Anime Central Forums: ***Official Hotel Questions Thread*** - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

***Official Hotel Questions Thread*** Ask them here if you want an answer :D

#1 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:19 AM

I'll ask my question again here. With the Embassy Suites, when you reserve do you need to pay all up front or do you have to pay a certain amount. With the block opening on Monday, I'm hoping I have enough money to do so
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#2 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

As far as I know from when I stay at the ES, they don't have you pay when you reserve(unless you want to) until you arrive to check in. Though I usually prepay them in advance so I don't blow my budget when I get to the con. I'm happy that we have hotel news, let alone that the ES is opening. :D

(On an unrelated note, YAY tokusatsu person :D I'm trying to get things going with threads in the panels and cosplay gathering posts...)
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#3 User is offline   GinTheDark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17933

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

I have a question!

What's the difference between the three double bed rooms at the Embassy?(Single/Double, Triple, and Quad?)

I went on the website, and all I could find were 2 room 2 bed suites. I just want the room with 2 double beds and a pull-out couch bed, and I already tried calling them. The representative I got was...well, not the best in their arsenal, I suppose. If no one here can answer, then I'll try calling again ^^;
Acen rocks, amirite?

#4 User is offline   Rurounotaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9477

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

View PostGinTheDark, on 07 January 2011 - 11:12 AM, said:

I have a question!

What's the difference between the three double bed rooms at the Embassy?(Single/Double, Triple, and Quad?)

I went on the website, and all I could find were 2 room 2 bed suites. I just want the room with 2 double beds and a pull-out couch bed, and I already tried calling them. The representative I got was...well, not the best in their arsenal, I suppose. If no one here can answer, then I'll try calling again ^^;

I'm curious about the single to quad difference too. I googled around and I think it means occupancy of the room, kind of like college dorm rooms that have space for 1 student (single), 2 students (double), and so on.

Which means if you're thinking of staying at Embassy's 2-double-bed room and your group have 4 people, then you'd pay the quad price of $195 per night. Some people when reserving the room may report having 2 people (when they actually have more), in order to save the $10 or 20 or more depending on how many nights you're staying. It's up to you, I guess.

#5 User is offline   GinTheDark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

View PostRurounotaku, on 07 January 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

I'm curious about the single to quad difference too. I googled around and I think it means occupancy of the room, kind of like college dorm rooms that have space for 1 student (single), 2 students (double), and so on.

Which means if you're thinking of staying at Embassy's 2-double-bed room and your group have 4 people, then you'd pay the quad price of $195 per night. Some people when reserving the room may report having 2 people (when they actually have more), in order to save the $10 or 20 or more depending on how many nights you're staying. It's up to you, I guess.

In that case, which type holds 6 people? I called them a few months ago, and asked them if their double bed suite with a pull-out couch could legally hold 6 people, and they said yes!

Also, I think it's a little silly to charge the more money for the same room just because more people will be in there XP I'm sure they have their reasons, but I think it's silly T_T

I'm just confused ~_~'
Acen rocks, amirite?

#6 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

View PostGinTheDark, on 07 January 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

In that case, which type holds 6 people? I called them a few months ago, and asked them if their double bed suite with a pull-out couch could legally hold 6 people, and they said yes!

Also, I think it's a little silly to charge the more money for the same room just because more people will be in there XP I'm sure they have their reasons, but I think it's silly T_T

I'm just confused ~_~'

The reason this particular hotel charges more is probably because they have a full breakfast area. Only people with the "tickets" they give you are allowed to have the breakfast. If you tell them you have 2, when really you have six, you'd only get 2 tickets and they do check them from what I understand.

I'm personally cool with paying an extra $20/night if it means my group gets free food every day, since we always have problem with food because we are all Artists.

#7 User is offline   GinTheDark 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 07 January 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

The reason this particular hotel charges more is probably because they have a full breakfast area. Only people with the "tickets" they give you are allowed to have the breakfast. If you tell them you have 2, when really you have six, you'd only get 2 tickets and they do check them from what I understand.

I'm personally cool with paying an extra $20/night if it means my group gets free food every day, since we always have problem with food because we are all Artists.

Oh! I understand that, then XD That's not silly at all ^^

So, does ACen not have a block price for the room with 6 people, then?
Acen rocks, amirite?

#8 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

View PostGinTheDark, on 07 January 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Oh! I understand that, then XD That's not silly at all ^^

So, does ACen not have a block price for the room with 6 people, then?

Honestly, I have no idea, since I'm not staff.

However, all the rooms of this hotel come with(if I read the site correctly) a pull out queen couch. Those can hold two people. So while it is marked here as quad, I think, theoretically, it can hold up to six people.

