Anime Central Forums: 2011 Masquerade FAQ (a work in progress) - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2011 Masquerade FAQ (a work in progress)

#1 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

1. Can you enter both the craftsmanship part and the skit part?
Yes! At a high level, we break down the masquerade into two parts: Performance (skits & walk-ons) and Craftsmanship. You MUST participate in Performance to participate in the masquerade (you choose skit or walk-on), you MAY choose to do craftsmanship as well.

2. How many costumes can I wear during the masquerade?
One; you won't have time to change. If you're doing craftsmanship, the craftsmanship costume is the one you wear on stage for your performance.

3. Does your costume have to be completely hand-made?
Competing in the Craftsmanship competition requires that your costume be 60% hand-made.

4. How will craftsmanship judges know that my costume represents my character?
Reference pictures. Bring us pictures so we know what you should look like. (It's also a good idea to bring "in progress" pictures showing you making the costume -- a picture's often worth a thousand words!)

5. Can my skit be a dance?
Absolutely.

6. How many people can be in a skit?
Eight (8). This includes "stage ninjas"

7. Can you sing in a skit if you are also dancing?
Yes -- but I suggest recording it and lip synching! (Japanese/English is fine -- just remember to keep it clean).

8. How long can the skit be?
2 minutes, 30 seconds

9. Are there prizes for the winners?
Of course! Some for performance, some for craftsmanship.

10. When is the masquerade?
Typically 6:00 pm on Saturday. If you're participating, we'll want you sooner -- probably at 4:30 (it depends on a variety of things which I don't know yet -- but I'll know by then)

11. I want to make <insert mega-huge costume here>; is that okay?
Measure your home's front door: it's probably 3 foot wide and about 6 feet 8 inches tall. Can you get in your costume, stand in that door, and spin around without bumping into anything? You're good. You bump into the door? We need to chat -- PM me.

#2 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Question: Are we allowed to "transform" during a walk-on as long as it's like 20 seconds or under?

Answer: Yes, you can "transform" if you can get on stage, transform, and then be off stage in 15-20 seconds.

Question: Will there be helpers to help carry our costume on/off the stage if we need it?

Answer: There will not be ACEN staff available for such. You'll need to bring your own helpers -- and since such things are often large, please PM me. I'm going to need some details and I'm going to make sure you have some details about the stage as well.

#3 User is offline   Saeru 

• Masquerade
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 984

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

As one of the masquerade judges, I just wanted to drop a note saying that we greatly prefer printed references that we can keep to any other form(IE we recommend against cell-phones, artbooks, computers, etc). A printed reference of your character or you is a great way to help us quickly recall your costume when we're going through entrants back-stage!
Friendly neighborhood Anti-Sora.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users