Anime Central Forums: 2011 Masquerade: Info here (more over time!) - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2011 Masquerade: Info here (more over time!)

#61 User is offline   Anblick 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 23985
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 10-February 09

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hi there, I had a masquerade question. I didn't realize there was a pre-reg until last week and I'm super worried that all the walk-on slots will be full when I get there because I can't get to the convention until Friday. Do you know how quick those usually fill up, or is there any way we can register in advance? :( Our costume is MASSIVE and super-cool and I'm seriously really paranoid we won't be able to get into the masquerade!

#62 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

  • Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636
  • Posts: 2,730
  • Joined: 27-November 06
  • Location:lynwood il

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

you dont need to be in the costume when you register
so if you run up and sign up right away
you should be ok

we massive cosplayers have to check with saber
because it may be hard or impossible to get on and off stage while in them
he have worked with massive cosplays before and you should be ok
pm saber for more details

and i cant wait to see ya there
he keeps all the huge cosplays in an area
we have so much fun
GL!
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#63 User is offline   sabre 

  • Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

Massive emails to all pre-reg folks have been sent. If you can't make it (had 1 walk-on drop today), IT'S OKAY! Just let me know -- I have folks in the wings to take skit slots! :)

#64 User is offline   Karmada 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 15495
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 07-November 07

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

View Postsabre, on 02 May 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

Massive emails to all pre-reg folks have been sent. If you can't make it (had 1 walk-on drop today), IT'S OKAY! Just let me know -- I have folks in the wings to take skit slots! :)


Thank you very much for the email! I did have one quick question for clarification - when we check in at the Masquerade office, is that when we get judged? Or is a judging time set up? I've never been in ACEN's masq before so I wanted to make sure if I needed to be all dressed up at that time.

Thanks!

#65 User is offline   sabre 

  • Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Craftsmanship judging occurs during set-up for the masquerade and during the masquerade itself so that we minimize impact on your con experience. Performance judging (skit and walk-on) occurs during the masquerade itself ;)

#66 User is offline   Karmada 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 15495
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 07-November 07

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

View Postsabre, on 03 May 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

Craftsmanship judging occurs during set-up for the masquerade and during the masquerade itself so that we minimize impact on your con experience. Performance judging (skit and walk-on) occurs during the masquerade itself ;)


Ohhhh so the check in is more of "hey, I'm really here, and yes, I'll be at the masq" kinda thing? A place to get all the nitty gritty info, timing, places, etc, I'm sure.

Sounds lovely!

#67 User is offline   sabre 

  • Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostKarmada, on 04 May 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

Ohhhh so the check in is more of "hey, I'm really here, and yes, I'll be at the masq" kinda thing? A place to get all the nitty gritty info, timing, places, etc, I'm sure.

Sounds lovely!


Precisely: "I'm here. I'll sign a document noting that people are going to take my picture. I'm supposed to be where when?" :)

#68 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

  • Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636
  • Posts: 2,730
  • Joined: 27-November 06
  • Location:lynwood il

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

hmm i may have a problem
ill post again in the moring
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#69 User is offline   Demy 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 31442
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 03-June 09

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

I just wanted to know what time the masquerade office opened for late registration Friday, me and my friends would like to get there as soon as possible :)

Also in regards to a previous post, we have a very big costume (over seven feet tall) so just a heads up to Sabre I guess? We will be needed help getting it on stage... Assuming we get to the pre-reg in time to get in -crosses fingers-

This post has been edited by Demy: 17 May 2011 - 01:27 PM


#70 User is offline   Jazhed508 

  • ACen Staff - Masquerade
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 109
  • Posts: 825
  • Joined: 14-April 03
  • Location:Berwyn

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostDemy, on 17 May 2011 - 01:24 PM, said:

I just wanted to know what time the masquerade office opened for late registration Friday, me and my friends would like to get there as soon as possible :)

Also in regards to a previous post, we have a very big costume (over seven feet tall) so just a heads up to Sabre I guess? We will be needed help getting it on stage... Assuming we get to the pre-reg in time to get in -crosses fingers-


Jon posted the hours at the bottom of Page 2 of this thread.

#71 User is offline   sabre 

  • Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

And to repost them:

Masquerade Office Hours of Operation
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – Noon
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – Noon

#72 User is offline   manga1 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231
  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: 02-April 10

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Man if I cant get in this years masq next year I am going to send that entry and spam attack you with it to make sure you get it that time, thats why they call me the germ as a nickname.

#73 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

  • Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636
  • Posts: 2,730
  • Joined: 27-November 06
  • Location:lynwood il

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

if ya cheack in around the beginning of the year you should be ok
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#74 User is offline   manga1 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231
  • Posts: 183
  • Joined: 02-April 10

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Well I did this year but I think it got lost when I sent it. I signed up after I registered for the con and that was before second tier cut off. It makes me mad really, since I really wanted to do competition at a big con, it would have real meaning to my performance while I am having fun if I could win here.

signed Jeremy Manga1

#75 User is offline   Demy 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 31442
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 03-June 09

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thank you very much Sabre! I hope there is still room for a group walk-on

#76 User is offline   vika838 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58943
  • Posts: 103
  • Joined: 27-October 10

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

View Postsabre, on 17 May 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

And to repost them:

Masquerade Office Hours of Operation
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – Noon
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – Noon


So if I understand correctly, we can show up for skit review during any of these open hours? Also, for skit review we do not need to be dressed in costume? I read that there are two masquerade offices, which one would we go to for skit review/check-in? Thanks!

This post has been edited by vika838: 19 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Love and Peace!

Vika!

#77 User is offline   sabre 

  • Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153
  • Posts: 199
  • Joined: 08-May 06

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

1) There is only 1 masquerade office (Limburgh -- I spent time there today). There is also a Hall Cosplay office but that is different.
2) For skit review, you don't need to be in costume. Bring big/important props (it helps).

#78 User is offline   vika838 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58943
  • Posts: 103
  • Joined: 27-October 10

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

View Postsabre, on 20 May 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

1) There is only 1 masquerade office (Limburgh -- I spent time there today). There is also a Hall Cosplay office but that is different.
2) For skit review, you don't need to be in costume. Bring big/important props (it helps).


Will do, thanks.
Love and Peace!

Vika!

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users