• You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 IS MAHVEL BABEH!

#121 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

Hmmmm.....Dante, Deadpool, and Iron Man....BEST TEAM EVER. XD (at least for me)
ACen 2015
Arcade Sona(LoL)- 100% [bringing back]
Asuka Shikinami Soryu- 0%
My Cosplay.com

#122 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

So, for those who have the game:
All I want to know is if this game is very much Pringles.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#123 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

I thought it would be better. Still like it.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#124 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostIsamu, on 16 February 2011 - 09:17 AM, said:

I thought it would be better. Still like it.

So, it's more like Cool Ranch Dorritos?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#125 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

Played it for a bit today. Enjoying the game overall, but I do have some overall issues with the gameplay. It feels far too easy to land supers. The recovery time on things and the speed at which supers activate. In some ways thats good because it definitely punished mistakes, but it almost feels too harsh. Also, it is so easy to combo into supers as well that if you're not doing it, you are missing out on all kinds of damage. On that note as well it seems intensely important to learn the invincible frames for every character. You can avoid a lot of bullshit simply by sprouting some of your own.

Lastly, I really dislike that team combos can hit you while you're on the ground. It seems way too punishing especially with how easy they are to do. It sets you up for so much damage simply from getting knocked down. Again going along that mistakes feel far too punishing. And I'm typically all about punishing mistakes in fighters.

Not to say I dislike the game, but I can't see me ever wanting to play it competitively.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#126 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

Haven't tried it yet so not reading posting because I don't want ENDINGS SPOILT XD

Something happened with my refund so I gotta wait til I buy it >_< Blame my mom.

But I should (if gamestop restocks it,) buy it sometime next week among the chaos that is 'depend on Fujoshi for cash.' XD

Why because apparently Tekken, BB, and SC isn't enough fighting games for moi.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#127 User is offline   dek 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10543

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

The game is great.

The Netcode for it sucks if you're trying to do a Ranked match

For about 20 minutes straight, I got connection failure/lost errors.

And before anyone asks, the online features from my other games work just fine.

If this is just a fluke in the system that they'll fix within the next week, that's fine. Otherwise, I'll definitely consider not getting another Capcom game that has online...

#128 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Someone invite me over and I will play this game with you.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#129 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 February 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Haven't tried it yet so not reading posting because I don't want ENDINGS SPOILT XD

Something happened with my refund so I gotta wait til I buy it >_< Blame my mom.

But I should (if gamestop restocks it,) buy it sometime next week among the chaos that is 'depend on Fujoshi for cash.' XD

Why because apparently Tekken, BB, and SC isn't enough fighting games for moi.

Endings? In Marvel vs Capcom 3? What are these things you speak of? lol

Seriously these endings suck. This so called "AWESOME STORY" capcom promised is none existant.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#130 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 17 February 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

Endings? In Marvel vs Capcom 3? What are these things you speak of? lol

Seriously these endings suck. This so called "AWESOME STORY" capcom promised is none existant.

Street fighter Alpha 3 was worse....so many plot holes. I didn't respect Capcom for years until recently due to rush jobs and crappy stories :lol:

I was hoping that something would change for once in a VSs fighting game XB Like the BB series. I actually made a fanfiction crossover from the script alone but it's hard cause I lost my backup folder and my cpu died.

Dunno I haven't played the game and I can't buy it til next week!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#131 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 February 2011 - 09:36 PM, said:

Street fighter Alpha 3 was worse....so many plot holes. I didn't respect Capcom for years until recently due to rush jobs and crappy stories :lol:

I was hoping that something would change for once in a VSs fighting game XB Like the BB series. I actually made a fanfiction crossover from the script alone but it's hard cause I lost my backup folder and my cpu died.

Dunno I haven't played the game and I can't buy it til next week!

Well in hindsight, there was like what, 4 canon endings in Alpha 3? lol Most weren't canon so that is why they made little sense. lol

But MvC3 endings are worse. They are very small, aren't interesting, and there isn't any intro explaining what actually happened. Just the intro eequences.

BB by far has the best story line in a fighter. KoF has a pretty good story too. capcom always was meh when it came to story making for fighting games.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#132 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 17 February 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

BB by far has the best story line in a fighter.

Guilty Gear was up there with BlazBlue, but that makes sense all things considered.

I also enjoy Tekken's story.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#133 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

So far my only complaints are with the content, not gameplay. Mission mode doesn't have an option to see a demonstration of the combo you're supposed to do, there's no CPU option in Vs. mode, no spectator mode in the online component, and there's no story mode. A lot of these omissions are baffling and make the design seem archaic. Blazblue had ALL of that and then some. The game is still fun, but the lack of content is annoying.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#134 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 18 February 2011 - 12:19 AM, said:

So far my only complaints are with the content, not gameplay. Mission mode doesn't have an option to see a demonstration of the combo you're supposed to do, there's no CPU option in Vs. mode, no spectator mode in the online component, and there's no story mode. A lot of these omissions are baffling and make the design seem archaic. Blazblue had ALL of that and then some. The game is still fun, but the lack of content is annoying.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am really disappointed with all those things. Putting the command in mission mode seems like a gimme. As well as a spectator mode for multiplayer. How did either of these things get overlooked?

I will agree that the story is weak as well and the endings are kinda lame 10 second clips. Especially considering you only get one a playthrough that it already feels like a chore mashing my way through the game to unlock them and I've only done a couple.

