• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

View PostFaithful Jello, on 25 February 2011 - 11:49 PM, said:

You can count me in again. I had a lot of fun last year :-D

Looking forward to it.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#33 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostIsamu, on 25 February 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

Steak portions are pretty big. I recommend the mushrooms for the side and one portion will feed two. Thinking 9pm Friday. Also, as far as dessert is concerned, one piece of cake is bigger than any steak they serve.

lol you silly. "Feed two" my butt. By Friday night, steak dinner, I'll probably eat enough for 4 people. XD
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#34 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostJguy, on 26 February 2011 - 09:17 AM, said:

lol you silly. "Feed two" my butt. By Friday night, steak dinner, I'll probably eat enough for 4 people. XD

Interesting, are you wanting to make a bet on this? Cause I'm willing to bet you can't eat four big porterhouse steaks with two sides per steak.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#35 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

Oh heavens no. There's a lot of variables involved that could possibly cause me to lose. I predict, however, that if I were able to show up, which I probably will depending on financials, I could probably eat at least 1 big porterhouse and 1 side per steak. I don't bet, young grasshopper.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#36 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

View PostJguy, on 26 February 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Oh heavens no. There's a lot of variables involved that could possibly cause me to lose. I predict, however, that if I were able to show up, which I probably will depending on financials, I could probably eat at least 1 big porterhouse and 1 side per steak. I don't bet, young grasshopper.

You did say you could eat enough for four. You sure you don't want to eat 192oz of steak?

#37 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Just to put into perspective HOW expensive this place is this is the menu: Gibson's Menu

I just went there with a total of 6 adults, 2 children and there was no alcohol on the bill. We had appetizers, main course [kids split a steak], there was a side for every two people, and had divided four desserts.

Our bill was over $600.00......

I'd come with $100.00 with you are not drinking, around $125-$150 if you are drinking if you want the high grade quality food.

(And you will be leaving with doggy bags :D )

#38 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 26 February 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Just to put into perspective HOW expensive this place is this is the menu: Gibson's Menu

I just went there with a total of 6 adults, 2 children and there was no alcohol on the bill. We had appetizers, main course [kids split a steak], there was a side for every two people, and had divided four desserts.

Our bill was over $600.00......

I'd come with $100.00 with you are not drinking, around $125-$150 if you are drinking if you want the high grade quality food.

(And you will be leaving with doggy bags :D )

:D Yes I did look at the menu prices first before hand, and I plan on ordering a giftcard from the website for $150 or $200 so that I have it set aside for the meal for us. If it goes over then I will just use my credit card :) I figure that way the meal should be covered and not have to worry about finances for the meal when Acen gets closer.

What appetizers did you get by the way? I would like hear what you thought and if it all was good :) Also what kind of deserts do they have, I dont recall seeing that listed on the menu online. Though I may have missed it I suppose :)

#39 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 26 February 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

What appetizers did you get by the way? I would like hear what you thought and if it all was good :) Also what kind of deserts do they have, I dont recall seeing that listed on the menu online. Though I may have missed it I suppose :)

Oh my! Where to begin xD

[Read this with a british accent]

The potato skins were so delicious that could be easily made into a meal. The crab cakes were of superb quality. Mostly delectable crab with minimal filling. The lobster tail was served as an appetizer that realistically should have been served as the main course.

The deserts were served in portions for 4. The creme brulle was of the consistency of home made pudding with traces of vanilla bean. The sugar layer was of perfection. The turtle cake was skipped because there was simply no room for it. The chocolate mouse is like riding chocolate unicorn into candy mountain, charlie.

Now, back to my food comatose.
~~

#40 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Not to forget that the pieces of cake are huge.

#41 User is offline   TheCool 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 59476

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Steakhouse? Count me in!

#42 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

View Postredx1, on 26 February 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

Oh my! Where to begin xD

[Read this with a british accent]

The potato skins were so delicious that could be easily made into a meal. The crab cakes were of superb quality. Mostly delectable crab with minimal filling. The lobster tail was served as an appetizer that realistically should have been served as the main course.

The deserts were served in portions for 4. The creme brulle was of the consistency of home made pudding with traces of vanilla bean. The sugar layer was of perfection. The turtle cake was skipped because there was simply no room for it. The chocolate mouse is like riding chocolate unicorn into candy mountain, charlie.

Now, back to my food comatose.

LOL B) Well I must say that sounds devine! I love potato skins :happydance: , dont eat mushrooms or seafood though :( This may be a good opportunity for my husband to have some of both though, if our other friends decide to come they can share those items between each other or some you folks perhaps :highfive:

The deserts sound very very good, though did they have cheesecake? That is my favorite thing for desert if I can get to Cheesecake factory for the good kind :) Or any kind of Fruit pie preferably apple with ice cream! yummy lol.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions so far!

#43 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 27 February 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

LOL B) Well I must say that sounds devine! I love potato skins :happydance: , dont eat mushrooms or seafood though :( This may be a good opportunity for my husband to have some of both though, if our other friends decide to come they can share those items between each other or some you folks perhaps :highfive:

The deserts sound very very good, though did they have cheesecake? That is my favorite thing for desert if I can get to Cheesecake factory for the good kind :) Or any kind of Fruit pie preferably apple with ice cream! yummy lol.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions so far!

I don't eat seafood either. (I think it has to do with my love of The Little Mermaid when I was a wee one) I do recommend sharing sides with people so you can get a little taste of everything.

