Anime Central Forums: ACen 2011 Meet & Greet! - Anime Central Forums

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ACen 2011 Meet & Greet! We Have A Location And Time!

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

:shuriken: UPDATED WITH NEW INFO ABOUT THE MEET N GREET! :shuriken:

Hi there! Once again its time for our annual ACen Meet And Greet! We meet up at the Hyatt @ 8:00, mingle for a bit and then @ 9:30 we go to IHOP at 7120 Mannheim Rd, Rosemont, IL. Its a ACen tradition that never gets onld and gets bigger every year! Friends are invited and are encouraged to come. Its a great way to meet old and make new friends. Here is a link that will show where the meet up will be at (Courtesy of Pashy-Chan).

http://i55.tinypic.com/2h6ap05.jpg
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

I've heard about this arcade from my friend. It sounds interesting. Playing retro games for a $15 cover charge is a decent price plus it's free in and out if you keep your receipt. It's a nice idea, but you just have to think about everyone else who don't play games or for the people who just want to hang. It kinda leaves them out of the picture. Maybe changing the restaurant would be nice for a change.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#3 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

Well, some people aren't able to make it Wednesday due to work, or schooling or some other reason that may prevent them. A few people I know trade shifts so they can work the week up to Thursday then have Fri Sat and Sun off. Traditionally the Thursday meet n eats (as I like to call it) have been just that, tradition, why fix what ain't broke? =)
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#4 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

I agree with HaruHE. I don't think we should have things for Wednesday as a lot of people work won't be able to make it. Not to mention those folks that live out of state that are only able to make it on Thursday-Sun.

Though Arcading sounds like fun! I'm cool with either one and I'll try to go this year >_<;; It may be difficult as I have three new people with me and they are all not active on the forums (as for as I know anyways)
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#5 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

So there is a huge nay for Wednesday. Now my friends on Facebook mentioned we carpool for the Arcade since parking there is very limited for those that want to go. The carpool suggestion is not a bad idea! I think we should have two groups one for the arcade and one for dinner, so that way everyone can have a good time! As for dinner im up for new places as well.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#6 User is offline   Sandstorm 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58954

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

View Postexcel excel, on 03 December 2010 - 12:02 PM, said:

As for dinner im up for new places as well.

Mitsuwa.

Not that it's new, exactly. Everyone has been there. But it's well-liked.

Also I have a car and live right off an L stop. :P
^I'm just Saiyan.

#7 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

A small problem with Mitsuwa if it happens Thursday though, they frown on costumes, there'd be too many people, and they don't stay open late...Generally the meet happens later in the evening so might be a good idea to go elsewhere.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#8 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:48 PM

As this will be my first meet n greet I was kinda looking forward to the IHOPing madness that I've heard about before but I'm open to new things so I think arcading could be cool too...

And on the topic of carpooling...i would so need a ride to any of these places since my mom drops me off, takes the car and leaves until sunday afternoon
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#9 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

I say stick with what we've been doing. I've made it a tradition to go to IHOP every Thursday of a con since it started. lol

This post has been edited by Lina: 03 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#10 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'm kinda up in the air 'bout this. I'm gonna wait and see what everybody else suggests before I say anything.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#11 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

well never been to it and im trying to get to the greet this year at least to say hi to all of you >___>
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#12 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

you should, it's nice. although last year i ditched to have knives show me my new gun!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#13 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

I say we keep the tradition the same.

Granted this year we have a lil more organization then what happened at this past acen.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#14 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

View Post-JUNK-, on 03 December 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

well never been to it and im trying to get to the greet this year at least to say hi to all of you >___>

I'm exactly the same way... haven't really met anyone, even through staffing >_<

But yeah, Thursday would be my vote, since it's the day before and I might already be there helping with setup.
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#15 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

I honestly don't care where y'all go since I usually am running around dealing with staffing stuffs on Thursday now. I hope you'll still do a meet n' greet on Thursday and maybe this year I'll actually FIND y'all! :) It seems I don't actually have a shift Thursdays, but I'm typically helping get us up and running, so I can try to sneak away for a brief visit, that's about it. :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#16 User is offline   Exezer 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53384

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

Yea im up for the thursday meet and greet since yea coming from SC and can only make it to thursday through sunday and yea i would also need a ride....no car atleast not in state.

