• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Perler Sprites?

#1 User is offline   Axel08 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 41234

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Are perler sprites allowed at acen? Is it considered fan art? I plan on making alot of them so i don't want to make any more if i can't sell them. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but i really need to know!
Here's an example(these were not made by me, but i plan on making ones similar)http://www.spritesti...perlerbeads.jpg

#2 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16763

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

My studio deals exclusively in these items; don't worry, they fall under fair use!

#3 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

View PostLinkJun, on 16 January 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

My studio deals exclusively in these items; don't worry, they fall under fair use!

Whether or not they are fair use, please don't say that it's okay for them to be sold in Artists' Alley when you are not staff and, in the end, do not make the final decision whether something can be sold there or not. Those decisions are reserved to Anime Central and Exhibit Space staff.

Please do not do that again.

I will be notifying the department head about the issue (if he hasn't been notified already) and he will get back on whether or not we do allow them in Anime Central Artists' Alley, for the clarification of Axel08 and any others.
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

#4 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

View PostKitchan, on 16 January 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

Whether or not they are fair use, please don't say that it's okay for them to be sold in Artists' Alley when you are not staff and, in the end, do not make the final decision whether something can be sold there or not. Those decisions are reserved to Anime Central and Exhibit Space staff.

Please do not do that again.

I will be notifying the department head about the issue (if he hasn't been notified already) and he will get back on whether or not we do allow them in Anime Central Artists' Alley, for the clarification of Axel08 and any others.

Sorry, but, I only said "they fall under fair use!", and made no assertions whatsoever pertaining to the AA or ACen at all. I made no decisions regarding the AA or ACen, nor did I say anything at all was "okay" in the eyes of the AA or ACen. They do fall under fair use though! =P

EDIT: Also, inb4 "well, you implied suchandsuch." I don't imply things, I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I meant to say that they fall under fair use, no more, no less! :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by LinkJun: 16 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

#5 User is offline   Kitchan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 24242

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostLinkJun, on 16 January 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

Sorry, but, I only said "they fall under fair use!", and made no assertions whatsoever pertaining to the AA or ACen at all. I made no decisions regarding the AA or ACen, nor did I say anything at all was "okay" in the eyes of the AA or ACen. They do fall under fair use though! =P

EDIT: Also, inb4 "well, you implied suchandsuch." I don't imply things, I say what I mean and mean what I say, and I meant to say that they fall under fair use, no more, no less! :rolleyes:

Thanks; I also apologize for sounding harsh. ^^;
A wild Kit has appeared! What will you do?

#6 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostKitchan, on 17 January 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

Thanks; I also apologize for sounding harsh. ^^;

As do I, and I will make sure not to act as an authority figure on these forums ^_^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users