then. Is there a meet for this or not yet? If there isn't, that's fine. Kind of wouldn't go to the shoot anyways. I'm trying to make my mask as detailed as possible.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#19 User is offline   Dr_hallucination 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on 06 March 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Awesome! Hope to see you there then. Is there a meet for this or not yet? If there isn't, that's fine. Kind of wouldn't go to the shoot anyways. I'm trying to make my mask as detailed as possible.

Yeah, I seem to recall there being a meet for bioshock, but don't hold me to that.
Good luck with your mask! I love splicer masks (as I assume that is what you will be doing...), but unfortunately I lack the artistic skill to make a really good one. My only advice: do not almost cut your thumb off. I'm telling you, cosplay is not worth stitches (although many would disagree with me). I have LITERALLy put blood, sweat, and tears into my cosplay this year...but mostly blood...all over my costume. Ha ha, good luck!
Costumes for 2012:
Bec Noir~Homestuck
Chell ~ Portal

#20 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

View PostDr_hallucination, on 10 March 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I seem to recall there being a meet for bioshock, but don't hold me to that.
Good luck with your mask! I love splicer masks (as I assume that is what you will be doing...), but unfortunately I lack the artistic skill to make a really good one. My only advice: do not almost cut your thumb off. I'm telling you, cosplay is not worth stitches (although many would disagree with me). I have LITERALLy put blood, sweat, and tears into my cosplay this year...but mostly blood...all over my costume. Ha ha, good luck!

Haha, all I've put into mine was starch and paper. My avatar is what I'll be wearing to acen. Yeah, it's dark but that's what makes it so cool.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#21 User is offline   Dr_hallucination 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on 10 March 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Haha, all I've put into mine was starch and paper. My avatar is what I'll be wearing to acen. Yeah, it's dark but that's what makes it so cool.

Testify! Splicers rule. Well, I say the simpler the better...which really doesn't make sense when you look at my cosplay. I have a pathalogical need to make everything ridiculously complicated to keep me from dying of boredom. I can't wait to see all of the splicers at ACEN! Always such a good turnout...
Costumes for 2012:
Bec Noir~Homestuck
Chell ~ Portal

#22 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostDr_hallucination, on 12 March 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Testify! Splicers rule. Well, I say the simpler the better...which really doesn't make sense when you look at my cosplay. I have a pathalogical need to make everything ridiculously complicated to keep me from dying of boredom. I can't wait to see all of the splicers at ACEN! Always such a good turnout...

My mask may be simple as in how it's made but as for details, it's not even there year. I haven't touched it in days due to work. Maybe I'll work on it later on tonight though. I'm going to layer it more and more so if anyone bumps into me it won't bend. I've spent two weeks making it and I don't plan to make a back up lol If it breaks there I don't know what I'll do haha But yeah, I agree with you about making things complicated.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#23 User is offline   XxMishapenHeartxX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 44120

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

OMG YAY! This year looks like its gunna be epic! Its so awesome that theres going to be a delta too! I would love to get some pictures with you! ( im gunna bring my eleanor, big sister version)

saterday night? um...so what time? what works good for everyone?
SOMETHING CLEVER
ACen '13
DmC: female Dante
Sailor Venus
Bioshock Infinite: Elizabeth

#24 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

I plan on cosplaying Baby Jane and I have a friend cosplaying as a Janitor Splicer. I'll be doing his makeup!Have a sneak peek at it! I'm so excited too! I wish I was bringing my daughter with as she cosplays a Little Sister. But we are leaving her with grandparents so we can relax and enjoy ourselves.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#25 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

Why is the time for this so late?
I'm one of Dr_hallucination's close friends personal cosplay attendants, and I'd really love attend the shoot with her. (I love photoshoots-whether they're mine or my friends) The tentative schedule says Saturday at 11pm...why so late? That's SO inconvenient...I was hoping to be soaping by then.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#26 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on 20 March 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Why is the time for this so late?
I'm one of Dr_hallucination's close friends personal cosplay attendants, and I'd really love attend the shoot with her. (I love photoshoots-whether they're mine or my friends) The tentative schedule says Saturday at 11pm...why so late? That's SO inconvenient...I was hoping to be soaping by then.

The setting for Bioshock; as anyone knows if they've played the game; is dark. Splicers, Little Sisters, Big Daddys aren't seen in the light. I believe this is why it's so late, to get the shot in the dark, kind of like my avatar.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 20 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#27 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

The game is also classified as survival horror..we're trying to keep the more adult-themed/M rated games away from the kids. Also, Big Daddies and Big Sisters are pretty bulky.. at 11 pm, there's much less of a crowd in the hallways.. Imagine trying to make it to your panel that starts in 10 minutes during the day and having to push through a huge crowd trying to get pictures of them?

You are also allowed to use the parking garages for photos if you'd like to get more of that dark feel that the game gives.

#28 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

Where would a good spot be other than the loading docks? I'm actually excited for this now. Me and my wrench.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#29 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

The Loading Docks are only meant to be a meeting place to move elsewhere. Try the parking garages for a dimly lit area.

#30 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Oh, well we'll figure it out on Saturday then.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users