I'm calling the hotel now to ask about it, just to be sure. Not sure if they can answer me yet, but I'll reply with what I find out.

UPDATE: Ok, so it's a bit confusing.

LEGALLY, you can only have 4 people in the room. However, he said you could fit six people in the room if you utilize the couch, but their max occupancy is still 4. Why they don't up it to six, I have no idea, since it can obviously HOLD six people.

We all know that people shove more than is legal in rooms, since rooms with legal occupancy levels that can hold 6 people sell out fast. Doing that with this hotel may bite you in the butt though, since, from what I've been told, they monitor access to the food area and you can't take it back up to your room.

So yeah, that's pretty much where it stands.

EDIT OF EDIT:

To clarify, I called the hotel and spoke to someone regarding their maximum occupancy limit on site, which is up to 4 people. So if you want a room with 6 people, legally, you'll just have to get another room.

This post has been edited by Manifested Dreams: 07 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

#9 User is offline   Babyloser 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59040

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Got a question, so the prices above for each hotel aren't the reduced prices yet if we were to call ask for the convention discounted prices? :blink:

#10 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

the prices above are the reduced prices, you have to ask for them, otherwise you will pay rack rate which will be higher
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#11 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Finally I know what too save up for my half, now I must work a few minutes longer each day and be extra sweet to the customers. n_n Its basically 1 and 1/3 of my pay check.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#12 User is offline   7nica 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9193

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

YAY!!!!! now I can get a room ASAP!!! :) :D thanks 4 the good news :highfive:
PROUD FANGIRL OF THE BISHIE BRIGADE!!!! :)
check out my deviant art ----->7nica's deviantart page

R.I.P. Wayne M Finley (10-10-61/03-01-10) I LOVE YOU DAD!!!

#13 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yay!! Can't wait to reserve a room :]
Though I'm wondering, does the Double Tree charge on reservation or asks for a certain amount?
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#14 User is offline   7nica 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9193

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostGabicho, on 08 January 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Yay!! Can't wait to reserve a room :]
Though I'm wondering, does the Double Tree charge on reservation or asks for a certain amount?

U don't pay until u check in.
PROUD FANGIRL OF THE BISHIE BRIGADE!!!! :)
check out my deviant art ----->7nica's deviantart page

R.I.P. Wayne M Finley (10-10-61/03-01-10) I LOVE YOU DAD!!!

#15 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

Ok Thank you very much <333
I'm so excited!!!!!
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#16 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

I just made a reservation at the Embassy Suites for a King Quad. No payments required until check in/out and you can cancel up to 24 hrs before arrival, need a credit card for on file obviously. :3

When I called they didn't default to giving me a two bed quad room, so I'm not sure if those are just already sold out or what. Either way, rates are up, go go go!

#17 User is offline   TheOsakaKoneko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 21009

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 10 January 2011 - 08:19 AM, said:

I just made a reservation at the Embassy Suites for a King Quad. No payments required until check in/out and you can cancel up to 24 hrs before arrival, need a credit card for on file obviously. :3

When I called they didn't default to giving me a two bed quad room, so I'm not sure if those are just already sold out or what. Either way, rates are up, go go go!

Double bed rooms are already sold out. :( That's what I wanted, but I guess they only had a couple available and they were already gone as of around 9:30am when I called. If they had any to begin with... I got the King and waitlisted myself for the double room, but eh, if I can't get it King works. :)

#18 User is offline   bunnybeth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Unfortunately with 4 adults and 2 kids, we really needed the double bed room at the Embassy. I can't believe they sold out so fast this year, we've never had trouble getting that in the past. :( Still trying to decide what to do now...

Does anyone know if you can get a fridge in a room at the Doubletree or Hilton?

This post has been edited by bunnybeth: 10 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

CONversations A webcomic about the CON experience
Anime Eats! A cookbook inspired by food in anime and manga.

"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game." -Derek Zoolander
[BadCat Studios] [CONversations] [Bunnybeth.net]

#19 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59283

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

View Postbunnybeth, on 10 January 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

Unfortunately with 4 adults and 2 kids, we really needed the double bed room at the Embassy. I can't believe they sold out so fast this year, we've never had trouble getting that in the past. :( Still trying to decide what to do now...

Does anyone know if you can get a fridge in a room at the Doubletree or Hilton?

I'm not sure if you can get a room with a fridge that you can use for free. I've stayed in rooms there that have fridges, but they're part of the minibar, and I know that at some places you might be charged for opening the door or even just moving something. I've brought food from home, but I keep the cold things in a small cooler and just use the hotel ice machine to fill it up every day.

