Anime Central Forums: Question about being a minor in the AA - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Question about being a minor in the AA

#1 User is offline   skydreamer 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 48988

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

I'm under the age of 18 but I still wish to rent a table for the AA. I already checked the FAQ about this, however all they seem to mention is that you need some type of contract concerning yourself and someone who IS over the age of 18. Can anyone explain this contract further? Do I need to fill one out before I attempt to register? Will this conplicate things when registering if I don't have one of these contracts? Thank you very much!
2011: Saya from Blood+ and...?2010: Yumura Kirika from Noir2009: Shiro from Deadman Wonderland

#2 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

View Postskydreamer, on 12 December 2010 - 09:58 PM, said:

I'm under the age of 18 but I still wish to rent a table for the AA. I already checked the FAQ about this, however all they seem to mention is that you need some type of contract concerning yourself and someone who IS over the age of 18. Can anyone explain this contract further? Do I need to fill one out before I attempt to register? Will this conplicate things when registering if I don't have one of these contracts? Thank you very much!

I believe, you need a parent/guardian to register with you, and they (the parent/guardian) must be the one to sign the AA contract for you.

People under age 18 cannot form valid contracts by law (it's pretty much universal across the country). Parents/legal guardians have the ability to sign contracts for their children. :/

AFAIK, there's no special "Minor-can-rent-a-table" contract. It's just the regular "Renting-a-table" agreement that you, as a minor, have to have a person over 18 (who can legally sign contracts for you) sign.

'course, I'm not staff, either. :)

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

View PostTokoz, on 13 December 2010 - 09:34 AM, said:

I believe, you need a parent/guardian to register with you, and they (the parent/guardian) must be the one to sign the AA contract for you.

People under age 18 cannot form valid contracts by law (it's pretty much universal across the country). Parents/legal guardians have the ability to sign contracts for their children. :/

AFAIK, there's no special "Minor-can-rent-a-table" contract. It's just the regular "Renting-a-table" agreement that you, as a minor, have to have a person over 18 (who can legally sign contracts for you) sign.

'course, I'm not staff, either. :)

You nailed it. Thank you :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users