Oh, ask for the potato skins to be cut in half.

The desserts I found on the lunch menu oddly. lol Desserts. There is a fruit sorbet so that might be up your alley. No one I've ever known was disappointed with a dessert there and they might have something seasonal on the dessert menu.

If you are a huge chocolate lover or it's dot time for the ladies, chocolate mousse was AMAZING.

#44 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

All this talk is making me want to go even more! lol Ill go, assuming I dont have to work registration then. :P
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#45 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

I may or may not do this. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

It's because I am kind of frugal when it comes to food >_>;
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#46 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 27 February 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

I don't eat seafood either. (I think it has to do with my love of The Little Mermaid when I was a wee one) I do recommend sharing sides with people so you can get a little taste of everything.

Oh, ask for the potato skins to be cut in half.

The desserts I found on the lunch menu oddly. lol Desserts. There is a fruit sorbet so that might be up your alley. No one I've ever known was disappointed with a dessert there and they might have something seasonal on the dessert menu.

If you are a huge chocolate lover or it's dot time for the ladies, chocolate mousse was AMAZING.

Ahh... The Little Mermaid :) I tend to like all animated Disney movies! But with me I can't make myself swallow it, something about the texture of seafood :P

Thanks for finding the dessert list for me :) I will most likely go for the sorbet if I am having potato skins, steak and what ever other side we end up splitting :D yummy!

When will you be confirming the reservation by?

Two of our friends are pretty sure they will come as well, but I will try to get for sure yes or no out of them soon!

Also depending on everyone's schedules at Acen could we consider having it at 8pm instead of 9pm? Unless 9pm is easier for seating large groups. I prefer to try to eat earlier in the evening when possible :)

Sooo excited!!!

#47 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

I will wait until the beginning of May to get an idea of how many people plan on joining the dinner. Depending on how many plan on showing up I might have certain groups call in their own reservations due to groups of eight or more getting charged a set tip and all.

#48 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

I'm still planning on going to this. I'm pretty sure I can fit it into my schedule barring some major emergency at con. :]
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#49 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

View PostIsamu, on 16 March 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

I will wait until the beginning of May to get an idea of how many people plan on joining the dinner. Depending on how many plan on showing up I might have certain groups call in their own reservations due to groups of eight or more getting charged a set tip and all.

Ahhh yes the large party tip and all at restaurants :) Well if we get a large group I will happy to reserve for my small group and couple extra, and then just see about being seated near each other if possible upon arrival. Let me know when May rolls around! :happydance:

#50 User is offline   phantomic bomb 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 31751

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

I would love to go, but I don't know if Gibson's has any vegetarian options, so please put me as a maybe. :]
I have 3-7 friends who may be interested in joining as well.
It seems like you guys already know each other, so I hope I'm not butting into anything.

#51 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

View Postphantomic bomb, on 16 March 2011 - 10:23 PM, said:

I would love to go, but I don't know if Gibson's has any vegetarian options, so please put me as a maybe. :]
I have 3-7 friends who may be interested in joining as well.
It seems like you guys already know each other, so I hope I'm not butting into anything.

The more the merrier! I have never actually met these people yet either :) This will be the first year where I am able to attend the dinner and hopefully the meet and greet on Thursday to!

If you are concerned about the food options please check out the website for gibson's! http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
That will give you an idea of what is offered and the prices as well :D

Hope to see you there!

#52 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

I will figure out everything and at the start of May we will get the reservations rolling.

#53 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Went ahead and made a reservation for Friday night at 8pm for my group of 5 :) I can update later if you need to add a person or two to my group for this, just let me know! So close now can't wait!! :happydance: :highfive:

#54 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

View PostIsamu, on 12 December 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

We started at a smaller table and then was told some more people were coming. So we took a bigger table only to find out the other people changed their mind. We ended up costing the waiter about $100 in tips.

Should've got the early bird special XD
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#55 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

I hope I have money to attend still :(
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#56 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 30 April 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

I hope I have money to attend still :(

Me too. Moneys been really tight lately so we'll see. Ill know for sure next week when I get paid again

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#57 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

So I set up my reservation for eight. That will include myself, Rondo, Kungpowkirby, and Lina+boyfriend. With Faithfuljello, Flyingelf, and Alkaren as maybe.
Anyone else interested can call and set up a reservation at this number,(847)928-9900.
I hope people are still interested as I feel everyone needs at least one good meal during the con. If you are on my list and can't make it please let me know so I can offer the spot to someone else.

#58 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

View PostIsamu, on 01 May 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

So I set up my reservation for eight. That will include myself, Rondo, Kungpowkirby, and Lina+boyfriend. With Faithfuljello, Flyingelf, and Alkaren as maybe.
Anyone else interested can call and set up a reservation at this number,(847)928-9900.
I hope people are still interested as I feel everyone needs at least one good meal during the con. If you are on my list and can't make it please let me know so I can offer the spot to someone else.

Woot woot! I WILL be there. I have my schedule all figured out! I'm going for the awesome people only! ;) And the food of course!

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 02 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#59 User is offline   Exezer 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 53384

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

Sounds awesome ....put me down as a maybe...just wondering but is that place in the doubletree hotel or near it?

This post has been edited by Exezer: 02 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

#60 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

View PostExezer, on 02 May 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

Sounds awesome ....put me down as a maybe...just wondering but is that place in the doubletree hotel or near it?

Attached to it.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users