• You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 IS MAHVEL BABEH!

#31 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

whats wrong with she hulk, and modok (his new look is kinda cool)

10 points to the person who knows what modok stands for, and didn't cheat to find it.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#32 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Since Capcom had a chance to revamp the whole roster with a new engine and building characters from scratch, I am disappoint that some old MVC1&2 still made it.
Sure those characters were barely relevant at the time of those old Capcom vs series but not now.
They need to put in characters prominent in each company's universe and not characters prominent in just the MvC history.
It's kinda like putting Jigglypuff in further installments of SSB.
I know Jigglypuff has a huge fanbase and they will riot if she's not in the game but, c'mon, lets be real.
She was just a developer shortcut (or idea block) in the first game and was put into the next 2 games for the sake of tradition and lols.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#33 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 29 January 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

Since Capcom had a chance to revamp the whole roster with a new engine and building characters from scratch, I am disappoint that some old MVC1&2 still made it.
Sure those characters were barely relevant at the time of those old Capcom vs series but not now.
They need to put in characters prominent in each company's universe and not characters prominent in just the MvC history.
I know Jigglypuff has a huge fanbase and they will riot if she's not in the game but, c'mon, lets be real.
She was just a developer shortcut (or idea block) in the first game and was put into the next 2 games for the sake of tradition and lols.

how do u know it wasn't a he?

but IDK, again, comic aren't to popular any more, most kids just know the movies, and cartoons which have every one from the old MvC games.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#34 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostSnow_Storm, on 29 January 2011 - 09:44 AM, said:

My troll/joke team will be the following: MODOK/She-Hulk/X-23. The reason why is because I'm tired of the raging angry fanboys who keep ranting they're a waste of character space. What better way to enrage them all then to main the people they hate and beat them with said characters?

My main team will be Ryu/Spider-Man/Morrigan since I have stuck with them since MVC1.

MODOK, She-Hulk, and X-23 look FUN and UNIQUE to say the least (just imagine MODOK, Arthur, and Storm as a zoning team -shudder-). I'm also peeved that some people didn't make it like Frank, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, and maybe someone from Breath of Fire, but CAPCOM has said they'll probably do DLC characters later so they can fix the omissions.

Also, how many people have seen this?

http://kotaku.com/57...vel-vs-capcom-3

Eep
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#35 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

View PostKasin, on 29 January 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

whats wrong with she hulk, and modok (his new look is kinda cool)

You check She Hulk's character page on the MVC Facebook page and see the comments the basement nerds made and come back at me! :P

10 points to the person who knows what modok stands for, and didn't cheat to find it.

Mental Organism Design Only for Killing!
/nerd

View PostKasin, on 29 January 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

but IDK, again, comic aren't to popular any more, most kids just know the movies, and cartoons which have every one from the old MvC games.

Which is kinda funny because for Marvel's side of MVC, they're going for who's popular in the comics right now, thus I think why everyone is upset about the character selection for MVC3. Everoyne was assuming they were going for the movies and cartoons.

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 29 January 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'm also peeved that some people didn't make it like Frank, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, and maybe someone from Breath of Fire, but CAPCOM has said they'll probably do DLC characters later so they can fix the omissions.

Silver Surfer was originally planned for MVC3 but they couldn't figure out how to use his surfboard for the game. Human Torch was also planned to be in this game (they had data and everything for him) but he took up too much memory (or actually, his flames animation did)and The Thing was planned as well but Capcom thought he would be a Hulk/Mike Haggar clone.

Give me Blade, Black Panther, and Ghost Rider and I'll be happy. Also sucks that Frank will be only DLC.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#36 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

View PostSnow_Storm, on 29 January 2011 - 10:52 AM, said:

You check She Hulk's character page on the MVC Facebook page and see the comments the basement nerds made and come back at me! Posted Image

Mental Organism Design Only for Killing!
/nerd

Which is kinda funny because for Marvel's side of MVC, they're going for who's popular in the comics right now, thus I think why everyone is upset about the character selection for MVC3. Everoyne was assuming they were going for the movies and cartoons.

She hulk never gets the love, but i bet if her boobs were out like power girls then all of a sudden...

