Anime Central Forums: ACen 2011 Meet & Greet! - Anime Central Forums

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ACen 2011 Meet & Greet! We Have A Location And Time!

#31 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

Felf is our new leader. XD
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#32 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

All hail FlyingElf! I agree with this idea. And in the event either of them are late. We can form an unruly mob.....right?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#33 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

I want IHOP, I like Breakfast samplers, and such.

Last year i was at IHOP with a big group, so I didn't notice.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#34 User is offline   Naruto Kun 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20346

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

I might be able to attend the gathering since I miss lasts years
My New Youtube Account, My Facebook, My Gaia Page, My DeviantArt Page My Cosplay Page
My Nicknames: Naru-kun , Naru-Chan, Short Stuff

#35 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

View PostLina, on 13 January 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Felf is our new leader. XD

I shall endeavor to be the best leader possible. Though honestly I still have no time to go out to eat after the fact so someone should still organize that. But as far as the at con stuff, I've basically organized the group itself during the meetup for the last few years so I will probably continue to do so in the fashion I've used in years past. The reason behind that being that I always felt the meetups were kinda cliquey and I really want to get away from that. We're a group of fans and just because we don't know someone immediately doesn't mean that we shouldn't get to know them. However when everyone breaks off into small groups of 3 or 4 people immediately and the new people are kinda left off to the side, that doesn't happen. So thats why I started forcing everyone into a circle with some basic introductions as to who they are. Its at least an icebreaker at worst and maybe you'll get a chance to talk to that guy you always seem to converse with on the forums, but have no idea what he looks like.

This post has been edited by FlyingElf: 15 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#36 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 15 January 2011 - 12:25 AM, said:

I shall endeavor to be the best leader possible. Though honestly I still have no time to go out to eat after the fact so someone should still organize that. But as far as the at con stuff, I've basically organized the group itself during the meetup for the last few years so I will probably continue to do so in the fashion I've used in years past. The reason behind that being that I always felt the meetups were kinda cliquey and I really want to get away from that. We're a group of fans and just because we don't know someone immediately doesn't mean that we shouldn't get to know them. However when everyone breaks off into small groups of 3 or 4 people immediately and the new people are kinda left off to the side, that doesn't happen. So thats why I started forcing everyone into a circle with some basic introductions as to who they are. Its at least an icebreaker at worst and maybe you'll get a chance to talk to that guy you always seem to converse with on the forums, but have no idea what he looks like.

Well I do want everyone to remember I did say sub-leader. lol I don't just want to usurp excel like that. lol XD

But anyways, I'm completely all for the big circle. It's true. People just stick talking to their own friends and don't really talk to others. What I've noticed from most people living over here, they prefer the "if you are new, you gotta immerse your in a group" rule. I find that to be odd, and well kinda scary. I mean you are walking up to people you do not know. What I've been use to is that the group of friends who know each other try to get the new person in the group and then the new guy pretty much gets to know people after a little ice breaking.

What I'd suggest, is that we do like some sort of group game or activity that gets everyone talking, and like knowing each other. I would say like Apple to Apple, (since everyone yet again in the area love that game) but it'll be too many. lol We need something that won't be too loud, or requires too much.

Also with the resturant issue, since Felf won't be able to, and I've been around for a bit, I'd Volunteer to lead over the Resturant part. (tho it's not really much, besides making sure everyone has rides, and everyone knows when we are leaving. lol) So I'd sub-lead just in case again, if excel isn't around.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#37 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 16 January 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

Well I do want everyone to remember I did say sub-leader. lol I don't just want to usurp excel like that. lol XD

But anyways, I'm completely all for the big circle. It's true. People just stick talking to their own friends and don't really talk to others. What I've noticed from most people living over here, they prefer the "if you are new, you gotta immerse your in a group" rule. I find that to be odd, and well kinda scary. I mean you are walking up to people you do not know. What I've been use to is that the group of friends who know each other try to get the new person in the group and then the new guy pretty much gets to know people after a little ice breaking.

What I'd suggest, is that we do like some sort of group game or activity that gets everyone talking, and like knowing each other. I would say like Apple to Apple, (since everyone yet again in the area love that game) but it'll be too many. lol We need something that won't be too loud, or requires too much.

Also with the resturant issue, since Felf won't be able to, and I've been around for a bit, I'd Volunteer to lead over the Resturant part. (tho it's not really much, besides making sure everyone has rides, and everyone knows when we are leaving. lol) So I'd sub-lead just in case again, if excel isn't around.

Honestly I'm going to do what I do because well thats what I do, and thats organizing things and at least doing introductions. I'm not worried about titles overall. You can call me whatever you want, but I've been doing it for years and I will likely continue doing it as long as I'm attending ACen.

I'd like to avoid games during the meetup because we simply do not have the time for them. Right now we have like an hour at best and by the time everyone gathers and introductions are done we've lost half that time. And I do like some time for sidebar conversation and to say hey to particular people. If we had more time it would certainly warrant consideration, but that would require cutting into the going out food time and people seem to enjoy that aspect of it.
Armageddicon!!

