Anime Central Forums: DC Universe Online - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DC Universe Online Which side will you pick?

#1 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

So, with DCU coming out, I was just wondering how every one will play?

Will you be a hero, or villain?

What abilities will you use?

What power will you have?

So sony has promised a new focus character, missions, costumes, and other content every month. This is the first shipment, and it's purrrfect for valentines day!!!

http://massively.joy...update-to-dcuo/

p.s. if u are thinking about buying DC Universe Online used, DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT buy it unless u can confirm the activation code has not been redeemed.

You are getting scammed, DCUO has one activation code per game at this time.

I hope they change it, but they say they will not give out any other activation codes, and only that one will work for the disc.

The code is linked to the account once redeemed, and most people selling it online have used the code.

the seller may not know of this information either, so if you see a sale for a used one at gamestop, or ebay, I would advise them of the information. Just so they do not get in trouble.

This is especially important now, due to the fact that many people couldn't, or are too cheap, and bought the game just for the 30 day trial, and have not renewed the subscription. These people maybe selling them now.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 12 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#2 User is offline   disappearing_boy64 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59277

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

I wish it was for the 360, it looks so awesome, but at the same time I'd rather not pay a monthly fee.

#3 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

but at $15 a month, thats pretty cheap
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#4 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

The character creation is amazing, not as amazing as City of Heroes or APB but lets hope it's not as big of a flop as APB was either. If they have Ice I am going with that power and of course I am going to go bad as my name says it all.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#5 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

i hear they do, and i'm sure they will have a better creator. kinda like how wwe made the dlc character creator.

I can't wait to play tonight, i will do it right after work, so i don't lose out on a day of free subscription.

#6 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

removed

This post has been edited by redx1: 27 February 2011 - 03:51 PM
Reason for edit: Inappropriate

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#7 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

yes, but it's only $15 a month, and the first month is free.

#8 User is offline   disappearing_boy64 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59277

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Still, I hate monthly fees. Wasn't City of Heroes coming out for the 360 soon?

#9 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

$15 is a pretty standard rate for games that require a subscription. I don't want to pay $15 a month. That's a lot to me. I will stick to playing Guild Wars because you don't have to pay a monthly fee.
ACen '12 Cosplays
Fluttershy [MLP: FiM] [90%], Rarity [MLP: FiM] [95%]
'12 Cons: C2E2, ACen, Midwestria [Staff], JemCon, YoumaCon [Video Programming Staff]
Acen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#10 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

I heard that there is a deal if you pay like 100 dollars extra you can play the game for free, I am going to buy the game and if I absolutely love it, I will pay the extra money to play for free essentially.

EDIT: it is 199 for a lifetime subscription. Still if your going to play it as long as WoW, then I suggest you get the lifetime deal.

This post has been edited by DarkBebi: 13 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#11 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:47 AM

I just started playing today and I love it!

My alliance is villain and I use nature sorcery and my special skill is acrobatics and I wield a giant hammer. The fighting styles are fun, it's not a grinder, and it's crazy cool to battle heroes/villains like Power Girl and Bizarro.

I was torn between flight and acrobatics, but definitely have more fun climbing all over everything. The $15 dollars a month is worth it, if you plan to play often.

However I admit that the controls are a bit hard to get a hang of, and I wish the camera was more automatic, as it's a bit of a pain in the bum to direct your camera, and attack, and use hot keys, and block, etc etc.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#12 User is offline   stumpy1337 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45996

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

if my conputer didnt suck i would play it but i dont think that my laptop can handle it.
ACEN year 6 here i come

#13 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9171

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

Yea I saw this and I really want to try it out but I don't want to just straight buy it right away. Anyone know if their is a trial yet?
~* That's Right I'm Kira *~

http://www.youtube.c...TR?feature=mhum

^ My Youtube Channel. Check it out.

#14 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

yeah, but $15 is cheaper then some of the big name mmos.

