• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostLina, on 03 February 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

The way he says light is so bad. XD

http://www.youtube.c...LLLIIIGGGHHHTTT

Enjoy.
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#62 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

^lol!!!!!!!!!

Oh darn Tactic orge comes out the same month as this game and the YGO movie I JUST NOTICED.

sigh.

How many times has Power girl been changed around? She was super girl then she wasn't then she was then she was Crisis world; it's giving me a headache more than LSH reboots.

Strange to ask but I thought She hulk was big compared to power girl in Marvel side? Her 'assets?' I used to watch the cartoon and that really...was hard not to start when I was a kid ._.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 03 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#63 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 February 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

^lol!!!!!!!!!

Oh darn Tactic orge comes out the same month as this game and the YGO movie I JUST NOTICED.

sigh.

How many times has Power girl been changed around? She was super girl then she wasn't then she was then she was Crisis world; it's giving me a headache more than LSH reboots.

Strange to ask but I thought She hulk was big compared to power girl in Marvel side? Her 'assets?' I used to watch the cartoon and that really...was hard not to start when I was a kid ._.

marvel powergirl? do u mean ms. marvel? that's her marvel universe equal.

power girl was never changed, but given aformal heros name.

like nightwing, and flamebird.

there was the first power girl from the golden age.

the during crisis power girls was super girls counter part, but when she came to earth 1, they had to change her name, and hair. so she used power girl as a respect kinda thing. Just as nightwing, and flamebird did.

however, nightwing, flamebird, batwoman, and etc have changed since they are technically the same person.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#64 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

Ended up preordering this on the PS3. I'm not entirely sure why as I never did get into MvC2. I guess I like punishing myself.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#65 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostKasin, on 04 February 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

marvel powergirl? do u mean ms. marvel? that's her marvel universe equal.

power girl was never changed, but given aformal heros name.

like nightwing, and flamebird.

there was the first power girl from the golden age.

the during crisis power girls was super girls counter part, but when she came to earth 1, they had to change her name, and hair. so she used power girl as a respect kinda thing. Just as nightwing, and flamebird did.

however, nightwing, flamebird, batwoman, and etc have changed since they are technically the same person.

Read somewhere but I cannot find the source that Power girl was just Alt Earth Supergirl, then she was something else, then she was Alt Earth supergirl, etc. It's confusing because Supergirl was just Clark's cousin in the Golden age and in one series of Supergirl was a FREAKING ALIEN. Heck she used to knock boots with Brainiac 5 until they kept changing the crap....This is why I stopped reading comics.

oh wait I think she does in recent...I seen him on a supergirl cover. Funny thing is I didn't know who Power girl was until I read Wizard recently no joke...I remember Crisis since my folks had the whole Silver age version not the reamp and don't remember her AT ALL. I do remember that time whatever dude lol.

No I was under the impression that She hulk was Marvel's version of Power girl for the Cheesecake matter, since people like Wolvie, Storm, and Rogue, but I couldn't image Rogue as Cheesecake.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#66 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 04 February 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

Read somewhere but I cannot find the source that Power girl was just Alt Earth Supergirl, then she was something else, then she was Alt Earth supergirl, etc. It's confusing because Supergirl was just Clark's cousin in the Golden age and in one series of Supergirl was a FREAKING ALIEN. Heck she used to knock boots with Brainiac 5 until they kept changing the crap....This is why I stopped reading comics.

oh wait I think she does in recent...I seen him on a supergirl cover. Funny thing is I didn't know who Power girl was until I read Wizard recently no joke...I remember Crisis since my folks had the whole Silver age version not the reamp and don't remember her AT ALL. I do remember that time whatever dude lol.

No I was under the impression that She hulk was Marvel's version of Power girl for the Cheesecake matter, since people like Wolvie, Storm, and Rogue, but I couldn't image Rogue as Cheesecake.

super girl has been done many times. but the main thing to know is that there are 2 main earths, 1 and 2.

power girl is the super girl of the alternate earth who took the name power girl to honoer the golden age heroine. who after infinite crisis has nothing to do with the other characters.

kinda like superman and batman were not the super man and batman from the golden age. also, superman never was nightwing, and never had an adventure with batman and robin, instead nightwing was a kryptonian hero that superman told robin about, thus robins change in name was decided, instead of him doing it to honor there adventures with superman/nightwing.

also how robin was kicked out of the role as robin, instead of growing up to be his own hero.

everything changed after crisis so much that some heros don't even have a history,or good one.

it was basically to clean up some stupid golden age stuff. like bat monkey, and super dog, and etc.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 04 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#67 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 February 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

^lol!!!!!!!!!

sigh.