#38 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 16 January 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Honestly I'm going to do what I do because well thats what I do, and thats organizing things and at least doing introductions. I'm not worried about titles overall. You can call me whatever you want, but I've been doing it for years and I will likely continue doing it as long as I'm attending ACen.

I'd like to avoid games during the meetup because we simply do not have the time for them. Right now we have like an hour at best and by the time everyone gathers and introductions are done we've lost half that time. And I do like some time for sidebar conversation and to say hey to particular people. If we had more time it would certainly warrant consideration, but that would require cutting into the going out food time and people seem to enjoy that aspect of it.

Mm, well agreed. I was just stating things for organization sake (for the meetup.) Don't want any confusion (for anyone else reading.)

And yeah, that is true, that we might not have any time, but I was meaning something really small that will get people to know people a bit better. Not like a full out game, but something kinda quick and easy, but if there won't be time, then that is perfectly fine, just have to stick to introductions and chat, then IHOP.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#39 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Just so long as the meet is better organized than last year.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#40 User is offline   proxy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19396

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

It's offical I will be going to my first Meet & Greet this year!

#41 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

I will most likely be there for the Meeting and Greeting
and what else is planned but I wont be going out to eat.

See you all there~
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#42 User is offline   DJ Kagamine 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29499

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

all hail flying elf
My name is DJ Kagamine

www.facebook.com/aznracer1 <---- My Page

www.facebook.com/dj.kagamine <-----My dj page

www.soundcloud.com/dj-kagamine <------My dj mixes page

#43 User is offline   Kalista315 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7216

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:19 AM

Sounds exciting ;P
I'll try to make it if I can...
Follow me on twitter!!!
@guoster

#44 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Gweeee!! I know I'm a newbie, but I would love to come!! I hope I can make it once the plans are set in stone!
ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#45 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

Every one should come to IHOP!... >_> *stares at junk*

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#46 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

View PostKasin, on 18 January 2011 - 09:30 AM, said:

Every one should come to IHOP!... >_> *stares at junk*

^^; wat? Do you want me to go?
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#47 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:16 AM

maybe... *stares intensely*

#48 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

May 18 is my bday so I can't go that day but Thrusday is good.

I can go to IHOP probably as long as it's not super early because I live two-three hours away and I have to met my bf on the 19th before I check in >.<
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#49 User is offline   akiba64 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19610

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

I will be at the meet up, I missed it last Acen cause I fell asleep packing up because I had just stayed up for two days straight finishing up Polygon Cloud. Didn't make it to the con till 10am on Friday.
In the future, robots will play games for us.Member of the Cat-boy alliance =3My (outdated) Cosplay.com profileOblivious to dramaAcen '11 Cosplays:
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga) 0% Masq. Walk-on
Polygon Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) for the FF shoot

#50 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:57 AM

View PostIsamu, on 16 January 2011 - 05:24 PM, said:

Just so long as the meet is better organized than last year.

What specific problems would you say were had last year?

Overall I would say the biggest issue with last year was lack of space and there was far too much other noise around. I would like to find a quieter part of the hotel that is still easy to find. One where we have proper space to organize a circle and do proper introductions. But I'm certainly open to other suggestions and any problems anyone had with last year, feel free to post them up as they can't be fixed if we are ignorant of them.
Armageddicon!!

#51 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 24 January 2011 - 02:57 AM, said:

What specific problems would you say were had last year?

Overall I would say the biggest issue with last year was lack of space and there was far too much other noise around. I would like to find a quieter part of the hotel that is still easy to find. One where we have proper space to organize a circle and do proper introductions. But I'm certainly open to other suggestions and any problems anyone had with last year, feel free to post them up as they can't be fixed if we are ignorant of them.

The space problem like you stated and that Excel forgot where she said for everyone to meet.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#52 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

View Postakiba64, on 23 January 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

I will be at the meet up, I missed it last Acen cause I fell asleep packing up because I had just stayed up for two days straight finishing up Polygon Cloud. Didn't make it to the con till 10am on Friday.

I never noticed that in your sig. Good cosplay :D

#53 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

i shall be at this meet up in my cat maid outfit
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#54 User is offline   akiba64 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

View Postfiregirl26, on 25 January 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

::NOSEBLEEED::
In the future, robots will play games for us.Member of the Cat-boy alliance =3My (outdated) Cosplay.com profileOblivious to dramaAcen '11 Cosplays:

#55 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

View Postakiba64, on 25 January 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

::NOSEBLEEED::

pervy ^_^

#56 User is offline   FoolInCool 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17895

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

View Postfiregirl26, on 25 January 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

did you wear that outfit two years ago and sat next two someone in a stantz ghostbusters costume...?

#57 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

View PostKasin, on 26 January 2011 - 08:26 AM, said:

pervy ^_^

Of all people calling someone pervy. lol XD
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#58 User is offline   akiba64 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

View PostFoolInCool, on 30 January 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

did you wear that outfit two years ago and sat next two someone in a stantz ghostbusters costume...?

She didn't sit next to me at IHOP, but she WAS practically sitting on my lap on the way there in T_C's car.

#59 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

20 minute drive from my house. I will definitely be there
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#60 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

What time did you guys meet up last year? I ask because I've never been to Acen, and this sounds like a great way to meet people (:
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users