Anime Central Forums: ***Official Hotel Questions Thread*** - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***Official Hotel Questions Thread*** Ask them here if you want an answer :D

#61 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

Gibson's steakhouse is right across from the convention center.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#62 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm kinda curious what you mean by a more "modern" hotel.

Also, thanks, 21rules. Did you find the shuttle ran on time? That was one of the most frequent complaints I saw.
Rawr. ♥

#63 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Another thing you should keep in mind about reviews is that you only get one side of the story - and as someone whose jobs have almost always dealt with the public, I can attest that some of those perspectives can be very negatively biased...and sometimes, it doesn't take much at all. Some people will not accept any service as "good" unless they get their way, and if they're told no, they will later try to construe the service as bad. (I've seen this multiple times working in an animal shelter.) In other words, different people will have different ideas of what good service is. Unfortunately, with online reviews, you don't get to see the vendor's side of the story. This is why I tend to take online reviews with a grain of salt.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#64 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

View PostKokoro, on 23 February 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

What websites did you go on? I looked at a number of different reviews. And while I did take Statistics 101 (thanks), that doesn't mean the negative reviews aren't important or real. I did not like what I read. So I'm curious to hear what others thought of the hotel, or if there will be special rates for other less expensive hotels in the future.

And I don't wanna eat stale muffins for three days that I bought earlier that week. So a restaurant where I can get 3 decent meals per day is important to us.

I went on TripAdvisor. Honestly, a lot of them just sounded a lot like they're whining because things didn't exactly go their way. A lot of it is just objective.

And I would still weigh good reviews were people actually took the time to say something with a lot more weight than people who just want to complain. I worked in customer support over the phone for over a year. I was at 98% metric wise with my customers, so I knew how to do my job and was very friendly. I probably only had a dozen people ask if they could tell someone higher about me. Had a lot of people ask to speak with someone higher because I couldn't solve their problem right this very minute.

Bad service? Size of rooms? That's objective. Just like accepting what a critic said about a movie/game/show whatever. I don't trust it. I've never worked in the hotel business exactly, but I have worked in customer service my whole working career, I know people expect every little thing out of you. Even when you tell them it's impossible to pull the moon out of the sky, they still expect it of you.

The only thing I read would bother me would be soap dispensers instead of bottles or bars. That's unsanitary, even for a hotel. But even that, you can get over with by bringing your own stuff from home.

And again, you don't need to eat out even while on vacation. Especially since you said you are trying to save money. Fine if muffins aren't your thing, get some kind of cereal or protein bars.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#65 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Muffins are awesome btw.

I agree with Rukariou, and Valkyrie many things are subjective to a person. Who knows the person that gave that really bad review might not have been the best customer in general, impossible to please and the like.

There are many things you can make to eat in your room without spending a bunch of money. Some hotels offer microwaves, and fridges. Plus fruit and cereal keep nicely and are good sources of nutrition during a con. If you do order out just be prepared to wait awhile if you order around dinner time.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#66 User is offline   Glinda 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 52663

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

Errrm... I gotta question about the Hyatt rooms!! >_< Can we remove the stuff in the minibar and use the mini-refrigerator space?? I'm afraid I might get charged...

#67 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

View PostGlinda, on 14 April 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

Errrm... I gotta question about the Hyatt rooms!! >_< Can we remove the stuff in the minibar and use the mini-refrigerator space?? I'm afraid I might get charged...

I believe they will charge you for just looking at it. It's safest to just never use one of those fridges, bring an igloo cooler, and use the ice that the hotel ice machines provide.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#68 User is offline   keiichi969 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49954

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Best thing to do would be to as the front desk on check in, or call the day before, and ask that they empty it for you.

Lots of times the minibar fridges have sensors to see when things are removed, and bill automatically. If the staff empties it, there's no way to get charged.

This post has been edited by keiichi969: 14 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

#69 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

View PostGlinda, on 14 April 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

The mini fridge items are on a sensor, so you're best off not touching them, but you might be able to request a regular mini-fridge. My friend had one in our connected rooms last year, requested for her insulin. Better check with the hotel ahead of time, though.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#70 User is offline   Glinda 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 52663

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

Thank you so much, everyone. :]

I have another question!
I am under 21 years old, so I had my parent, who is over 21, book the hotel room for me. My parent is not able to check-in at the hotel with me; is there a way for me to check-in under my parent's name? Of course I mean following hotel regulations... I have permission from her to do so; I have her credit card, too.

This post has been edited by Glinda: 16 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users