• This topic is locked

Wicked! Elphaba cosplay?

#1 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 43761

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

So I'm thinking about cosplaying as Elphaba from Wicked. I was just wondering what everyone thought of this idea. I would do her gown from Act II. Here's a picture of what it looks like:
Elphaba Act II
ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Elphaba from Wicked the Musical (Act 2 gown with broom, hat, Grimmerie, and Green Elixir bottle)

#2 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

I think that it would be a lot of work if you want it to be accurate.

This video gives great close-ups of the dress. It's an interview with Susan Hilferty (The designer) and she's talking about how they make the costumes ect. She talks about that specific dress at about 2:45.

Here is another one. They do a good close up of the dress around 3:25. The also have a cool thing about her doing her make up.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 25 November 2010 - 01:54 AM

I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#3 User is offline   basili1250 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 51718

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:49 AM

View PostJax Lecarud, on 24 November 2010 - 11:49 PM, said:

So I'm thinking about cosplaying as Elphaba from Wicked. I was just wondering what everyone thought of this idea. I would do her gown from Act II. Here's a picture of what it looks like:
Elphaba Act II

The distressing required for her gown is going to take awhile but it will be really, really awesome. Especially if you nail her jauntily-angled hat

I don't know why but when I first saw her costume up close after the show I thought "Is that...made out of garbage bags???"
ACen 2009: Industrial Steam Punk
ACen 2010: Batou (first Ghost in the Shell film appearance)
ACen 2011: Human cosplay
ACen 2012: Father Cornello (FMA)
ACen 2013: Wreck-It-Ralph, Free (Soul Eater
ACen 2014: Iskander/Rider (Fate/Zero)

#4 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 25 November 2010 - 12:56 AM, said:

I think that it would be a lot of work if you want it to be accurate.

This video gives great close-ups of the dress. It's an interview with Susan Hilferty (The designer) and she's talking about how they make the costumes ect. She talks about that specific dress at about 2:45.

Here is another one. They do a good close up of the dress around 3:25. The also have a cool thing about her doing her make up.

Ooh thank you! I really hope I can pull this off. I need to start on this like, now if I wanna do a good job.
ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Elphaba from Wicked the Musical (Act 2 gown with broom, hat, Grimmerie, and Green Elixir bottle)

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

If you can pull this off I will have to hug you <3 I loved Wicked! And I love that dress! I'm not sure where you could even start X__X
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

View PostSka, on 25 November 2010 - 07:09 PM, said:

If you can pull this off I will have to hug you <3 I loved Wicked! And I love that dress! I'm not sure where you could even start X__X

Hehe thank you! I definitely wanna make sure that I do this right, so this is gonna be the only costume I make this year. I'm gonna wear it two days, and wear my Chrome Dukoro cosplay that I already have the other day. And I'm going to see Wicked in January! :D
ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#7 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

If you're a good enough seamstress, I say go for it. I'd love to get a picture at the con.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#8 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

I totally started buying materials. I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas to start sewing though. Or at least until after the semester ends at school. And I drew out exactly what I'm going to do for the skirt and bodice. This is gonna be awesome! A pain in the butt, but awesome! ^_^
ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#9 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Okay, so I have most of my fabric purchased. I still need some purple fabric (maybe a nice taffeta) and my trims and beading. I just need to actually start sewing. And, I found a witch's broom from a few Halloweens ago that I'm going to tweak to make it look more like Elphie's, and I've ordered a bottle that looks like the Green Elixir bottle from the show.

Note to any admins: I don't know if my topic is under the right section anymore because I do plan on posting progress pictures once I start going on it. So, if it needs to be moved, then go right ahead. :)
ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#10 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

You know, I've never seen Wicked (I read the book), but that is a really pretty dress! If you do it, especially if you do it accurately, I shall absolutely have to poke it.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#11 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on 16 January 2011 - 12:45 PM, said:

You know, I've never seen Wicked (I read the book), but that is a really pretty dress! If you do it, especially if you do it accurately, I shall absolutely have to poke it.

Thanks! I would definitely recommend seeing it! It's amazing! It's verrrrrrryyy different from the book but it's fantastic.
ACen 2011 Cosplay:

#12 User is offline   Jax Lecarud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

I FINALLY started sewing! I've more or less got the basic structure of my skirt done. I need to add a train to it, which I'm going to work on in a little bit. ALSO...my Green Elixir-esque bottle arrived in the mail today! It's so beautiful! It's definitely taller than it is in the show, but I really don't care. Haha! I'll post pictures once I'm a little further along on my skirt. :)
ACen 2011 Cosplay:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users