Still the fighting isn't bad and I think I've finally found my team. Or at least I've found a guy I'm good with, decent with, and acceptable with.

Deadpool
Wesker
Dante
Armageddicon!!

#135 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 18 February 2011 - 12:19 AM, said:

Well I agree with some (mainly the lack of spectator mode. Which I know ALOT of people are quite pissed about) But you can't really compare Blazblue to Marvel vs Capcom 3. different games. (The whole apple vs oranges comes into play here)

Blazblue plays more story then anything. While this is still no excuse for capcom's poor excuse of a story, you can't really come expecting a good story from a fighting game.

I mean look at half of the roster of Street fighter. Their stories are mostly "I want to fight someone stronger. Blah blah blah." That should tell you right there not to expect much for story.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#136 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 18 February 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

Well I agree with some (mainly the lack of spectator mode. Which I know ALOT of people are quite pissed about) But you can't really compare Blazblue to Marvel vs Capcom 3. different games. (The whole apple vs oranges comes into play here)

Blazblue plays more story then anything. While this is still no excuse for capcom's poor excuse of a story, you can't really come expecting a good story from a fighting game.

I mean look at half of the roster of Street fighter. Their stories are mostly "I want to fight someone stronger. Blah blah blah." That should tell you right there not to expect much for story.

*snickers* This is why Ryu doesn't have a gf after how many games and Ken is married with kids and getting some....

WHOOPS :lol:

Idk kept thinking Chun Li's storyline woulda been lol worthy or something.

At least there's Deadpool and Wesky.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#137 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 18 February 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

When I mean "Story Mode" I mean a proper single player that isn't just the grind of Arcade, so it has nothing to do with an actual plot like Blazblue (though even without BB's great plot and character its story mode would still have been good). Soul Calibur's Quest Modes for instance have nothing in the way of plot but give you something to do that doesn't feel like a monotonous blur. Or Smash Bros Brawl that had a great single player mode as well as a quirky character interactions with CG cutscenes. The Emissary is probably the best style for the game since you could've just had goofy cinemas in between fights.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#138 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

On topic note this game is selling for 100+ dollars on ebay and regular is like 70-100 dollars.

Gamestop still doesn't have it derp :rolleyes:
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#139 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

gonna take you for a ride

dun nu nu na. Dun nu nu na.

#140 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

I'm still amused that they managed to make that song more annoying in this.

She began to speak.

#141 User is offline   HiougiQ 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8455

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

So xeno I heard you like Street fighter 4... we should play sometime lolol. But anyway Im gona start posting now and stop lurking :balloons:
IMA FIRRRING A mediocre employee....................................

#142 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

Right now, my team seems to rotate between Wolverine, Felicia, Morrigan, and Hsien-Ko. Zero, X-23, Trish, and Ryu get a spot on my team occasionally.

I jokingly tried She-Hulk the last time I played and actually enjoyed her. I also like Storm, but she just isn't as fun as the rest of the characters I still use even though she's probably the best.

She began to speak.

#143 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

View PostKaia Hatsune, on 16 February 2011 - 01:59 AM, said:

Hmmmm.....Dante, Deadpool, and Iron Man....BEST TEAM EVER. XD (at least for me)

I agree with this team of range spam

#144 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

i wold at least for the moment go with Zero, X-23 and taskmaster(but he tends to be mixed in with Deadpool)
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#145 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hahaha!!
I didn't know Deadpool quotes Yipes (Mahvel Baybee) when he beats Magneto!
That's hilarious!

"You can't spell assassin without sin - and twice the @ss!"
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#146 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

If anyone is one PS3 names anthroepc. Need to stop playing people who SPam and Rage Quit.
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#147 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

My team so far has been Dante, Ameratsu and I like to switch between Tron and Deadpool. I like Deadpool a little better because he's faster and likes to jump a lot and is very flexible when it comes to air combos and arial type attacks.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#148 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

I have two teams now. :D

Zero, Ammy, and Dante is my main and favorite characters. (I love Zero's crazy pressure game)

my other team is Wesker/Tron, Dr. Doom, and Taskmaster. I'm practicing relaunch combos with Wesker and using doom's beam assist once, taskmasters straight arrow assist after another aerial combo is done, and then relaunch again to finish with a super for a nasty little combo.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#149 User is offline   AmberCross 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 32759

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

I think we should all just be happy that there wont be cable spam followed by a juggernaut punch every 2 seconds :V

Hayato
Strider
Sonson
OmegaRed
mrpimp cactus

you will be missed T.T

This post has been edited by AmberCross: 02 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

I am me I am I - I will reside inside of your mind - Tear me out and torture me - Make me bleed and make me see - The darkest depths of mankind - Make me hate and make me burn - Grow me up and help me learn - Bully me and tell me off - Be better off then me - Just remember lessons learned - I will live and you will burn - I am fate and you are fear - Ill bloody you without a tear - because it is my fate to kill - I slaughter all the minds of ill - I make this world a better place - I slaughter all the human race

The Final Solution by: Amber Cross

#150 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

View PostAmberCross, on 02 March 2011 - 12:31 AM, said:

I think we should all just be happy that there wont be cable spam followed by a juggernaut punch every 2 seconds :V

Hayato
Strider
Sonson
OmegaRed
mrpimp cactus

you will be missed T.T

Instead now you get sentinel drone spam...
Armageddicon!!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users