Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley Registration Help Topic - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley Registration Help Topic The Help Desk, but on the Forums. 2011 Edition

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

The opening of the Artist Alley is approaching rather fast. It opens today at 5:00pm CST.
This topic is dedicated to all your questions about the Registration Process. Our Artist Alley Staff and Admins will be patrolling this Topic to answer your questions as quickly as possible.
So please post here, and we will try and answer you as soon as possible.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   nprecords 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59170

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

This is very likely sortof a stupid question, but which would be easier, ordering my badge before or after Alley registration?

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

View Postnprecords, on 16 December 2010 - 03:56 PM, said:

This is very likely sortof a stupid question, but which would be easier, ordering my badge before or after Alley registration?

Well you have to have a user name / user account to get in, but it is up to you if you want to buy a badge now or later. It doesn't matter from a AA reg stand point, but if you buy a badge and you don't get in, we don't refund or transfer your badge.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   nprecords 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59170

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

Right on, thank you very much!

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

PLEASE REMEMBER:

You need to be logged into your Website User Account before you attempt to Register for the Alley / Show.

#6 User is offline   Kay the rock lady 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59172

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

That would be the same User Account that allows us to log onto this forum, correct?

#7 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

NO - the forums are not tied to the ACen Registration system. You need to create an account on the ACen.org website (same instructions as when general badge registration opened earlier this year). You DO NOT need to buy a badge first however.

Follow the instructions here: http://www.acen.org/...p-instructions/
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#8 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

This isn't so much of a question but as I wanted to point out an issue I had with the form, just in case others do, too:

When I got to the part to add studio members, it told me the usernames I entered were invalid even though I know they were correct and even had the registration emails with the usernames in front of me. Because of that I had no choice but to leave that area blank (also meaning as a heads up, if I was able to submit my form in time to get a table I will have to add someone).

Thanks a lot!

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

Friday: Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
Saturday: Zelda - Hyrule Warriors
Sunday: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII (tentative)

#9 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

If you get a confirmation email after you submit, or if you are unable to complete the form again, you can count on your form being received. :)

Also we can always add people as studio mates at a later date.

#10 User is offline   Bananer 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59174

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

I read FAQ #127 and it didn't really anwer my Q. I want to share 1 table with another studio but would that count as subleaseing and be against the rules?

#11 User is offline   tatsumakichan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17729

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

Would we be able to change our studio names later once we figure out who our remaining studio members are? I might be sharing a table with a fellow artist but she is currently undecided on whether or not she can make it to the convention in 2011.
Cosplay 2011: X23 (MvC3), Female!Japan (APH)

Blog: http://jenniferkwanart.blogspot.com/
Deviantart: Art Account and Photo/cosplay Account

#12 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostBananer, on 16 December 2010 - 06:46 PM, said:

I read FAQ #127 and it didn't really anwer my Q. I want to share 1 table with another studio but would that count as subleaseing and be against the rules?

You can not charge them anything for using that space, or else it would be subleasing.

#13 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

So, SITEOVERLOAD aside, I thought this form was really easy to use and really straightforward. I got mine in within the first hour, so I think I'm good. My only question is, how do we request who we sit next to? I couldn't find any field asking about your seating preferences.

Thank you to Phillip and his staff for being awesome despite all the setbacks!

#14 User is offline   Bananer 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59174

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2010 - 07:00 PM, said:

You can not charge them anything for using that space, or else it would be subleasing.

Alright, thank you very much!

#15 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 16 December 2010 - 07:08 PM, said:

So, SITEOVERLOAD aside, I thought this form was really easy to use and really straightforward. I got mine in within the first hour, so I think I'm good. My only question is, how do we request who we sit next to? I couldn't find any field asking about your seating preferences.

Thank you to Phillip and his staff for being awesome despite all the setbacks!

I will work on trying to find a solution to that.
Thank you

Also as a general note, the Alley filled in 56 minutes so.... We know how to improve our things for next year. Thank you everyone for your patience, and I apologize for the website and form hassles.

#16 User is offline   thatreevesgirl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5892

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

I was unsure whether I wanted any art show flats at the time of purchasing the tables. If I can't add them later that won't be a problem, but are we allowed to go and change that later on? Make additions if room is available? I just won't know until mid-January if I'll have art to display/sell, so I didn't want to buy and not use the space I purchased.