Im sad about Tactics Orge coming out the same day as Marvel. I can't get both. If I wasn't getting Radiant Historia and pokemon white, I'd snatch it day one.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#68 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

View PostKasin, on 04 February 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

super girl has been done many times. but the main thing to know is that there are 2 main earths, 1 and 2.

power girl is the super girl of the alternate earth who took the name power girl to honoer the golden age heroine. who after infinite crisis has nothing to do with the other characters.

kinda like superman and batman were not the super man and batman from the golden age. also, superman never was nightwing, and never had an adventure with batman and robin, instead nightwing was a kryptonian hero that superman told robin about, thus robins change in name was decided, instead of him doing it to honor there adventures with superman/nightwing.

also how robin was kicked out of the role as robin, instead of growing up to be his own hero.

everything changed after crisis so much that some heros don't even have a history,or good one.

it was basically to clean up some stupid golden age stuff. like bat monkey, and super dog, and etc.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T READ COMIC BOOKS ANYMORE PROFESSOR >.< wtheck did they bring back hal jordan? Why? Is Guy alive too? Geez...

omg Radiant TOO! Forgot that game! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-darn. -.-;

There goes my refund, again. *sighs*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#69 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 07 February 2011 - 02:48 AM, said:

THIS IS WHY I DON'T READ COMIC BOOKS ANYMORE PROFESSOR >.< wtheck did they bring back hal jordan? Why? Is Guy alive too? Geez...

omg Radiant TOO! Forgot that game! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-darn. -.-;

There goes my refund, again. *sighs*

all 4 earth green lanterns are alive, and not any one of them is the spectre any more.

also the first green lanterns daughter, who got powers because he did the hibbity bibbity while he had the ring on thus infusing her with the power, came back from the dead after she was zombified by the black lantern powers, and released by the white lanterns ring.

but she may have demon powers.

supergirl does date brainiac in the dc cartoon universe.

#70 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

View PostKasin, on 08 February 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

all 4 earth green lanterns are alive, and not any one of them is the spectre any more.

also the first green lanterns daughter, who got powers because he did the hibbity bibbity while he had the ring on thus infusing her with the power, came back from the dead after she was zombified by the black lantern powers, and released by the white lanterns ring.

but she may have demon powers.

supergirl does date brainiac in the dc cartoon universe.

Current? Legion of Superheroes was rebooted three or four times; he was gay with Lyle aka invisible kid and Andromeda at one point. The first series one as well as the second series before crisis he was dating her and in Kingdom come they even had a daughter.

After they rebooted it after the reboot (when they were still teenagers,) I just stopped reading it. I think Brainy at the time was more like 'Brainy from first LSH combined with the Brainy from Reboot: Cold, calculating, etc.' and he was totally into Dream girl. Also didn't like how Saturn girl was a mute either :/ I heard they changed it AGAIN after that one.

*googles current Supergirl series since Brainy/Supergirl was her only straight pairing she enjoyed besides Iron man/wasp.*

On topic I might buy the game when it comes out if I don't buy so many doujinshi first.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#71 User is offline   dek 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10543

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

...Wait a minute...

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 thread

Discussion about DC comic characters in same thread

My face when

This post has been edited by dek: 08 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

#72 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

View PostKasin, on 04 February 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

>DC Comics discussion in a IS MAHVEL BAYBEE thread
Reaction image

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 09 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#73 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 February 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Current? Legion of Superheroes was rebooted three or four times; he was gay with Lyle aka invisible kid and Andromeda at one point. The first series one as well as the second series before crisis he was dating her and in Kingdom come they even had a daughter.

After they rebooted it after the reboot (when they were still teenagers,) I just stopped reading it. I think Brainy at the time was more like 'Brainy from first LSH combined with the Brainy from Reboot: Cold, calculating, etc.' and he was totally into Dream girl. Also didn't like how Saturn girl was a mute either :/ I heard they changed it AGAIN after that one.

*googles current Supergirl series since Brainy/Supergirl was her only straight pairing she enjoyed besides Iron man/wasp.*

On topic I might buy the game when it comes out if I don't buy so many doujinshi first.

the dc cartoon universe is considered batman, superman, zeta, static shock, batman beyond, justice league, and justice league unlimited.

kind of like how marvels cartoon universe was the amazing spider-man, x-men, silver surfer, ironman, and the fantastic four. until fox killed it.

#74 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

View PostKasin, on 09 February 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

the dc cartoon universe is considered batman, superman, zeta, static shock, batman beyond, justice league, and justice league unlimited.

Oddly the DC Animated Universe has been continued in comics. Loved seeing more Batman Beyond.

She began to speak.

#75 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

View PostAshBird, on 09 February 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

Oddly the DC Animated Universe has been continued in comics. Loved seeing more Batman Beyond.

yes, and so has the animated JLA unlimited.