200 for a life time? thats actually really cheap, and definitely good at tax time.

so can you pick your server? My PS3 has been downloading all night, so idk.

If you can, which server did you guys pick?

#15 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29758

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

New frontier over here, but PC.

Class is Fire-Hand blasters-Lex Luthor-Flying just got to level 20 and exploring Gotham.

Great game if you have other responsibilities and a life since its very casual friendly but it has its hardcore side. Definite pick up peeps!
PSN Account- Eingau Please Go on and add me, i would gladly accept.

#16 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:36 AM

View PostEin, on 16 January 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

New frontier over here, but PC.

Class is Fire-Hand blasters-Lex Luthor-Flying just got to level 20 and exploring Gotham.

Great game if you have other responsibilities and a life since its very casual friendly but it has its hardcore side. Definite pick up peeps!

SHOW ME GOTHAM.
I AM BEGGING YOU.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#17 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

gotham, and metropolis r really cool. What servers r the ps3 people on?

#18 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

I'm a big comic fan so I might go gamefaq and check this out for info.

Anyone know the specs on the PC/PS3 version? My laptop might be able to handle it since it could run Blazblue CS arcade ok.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#19 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

gamefaqs doesn't have much info.

#20 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Yea I'm waiting for more info to come in on this game. So far from what I heard it's my type of game but MMOs are such a touchy field of gaming. I really wish they would give us a free trail or something even if it was just a 24 hour free trail.

#21 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

well what info would you like?

I can check the game book tonight, but as far as I know the only requirement for ps3 is to have the proper space.

#22 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

u get a free 30 day trial...

#23 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Yea but you have to pay the $50 for the game and if you don't like it you don't get your munnie back. I at least want to try it.

#24 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

View PostNaruto9thDemon, on 18 January 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

Yea but you have to pay the $50 for the game and if you don't like it you don't get your munnie back. I at least want to try it.

I agree. I wish all MMOs would offer a 7-14 day free trial which let you try things out so you could purchase it if you wanted to buy it.

Of course half the problem with any MMO is finding a stable social guild and as much fun as the game looks, the social system is the worst in any MMO ever.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#25 User is offline   Naruto9thDemon 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 19 January 2011 - 01:57 AM, said:

I agree. I wish all MMOs would offer a 7-14 day free trial which let you try things out so you could purchase it if you wanted to buy it.

Of course half the problem with any MMO is finding a stable social guild and as much fun as the game looks, the social system is the worst in any MMO ever.

Yea I mean I would settle for a 5 day free trail just something to let me try it out for a bit to get a feel for what I'll be doing. It's kool that you get 30 days free but not kool that you need to pay $50 to do so. But all I really need to know is if the PvP is to my liking.

#26 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

I don't play PvP. To many villains.

However, I may turn it on when I level up more.

remember the plays are pretty 50:50 as far as good guy, bad guy goes. And with PvP on, A villains goal is to really just to kill a hero.

I don't socialize, I may find a guild online, but until I get a bigger TV...I can't see the text.

I also see random female characters dancing, and begging infront of me as I play, and with out the text, i'm confused... T_T

This post has been edited by Kasin: 19 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

#27 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 19 January 2011 - 01:57 AM, said:

Guild Wars has a free trial! Not sure how long it is though.

-shameless promotion- XD

ACen '12 Cosplays
'12 Cons: C2E2, ACen, Midwestria [Staff], JemCon, YoumaCon [Video Programming Staff]

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#28 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

never heard of guild wars.

I also heard war hammer was good.

i'm a fan of lineage 2, just as big as wow, and amazing detail, and free.

jade dynasty ia free too.

#29 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

That's because WoW overpowers GW. It gets most of the spotlight. GW has been around for 5 or 6 years I think. It's a great MMO. No monthly fee and you don't have to worry about people getting in the way.
ACen '12 Cosplays

#30 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Same with Lineage, it was fun, but I never redownloaded it. Probably never will now that DCUO is out.

I can't figure out how to get back into jokers vault to get more goodies... T_T

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users