#17 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

View Postthatreevesgirl, on 16 December 2010 - 07:18 PM, said:

I was unsure whether I wanted any art show flats at the time of purchasing the tables. If I can't add them later that won't be a problem, but are we allowed to go and change that later on? Make additions if room is available? I just won't know until mid-January if I'll have art to display/sell, so I didn't want to buy and not use the space I purchased.

Well.. you won't be able to change it, but we can go in on the back end and change it, or if there is space at con you can get on then. We haven't gone over all the submissions yet though, so I don't know if we hit the waiting list for flats. Registrations are still coming in strong, and us Admins are trying not to bog down the system by loading tons of pages right now.

#18 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11440

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2010 - 07:17 PM, said:

Also as a general note, the Alley filled in 56 minutes so.... We know how to improve our things for next year. Thank you everyone for your patience, and I apologize for the website and form hassles.

Is that 56 minutes from 5:00pm when the Artist Alley was supposed to open, or when the form actually went live...?

#19 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

View Postmegoomba, on 16 December 2010 - 07:26 PM, said:

Is that 56 minutes from 5:00pm when the Artist Alley was supposed to open, or when the form actually went live...?

From the first received submission. XD

#20 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11440

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

All righty then! *prays to the Artist Alley gods that she got in*

#21 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

wow, that's amazing!
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#22 User is offline   Sailys 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 49660

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

This was probably the most difficult time I had attempting to register for AA, but it's mainly due to site overload. Found it a bit unfair, honestly, since I couldn't even get through completing the whole form without the site timing out on me most of the time, and I actually did attempt to register ever since the AA registration opened. The form itself was straightforward enough, though.

Anyway, complaining aside, I do hope you can get that issue solved for next year, I know you guys are doing your best. <:

Also, what are the chances of wait-listed artists getting into AA? Just curious so I can keep my hopes up after not getting my registration through before the alley got full, lol. So fast this year!

#23 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

View PostSailys, on 16 December 2010 - 07:35 PM, said:

Also, what are the chances of wait-listed artists getting into AA? Just curious so I can keep my hopes up after not getting my registration through before the alley got full, lol. So fast this year!

50/50 I guess? After registration closes, if a table becomes available, we go to the waiting list to fill it.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#24 User is offline   Chao-Fangirl 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19459

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Here's hoping I somehow managed to get into artist alley. According to the timestamp on the submission email I received and the one on the forums that announced registration was open, I submitted my form in the first 20 minutes it was open. It took that long for me to fill it out because the pages were really slow at loading.

#25 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16763

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 16 December 2010 - 07:27 PM, said:

From the first received submission. XD

Wow haha. When exactly did you guys receive the first successful submission?

#26 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Wha..WHAT?! Wasn't there suppose to be an email sent via the mailing list??!!!

*cries* Yes I'm being dramatic but wtf man
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '15
- IDK?
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Pokemon!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

#27 User is offline   tatsumakichan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17729

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but if I don't get in to AA this year (and I just purchased my badge 2 days ago because I thought it was necessary), will it still be possible to request the badge be mail to me?
Cosplay 2011: X23 (MvC3), Female!Japan (APH)

Blog: http://jenniferkwanart.blogspot.com/
Deviantart: Art Account and Photo/cosplay Account

#28 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on 16 December 2010 - 08:34 PM, said:

Wha..WHAT?! Wasn't there suppose to be an email sent via the mailing list??!!!

*cries* Yes I'm being dramatic but wtf man

There were e-mails sent, about 4 of them over the last couple of days. At least 3 mentioned the exact time it was to open. Maybe they went to your spam box?

#29 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

View Posttatsumakichan, on 16 December 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but if I don't get in to AA this year (and I just purchased my badge 2 days ago because I thought it was necessary), will it still be possible to request the badge be mail to me?

I am not sure, but our Registration Department will be more capable of accurately answering your question. I'm sorry.

#30 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on 16 December 2010 - 08:45 PM, said:

There were e-mails sent, about 4 of them over the last couple of days. At least 3 mentioned the exact time it was to open. Maybe they went to your spam box?

No, I checked. I haven't even gotten one email. Who was the sender anyway?
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '15
- IDK?
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Pokemon!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users