#17 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 December 2010 - 10:20 PM, said:

I say we keep the tradition the same.

Granted this year we have a lil more organization then what happened at this past acen.

Don't want a repeat like this years. Just make sure everyone knows where to meet.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#18 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

ihop...right?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#19 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

after looking through that arcade list, it makes me more excited for this to happen! i'll be looking to dethrone that Dig Dug score >:)

EDIT: Also, would we be getting one of those private gaming rooms?

This post has been edited by TheBlueBlade: 28 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#20 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

I'm game for arcading...but what about people that don't have a car at ACEN and get dropped off on Thursday to save money on parking? Or people that don't have a car there in general? Is there an L stop near the con center to get to Brookfield? This will be my first so I'm game for anything. ^^ I really want to meet all of you!! :D
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#21 User is offline   DJ Kagamine 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29499

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

im down for both ideas. in turn for the people who dont have car, i can offer my services as a driver for 3 people.(6 if i get my moms car for the weekend)
My name is DJ Kagamine

www.facebook.com/aznracer1 <---- My Page

www.facebook.com/dj.kagamine <-----My dj page

www.soundcloud.com/dj-kagamine <------My dj mixes page

#22 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10568

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 29 December 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

I'm game for arcading...but what about people that don't have a car at ACEN and get dropped off on Thursday to save money on parking? Or people that don't have a car there in general? Is there an L stop near the con center to get to Brookfield? This will be my first so I'm game for anything. ^^ I really want to meet all of you!! :D

Closest 'L' is the Blue line. You could take it to the city and then Metra to the Brookfield or Hollywood stop. But that's a hour trip.

#23 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

I'll hang out beforehand, but will probably not tag along for any trip to the arcade/food. Pretty standard for me.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#24 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 04 January 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'll hang out beforehand, but will probably not tag along for any trip to the arcade/food. Pretty standard for me.

Same for me.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#25 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

>Notices they have every King of Fighters game available and are looking into the newest.
>Excited.

Taking challenges now. >=D

#26 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

I'll be there this year, if it's on Thursday. I met, like...3 people last year.

The IHOP is walking distance from the hotel right? It sounds like, if we did the arcade thing, we would have to be, like...super-duper organized as far as transportation. Besides limited parking, we need to keep in mind that some of us (*coughlikemecough*) don't have drivers licenses, let alone cars. It does sound like fun, though.

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 13 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#27 User is offline   proxy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19396

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

I'm still trying to decide if I should come. I'm still trying to decide if I should come Thursday.

#28 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on 13 January 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

I'll be there this year, if it's on Thursday. I met, like...3 people last year.

The IHOP is walking distance from the hotel right? It sounds like, if we did the arcade thing, we would have to be, like...super-duper organized as far as transportation. Besides limited parking, we need to keep in mind that some of us (*coughlikemecough*) don't have drivers licenses, let alone cars. It does sound like fun, though.

The IHOP is not what I would call walking distance. It's about 3 miles away.

What I honestly think we should do is hold it at the Hyatt and then if people want to go to IHOP or the arcade then that is their choice. I know last year I went to IHOP and there was almost no one there. So I don't think I'll be doing IHOP again this year. However I will gladly come to the Hyatt for the meet and greet. Also I will not bring cookies this year because no one ate them last year *sad face*
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#29 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

Last year was super unorganized which is why hardly anyone was there. I will still go because I've made it a tradition to go every Thursday before a con.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#30 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Well last year was like the only time. I think to prevent that, we need to elect a sub leader just in case Excel can't make it, and make sure the directions, time and place are posted in this thread so that fiasco that was last year won't happen again.

I'd vote for Elf since he pretty much lead the "get everyone together in one spot and lead everyone spot". Did pretty good IMO
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users