Correct! 10 points!

and yes. the character select is weird, but it seems like many people from the hulk arc they have been doing.

#37 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

Silver Surfer was originally planned for MVC3 but they couldn't figure out how to use his surfboard for the game. Human Torch was also planned to be in this game (they had data and everything for him) but he took up too much memory (or actually, his flames animation did)and The Thing was planned as well but Capcom thought he would be a Hulk/Mike Haggar clone.

Give me Blade, Black Panther, and Ghost Rider and I'll be happy. Also sucks that Frank will be only DLC.

Yeah, apparently his moveset was taking too much time to do so they put him on the backburner for now. Ghost Rider also had the same problem as Surfer did due to the dev team finding it difficult to incorporate his bike into the game.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#38 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 29 January 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

Yeah, apparently his moveset was taking too much time to do so they put him on the backburner for now. Ghost Rider also had the same problem as Surfer did due to the dev team finding it difficult to incorporate his bike into the game.

Except he has solo moves he does, silver surfer doesn't. Also, I thought the bike could be a special move

#39 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

View PostKasin, on 29 January 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

Except he has solo moves he does, silver surfer doesn't. Also, I thought the bike could be a special move

Agrees.

I remember the Silver surfer thing as well as the reason why a lot of bad guys didn't make it in the final game; they were trying to not offend anyone.

Am I the only one who still reads comic books like Sonic/X-men/Uncanny/etc. and weird things like Leigon of Superheroes and power pack?

I thought She hulk had big...'assets' like Power girl and that's why she was popular again in the comics? Did something happen the past few years and she went down again? I haven't read it in a while except when I go to Borders.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#40 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

What lame excuses from Capcom?
Hard to incorporate the motorcycle. Just make it a super move. Ghost Rider can fight on his feet.
Too many moves for the Punisher!!?? Just give him less moves. Done. Hell, I'll be happy if they just make him a clone from Chris Redfield.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#41 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 30 January 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

What lame excuses from Capcom?
Hard to incorporate the motorcycle. Just make it a super move. Ghost Rider can fight on his feet.
Too many moves for the Punisher!!?? Just give him less moves. Done. Hell, I'll be happy if they just make him a clone from Chris Redfield.

AGREES ON THIS...Again.

I was agreeing on this FYI >_>; I was wondering why they said blah blah blah blah.

I dunno fans never going to be happy though!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#42 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

inb4 Capcom makes Viewtiful Joe crap tier again. like they did in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 30 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#43 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Frank will be only DLC.

One reaction image alone cannot describe my dismay for this BS.
I give you eleven.

Holo is unamused.jpg
Alice Blackbarn is disappoint.jpg
Aya Brea disapproves.jpg
Billy Idol plays Super Scope 6.png
Brick Top.jpg
Cloud with his hair down.jpg
Kratos looking wary.jpg
Seseri is unamused.jpg
The Flash facepalming.jpg
ugly guy playing halo.png
zero wing facepalm.png

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 30 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

#44 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 29 January 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

That's actually a terrible comparison because Jigglypuff's role in the game is to be used as a counter pick to strong air fighters, because she has the highest air attack speed in the game. =D
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#45 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

View PostJeff, on 31 January 2011 - 01:09 AM, said:

That's actually a terrible comparison because Jigglypuff's role in the game is to be used as a counter pick to strong air fighters, because she has the highest air attack speed in the game. =D

Technically, yes. She was made into a very useful character.
Aesthetically, she's meh.
Her moveset/role can simply be given/programmed to another character.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#46 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Well we know who the final boss will be in this game..and boy is he cheap >_<

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-jF_jwqJ8&feature=player_embedded#[/media]
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#47 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

No items. Amaterasu only. Final Destination.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#48 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 31 January 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

No items. Amaterasu only. Final Destination.

Good thing there's no items or ring-outs in MVC, so we don't have to worry about MVC3 ever reaching the stupidity of Smash's tourney scene. HEY GUISE, LET'S TAKE A PARTY GAME THAT WASN'T INTENDED TO BE A SERIOUS FIGHTING GAME, AND TAKE OUT EVERYTHING FUN IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT TOURNAMENT-WORTHY.