I believe the amazing spider-man was as well, for a short time.

#76 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

View Postdek, on 08 February 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

...Wait a minute...

My face when

seconded
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#77 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

okay, marvel? how about the craziness of marvel, and killing almost every good x-man in the ultimate universe? from beast to wolverine

#78 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

So what teams are people going to use?

I'm thinking Ammy, Wesker, Zero

Chris, Ryu, Deadpool

Dante, X-23 and Spidey

I'll also most likely have a team consisting of 3 DLC characters.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#79 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

View Postcloudacmaster, on 09 February 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

So what teams are people going to use?

I'm thinking Ammy, Wesker, Zero

Chris, Ryu, Deadpool

Dante, X-23 and Spidey

I'll also most likely have a team consisting of 3 DLC characters.

Jill, Chris, Zero probably or the Joke team said in this thread.

Btw I was a hardcore Marvel fan til the whole Onslaught saga then I got confused...especially when they rebooted it and Ultimate came out. I haven't read Marvel since then and I haven't read Dc in almost three years :( Been reading manga and novels/fanfiction so waaay behind.

Storm/Maggy/Kitty/Boom Boom/etc. are still my favorites though no matter what.

Also Legion of Superheroes was my main back in highschool/college because I could relate to them along with X-men/Power pack/New Warriors and New mutants.

@Dek: so says the guy with the Hal Jordan avatar XD
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#80 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

can u pick any three, or is it on a point system like capcom vs snk?

#81 User is offline   DDR Syn 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 37348

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

So....I hear Sakura isn't in this one.
Is this true?
Poke'mon friend code: 1634 5160 8904
Name: Syn
Have at me!
Currently looking for Treecko AND Cyndaquil

#82 User is offline   dek 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

View PostDDR Syn, on 10 February 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

So....I hear Sakura isn't in this one.
Is this true?

The core roster has been confirmed. Confirmed DLC consists of Jill and Shuma-Gorath.
http://en.wikipedia....el_vs._Capcom_3

Any other DLC plans you hear about is just pure speculation until announcements are made.

As far as my team is concerned, I'm looking at Zero, Chun-Li/Storm, and Sentinel

This post has been edited by dek: 10 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

#83 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Just as the director/writers (or whoever) referenced Juggernaut B^tch in X-Men 3, I would like MVC3 to be HEAVILY influenced by Yipes.
Hell, just have the announcer be Yipes.
Oh yeah, and put in this guy!(NSFW!!)

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 10 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#84 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

In case anyone wanted to know what any particular alternate costume for a Marvel character was for:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1144674p1.html
http://fans.marvel.c...e_color_schemes
http://fans.marvel.c...rvel_alternates

Still mildly disappointed that we got MvC2's alt Captain America instead of Bucky's Cap outfit.

She began to speak.

#85 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:58 PM

View PostAshBird, on 10 February 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

In case anyone wanted to know what any particular alternate costume for a Marvel character was for:

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1144674p1.html
http://fans.marvel.c...e_color_schemes
http://fans.marvel.c...rvel_alternates

Still mildly disappointed that we got MvC2's alt Captain America instead of Bucky's Cap outfit.

I'll be disappointing if there's only these paint jobs.
I want actual alternate costumes and Capcom better not be charging me like they did with that SF4 crap.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#86 User is offline   DDR Syn 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 37348

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

View Postdek, on 10 February 2011 - 10:07 AM, said:

The core roster has been confirmed. Confirmed DLC consists of Jill and Shuma-Gorath.
http://en.wikipedia....el_vs._Capcom_3

Any other DLC plans you hear about is just pure speculation until announcements are made.

As far as my team is concerned, I'm looking at Zero, Chun-Li/Storm, and Sentinel

:C No Sakura...
Poke'mon friend code: 1634 5160 8904
Name: Syn
Have at me!
Currently looking for Treecko AND Cyndaquil

#87 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

I think I'm gonna stick with Zero/Ammy/Wesker as my first team. I gotta see how taskmaster plays.

That and my teams needs HEALTH.

Zero and Ammy are among the lowest in the game.

Wesker (surprisingly) has one of the highest.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#88 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

I've no idea what team I'm going to use. Only 2 of the characters I used in MvC2 are still here, so I'll just have to try everyone out.

She began to speak.

#89 User is offline   dek 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 10 February 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

I'll be disappointing if there's only these paint jobs.
I want actual alternate costumes and Capcom better not be charging me like they did with that SF4 crap.

They're gonna, but it's not Capcom's fault. Charging customers for that stuff are part of Microsoft and Sony's policies.

#90 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

With a new MvC finally coming out next Tuesday, it's mandatory there needs to be new traditions and new catch phrases.
How does, "He's so cool ranch Dorritos," sound?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users