If the blocks for the other hotels open today, does anyone know what time? I'm hoping soon. :/
Give yourself prudence, and love your friends. Subway kid rejoice your truth.

"What is yaoi? Is it edible?" - my mom

#20 User is offline   Ketsueki Raven 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11782

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

How is the Embassy double beds already booked? This has never happened on the first day before. This is ridiculous :(

Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
#45 Airyn from ISU's Terrific Three Nu Class SPR '10

"If it looks like I'm fading, light a torch for me."
@ketsueki_raven

#21 User is offline   Toast 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 53342

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

PHEW it's a good thing I looked today! I just booked my Embassy Suites room, thanks for updating us. :)

Do you guys know if there's a possiblity of there being a newsletter in the works next year for those who want to book hotel rooms?

ACen 2013 [ Faerie Aisha: 0% ]
Toasted! || DeviantArt || Tumblr

#22 User is offline   Ketsueki Raven 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11782

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I booked a single king at the Embassy for Thursday through Sunday. I wanted a double, but I'm guessing that explains why the site was down early this morning? I'm disappoint, but that's what we had last year, so we can deal with it this year. Luckily I have a friend on the forums who was looking out for the opening, otherwise I would have missed it (since it opened much later than it did last year).

Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
#45 Airyn from ISU's Terrific Three Nu Class SPR '10

"If it looks like I'm fading, light a torch for me."
@ketsueki_raven

#23 User is offline   sithmuffin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19203

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

I have a question about the parking for the Embassy (i know i should just call but i'm anti-social and i'd rather just get my answers from the internet)
Now on this page it says that Parking is $15/day with in-and-out privileges for overnight guests... yet when i reserved our room it says that parking is $23 a night (doesn't say anything about in/out privileges).
If anyone could help that would be great :D
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Espeon (updated)
Harley Quinn (hopefully updated)

#24 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostMari_Queen_of_Fools, on 10 January 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

I have a question about the parking for the Embassy (i know i should just call but i'm anti-social and i'd rather just get my answers from the internet)
Now on this page it says that Parking is $15/day with in-and-out privileges for overnight guests... yet when i reserved our room it says that parking is $23 a night (doesn't say anything about in/out privileges).
If anyone could help that would be great :D

I'm not staff, but from past experience, the invoice they send you is essentially a default one where everything except your room specifics stays the same. The $15/night is our convention rate and the form just isn't updated to specify that, I believe. The same thing happens with the Hyatt Regency O'Hare when you get the e-mail invoice. Staff will probably clarify, but I wouldn't worry about it <3

#25 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

View PostTheOsakaKoneko, on 10 January 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

Double bed rooms are already sold out. :( That's what I wanted, but I guess they only had a couple available and they were already gone as of around 9:30am when I called. If they had any to begin with... I got the King and waitlisted myself for the double room, but eh, if I can't get it King works. :)

When I read this I called them right away! I was going to wait until like later on tonight after the initial rush cooled off but I was like already sold out?!

They charge extra for more people in a room btw >_> I got a king single and since it was three people they charged like ten dollars extra a night even with the code >.<

I got three or four months though to figure out final costs.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#26 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 January 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

When I read this I called them right away! I was going to wait until like later on tonight after the initial rush cooled off but I was like already sold out?!

They charge extra for more people in a room btw >_> I got a king single and since it was three people they charged like ten dollars extra a night even with the code >.<

I got three or four months though to figure out final costs.

If you look at the rates posted at the top of the thread, it shows that it goes up depending on the number of people in the room, that is just hotel policy, but we still got a good deal on the rates(Thanks Acen peeps!). I think it's largely because they have a glorious continental breakfast and it's to ensure they have enough food/towels/etc. Having "free" food totally justifies the extra $10/night :D

#27 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Enough about Embassy, How about the other hotels??? Any problems with that department???
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#28 User is offline   Dentarg 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9769

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Just booked mine, I've been waiting for this a long time, much thanks Brent!

See you all at ACEN 2010, muahahahah!

- D
Dentarg: Obsessed Disgaea Fan & Snowboard Kids Fanatic

Currently Playing: Makai Kingdom

#29 User is offline   Amelko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59283

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

Just booked the room a few hours ago! Three nights at the DoubleTree. Really looking forward to it. :D
Give yourself prudence, and love your friends. Subway kid rejoice your truth.

"What is yaoi? Is it edible?" - my mom

#30 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Until I start working again, I'll get my room. So maybe I'll see y'all, I do hope (fingers crossed!).
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users