#49 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Brawl is better.

Am excited for MvC3. Yes very much.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#50 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

View PostJeff, on 31 January 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Brawl is better.
But this is still a thread for real fighting games. :P

#51 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:42 AM

Brawl is better then MVC 3 Jeff?

I'm assuming you mean just in a "hey let's all have fun and play brawl if there are 4 people manner." Brawl is more just party fun then anything. (I actually went to a small tourney and took 3rd place after not playing brawl for half a year. lolol Proof it isn't a fighting game. But it is fun in it's own way to take the items off and all that jazz)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#52 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

You can play any game in any way you want even if that method wasn't the creator's original intention.
Let's play MvC2 as a drinking game in order to get wasted. Why not? I bought the game. I want to play it the way I want.
All games can be competitive especially if the end objective requires a winner and a loser.
But in the end, ALL video games are made for fun. They're video games.
I'm sure the creators of MvC3 won't give a crap if their game is or isn't played in tourneys. As long as they can make more money.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#53 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 01 February 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

You can play any game in any way you want even if that method wasn't the creator's original intention.
Let's play MvC2 as a drinking game in order to get wasted. Why not? I bought the game. I want to play it the way I want.
All games can be competitive especially if the end objective requires a winner and a loser.
But in the end, ALL video games are made for fun. They're video games.
I'm sure the creators of MvC3 won't give a crap if their game is or isn't played in tourneys. As long as they can make more money.

The problem is a lot of Brawl fans (Melee is the old one ne? I get confused because I didn't own a Gamecube,) are Stop having fun guys. This happened in Guilty gear for a second as well when Ky/Sol became like unstoppable top tier. So a lot of SSBB fans simply either think ABC character is too cheap and should be banned, ABC character is too strong with final smash and so no final smash, or ABC map is cheap so not that map, or MY WAY IS ALL I GOT A BAZOOKA. My ex friend was a SHFG who basically used Game and watch and kept saying, "FINAL DESTINATION, NO ITEMS," until we revolted and he put on items only to keep using GaW very hard smash on very bad maps....

Whoops got off tangent, but yeah I agree, you should just have fun and try to be open minded about this game and other games. If you like using one character don't pound it in the head to the next person. I had this issue with TVC and pray that it doesn't happen in this game if I picked Joe or whoever.

Anyone going to play this game at Acen?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#54 User is offline   Devil Trigger Dante 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22124

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

If it's at Acen, I'm totally playing it

This game is actually the whole reason I stopped being lazy and finished my Devil May Cry 3 Dante Devil Trigger cosplay (since DT is a super move in the game)

Visionary Devil May Cry cosplayer

In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante

#55 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

"NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION" idiots are the cancer that killed Smash Bros.

#56 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

View PostSir Viver, on 01 February 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

"NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION" idiots are the cancer that killed Smash Bros.

God anytime at a convention where I was 1 v. 1 a person the fudge packer always did that, as though it was a wired reflex into their subconsious. I left after a few rounds because, even though I haven't really played in like a year I'm like "Yeah, whatever dude."

At the very least throw Delfino Plaza every once in a while. I liked that map.

As far as MVC3 goes, maybe I'll get it. I have a friend who is getting it, but I've been extremely lax in buying games as of late. Perhaps a price drop would persuade me more.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#57 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Does anyone still play SSB? I seen a few systems at Acen over the TVC ones but I didn't stay long after one or two rounds of BB.

How much is the darn game? I'ma buy it when I see my bf and just play it over his house although he's a braggard. Pisces much?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#58 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 29 January 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

I thought She hulk had big...'assets' like Power girl and that's why she was popular again in the comics? Did something happen the past few years and she went down again? I haven't read it in a while except when I go to Borders.

Not exactly. she-hulk is very muscular, and even the red she-hulk in full torn up bdsm doesn't get much love.

power girls is just super girls will porn boobs

#59 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

Boycotting the game if this isn't Dante's victory dialogue after fighting Trish:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk[/media]

#60 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

View PostSir Viver, on 03 February 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Boycotting the game if this isn't Dante's victory dialogue after fighting Trish:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk[/media]

The way he says light is so bad. XD
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users